Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday 7,937
For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish. Full Story

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9144 Aug 8, 2013
Today bring to Me the Souls who especially venerate and glorify My Mercy*,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls sorrowed most over my Passion and entered most deeply into My spirit. They are living images of My Compassionate Heart. These souls will shine with a special brightness in the next life. Not one of them will go into the fire of hell. I shall particularly defend each one of them at the hour of death.

Most Merciful Jesus, whose Heart is Love Itself, receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who particularly extol and venerate the greatness of Your mercy. These souls are mighty with the very power of God Himself. In the midst of all afflictions and adversities they go forward, confident of Your mercy; and united to You, O Jesus, they carry all mankind on their shoulders. These souls will not be judged severely, but Your mercy will embrace them as they depart from this life.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls who glorify and venerate Your greatest attribute, that of Your fathomless mercy, and who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls are a living Gospel; their hands are full of deeds of mercy, and their hearts, overflowing with joy, sing a canticle of mercy to You, O Most High! I beg You O God:

Show them Your mercy according to the hope and trust they have placed in You. Let there be accomplished in them the promise of Jesus, who said to them that during their life, but especially at the hour of death, the souls who will venerate this fathomless mercy of His, He, Himself, will defend as His glory. Amen.

*The text leads one to conclude that in the first prayer directed to Jesus, Who is the Redeemer, it is "victim" souls and contemplatives that are being prayed for; those persons, that is, that voluntarily offered themselves to God for the salvation of their neighbor (see Col 1:24; 2 Cor 4:12). This explains their close union with the Savior and the extraordinary efficacy that their invisible activity has for others. In the second prayer, directed to the Father from whom comes "every worthwhile gift and every genuine benefit,"we recommend the "active" souls, who promote devotion to The Divine Mercy and exercise with it all the other works that lend themselves to the spiritual and material uplifting of their brethren.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9145 Aug 9, 2013
Today bring to Me the Souls who are in the prison of Purgatory,

and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in your power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasury of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice."

Most Merciful Jesus, You Yourself have said that You desire mercy; so I bring into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls in Purgatory, souls who are very dear to You, and yet, who must make retribution to Your justice. May the streams of Blood and Water which gushed forth from Your Heart put out the flames of Purgatory, that there, too, the power of Your mercy may be celebrated.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls suffering in Purgatory, who are enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. I beg You, by the sorrowful Passion of Jesus Your Son, and by all the bitterness with which His most sacred Soul was flooded: Manifest Your mercy to the souls who are under Your just scrutiny. Look upon them in no other way but only through the Wounds of Jesus, Your dearly beloved Son; for we firmly believe that there is no limit to Your goodness and compassion. Amen.

Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9146 Aug 11, 2013
Bruser, please pray for my brother who is gravely illl with a rare form of cancer

His name is William .

Sincerely

Frank

Location hidden

#9147 Aug 11, 2013
Frank wrote:
Bruser, please pray for my brother who is gravely illl with a rare form of cancer
His name is William .
Sincerely
Frank
Gladly! Sorry to hear that Frank. I lost my Brother to that dreaded
disease. Jesus our Lord and Savior. Please heal William who is gravely will with Cancer. Send down thy rays of divine Mercy unto him, and heal him. In your name Dear Jesus do we, that believe that there is no limit to your mercy, call upon thy limitless Mercy for this healing. Amen.
Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9148 Aug 11, 2013
Thank you Bruser. Your prayers and faith sustain me. I too, trust in Him totally.

GOD BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU!

Location hidden

#9149 Aug 13, 2013
Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church*,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "heretics and schismatics,"

Location hidden

#9151 Aug 17, 2013
Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious,

and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them as through channels My mercy flows out upon mankind."

Most Merciful Jesus, from whom comes all that is good, increase Your grace in men and women consecrated to Your service,* that they may perform worthy works of mercy; and that all who see them may glorify the Father of Mercy who is in heaven.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the company of chosen ones in Your vineyard -- upon the souls of priests and religious; and endow them with the strength of Your blessing. For the love of the Heart of Your Son in which they are enfolded, impart to them Your power and light, that they may be able to guide others in the way of salvation and with one voice sing praise to Your boundless mercy for ages without end. Ame

Location hidden

#9152 Aug 19, 2013
"Today bring to Me those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Me,

I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy."

Most compassionate Jesus, You are the Light of the whole world. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who do not believe in God and of those who as yet do not know You. Let the rays of Your grace enlighten them that they, too, together with us, may extol Your wonderful mercy; and do not let them escape from the abode which is Your Most Compassionate Heart.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who do not believe in You, and of those who as yet do not know You, but who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Draw them to the light of the Gospel. These souls do not know what great happiness it is to love You. Grant that they, too, may extol the generosity of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "the pagans

Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9157 Aug 27, 2013
Lord, I ask you in the name of Jesus, to heal Frank's brother, and return him to exellent health,through Thy Divine Mercy and Love. Amen.
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9159 Aug 27, 2013
Dear Toni Pom-pom, WHG, Lou, Frank,
Let us all pray for Frank's brother and it be our Lords will to heal him, and remove his cancer, in Jesus name. A reminder of GOD's Mercy:
Why praying the Divine Mercy Prayers every day is a simple quick gift to those in need, and for ourselves and all sinners:
Received from my niece:

I have 2 short, but wonderful stories that were told to me by the Monsignor of my church during a meeting he and I had yesterday. The first story about the Deacon took place quite a few years ago, and the second about Our Lady of Lourdes happened only last year. Both miracles have been kept on the quiet side, but I wish to share them with you.

The first miracle happened a few years back when our Deacon was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Monsignor attested to the fact that the Deacon's health was serious, and how from his appearance looked as though he was going to pass away. However, being the Deacon's wife was a personal friend of ST. Padre Pio, as they grow up as childhood friends,(how lucky is she?)ST. Padre Pio was prayed to and asked to interceded. And boy did he! Yes, upon the very next Dr. visit, the Deacon was found to be cancer free! I have spoken to the Deacon quiet a few times and heard him talk about a healing but with no details. I had no idea ST.Padre Pio was involved...I should have known!:)

The second story is about a Polish Priest who came to the Our Lady of Lourdes Virtual Pilgrimage event that was held at our Parish. Unbeknown to Monsignor at the time, the Polish Priest had cancer...but he wouldn't be for much longer,...the Priest told Monsignor that after the virtual Pilgrimage and washing in the Lourdes water, he believes he was healed. At his very next Dr. visit he too was found to be cancer free!

How great is our God!!!
Frank

Los Angeles, CA

#9164 Aug 31, 2013
Bruser wrote:
Dear Toni Pom-pom, WHG, Lou, Frank,
Let us all pray for Frank's brother and it be our Lords will to heal him, and remove his cancer, in Jesus name. A reminder of GOD's Mercy:
Why praying the Divine Mercy Prayers every day is a simple quick gift to those in need, and for ourselves and all sinners:
Received from my niece:
I have 2 short, but wonderful stories that were told to me by the Monsignor of my church during a meeting he and I had yesterday. The first story about the Deacon took place quite a few years ago, and the second about Our Lady of Lourdes happened only last year. Both miracles have been kept on the quiet side, but I wish to share them with you.
The first miracle happened a few years back when our Deacon was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Monsignor attested to the fact that the Deacon's health was serious, and how from his appearance looked as though he was going to pass away. However, being the Deacon's wife was a personal friend of ST. Padre Pio, as they grow up as childhood friends,(how lucky is she?)ST. Padre Pio was prayed to and asked to interceded. And boy did he! Yes, upon the very next Dr. visit, the Deacon was found to be cancer free! I have spoken to the Deacon quiet a few times and heard him talk about a healing but with no details. I had no idea ST.Padre Pio was involved...I should have known!:)
The second story is about a Polish Priest who came to the Our Lady of Lourdes Virtual Pilgrimage event that was held at our Parish. Unbeknown to Monsignor at the time, the Polish Priest had cancer...but he wouldn't be for much longer,...the Priest told Monsignor that after the virtual Pilgrimage and washing in the Lourdes water, he believes he was healed. At his very next Dr. visit he too was f ound to be cancer free!
How great is our God!!!
thankyou all for your love and support for william. He has bad days and worse days please pray for a peaceful journey home . Our family is heart broken

Location hidden

#9165 Sep 1, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> thankyou all for your love and support for william. He has bad days and worse days please pray for a peaceful journey home . Our family is heart broken
I feel so terrible for your family and you Frank. I lost my brother to that dreadful disease and know something of what you and your family is going through. I will continue praying for you and your family and your dear brother. May our Lord and God have mercy.
Dominus Vobiscum
bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9168 Sep 6, 2013
Sr. Thomas Augustin, MICM wrote in "FROM THE HOUSETOPS" on the subject of belief in the Real·Presence and the need for reverence and respect for tile Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament
"As far as I mow, there was never an apparition of Our Lord asking for less reverence and more familiarity with Him.

Did He ever say,'There is no need to genuflect when you come into My presence? When you come into My house. don't mind Me but greet your neighbor instead; there is no need for silence and prayer. Don't worry about what you have on; let's
not be formal.' When did He say,'There is no need to kneel when you receive Me'? How may sacrileges come from not immediately consuming the Sacred Host? How many more could be prevented by receiving on the tongue? Can we picture Our Lord saying,'Now that you have pitched out all those
distracting statues from the sanctuary, it's time to put Me out too;'off to a side altar-or a little box in the wall will do.'
"§ome 'liturgical experts' have imagined that the Traditional Latin Liturgy, was offensive to God because the priest turned his back to the people, made too many genuflections, and repetitive signs of the cross. They called for a 'reform' in the liturgy devoid of 'servile' worship and undue reference to sacrifice.
"The truth is that Our Lord has put Himself in our care. He has given us no other signs by which to recognized Him than the accidents of bread and wine. It is up to us to demonstrate that we truly believe that God is present When we genuflect
we show adoration. When we kneel we sh6w that we are less than He. When we are silent, we show reverence. Formal attire conveys respect. Modest dress shows docility to His commandments. By what signs do we give God His just due?"

Location hidden

#9170 Sep 9, 2013
Today bring to Me those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Me,

I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy."

Most compassionate Jesus, You are the Light of the whole world. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who do not believe in God and of those who as yet do not know You. Let the rays of Your grace enlighten them that they, too, together with us, may extol Your wonderful mercy; and do not let them escape from the abode which is Your Most Compassionate Heart.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who do not believe in You, and of those who as yet do not know You, but who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Draw them to the light of the Gospel. These souls do not know what great happiness it is to love You. Grant that they, too, may extol the generosity of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "the pagans."

Location hidden

#9172 Sep 10, 2013

Location hidden

#9173 Sep 10, 2013
Listen to this priest explain what is happening to our church, and what is going to happen shortly.
About those that call themselves Catholics, and are Catholics in name only. It is 24 mins long and worth listening to the whole talk:

&li st=UUX17igkZ9JhU64JoTBVSWeQ

Location hidden

#9175 Sep 10, 2013
This copy of the "Rapture, or Rupture caused by Vatican Council II" is one of the "hit the nail on the head" evaluation of the misconceptions that the Liberal Bishops,and Priests, and Catholic Colleges, that twisted what was said by the Vatican Council II's determination. It was not the Vatican council's statements, nor their intention to become "liberals". Their statements were twisted and used by the Liberal Bishops and Priests who did not want stand by the Catholic Canon laws any longer.If anyone is led by the Holy Spirit to want to know the truth, and how we have come to the Apostasy that we are enveloped by, and have an hour to listed, if even just out of curiosity, please sit down, make yourself comfortable and be enlightened.
"Those that refuse to learn from the past are doomed to repeat their same mistakes"
please enjoy this session by Michael Voris:

&li st=UUX17igkZ9JhU64JoTBVSWeQ
Adam st1435

Bakersfield, CA

#9177 Sep 13, 2013
Bruser wrote:
Listen to this priest explain what is happening to our church, and what is going to happen shortly.
About those that call themselves Catholics, and are Catholics in name only. It is 24 mins long and worth listening to the whole talk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4WnNtfCV1CQXX&list=UUX17i gkZ9JhU64JoTBVSWeQ
so on the mark thank you for posting the TRUTH! What happened to the guy with the obsession over the pastor out there?

Location hidden

#9179 Sep 14, 2013
Adam st1435 wrote:
<quoted text> so on the mark thank you for posting the TRUTH! What happened to the guy with the obsession over the pastor out there?
I believe one of the people that post here was a childhood friend of the Pastor,and advised him of what he had been posting. It also may just be the prayers that were answered by our Lord that may be "Enlightening" him. In any case the peace that we have had here for months is great. Thank you for asking, and Dominus Vobsicum to you
and your family.

Location hidden

#9182 Sep 14, 2013
With all of this that was stated, why are we still waiting for the "suspended" Traditional Mass to be returned to Our Lady of Lourdes???

The old Tridentine rite was never actually abolished, but local bishops had to grant approval for a priest to say the Mass. Benedict's ruling authorizes parish priests to celebrate the Tridentine rite if a "stable group of faithful" requests it, without needing their bishop's permission. It also permits the old rite for weddings, funerals and other liturgical proceedings.

The decree, called a motu proprio, or personal initiative of the Pontiff, was made public Saturday along with an explanatory letter to the world's bishops acknowledging the recent "news reports" and "confusion" about the lifting of restrictions for access to the old rite. Known as the Tridentine rite — delivered in Latin with the priest usually facing the altar, his back to the congregation — the old Mass (though never banned) had effectively been replaced, following the mid-1960s reforms of the Second Vatican Council, by a liturgy recited in the vernacular.

Rome, Sep. 14, 2007 ( CWNews.com )
Rome, Sep. 14 ( CWNews.com )- With the formal implementation of Summorum Pontificum, the Pope's motu proprio providing wider access to the 1962 Roman Missal, diocesan priests do not need permission to celebrate the Latin Mass, a top Vatican official has stated. Cardinal Dario Castrillon-Hoyos-- the president of the Ecclesia Dei commission, which supervises Vatican outreach to traditionalist Catholics-- says that "from this point, priests can decide to celebrate
the Mass using the old rite, without permission from the Holy See or the bishop."
In an interview with Vatican Radio on September 13, broadcast just before the motu proprio officially took effect, Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos explained that Pope Benedict's motu proprio
affirms the right of any priest to use the "extraordinary form" of the Latin liturgy. "It is, therefore, uncessary to ask for any other permission," he said.
Some diocesan bishops have cautioned their priests against using the 1962 Missal without explicit
permission from the diocese. But the president of the Ecclesia Dei commission-- which would hear any
appeals regarding the new liturgical rules-- contradicted that notion in his Vatican Radio appearance.While affirming the bishop's authority to resolve any liturgical conflicts within his diocese, the Colombian cardinal said that the bishop should exercise that power "without negating the right that the Pope has given to the entire Church."Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos said that the motu proprio involves "no big change" in the liturgy of the Roman Church, since the older liturgy was never banned. Vatican II affirmed the freedoms of the faithful, he said, and one such freedom, which Pope Benedict has now confirmed, was access to the older liturgical form.
"Nothing is imposed on anyone" by Summorum Pontificum, the cardinal said. In allowing for greater use of the old Missal, he explained, Pope Benedict is merely "opening a possibility to the faithful who request it."
© Copyright 2007 Domus Enterprises. All rights reserved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogwood la 12 hr Sambee 1
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Tue Sambee 2,046
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Tue Bruser 2,365
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Mon GODBlessAmerica 11
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
6 arrested after trio caught carrying safe in D... (May '09) Dec 9 StepPredator 31
N.Y. bishop ready for pope's U.S. visit (Mar '08) Dec 3 dadmans abode 4

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News