Suffolk police officer killed in car collision

Full story: Newsday

Police on Long Island say a Suffolk County police officer was killed in a car accident while responding to call in Commack .

Comments (Page 17)

Showing posts 321 - 336 of336
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bill Ro

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

DukeNukem wrote:
<quoted text>
This story would be on the front page for a month if the races were reversed: a white DWI driver and a Hispanic cop.
OF COURSE!! Every single Friday/Saturday/Sunday there are MANY stabbings and shootings in Huntington Station, and VERY few incidents make the news...ever think why not?? Petrone and the supervisor's office are in on the cover-up as are the SCPD (sadly) and Huntington Hospital, where MS-13 shooting victims go to be treated for free... just ask any Huntington Hospital security guard, they'll get very nervous if they think this story will FINALLY be exposed....
212run

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

Massive cover-ups by governmental employees. Newsday is in it too. Maybe include the FBI and CIA. It started over the hamburger place on Pulaski Rd closing up.

I'm also in it. My life will be in danger if anymore is said. Get real my man.
DukeNukem

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

bill Ro wrote:
<quoted text>
OF COURSE!! Every single Friday/Saturday/Sunday there are MANY stabbings and shootings in Huntington Station, and VERY few incidents make the news...ever think why not?? Petrone and the supervisor's office are in on the cover-up as are the SCPD (sadly) and Huntington Hospital, where MS-13 shooting victims go to be treated for free... just ask any Huntington Hospital security guard, they'll get very nervous if they think this story will FINALLY be exposed....
"Huntington Hospital, where MS-13 shooting victims go to be treated for free..."
Although it's free to them; we taxpayers pay for their medical. We pay to fix them up so they can be sent back out on the streets.
212run

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

A new stabbing in Huntington Station just last night. New reports says the victim is on life support. Two illegals in custody.
SubContractor

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Judged:

Yummy...this story reminds me of roast pork spare ribs!!! I wonder if the Chinaman is open??
212run

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Judged:

Amother Hunt Sta - home of drugs, stabbings, and amigos/ Where a home costs 40K

“We need another Reagan!”

Since: Sep 07

Somewhere in Nassau County, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Judged:

SubContractor wrote:
Yummy...this story reminds me of roast pork spare ribs!!! I wonder if the Chinaman is open??
WHOA, it only took you two and a half weeks to come up with that brilliance. With that incredible intellect you should apply to Harvard!

But my guess is your an ignorant ass that won't get my sarcasm. So let me put it more plainly. You should rot in hell. Troll!
bias is showing

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Judged:

bill Ro wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops dont cover it up. They are not in charge of the media or even of their own press release's.
dog time

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Judged:

Really? Produce the letter. Post it for all to see it. Yeah, I know, it doesn't exist. That would be a violation of law and the DA would be all over it. No cop would slow down his responce time because of a contract. You may want to think that but would never happen. Have proof before you go shooting of your mouth. Juat saying something exists does not make it so.
scamsabound wrote:
Suffolk life had an article that showed a memo from SCPBA UNION HEADS telling police officers to slow down response time and let the public know they are in danger from their last contract talks.There needs to be directives and procedures for responding to non emergency scenes.The PBA heads care very little about the public's safety when it comes to their salary.
DukeNukem

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

dog time wrote:
Really? Produce the letter. Post it for all to see it. Yeah, I know, it doesn't exist. That would be a violation of law and the DA would be all over it. No cop would slow down his responce time because of a contract. You may want to think that but would never happen. Have proof before you go shooting of your mouth. Juat saying something exists does not make it so. <quoted text>
I heard that happened in Nassau a couple of years ago. The officers were told by Gary DelaRaba only to respond to 911 calls and not to patrol. This was to intentionally raise the crime rate to scare the public and convince them that the police union needs more of the taxpayers' money to fight crime.
The Dogman

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

bias is showing wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops dont cover it up. They are not in charge of the media or even of their own press release's.
I have personal experience that the 2nd pct of the SCPD has some officers, some, not all, who are not as concerned as they should be about the situation that is exploding currently in Huntington Station. That includes dispatch, and the order comes from someplace, but part of it is ignorance. The denial of MS13 and other gang activity within blocks of the LIRR station in Huntington is mind boggling. For you to say that cops don't cover-up is ludicrous and naive. Some, not all.

BTW, Petrone and Cuthbertson have discussed various ways to cover-up and squelch the ever-increasing incidents of violence in Huntington because it is bad for business, and they want to stay in power.
The Dogman

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

When I said Petrone and Cuthbertson want to squelch the violence, what I meant was they wanted to squelch the REPORTING of these incidents.

long day at work!
Speak English

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

212run wrote:
Massive cover-ups by governmental employees. Newsday is in it too. Maybe include the FBI and CIA. It started over the hamburger place on Pulaski Rd closing up.
I'm also in it. My life will be in danger if anymore is said. Get real my man.
If you only knew. But, you don't, and you never will.

You don't have the capacity to understand. You're better off.

“We need another Reagan!”

Since: Sep 07

Somewhere in Nassau County, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

DukeNukem wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that happened in Nassau a couple of years ago. The officers were told by Gary DelaRaba only to respond to 911 calls and not to patrol. This was to intentionally raise the crime rate to scare the public and convince them that the police union needs more of the taxpayers' money to fight crime.
You heard wrong!!! That would be a violation of the Taylor Law. We as public servants are not allowed to participate in a job action which that certainly would have been. If anyone has EVER told the patrol force not to patrol as much it has been the COUNTY to try and save gas.
RDL

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2011

Timmy O Toole wrote:
<quoted text>
mouthwash is a drug
Yep. It is. I've drank mouthwash as a means of getting drunk. It tastes awful, and it works.

But you know what it also does? It damages your digestive system. You get really bad diarrhea.

Then, after the drunk feeling wears off, you feel hungover. You feel like you wanna vomit.

Then, after the hangover wears off, you start to go through withdrawals. Shaking, nausea, vomiting, feeling irritable, lashing out at others. This lasts about a week or two. You might even find you do something out of anger that gets you in trouble with your employer, your significant other, or the law.

So, if anyone here is thinking of drinking mouthwash to get drunk, ask yourself. Is one morning, afternoon, or evening of fun really worth all of the pain and suffering that lies ahead?
Sal

Ridge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Sad but true another man in blue died. Pray for him and his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 321 - 336 of336
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••