LINDENHURST: Collision leaves boy, 14...

LINDENHURST: Collision leaves boy, 14, in critical condition

There are 64 comments on the Newsday story from May 1, 2008, titled LINDENHURST: Collision leaves boy, 14, in critical condition. In it, Newsday reports that:

A 14-year-old boy was in critical condition yesterday after he was hit by a car in Lindenhurst while riding a kick scooter, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

pissed offf

Morris Plains, NJ

#49 May 19, 2008
thats my brother you asss hole we hould be able to do wat we want in town you dont kno the storyy or anythin my parents raised us right soo bug the f offf
Ron Zoni wrote:
Stupid for riding a scooter on Wellwood avenue. That road is a disaster. With so many side streets and parks, this idiot chose that road at that time.
Stupid parents raise stupid children.
What

Raleigh, NC

#50 May 19, 2008
GEICO INSURANCE wrote:
Swindlehurst is a ghetto the crazy crack head drivers do not slow down in Swindlehurst. Boats parked illegally in street block views of the road, illegal unregistered cars all over. Illegal appartements, section 8 houses, wellfare depression. Lindehurst is the ghetto - no on respects there property or the road.
Do you ALWAYS show off your ignorance so freely? You really are an I D I O T. Bellmore is just a more expensive dump.
pissed offf

Morris Plains, NJ

#51 May 19, 2008
stupid kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not here to ďtrash talkĒ him. Iím here to question his common sense and question if he was ever taught not to jump in front of cars or get in the way of them on the road. Someone has to be brain dead to play on a scooter on Wellwood during rush hour.
Why would people come to you in school? Are you the drug dealer there?
Iím glad I didnít get dozens of text messages about this.
It is important if this was his fault. It was his fault and the driver wasnít charged with anything or even issued a ticket. If anyone that does anything stupid enough to get themselves hurt or killed then yes, they deserve what they get. The blame lies somewhere and in this case itís all on him and his parents. They're paying now.
my brother was crossing the strret he was in the green crosswalk while he was crossing it was red then in he middle of crossing it turned green he didnt realize nd teh car started to speed ahead soo b4 you start sayin my brother must have brian damage to b crossing the strret he did basically have th eright away b/c now he may have brian damage hopefully he wont but you had too be a dick nd say that that is messsed up i think unless you kno what happen you should shut utr mouth cuz my brother didnt deserve this he is a ghood kiddd
Strikes Again

Raleigh, NC

#52 May 19, 2008
OREO ICECREAM wrote:
Swindlehurst is the ghetto, defign ghetto: House with Christmas lights still up in MAY, Section 8 houses, illegal appartments all over swindlehurst, cars parked on front lawns,(( bergen point sewer treatment plant in Lindenhurst)) Boats parked in the street evey other house, and I mean junk boats... kids pulling motors out of cars in the street, cars up on jack stands.(( Swindlehurst is white ghetto trash ))
The M O R O N strikes again. The sewer plant is in WEST BABYLON
WHAT

Raleigh, NC

#53 May 19, 2008
momof3 wrote:
once again.. does anyone really know what really happened? This boy was not playing in the street..he was acting on inpulse to help someone else. Yes he was not thinking when he went into the street without looking but just remember that he was just reacting to a situation. He is not an idiot or stupid. I agree that these kids should not be hanging out on wellwood ave and I agree their parents should know what they are doing but all kids on wellwood are not "bad" kids. the village should also do something about them being there but they don't. does any of the blame lie with them? by the way oreo. bergen point is in west babylon..not lindenhurst. You and slappy are a poor excuses for a human beings.. how do you know this boy is not a civilized human being? you know nothing about him or his family because if you did you would know that this was a tragic accident. How about you be civilized and pray for this poor boy and his family.
WHAT was the incedent that made him do this? What situation was he trying to help. Or is this a made up item for sensationalism???
WHAT

Raleigh, NC

#54 May 19, 2008
Lindenhurst is Ghetto wrote:
Another black eye for Swindlehurst.
What part of a SIMPLE ACCIDENT do you NOT understand. Another moron with a mornonic statement.
Lindy Gal

Raleigh, NC

#55 May 19, 2008
melissa wrote:
i lived in lindenhurst all my life. the town is crazy. noone slows down even at the light or when people are crossing. i feel bad for the boy and his family and the parents need to take action against the person who hit there son. and that person was on the phone so what does that tell you.
It's true what you say about people NOT slowing down. In Babylon, Sayville and other villages, people slow down through the town. I live right off of Wellwood Ave. When I turn onto Wellwood I drive under 30 mph and the people are PISSED OFF. TOO BAD. They drive 50-55 down wellwod ave until they get to John Street when driving south and THEN MAYBE they go 35-40.
I'd love to see traffic patrol on Wellwood. We should hire a Village cop just for that. We would make his salary 10 times over in a week or two.
Slappy White

Jamaica, NY

#56 May 19, 2008
pissed offf wrote:
<quoted text>
my brother was crossing the strret he was in the green crosswalk while he was crossing it was red then in he middle of crossing it turned green he didnt realize nd teh car started to speed ahead soo b4 you start sayin my brother must have brian damage to b crossing the strret he did basically have th eright away b/c now he may have brian damage hopefully he wont but you had too be a dick nd say that that is messsed up i think unless you kno what happen you should shut utr mouth cuz my brother didnt deserve this he is a ghood kiddd
Another intelligent and articulate post by the youth of today.
Slappy White

Jamaica, NY

#57 May 19, 2008
OREO ICECREAM wrote:
<quoted text> I agree slappy is always right.
:)
pissed offf

Morris Plains, NJ

#58 May 19, 2008
r u guys jokin my brother got hit by a car nd you guys are trashing lindenhurst like wow who gives a shit yoiuo guys writing bout how bad lindy is aint goin to be on the news tomorrow i totally dont that nd what you guys are sayin bout my parents that they are stupid nd they raised a stupid kid is f*** up wat if that was your kid nd ppl were saying this you would be pissed offf soo seriously just shut your mouths plz and thankss you cuz not every teenager is the same nd we all dont act "ghetto" so when you get to kno every single teeneger or person in lindenhurst then you can trash us or wat everyou wanna doo but your not goin too soo stop it we dont say jack sh** bout your town soo go away
Massapequa Man

Freeport, NY

#63 May 22, 2008
The big problem is Swindlehurst is loaded with Skells, Ghetto **** Wellfare, Section 8, Food Stamp wic mothers, illegal appartments, cars/ boat junk in the street and on lawns. Christmas lights and decorations still up on houses in May. That is Ghetto. Oh and cars parked the wrong was on streets.
Massapequa Man

Freeport, NY

#64 May 22, 2008
Swindlehurst is a ghetto the crazy crack head drivers do not slow down in Swindlehurst. Boats parked illegally in street block views of the road, illegal unregistered cars all over. Illegal appartements, section 8 houses, wellfare depression. Lindehurst is the ghetto - no on respects there property or the road.
Slappy White

Jamaica, NY

#65 May 22, 2008
pissed offf wrote:
r u guys jokin my brother got hit by a car nd you guys are trashing lindenhurst like wow who gives a shit yoiuo guys writing bout how bad lindy is aint goin to be on the news tomorrow i totally dont that nd what you guys are sayin bout my parents that they are stupid nd they raised a stupid kid is f*** up wat if that was your kid nd ppl were saying this you would be pissed offf soo seriously just shut your mouths plz and thankss you cuz not every teenager is the same nd we all dont act "ghetto" so when you get to kno every single teeneger or person in lindenhurst then you can trash us or wat everyou wanna doo but your not goin too soo stop it we dont say jack sh** bout your town soo go away
Like wow, OMG!!!
Massapequa Man

Freeport, NY

#66 May 22, 2008
Massapequa Man

Freeport, NY

#67 May 22, 2008
GEICO INSURANCE wrote:
Swindlehurst: I say turn this area in to a rehab center for ghetto re-tart skells plunger monkeys. Or give the residents guns to do drive by shootings. This area is all Ghetto, turning darker and darker everyday: You can soon develope film in Swindlehurst it will be so DARK
Momo4Life

Brooklyn, NY

#68 May 22, 2008
Slappy White wrote:
<quoted text>
Like wow, OMG!!!
Hey Slappy stop it, your killing me. lol
Massapequa Man

Freeport, NY

#69 May 22, 2008
Only Swindlehurst has a POO Burning plant called (Bergen Point) - they cook burn poop in Bergen Point, the smell in Lindehurst is unbleavable, you would think it is the residents, but the poop residu from Bergen Point sticks to the parents, dead beat dads, crack head moms, wellfare parents. The residents of Swindlehurst like to think the poo plant is in Babylon but it is right on the border line. Ghetto Ghetto Ghetto
Kathleen

Sayreville, NJ

#72 May 24, 2008
You people make me completely sick. This is just a forum for you to be the Judge of who has the better judgment at the time. Like, you never made a mistake? Try having kids!!! You can't control everything they do, you can only hope they listen to 1/2 of what you say. The fact is a 14 year old boy is seriously hurt, his parents are feeling like, "what they could have done to prevent it and the driver is feeling like if I could have done to prevent it?" The driver is thinking if I could have only taken 1 second longer! Stop judging everyone in the story and realize this is a serious tragedy and God help them all get through it. The hell with all you righteous people. Your Memorial Day weekend will be like all the others but not for these people, you think they ASKED for this? You are despicable! What are you Mr. and Mrs. PERFECT!!!!
bigdawg

AOL

#73 May 24, 2008
GEICO INSURANCE wrote:
<quoted text> I agree Slappy, plus Swindlehurst is the biggest ghetto, kids are out wondering the street on a school night with no shoes. Were are the parents. This is the type of town kids ride mini bikes all over, the ride go-carts over lawns, ATV fly down streets what do parents think is going to happen, plus most of swindlehurst residents are drung loosers.
I agree Slappy, plus Swindlehurst is the biggest ghetto, kids are out (wondering) the street on a school night with no shoes.(Were) are the parents. This is the type of town kids ride mini bikes all over,(the) ride go-carts over lawns,(ATV) fly down streets what do parents think is going to happen, plus most of swindlehurst residents are (drung) loosers.
Wow, that sure is a lot of mistakes for a short post. That Bellmore education really sucks!
Lindenhurst Res

Warwick, NY

#74 Aug 7, 2008
What level of ignorance does it take to apply a stereotype to residents of a town? That's stupid, as it always has been. Massapequa man is probably some spoiled rich piece of shit that was given everything he wanted as a kid and hasn't had any kind of actual exposure to the world around him. I don't live in anything close to a ghetto. I live in a well kept ranch, and I have a regular cleaning service and landscapers to keep it in nice condition. If THIS is the ghetto, I'd hate to see what the actual ghetto looks like. Since when is lindenhurst all about welfare and cars on front lawns? That's crazy, I've never seen that in the 11 years I've lived here. Sorry we all can't live in massapequa and sniff coke with hundred dollar bills all day, you rich spoiled scumbags.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 14 hr Bruser 8,240
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sun Bruser 2,612
do anybody know the fortunato's (Mar '09) Apr 30 joeyblack 38
News A&G Bakery hosts waffle pop-up in North Babylon Apr 29 jim beam 1
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... Apr 29 commodity broker 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Apr 27 marissamacc11 41
News Site plan for Matinecock Court housing project OKd (Jan '10) Apr 27 BDF 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages