Melville man killed in motorcycle cra...

Melville man killed in motorcycle crash -

There are 127 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 21, 2007, titled Melville man killed in motorcycle crash -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Melville man was fatally injured when his motorcycle struck a guardrail on the Long Island Expressway service road Monday night, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Rust E Trombone

Jamaica, NY

#1 Aug 21, 2007
Another idiot on a motorcycle eats it. Just glad he only killed himself and not an innocent bystander.
Organ Collector

Massapequa, NY

#2 Aug 21, 2007
Another organ donor has just been added to the market. I don't know why people ride motorcycles on Long Island. The roads are not designed for it and the high density of people who don't know how to drive to begin with crowd the roads making it extremely hazardous for these people to begin with. And these bike riders weave in and out and in between cars. With the rain and all, this guy deserved it...sealed his fate all by himself.
Vroom Vroom

King Of Prussia, PA

#3 Aug 21, 2007
"A wet roadway and high speed may have been factors in the crash, the police said."

That's it, go faster & faster on your motorcycle, you're perfectly safe and immortal. Dumbass. One less two-wheeled idiot I have to look out for driving between lanes in traffic.
Natale

Riverhead, NY

#4 Aug 21, 2007
Who in their right mind would be on a bike today. It's been raining all night, the roads are slick with oil.
paul

Elizabeth, NJ

#5 Aug 21, 2007
Here we go again, "police speculate that high speed was a factor". How the hell do they know that? And who gives them the right to make prejducial public statements like that? Ever notice when a police motorcycle is involved in an incident, as they sometimes are, you will never hear that famous "high rate of speed bull" or anything suggesting that the rider was a factor in the accident? Look, all you police reporters, stop the speculation, and give us the accurate facts.!
Pete

Highland, NY

#6 Aug 21, 2007
AS I have been saying Ballet instead of Bikes.
paul

Elizabeth, NJ

#7 Aug 21, 2007
Organ Collector wrote:
Another organ donor has just been added to the market. I don't know why people ride motorcycles on Long Island. The roads are not designed for it and the high density of people who don't know how to drive to begin with crowd the roads making it extremely hazardous for these people to begin with. And these bike riders weave in and out and in between cars. With the rain and all, this guy deserved it...sealed his fate all by himself.
Thanks for your stupid and cruel comments, you sound like a real S.O.B.! For your information, I have been riding since age 19,after being discharged from the army in 1967. Notice that I'm still here in good health and presently riding a heavyweight full dresser, saving fuel at 40 mpg and enjoying myself like you never have. I would encourage you to take a riding course and join us, but suspect that not everyone has the cordination and reflexes to ride a single track vehicle. I strongly suspect you are one of those people.
Shadow Rider

Newington, CT

#8 Aug 21, 2007
Ahh, gotta love the ignorant people that have never riden a motorcycle before. I agree with Paul from Port Jeff, the police do not have an accurate account of what happened, but obviously if you are riding a motorcycle and crash, you must be going fast. Not like a car doesn't go fast. Hmm, I love it when a drunk driver rams head long into another car. That way I can say, "Another idiot on 4 wheels thinking he's/she's immortal and can't be hurt because they are in a box and drunk. They deserve to die and the people they hit deserve to die as well because they shouldn't be on the road knowing that there are drunk drivers that weave in and out of traffic, cross the divider for the HOV lane, cut off people left and right because they just have to get somewhere faster then everyone else."

You guys seriously amuse me with your blatent disrespect for motorcycle riders. You group us all into one catagory and say that all of us are idiots because of other stupid riders that shouldn't be on bikes. Oh, and for Natale, who seems to think that motorcycles should only be ridden in the hot summer sun and not on any other day, bikes are for go, not show. It's a form of transportation that if riden properly, it will get you anywhere you want to go. In WW2 they were highly used in all terrains.

Organ Collector, why should I as a motorcycle rider stop riding because of the high density of people that drive in cars? We have every right to be on the road as everyone else in vehicles with more then 2 wheels. And how much do you pay for gas in your car? 30? 40? to fill it up? I pay max 12 bucks to fill my tank up.

Seriously people, there are those out there that ride because it's a form of transportation, great on gas, low maintenance, and the shear enjoyment of the ride. Do not stereotype us all into one group just because there are those that ride outrageously dangerous. I rode to work this morning and I saw 3 cars that only had the driver in it, cross over the HOV lane illegaly, just because some cars were actually doing the speed limit due to the rain. I guess they had somewhere to go real fast? Enough said.
Buffalino

Hicksville, NY

#9 Aug 21, 2007
How is the motorcycle doing? I hope the next of kin have to notified to pick up the pieces. Mikey did a lot damage to that fine upstanding mode of transportation. I hope he pays for it with his life.
Shadow Rider

Newington, CT

#10 Aug 21, 2007
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/nassau/ny-l...

Ok you motorcycle haters, go to this story and start posting your ignorant comments now!!!! This story proves my point. Gee, a Jaguar weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed? That's just unheard of!!!! Only motorcycles do that!!!!!!
Not From Madison

United States

#12 Aug 21, 2007
Shadow Rider wrote:
Ahh, gotta love the ignorant people that have never riden a motorcycle before. I agree with Paul from Port Jeff, the police do not have an accurate account of what happened, but obviously if you are riding a motorcycle and crash, you must be going fast. Not like a car doesn't go fast. Hmm, I love it when a drunk driver rams head long into another car. That way I can say, "Another idiot on 4 wheels thinking he's/she's immortal and can't be hurt because they are in a box and drunk. They deserve to die and the people they hit deserve to die as well because they shouldn't be on the road knowing that there are drunk drivers that weave in and out of traffic, cross the divider for the HOV lane, cut off people left and right because they just have to get somewhere faster then everyone else."
You guys seriously amuse me with your blatent disrespect for motorcycle riders. You group us all into one catagory and say that all of us are idiots because of other stupid riders that shouldn't be on bikes. Oh, and for Natale, who seems to think that motorcycles should only be ridden in the hot summer sun and not on any other day, bikes are for go, not show. It's a form of transportation that if riden properly, it will get you anywhere you want to go. In WW2 they were highly used in all terrains.
Organ Collector, why should I as a motorcycle rider stop riding because of the high density of people that drive in cars? We have every right to be on the road as everyone else in vehicles with more then 2 wheels. And how much do you pay for gas in your car? 30? 40? to fill it up? I pay max 12 bucks to fill my tank up.
Seriously people, there are those out there that ride because it's a form of transportation, great on gas, low maintenance, and the shear enjoyment of the ride. Do not stereotype us all into one group just because there are those that ride outrageously dangerous. I rode to work this morning and I saw 3 cars that only had the driver in it, cross over the HOV lane illegaly, just because some cars were actually doing the speed limit due to the rain. I guess they had somewhere to go real fast? Enough said.
Instead of writing all that you could of just wrote im a guy who rides motorcycles cause im to cheap to pay more than 15 dollars in gas. Then you could of said, I'm a moron cause i ride my bike in the rain.
songbird

Livingston, NJ

#13 Aug 21, 2007
when I'm right, I'm right.

Yesterday these same losers were making nasty racist remarks about the guy from Wyandanch who drove drunk and had an accident on the Southern State (He's accused of a crime, and should be prosecuted, but the racist remakrs and nasty comments about the two kids in the back seat...I roll my eyes when I read their garbage). Everyone is an idiot except them, right? No empathy, no compassion, no humanity.

Lord help us if any of them ever have an accident or does something stupid. Or has a family member who

As a rule I'm not fond of motorcylces, I won't ride one, I think they're too dangerous. But I can see the allure for those who drive them.
Malcolm Xcrement

Cave City, KY

#14 Aug 21, 2007
Shadow Rider wrote:
Ahh, gotta love the ignorant people that have never riden a motorcycle before.
Well I've ridden a motorcicle...and it's a darn great way to travel...but it's not worth risking serious injury or death for. Face it, to ride where you have to compete with cars and trucks and idiots....is just suicidal.(I had a nephew who didn't take my advice and is now D-E-D dead)

I wouldn't even drive a small car! I want at least 4000 lbs. of armor around me!
Shadow Rider

Newington, CT

#15 Aug 21, 2007
Not From Madison wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of writing all that you could of just wrote im a guy who rides motorcycles cause im to cheap to pay more than 15 dollars in gas. Then you could of said, I'm a moron cause i ride my bike in the rain.
Ha ha ha ha!!! Man that was just such a knee slapper!!! You call me a moron and cheap? With the gas prices these days, everyone is complaining about paying too much. I don't complain at all. I'm loving it!!! I ride in the rain because I CAN!!! Don't come to a war of words with no ammunition, you will lose horibly.
Observer

Pleasanton, CA

#16 Aug 21, 2007
"A wet roadway and high speed may have been factors in the crash, the police said."

MAY have been factors? Gee, d'ya think?
thogy

Kearny, NJ

#17 Aug 21, 2007
hmm, eventually all these motorcycle drivers will be extinct, as there is a finite number of motorcycle drivers on LI, isn't there?
By my figures there at least 2-3 deaths a week, countless injuries, so the pool of morons that drive these things has to decrease, no?
Or are teenages dumb enough with all the carnage around them to think they will not get killed riding these death machines and they fill the void left by the deceased?
Don't bother to reply, I know the answer.
Holtsville Jim

Coram, NY

#18 Aug 21, 2007
One less reckless speed demon to swerve around me in traffic. The roads just got a little safer for the sane drivers.....
Jimmy

United States

#19 Aug 21, 2007
Pete wrote:
AS I have been saying Ballet instead of Bikes.
No this is not "here we go again"...I saw the guy who clocked the tree on Split Rock Rd on Sunday. The road was dry and was in the middle of an "S" curve and he was with 4-5 other bikers....Like I said, I did not see the accident but I saw the guy (nearly dead) and the bike....Trust me....he was not doing the speed limit! When are you guys on those "racing type bikes" going to wake up?....your friend is still in critical condition!!
Loving Mother

Amityville, NY

#20 Aug 21, 2007
If he was riding one of those crotch rockets, then his death was impending. I understand people enjoy riding motorcycles and more power to them. However, when they come whizzing past me on the Southern State, Northern State, LIE, Ocean Parkway, and everywhere else, that pisses me off. I want to play door hockey with them.

I agree that their are respectful bikers out there, but there are some that are just plain stupid and death is only a ride away!
Aunty Mimi

AOL

#21 Aug 21, 2007
People who ride motorcycles like to go vroom-vroom. That's all there is to it. It's a 3 year old's mentality. We have some motorcycle riders around where I live and the only thing they are on their bikes is disruptive. They destroy the peace and relative quiet that a lot of us loved about the place, with their moronic vroom-vrooming. They speed.... all of them. They speed down the country roads out here making as much noise as an aircraft taking off. They destroy the peace, they frighten animals, they scare the crap out of motorists by suddenly coming out of nowhere and passing them on the right side. They are a menace, plain and simple. When one of them dies, it's just Darwinism. You shouldn't have a three year old's mentality when you are older than 21. it's dangerous. If you can' figure that out, then it's time to fully devolve.

Buh bye, biker fellas. Hope they give you a vroom-vroom send off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paula s gilbert lmhc (Feb '17) 5 hr New 2
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Mon Bruser 2,799
News Peter King calls Michael Jackson 'child molester' (Jul '09) Mon roymoores tightie... 7,362
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Nov 19 Bruser 8,618
Why do people like Bayville? (Jun '08) Nov 14 Big trin 24
News Iraq veteran says fall in LIRR gap ruined his h... (May '08) Nov 10 Colluu 90
dr. g p furman Nov 9 EHernigleIII 2

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages