Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.
Comments
7,641 - 7,660 of 7,866 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago
Itchy Watch

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

You're repeating yourself, Itchy. You're posting the same nonsense over and over. Seems like you're losing touch, Itchy. You really should get some help. A mind is a terrible thing to waste!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Itchy Watch wrote:
You're repeating yourself, Itchy. You're posting the same nonsense over and over. Seems like you're losing touch, Itchy. You really should get some help. A mind is a terrible thing to waste!
My next post typifies Anthony(Itchy Watch).
bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Itchy Watch wrote:
(Itchy Watch)= I am a Catholic and an Eucharistic Minister, but I will not abide by what the Catholic church teaches, nor what the Pope says, after all who is he to tell a Woman what to do with her body like Abortion?
Really "Itchy Watch"? Then you are not a Catholic if you do not follow the Catholic Catechism, nor the decree's of the Church and the Pope.
(Itchy Watch)= running around the Altar, patting the Msgr saying mass, on the back.
Really "Itchy Watch"?, is this a foot ball game? and not Jesus sacrificing himself again on the Altar?
What is so different about "Itchy Watch's" actions than those of the Protestants? Did you, Our Lady of Lourdes parishoners wonder why there is no crucifix on the Altar, as it had been for over 35 years, and still is practiced in most Catholic church Masses?
The Apostasy spoken of by our Blessed Mother Mary, and warned about in her appearances at Fatima, and Akita Japan, spoke of people like "Itchy Watch", and he is an Eurcharistic Minister????
That has been confirmed by many posters here!
Do you parishioners go to mass to see him running around the Altar
like a child, or to celebrate the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ?
It appears that the USCCB is giving in to the quasy Protestant parishioners in the Catholic Church. The results of which is someone like "Itchy Watch". Not really a believer in the Catholic Church or the Catholic Catechism, nor willing to leave the Catholic church and worship in the many PROTESTERS, of the Catholic church, The protestants, henceforth their name= Protestants,= protesters of the Catholic Church.
You are in the wrong church "Itchy Watch"! Now go back to your Painting of the Pastors House out east.
bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

(Itchy Watch)= I am a Catholic and an Eucharistic Minister, but I will not abide by what the Catholic church teaches, nor what the Pope says, after all who is he to tell a Woman what to do with her body like Abortion?

Really "Itchy Watch"? Then you are not a Catholic if you do not follow the Catholic Catechism, nor the decree's of the Church and the Pope.
(Itchy Watch)= running around the Altar, patting the Msgr saying mass, on the back.

Really "Itchy Watch"?, is this a foot ball game? and not Jesus sacrificing himself again on the Altar?

What is so different about "Itchy Watch's" actions than those of the Protestants? Did you, Our Lady of Lourdes parishoners wonder why there is no crucifix on the Altar, as it had been for over 35 years, and still is practiced in most Catholic church Masses?
The Apostasy spoken of by our Blessed Mother Mary, and warned about in her appearances at Fatima, and Akita Japan, spoke of people like "Itchy Watch", and he is an Eurcharistic Minister????

like a child, or to celebrate the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ?
It appears that the USCCB is giving in to the quasy Protestant parishioners in the Catholic Church. The results of which is someone like "Itchy Watch". Not really a believer in the Catholic Church or the Catholic Catechism, nor willing to leave the Catholic church and worship in the many PROTESTERS, of the Catholic church, The protestants, henceforth their name= Protestants,= protesters of the Catholic Church.

You are in the wrong church "Itchy Watch"! Now go back to your Painting of the Pastors House out east.
bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
My next post typifies Anthony(Itchy Watch).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

You are truly pathetic Anthony. Don't you realize that everyone see's right through you? Like this post,and yet we are all praying for you:

WestHempsteadGal

Inwood, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Bruser wrote:
Anthony you have so many good people praying for you, and rooting for you. Do you realize what you are becoming? You must ask our Lord for his healing mercy. It will not be easy, and you must desire it, as we all have.
O St. Paul, the Apostle , preacher of truth and Doctor of the
Gentiles, intercede for us to GOD who chose you, for this healing of our brother Anthony. You are a vessel of election O Saint Paul the Apostle, Preacher of truth to the whole world.
O GOD, you have instructed many nations through the preaching of the blessed Apostle Paul. Let the power of his intercession with you help us who venerate his memory this day aid us in the healing of Anthony our brother in Christ who has lost his way.
Amen

Anthony does have a lot of good people praying for him. Especially after Toni Pom Pom asked people in her Anthony the EM Prayer Group on her Facebook to post that link on their own Facebook wall. The number of people who have joined the Anthony the EM Prayer Group continues to increase. It's amazing. It's up to Anthony to see the truth and to look towards doing what is right, and not to act like an adolescent but to behave like a decent Catholic man, husband, and father especially for his wife and daughters. And Msgr. Jim keeping up the "I'm 59" pretense is a little silly. Especially for those of us who grew up with him.

Your posts are tiresome, and inane Anthony, try praying to have your eyes, and heart open to Jesus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Here's another goodie about Anthony("Itchy Watch")

WestHempsteadGal

Inwood, NY

Feb 3, 2013

Someone sent Toni Pom Pom Anthony's latest comments on this blog and she posted them on her Anthony the EM Prayer Group page saying "Our Work is Not Done! Keep Praying for Anthony and His Family!" The hundreds of people who posted the Anthony the EM Prayer Group page on their Facebook will also likely post his remarks and Toni Pom Pom's on their Facebook. He's still in a very dark place, full of rage, cursing, and promoting NARAL? But then he'll get up on the altar in his white robe handing out the Eucharist to people?? And continues to inappropriately run after Msgr. Jim? Because he really believes that Msgr. Jim thinks of him as a buddy, a friend! And we certainly know that's not the case. Still praying for Anthony the EM.

Anthony's reply:

Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Feb 3, 2013

You know, Princess, you've gone from being a naive, but stupid, observer in this forum, to a full-fledged member of the A***ole Club. Congratulations!

Nice Catholic response Anthony(AKA "Itchy Watch")

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Toni Pom Pom

Deerfield, IL

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>y
I think Anthony the EM should have a heart to heart talk with his "buddy" and let him know how he agrees with Neuhaus, Caroline Kennedy, NARAL and a woman's right to kill her unborn child. He's the kind of Catholic man you want as an EM. But Anthony the EM must be sad over not seeing his "buddy" last weekend since Msgr. Jim was away. I'm sure he'll haunt him to try to get a little Jimmy time. What Msgr. Jim has to put up with is amazing!

It is very disturbing to hear of Anthony's support of misguided Catholics who profess abortion as some kind of civil right. I have posted this on the Facebook page dedicated to Anthony the EM of our lady of Lourdes in massapequa park. We literally have over 1,800 friends praying for Anthony as well as his wife Jacqueline and the daughters.

WHG-- have additional information concerning OLL and the pending changes as per our conversation of last week. Please tell Frank I received his information and working on writing it up for J.L.

I guess Toni Pom-Pom's writing it up may be the reason Anthony was put into hiding out East?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Gay Rage:

Poor Nun's, or False Nun's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Lavender Hill Priest:

More Homosexuals than Catholics? NOT!:

The Fish stinks from the head down:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

kneel before GOD:

Pope Francis rejects receiving communion in the hand:

Want to be a better Catholic, receive communion kneeling and on the tongue.

Communion on the tongue is an Apostolic Tradition:
by St Sixtus ,year circa 115

St. Basil the Great, doctor of the Church, circa
330-379

The Council of Saragossa, circa 380

The Synod of Rouen,circa 650

The 6th Ecumenical Council at Constantinople,
circa 680-681

St Thomas Aquinas, circa 1225-1274

The Council of Trent, circa 1545-1565

Pope Paul VI, Circa 1963-1978

Pope John Paul II, circa 1978-2005

Now you know why everyone should receive communion on their knee's and on their Tongues, not in their hand. And do not buy into the reasoning by some parishes and Bishops that it is expedient to receive standing in their hands.
If this were the case, then there would be no need to have Eucharistic Ministers, that anyone could distribute communion. How would you like to receive communion by someone who is committing adultery,who has not confessed their mortal sins.
And yet like stupid sheep, who do not know their religion, they accept what the Council of Saragossa in the year 380, to be an excommunication offense.
And yet every Sunday I see them with dirty hands, receive our Lord Jesus, in their uncleaned hands.
Wake up, lest you will lose our protection from GOD by committing this sacrilege.
Doubt what I say, do your own research and keep yourself from further committing this sacrilege .
Dominus Vobiscum
Sam

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Well. If you ask me, our Healthcare system is already screwed up!!!. So you rotten, a**hole Republicans stop complaining!!!. And, why are you all scared?. Afraid Obamacare will work. Afraid scary cats!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Sam wrote:
Well. If you ask me, our Healthcare system is already screwed up!!!. So you rotten, a**hole Republicans stop complaining!!!. And, why are you all scared?. Afraid Obamacare will work. Afraid scary cats!!!
Wow, are you ever lost. Are you a believer of Jesus? This site is pertaining to Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic Church. Our pastor Msgr Lisante is a backer of Obama-care. Why are you posting here????
Go back to your Healthcare site, your post has nothing whatsoever to do with Our Lady of Lourdes RC Church Parish.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Today bring to Me the Meek and Humble Souls and the Souls of Little Children,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who will keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence.

Most Merciful Jesus, You yourself have said, "Learn from Me for I am meek and humble of heart." Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart all meek and humble souls and the souls of little children. These souls send all heaven into ecstasy and they are the heavenly Father's favorites. They are a sweet-smelling bouquet before the throne of God; God Himself takes delight in their fragrance. These souls have a permanent abode in Your Most Compassionate Heart, O Jesus, and they unceasingly sing out a hymn of love and mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon meek souls, upon humble souls, and upon little children who are enfolded in the abode which is the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls bear the closest resemblance to Your Son. Their fragrance rises from the earth and reaches Your very throne. Father of mercy and of all goodness, I beg You by the love You bear these souls and by the delight You take in them: Bless the whole world, that all souls together may sing out the praises of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.
Eye in the sky

Long Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

It must be crowded in that closet for Anthony and his spiritual leader.
prophet tb joshua

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

The lords power is beyond your imagination. he could make the impossible possible regardless of your condition be it chronic diseases and infection,disabilities, financial difficulties, broken homes what ever the condition the lord is always there for us..call upon the lord and you shall be answered... contact Prophet Tb joshua for prayers, counselling and miracles.. we are
servants of the lord and general overseer of synagogue church of all nation..get to us and the lord shall answer your prayer...

Send us your most important desire and we shall work with the lord in your
favor. When filling out the online order form, be sure to tell Prophet Tb joshua
what you want!

Name:.........
Home Address:.........
City:.........
Problem:.........
Sex:.........
Phone Number:.........
you can still contact us via this number(+2348138215138)
Contact us now via e-synagoguechurchafrica@gmail. com
bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

prophet tb joshua wrote:
The lords power is beyond your imagination. he could make the impossible possible regardless of your condition be it chronic diseases and infection,disabilities, financial difficulties, broken homes what ever the condition the lord is always there for us..call upon the lord and you shall be answered... contact Prophet Tb joshua for prayers, counselling and miracles.. we are
servants of the lord and general overseer of synagogue church of all nation..get to us and the lord shall answer your prayer...
Send us your most important desire and we shall work with the lord in your
favor. When filling out the online order form, be sure to tell Prophet Tb joshua
what you want!
Name:.........
Home Address:.........
City:.........
Problem:.........
Sex:.........
Phone Number:.........
you can still contact us via this number(+2348138215138)
Contact us now via e-synagoguechurchafrica@gmail. com
Begone false religious Prophet, this is a Catholic website. Take your heretic and Pagan teachings elsewhere.
Dominus Vobiscum
bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Today bring to Me all Devout and Faithful Souls,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were a drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness."

Most Merciful Jesus, from the treasury of Your mercy, You impart Your graces in great abundance to each and all. Receive us into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart and never let us escape from It. We beg this grace of You by that most wondrous love for the heavenly Father with which Your Heart burns so fiercely.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon faithful souls, as upon the inheritance of Your Son. For the sake of sorrowful Passion, grant them Your blessing and surround them with Your constant protection. Thus may they never fail in love or lose the treasure of the holy faith, but rather, with all the hosts of Angels and Saints, may they glorify Your boundless mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Dear Lord, we ask you to heal Frank's brother, and restore him to good health.

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, friend of Jesus, I place Frank's Brother in your care at this difficult time.
Pray for him, help him know that he need not face his troubles alone. Please join him in his need, asking GOD to send him consolation in his sorrow, courage in his fear, and healing in the midst of his suffering. Ask our Loving GOD to fill him with the grace to accept whatever may lie ahead for him, and his loved ones, and to strengthen his faith in GOD's healing power. Thank you St. Jude, for the promise of hope you hold out to all who believe, and inspire him to give this gift of hope to others as it has been given to him.
Amen

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Some Southeast Texas Catholics go back to Latin Mass

There is a movement among conservative Catholics worldwide to revert to the Latin Mass. It's a move that is happening right here in Southeast Texas.

Parishioners at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Vidor are going back to the beginning. They are going back to Catholicism roots which originated in the 16th century. From 1570 to 1962, the traditional mass, also known as the Latin Mass, was commonly celebrated around the world. In 1970 Pope Paul the 6th revised the tridentine mass and ordered that masses world- wide should be said in vernacular, the language of the country.

Latin speaking masses dwindled and countries began worshiping in their native tongue.

Then in 2007, Pope Benedict the 16th sent a letter to bishops around the world allowing them to make the old new again. At that time, Bishop Curtis Guillory appointed one church in the Diocese of Beaumont to perform this Latin Mass. At Our Lady of Lourdes in Vidor, Father Paul Sumler offers Latin prayers to the old and the young.

Women at the church wear veils. It was required in the past and although it's no longer required, many women prefer the traditional attire.
(God bless them)

Priest facing the front in what's called an ordinary mass, priests face the people. But in an "Extra-ordinary Mass" - The Latin Mass - priests face the same direction as the people.
(Showing that he is celebrating the mass with the parishioners, and leading them in celebration)

While receiving the body and blood of Christ, parishioners kneel.(which shows reverence to the Body, Blood, Soul, and divinity of Jesus)

The Church says the younger generation is attracted to the newer way of worship.

To be clear, Pope Francis has never made a direct public statement about the use of Latin, so officially the church stands behind Pope Benedict's 2007 standards.(which stated that any parish that has a group of faithful worshipers that want the Latin mass, do not have to receive the sanction of the Bishop or the Pastor, as long as they have a priest knowledgeable to say the Latin mass)

There are an estimated 80.000 registered Catholics in the diocese of Beaumont.

(And here we have a Bishop, and a Pastor, that had suspended the Latin Mass, and though it was announced around Easter that the Latin Mass would be resuming, the following week they cancelled it. I guess the Pope is not the leader of the Catholic church anymore!)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

I have wondered many times, how many souls have been brought to salvation through former Pastor Robert Mason? Not tickling your ears with soft approach to your sins, but making a true evaluation of ones actions leading to sins, and damnation. Oh excuse me, I guess my thoughts are very radical, in that I want to know if what I am feeling, and doing, is in accord with Almighty GOD. Do I really believe that Jesus is present on the Altar? Is the host really his Body, and the Wine his Blood? From what I have observed at the goings on with many other masses, it appears that most people believe (as do the Protestants ) that it is just and observation that they are going through, and a ritual, rather than the Bread and the wine is being transubstantiated into the Body, Blood, Soul , and Divinity, of Jesus Christ. The Liberal ideas that have been implanted since Vatican Council II are evident at each mass, simply look at the altar, and you will see that the Crucifix is not present on the altar at most parishes.
Realize it well, that no other Christian priest or Pastor has authority to perform this miracle but catholic priests and clergy. It took me 5-6 years to realize this as I was running around as a Protestant, and yet, during that time, I became a Bible reader, reading finally the whole Bible from the Old Testament, to the New, which brought me back to the Catholic Church, and true realization by the wonderful Pastor, Robert Mason. Try this wonderful experience for yourself, by going to Confession with him. You will have to wait a while, as his confessional line is fairly long.
I wonder why that is????Hmmmm. Do people feel that they are threatened? NO! As he is a humble a priest as you will find, yet he will tell you the truth, where other priests will whitewash your sins. Why do you go to confession then? To have your mind put at ease by having it whitewashed, only to find when the time comes, that you have been misled, and you have been put on the road to damnation and hell? If you truely believe in Jesus, then you know he had said,“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
Which road and gate do you want to know about?
Robert Mason to my knowledge is still saying masses at Our Lady of Lourdes Massapequa Park ny.
You would do well to try the sermons by Fr Mason.
My soul had rejoiced since first I had listened to him, and from what I have heard, his message has not changed at all.
Dominus Vobiscum

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 13 hr Sam bee 1,595
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 14 hr Bruser 2,283
Review: Secrets Secrets (Jul '13) 16 hr incognito 18
George Martin's Grillfire opens Monday in Syosset 17 hr Neil Farbstein 1
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) 21 hr Stan 51
Speed cameras begin operation in Nassau school ... 23 hr Dale Earnhardt 2
North Babylon fire Department (Jun '06) Aug 19 Max 10

Search the Melville Forum:
•••

Melville News Video