LINDENHURST: Collision leaves boy, 14, in critical condition

Full story: Newsday 64
A 14-year-old boy was in critical condition yesterday after he was hit by a car in Lindenhurst while riding a kick scooter, Suffolk police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
joe

Deer Park, NY

#2 May 1, 2008
Yeah, like Bellmore and most have nassau doesnt have crack head motorists?

North lindenhurst has some section 8 houses, but this happened in the heart of the village. I was at the crime scene.

BTW how do you know the hit and run driver lived in lindenhurst and wasnt going home to nassau?

Its a real tragedy though.
Ron Zoni

Brooklyn, NY

#3 May 1, 2008
Stupid for riding a scooter on Wellwood avenue. That road is a disaster. With so many side streets and parks, this idiot chose that road at that time.
Stupid parents raise stupid children.
abc

Bronx, NY

#4 May 1, 2008
GEICO INSURANCE wrote:
Swindlehurst is a ghetto the crazy crack head drivers do not slow down in Swindlehurst. Boats parked illegally in street block views of the road, illegal unregistered cars all over. Illegal appartements, section 8 houses, wellfare depression. Lindehurst is the ghetto - no on respects there property or the road.
Wow, was this post a joke?
MOMZ

Piscataway, NJ

#5 May 1, 2008
Ron Zoni wrote:
Stupid for riding a scooter on Wellwood avenue. That road is a disaster. With so many side streets and parks, this idiot chose that road at that time.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!! You smug SOB! Instead of bashing Lindenhurst you should be more concerned about the child that was badly hurt. People like you need a lesson in humanity!
MOMZ

Piscataway, NJ

#6 May 1, 2008
GEICO INSURANCE wrote:
Swindlehurst is a ghetto the crazy crack head drivers do not slow down in Swindlehurst. Boats parked illegally in street block views of the road, illegal unregistered cars all over. Illegal appartements, section 8 houses, wellfare depression. Lindehurst is the ghetto - no on respects there property or the road.
Why don't you go back to school and learn how to spell before posting further comments.
Slappy White

Milford, CT

#7 May 1, 2008
MOMZ wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!! You smug SOB! Instead of bashing Lindenhurst you should be more concerned about the child that was badly hurt. People like you need a lesson in humanity!
Perhaps some of are tired of stupid kids doing stupid kids, and then everyone else expecting us to feel sorry for them.

You act like an idiot, you get what you get...and riding a kick scooter on Wellwood Avenue is pretty idiotic if you ask me (or anybody else who has driven down that road).

I am personally sick and tired of having to yield to your dumb kids. Teach your crotchdroppings how to behave like civilized human beings and perhaps I'll have more respect for them. Until then, let them keep killing themselves and each other...in the long run it will save innocent lives.
Slappy White

Milford, CT

#8 May 1, 2008
the first sentence should be:

Perhaps some of us are tired of stupid kids doing stupid things, and then everyone else expecting us to feel sorry for them.

I'm kinda tired.
GEICO INSURANCE

Baldwin, NY

#9 May 2, 2008
Slappy White wrote:
the first sentence should be:
Perhaps some of us are tired of stupid kids doing stupid things, and then everyone else expecting us to feel sorry for them.
I'm kinda tired.
I agree Slappy, plus Swindlehurst is the biggest ghetto, kids are out wondering the street on a school night with no shoes. Were are the parents. This is the type of town kids ride mini bikes all over, the ride go-carts over lawns, ATV fly down streets what do parents think is going to happen, plus most of swindlehurst residents are drung loosers.

“Hug Your Kids”

Since: Mar 08

Lindenhurst

#10 May 2, 2008
With Driving a Motor Vehicle, Drivers are responsible for what they do with that motor vehicle. Children and Seniors don't always pay attention to what they are doing, that is why vehicular accidents often happen with these two groups. Saying someone deserves to get hit by a car is just plain stupid, mean and downright discusting.

Obviously, whoever leaves a negative post about this poor child is not a very nice person, I have to ask you, was your father mean to you? Were you an abused child or do you just like saying stupid things to get a rise out of people?
Perhaps you should seek the help of a mental health doctor.
Bellmore Bimbo

AOL

#11 May 2, 2008
Awww... did you get dumped by a Lindenhurst girl and now all you do is whine and moan about Lindenhurst. I'm sure you can find a nice Bellmore bimbo to take the Lindy girl's place. Bellmore has a ton of deadbeats, just look around. Go south of Merrick Rd and you can find all those boats parked in the driveways and front lawns. Or maybe go over by Peapond and you will find a ton of undesireables just waiting for you to go get them. Damn, she must have been really good for you to come to this forum and post the same thing over and over again. Your hands.. I mean fingers have been busy!
damn illegals

Brooklyn, NY

#12 May 2, 2008
lindy123 wrote:
With Driving a Motor Vehicle, Drivers are responsible for what they do with that motor vehicle. Children and Seniors don't always pay attention to what they are doing, that is why vehicular accidents often happen with these two groups. Saying someone deserves to get hit by a car is just plain stupid, mean and downright discusting.
Obviously, whoever leaves a negative post about this poor child is not a very nice person, I have to ask you, was your father mean to you? Were you an abused child or do you just like saying stupid things to get a rise out of people?
Perhaps you should seek the help of a mental health doctor.
Roads are for cars and not scooters or pedestrians.
Children and seniors should be more careful and stay out of the way of cars. They canít stop on a dime.
If you put your hand on a hot stove you deserve to get burned. If you play in the road you deserve to get hit by a car.
I think itís funny that people can be so stupid.
Whoever speaks truthfully is much smarter than this stupid kid.
My father was never mean or abusive to me and taught me well. He also taught me not to play in the street if I wanted to live.
I speak the truth and those who get excited or upset are the morons that think everyone must look out for them.
Perhaps you need help after you acquire a brain that knows not to play in the street with cars and trucks.

Iíll bet that you tell your kids that cars have to look out for them.
If you think Iím going to slam on the brakes to stop for your stupid kid playing in the street, youíre nuts. I refuse to spill my coffee for an idiot.

“Hug Your Kids”

Since: Mar 08

Lindenhurst

#13 May 3, 2008
damn illegals wrote:
<quoted text>
Roads are for cars and not scooters or pedestrians.
Children and seniors should be more careful and stay out of the way of cars. They canít stop on a dime.
If you put your hand on a hot stove you deserve to get burned. If you play in the road you deserve to get hit by a car.
I think itís funny that people can be so stupid.
Whoever speaks truthfully is much smarter than this stupid kid.
My father was never mean or abusive to me and taught me well. He also taught me not to play in the street if I wanted to live.
I speak the truth and those who get excited or upset are the morons that think everyone must look out for them.
Perhaps you need help after you acquire a brain that knows not to play in the street with cars and trucks.
Iíll bet that you tell your kids that cars have to look out for them.
If you think Iím going to slam on the brakes to stop for your stupid kid playing in the street, youíre nuts. I refuse to spill my coffee for an idiot.
The real shame here is you think your Dad taught you well.I really think you should seek counseling. You have a lot of deep wounds that need healing. I'll bet when something happens to you you get mad at the other person, I'll bet it's never your fault! Denial may be your middle name.
Cursed Seed of Cain

Fredericksburg, VA

#14 May 3, 2008
I lived in both Lindenhurst AND Bellmore. I liked Lindy better.
paul

AOL

#15 May 3, 2008
Ron Zoni wrote:
Everything you ever post is mean spirited. heartless and sickening. Go back to the rock you crawled out from under again, and stay there once and for all. This is a l4 year old boy who was hit-tragic. I feel for him and his family. And you sicken me.
damn illegals

Brooklyn, NY

#16 May 3, 2008
lindy123 wrote:
<quoted text>
The real shame here is you think your Dad taught you well.I really think you should seek counseling. You have a lot of deep wounds that need healing. I'll bet when something happens to you you get mad at the other person, I'll bet it's never your fault! Denial may be your middle name.
I donít need counseling except for dealing with the idiots on the roads. Wellwood avenue is a mess during rush hour even with a car. The deep would I have is from the morons who think they can do anything when and where they please and think the world is looking out for them.
I did get mad at someone when he rode his bicycle off the sidewalk into the side of my car while stopped at a stop sign. I call him and idiot and I bet you think that was my fault.
If I do something that caused my own misfortune I blame myself. We all have ourselves to blame for our own self-induced problems. Those of us who are smart enough learn, the rest continue on in a fog. I own up to my own mistakes. Do you?
momof3

Rockville Centre, NY

#17 May 3, 2008
first off before you all run your mouth and trash Lindenhurst or this poor boy ,you should know the real story. This boy was not playing on wellwood avenue. Yes, he was on a scooter but he was trying to get help for someone else that was in trouble. He was not thinking, his reaction was to go get help and unfortunetly a terrible accident happened. He and his family,his friends and the poor women who was driving the car has to live with this for the rest of their lives. How about you all get a life and have some sympathy for a 14 year old boy and all involved who will most likely never be the same again. I hope your family never has to experience such tragedy and if you do you should remember all your cruel comments. really, what does Lindenhurst or section 8 houses have to do with this? all towns have their issues. A ghetto? have you been to queens lately? thats a ghetto. maybe the town should make sure these kids are not hanging out and innocent people would not get hurt. kids will be kids and their parents can not keep leashes on them. James was actually quite innocent in all this and was only trying to help another and if you choose to believe something else then shame on you. He is a sweet,funny 14 year old child and I will pray for him and his family everyday.
LINDY SUCKS

Whippany, NJ

#18 May 3, 2008
i hate lindenhurst..its the new ghetto!! its gross how kids hang out all over wellwood. but i really feel bad for the boy that got hit by the car. he didnt deserve it. but i HATE shittyhurst!!!!
what

New York, NY

#20 May 3, 2008
GEICO INSURANCE wrote:
where is there section 8 housing?
what

New York, NY

#21 May 3, 2008
joe wrote:
Yeah, like Bellmore and most have nassau doesnt have crack head motorists?
North lindenhurst has some section 8 houses, but this happened in the heart of the village. I was at the crime scene.
BTW how do you know the hit and run driver lived in lindenhurst and wasnt going home to nassau?
Its a real tragedy though.
where is this sec. 8 housing every 1 is talkin about?
Praying for your son

Peekskill, NY

#22 May 3, 2008
i am the mother of a 13 year old. my son has done his fair share of dumb things. thank God that thus far he hasn't been seriously hurt or killed. My heart goes out to the child and his family. I hope that he fully recovers and learns from this tragic accident. My husband and I set boundaries and limits, but the children are not always compliant. They would rather impress their peers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 13 hr Bruser 7,939
which auto repair shop to choose in Farmingdale... Fri Charlie 1
Arrest Report: DWI, Criminal Possession (Nov '11) Fri Ginger 16
Annymous Fri Anonymous 1
irish mob (Oct '13) Thu ClipperHatBoy 31
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
6 arrested after trio caught carrying safe in D... (May '09) Dec 9 StepPredator 31

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:56 am PST

ESPN 8:56AM
Sources: Ryan expects to be fired by Jets
NFL 9:05 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul: 'I think I'm worth a lot of money'
Bleacher Report 9:24 AM
Report: Jets HC Ryan 'Bracing for His Ouster'
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
RB Darkwa the Latest Giants Rookie to Shine