LINDENHURST: Collision leaves boy, 14...

LINDENHURST: Collision leaves boy, 14, in critical condition

There are 64 comments on the Newsday story from May 1, 2008, titled LINDENHURST: Collision leaves boy, 14, in critical condition. In it, Newsday reports that:

A 14-year-old boy was in critical condition yesterday after he was hit by a car in Lindenhurst while riding a kick scooter, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

jenn

Deer Park, NY

#23 May 3, 2008
you guys have to be kidding me if you are going to sit here and trash talk a 14 year old boy who got hit by a car and is in critical condition. you dont know how many people came to me in school the next day crying or saying how bad they felt. you did not recieve the dozens of text messages praying for him to recover. and if it was his fault or not thats not important. basically what you are saying is that if it was his fault then he deserves to die? so many of you are sick and have sick minds. instead of blaming james you should be praying for him.

and by the way, lindenhurst is NOT the ghetto. unless you consider people walking around wearing abercrombie and hollister, carrying coach, louis vuitton, and prada bags ghetto like. why dont you come to lindenhurst before you start trashing it.
smart one

White Plains, NY

#24 May 3, 2008
I do not get all you people who are saying that this poor boy deserves to be hit by a car. What kind of people are you? Obviously NOT people who deserve to be here... For those of you who have something bad to say..you better watch out cause Karma is a B****! How dare you all speak so horrible about a young boy who is now hurt very badly and has to live like this for the rest of his life.. There are not many people that are as horrible as you.. so please find something better to do then talk crap about INNOCENT, NORMAL, CARING Citizens... My heart goes out to the family and friends of this poor boy...
stupid kids

Brooklyn, NY

#25 May 3, 2008
jenn wrote:
you guys have to be kidding me if you are going to sit here and trash talk a 14 year old boy who got hit by a car and is in critical condition. you dont know how many people came to me in school the next day crying or saying how bad they felt. you did not recieve the dozens of text messages praying for him to recover. and if it was his fault or not thats not important. basically what you are saying is that if it was his fault then he deserves to die? so many of you are sick and have sick minds. instead of blaming james you should be praying for him.
and by the way, lindenhurst is NOT the ghetto. unless you consider people walking around wearing abercrombie and hollister, carrying coach, louis vuitton, and prada bags ghetto like. why dont you come to lindenhurst before you start trashing it.
Iím not here to ďtrash talkĒ him. Iím here to question his common sense and question if he was ever taught not to jump in front of cars or get in the way of them on the road. Someone has to be brain dead to play on a scooter on Wellwood during rush hour.
Why would people come to you in school? Are you the drug dealer there?
Iím glad I didnít get dozens of text messages about this.
It is important if this was his fault. It was his fault and the driver wasnít charged with anything or even issued a ticket. If anyone that does anything stupid enough to get themselves hurt or killed then yes, they deserve what they get. The blame lies somewhere and in this case itís all on him and his parents. They're paying now.
stupid kids

Brooklyn, NY

#26 May 3, 2008
smart one wrote:
I do not get all you people who are saying that this poor boy deserves to be hit by a car. What kind of people are you? Obviously NOT people who deserve to be here... For those of you who have something bad to say..you better watch out cause Karma is a B****! How dare you all speak so horrible about a young boy who is now hurt very badly and has to live like this for the rest of his life.. There are not many people that are as horrible as you.. so please find something better to do then talk crap about INNOCENT, NORMAL, CARING Citizens... My heart goes out to the family and friends of this poor boy...
I donít get that you donít understand that if you dash out into traffic on Wellwood Avenue youíll get hit by a car. Those who are careful deserve to be here. Keep your karma to yourself because Iím not Hindu or Buddhist so karma isnít an option.
If this kid is so innocent, how did he get hit by a car? Normal people donít dash into traffic. Caring people are concerned about their well being and their childrenís. they also teach their children to be careful and that the world is going to look out for them.
stupid kids

Brooklyn, NY

#27 May 3, 2008
Praying for your son wrote:
i am the mother of a 13 year old. my son has done his fair share of dumb things. thank God that thus far he hasn't been seriously hurt or killed. My heart goes out to the child and his family. I hope that he fully recovers and learns from this tragic accident. My husband and I set boundaries and limits, but the children are not always compliant. They would rather impress their peers.
It looks like youíre doing a good job raising your son. All children do things they shouldnít and if raised well they will learn from the little mistakes. Some parents and others think itís the job of everyone else to look out for the ones who are blatantly stupid.
Unfortunately this kid is a product of his parents.
OREO ICECREAM

Freeport, NY

#28 May 4, 2008
Swindlehurst is the ghetto, defign ghetto: House with Christmas lights still up in MAY, Section 8 houses, illegal appartments all over swindlehurst, cars parked on front lawns, (( bergen point sewer treatment plant in Lindenhurst)) Boats parked in the street evey other house, and I mean junk boats... kids pulling motors out of cars in the street, cars up on jack stands. (( Swindlehurst is white ghetto trash ))
OREO ICECREAM

Freeport, NY

#29 May 4, 2008
GEICO INSURANCE wrote:
Swindlehurst is a ghetto the crazy crack head drivers do not slow down in Swindlehurst. Boats parked illegally in street block views of the road, illegal unregistered cars all over. Illegal appartements, section 8 houses, wellfare depression. Lindehurst is the ghetto - no on respects there property or the road.
I agree geico
OREO ICECREAM

Freeport, NY

#30 May 4, 2008
LINDY SUCKS wrote:
i hate lindenhurst..its the new ghetto!! its gross how kids hang out all over wellwood. but i really feel bad for the boy that got hit by the car. he didnt deserve it. but i HATE shittyhurst!!!!
lol
OREO ICECREAM

Freeport, NY

#31 May 4, 2008
Slappy White wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps some of are tired of stupid kids doing stupid kids, and then everyone else expecting us to feel sorry for them.
You act like an idiot, you get what you get...and riding a kick scooter on Wellwood Avenue is pretty idiotic if you ask me (or anybody else who has driven down that road).
I am personally sick and tired of having to yield to your dumb kids. Teach your crotchdroppings how to behave like civilized human beings and perhaps I'll have more respect for them. Until then, let them keep killing themselves and each other...in the long run it will save innocent lives.
I agree slappy is always right.

“Hug Your Kids”

Since: Mar 08

Lindenhurst

#33 May 4, 2008
damn illegals wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít need counseling except for dealing with the idiots on the roads. Wellwood avenue is a mess during rush hour even with a car. The deep would I have is from the morons who think they can do anything when and where they please and think the world is looking out for them.
I did get mad at someone when he rode his bicycle off the sidewalk into the side of my car while stopped at a stop sign. I call him and idiot and I bet you think that was my fault.
If I do something that caused my own misfortune I blame myself. We all have ourselves to blame for our own self-induced problems. Those of us who are smart enough learn, the rest continue on in a fog. I own up to my own mistakes. Do you?
The deep would I have is from the morons who think they can do anything when and where they please and think the world is looking out for them.

And just by chance would you be one of those who think they can do anything, Like trashing a kid who got hit by a car and think it's okay?
momof3

Brooklyn, NY

#34 May 4, 2008
once again.. does anyone really know what really happened? This boy was not playing in the street..he was acting on inpulse to help someone else. Yes he was not thinking when he went into the street without looking but just remember that he was just reacting to a situation. He is not an idiot or stupid. I agree that these kids should not be hanging out on wellwood ave and I agree their parents should know what they are doing but all kids on wellwood are not "bad" kids. the village should also do something about them being there but they don't. does any of the blame lie with them? by the way oreo. bergen point is in west babylon..not lindenhurst. You and slappy are a poor excuses for a human beings.. how do you know this boy is not a civilized human being? you know nothing about him or his family because if you did you would know that this was a tragic accident. How about you be civilized and pray for this poor boy and his family.
Paris Hilton

Freeport, NY

#39 May 5, 2008
I have to agree Swindlehurst is a very trashy town. Very whats the word Ghettooooo
what

New York, NY

#40 May 6, 2008
just curious not to bash were any of u live, but just want to know where u all think is the nicest place to live on LI?
ummyea

Warwick, NY

#41 May 6, 2008
i personally new james. he wasnt playing in the street. he went to go get a drink nd when he crossed it wuz a yellow light. the woman in the car sped up to make the light and she didnt she james. he flew up in the air almost hit the train tracks and landed on his head. he has a broken coller bone a cut liver nd he's in a medically induced coma rite now. he has to miss his 8th grade dance and his 8th grade graduation and his sister is going through torture. he's the sweetest kid u will ever meet and some of you were good enough to knoe him so stop trash talkin a kid tht u dont know, especially if you dont know the real story
Skeeves

White Plains, NY

#42 May 7, 2008
All you skells should stop hanging out and skateboarding under the tracks. You are not invisible.
sean bell

Freeport, NY

#44 May 7, 2008
Skeeves wrote:
All you skells should stop hanging out and skateboarding under the tracks. You are not invisible.
The big problem is Swindlehurst is loaded with Skells, Ghetto, White Trash, Wellfare, Section 8, Food Stamp wic mothers, illegal appartments, cars/ boat junk in the street and on lawns. Christmas lights and decorations still up on houses in May. That is Ghetto. Oh and cars parked the wrong was on streets.
sean bell

Freeport, NY

#45 May 7, 2008
OREO ICECREAM wrote:
Swindlehurst is the ghetto, defign ghetto: House with Christmas lights still up in MAY, Section 8 houses, illegal appartments all over swindlehurst, cars parked on front lawns,(( bergen point sewer treatment plant in Lindenhurst)) Boats parked in the street evey other house, and I mean junk boats... kids pulling motors out of cars in the street, cars up on jack stands.(( Swindlehurst is white ghetto trash ))
lol so true Oreo
bcag

Brooklyn, NY

#46 May 15, 2008
I have lived in the town of Lindenhurst all of my long life. The drivers are no different than that of other towns in the area, or the county at that. It is not a ghetto, although i will agree it is not the greatest town as far as housing and retail and society in general. The school district works just fine, many children pass the regents as well as many people drop out. Lindenhusrst is not amazing but it is also not the reason my youngest daughter's close friend got struck by a vehicle. The child, James, was riding across the intersection of Wellwood and Hoffman, and started crossing with his scooter while the light was still yellow. Unfortunately, the explorer did not have time to stop before hitting him. This tragic and life changinc incident culd have happened to anyone in anytown crossing any intersection. James is a sweet kid loved by many and i hope for the best outcome of his recovery. Many children all over the town and within the schools are praying for him and doing special things such as making cards and posters and sending flowers and signing clothing items, and if this were such a ghetto do you think kids would care enough about an injured child to do all of those things. God bless you James, and I apologize to those who have the wrong idea of Lindenhurst.

“Out of my cold dead hand's”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#47 May 18, 2008
bcag wrote:
I have lived in the town of Lindenhurst all of my long life. The drivers are no different than that of other towns in the area, or the county at that. It is not a ghetto, although i will agree it is not the greatest town as far as housing and retail and society in general. The school district works just fine, many children pass the regents as well as many people drop out. Lindenhusrst is not amazing but it is also not the reason my youngest daughter's close friend got struck by a vehicle. The child, James, was riding across the intersection of Wellwood and Hoffman, and started crossing with his scooter while the light was still yellow. Unfortunately, the explorer did not have time to stop before hitting him. This tragic and life changinc incident culd have happened to anyone in anytown crossing any intersection. James is a sweet kid loved by many and i hope for the best outcome of his recovery. Many children all over the town and within the schools are praying for him and doing special things such as making cards and posters and sending flowers and signing clothing items, and if this were such a ghetto do you think kids would care enough about an injured child to do all of those things. God bless you James, and I apologize to those who have the wrong idea of Lindenhurst.
I agree with you although I moved out in 98 to take care of my father and mother I do miss Lindenhurst. I lived there for 24 years and really miss Sea Haven that was less than a mile from my old house on Deauville Pkwy.
melissa

Huntington Station, NY

#48 May 18, 2008
i lived in lindenhurst all my life. the town is crazy. noone slows down even at the light or when people are crossing. i feel bad for the boy and his family and the parents need to take action against the person who hit there son. and that person was on the phone so what does that tell you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FHA Mortgage Focus Fuels Lend America's Rise (Jan '09) 4 hr BRIAN FRIED Inven... 835
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 8 hr Murph 2,107
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 10 hr Bruser 8,594
Help find someone who can castrate me. (Oct '16) Thu Cubtx 8
What happened to Copiague? Sep 20 EastDrive 1
Neighbors and dogs Sep 20 Brooklyn Grandma 1
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sep 20 Bruser 2,760

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages