Suffolk police officer killed in car ...

Suffolk police officer killed in car collision

There are 336 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 22, 2009, titled Suffolk police officer killed in car collision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Police on Long Island say a Suffolk County police officer was killed in a car accident while responding to call in Commack .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

737Wife

Massapequa, NY

#27 Feb 22, 2009
Shlomo McGillicuddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just found out he was NOT wearing his seatbelt. Idiot!!
The car burst into flames! The seatbelt would only have kept him restrained longer. not saved him! Save your ridiculous comments for the cop killer. You know, the one who was DRUNK behind the wheel!
Steve

Stamford, CT

#28 Feb 22, 2009
Rest in Peace. God bless his family.
copper

Amityville, NY

#29 Feb 22, 2009
That's sad.
MontaukMary

Amityville, NY

#30 Feb 22, 2009
I am in Montauk.
MontaukMary

Amityville, NY

#31 Feb 22, 2009
anyone know what car # it was?
Run262

Queens Village, NY

#32 Feb 22, 2009
The Dogman wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP to the officer and his family, but the Sargeant above is correct...if the **** who drove drunk had smoked pot instead of whatever he drank, the cop would be alive...don't you get it?? no, you don't.
You guys are great for making up stuff. Ever hear of DWAI? That's driving while ability is impaired by drugs. If you think weed is a defense, try convincing a Suffolk County jury after getting arrested. Then pay a lawyer $15,000 just to take a case to trial.

Guilty until proven very guilty.

Is this the 3rd screen name you've used today? You in Hunt Sta Armory? They scrape the bottom of the barrell and permit felons in these days.
spanky

Cold Spring, NY

#33 Feb 22, 2009
Shlomo McGillicuddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just found out he was NOT wearing his seatbelt. Idiot!!
that helps when your stuck in a car that is engulfed, your an idiot show some respect. God will Judge you one day, are you ready!
barack attack

Great Neck, NY

#34 Feb 22, 2009
Sorry to here of this officers death.We all do not realize what danger an officer is in while driving to calls on their shifts.This person who caused this officer to get in this horrible accident should do community service for this officers family for the rest of his life after he or she does their time in jail.
amazed

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Feb 22, 2009
Run262 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are great for making up stuff. Ever hear of DWAI? That's driving while ability is impaired by drugs. If you think weed is a defense, try convincing a Suffolk County jury after getting arrested. Then pay a lawyer $15,000 just to take a case to trial.
Guilty until proven very guilty.
Is this the 3rd screen name you've used today? You in Hunt Sta Armory? They scrape the bottom of the barrell and permit felons in these days.
His next screen name should be something more fitting like the big puss see!!!
its all your fault

Lyndeborough, NH

#36 Feb 22, 2009
It's a shame when we live in a society where people use this forum for their nonsense. A Police Officer was killed for doing nothing more then driving on patrol keeping us safe. I dont care if it's plush suffolk county or st. louis, it's still a dangerous job and it can get you anytime anywhere. May the Officer rest in eternal peace. God needed another hero today.

krw

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#37 Feb 22, 2009
Run262 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how he pushes leaglaizing marijuana - if he retired from the Military he either smoked it while in the service (do I hear article 15 and a drug test)or started after he got out - and somehow on his military salary is able to buy a 5000 sq foot house. The taxes would be as much as his military pension. He is also such a good guy that he volunteers to help disabled american veterans, yet constantly makes comments aboout others on these forums - just do a Google search on his screen name.
Not happenin

Far Rockaway, NY

#38 Feb 22, 2009
barack attack wrote:
Sorry to here of this officers death.We all do not realize what danger an officer is in while driving to calls on their shifts.This person who caused this officer to get in this horrible accident should do community service for this officers family for the rest of his life after he or she does their time in jail.
Spota can't get a depraved indifference Murder 2nd Conviction. This turd will only do 3-8 for manslaughter at best.
Mexico in Huntington

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#39 Feb 22, 2009
Let's hope the drunk was an illegal, then maybe the kwaps buddies will open their eyes and do something about the problem on Depot Road. BTW, rumor has it that a certain former Staff Sergeant is staggering around wearing his ragged uniform peddling a cup full of pencils. He doesn't know that former servants of the Empire receive no sympathy. He reeks of weed and mumbles about the merits of hemp.
SC Parks truck

Brooklyn, NY

#40 Feb 22, 2009
amazed wrote:
<quoted text>His next screen name should be something more fitting like the big puss see!!!
amazed and run262 are the same person, now that is funny.
Falcon

New York, NY

#41 Feb 22, 2009
May God bless your family. I will keep you in my prayers as well as your family
liner

Bronx, NY

#42 Feb 22, 2009
You all KNOW there's going to be trolls on here. Why not just ignore them and they'll go away.

R.I.P. Officer. Blessings on your family.
barack attack

Great Neck, NY

#45 Feb 22, 2009
Not happenin wrote:
<quoted text>
Spota can't get a depraved indifference Murder 2nd Conviction. This turd will only do 3-8 for manslaughter at best.
What a shame this person who caused this should rot for at least 10-15 years first.As a retired civil servant from the city of n.y. I hope the P.B.A. and the Suffolk police dept.also you brother officers will take care of his family.May this officer rest in heaven now.
Maureen

West Babylon, NY

#46 Feb 22, 2009
737Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
The car burst into flames! The seatbelt would only have kept him restrained longer. not saved him! Save your ridiculous comments for the cop killer. You know, the one who was DRUNK behind the wheel!
1010wins is reporting that he was ejected from the car on impact and that he did not collide with a car driven by a drunk. he was responding as backup to a call for a possible dwi
gng

Bedminster, NJ

#47 Feb 22, 2009
RIP
so sad

Beacon, NY

#48 Feb 22, 2009
SSgt Anthony Billati wrote:
will we EVER take drunk driving seriously???
and BTW, legalize marijuana, you don't drive like this from pot!!
(and that is a fact, those of you who disagree, simply do not know the facts, only what you have been told.)
you ar a disgrace... i have smoked marijuana before when i was young and dumb and yes marijuana does alter your judgment to drive a vehicle and no matter what drug you are on legal or not you should not be operating a motor vehicle... don't be stupid or next time it might just be you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) 16 hr Nancy Weinstein 8
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Mon Bruser 8,605
Who would really wear a little 81 gay sex patch... (Feb '10) Oct 14 AFFA4EVER 30
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Oct 13 Bruser 2,778
News Conflict holds up tax breaks for $5M Bay Shore ... Oct 10 rehab land 1
News Phil Boyle drops out of Suffolk sheriff's race Oct 10 cesspool 1
News Closing of solar firm causes confusion for Long... Oct 8 Solarman 1

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages