Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.
Comments
7,521 - 7,540 of 7,854 Comments Last updated Sunday Jul 13
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Frank, so true. They are probably buried in the remotest regions of DRVC, under the thumbs of the most liberal Pastors. The Bishop still hasn't answered why he had halted the Latin Mass at OLLMP after Fr Mason had announced that it would be reinstated a few weeks before Easter. If you recall,when Fr Mason had to go into the hospital to have his arteries re-attached because the original operation surgeon had made them too tighly closed, that the operation had caused the arteries to be worse, and needed to have the by-pass operation done again, during which the surgeon left the stitches too loose and he had hemorrhaged and needed over 15 pints of blood, for which he credits the parishioners prayers for saving his life. The Bishop and Pastors according to Eclassia Dei, have nothing to say about whether the Latin mass would be said or not. The only requirement is that a group of parishioners want the Latin Mass to be said, and that if the Bishop and the Pastor could not comply, then Bishop Levada head of Ecclasia Deai,would make arrangements to take care of it so that the Latin Mass could be said as requested the Parishioners. Pope Benedict was emphatic about that, and yet we have Obama Chicago Mob style Bishops refusing to adhere to the Pope's decree. Any reason not to think that GOD will bring down the chastisement on the Catholic Church, which has strayed so far away from the Church of Christ, that it is hardly recognizable as the Catholic Church any more.
Is it any wonder that I pray the Divine Mercy prayers every day?
If not for GOD's Mercy we are going to experience the Tribulations spoke of in St Johns Revelation, and GOD will probably use the Islamic Terrorists to bring that about, just as the Chaldeans were used to take the Jews into captivity, and later the Romans to destroy the Jewish Temple. The American people are blind to history, and will have a repeat of the destructions that they had suffered in the past. Just look at what has been happening to our constitution under the present administration.
GOD forgive us, and have mercy upon us and our children!
Dominus Vobiscum
we are living in dire times, for sure. Today the moron in chief selected the liar Susan Rice . Done only to say a big F-U to the American people How Dare we question him on the four dead Americans! Remember this fact also, Bruser- many bishops and Priests in our diocese are in LOVE with this disastrous administration.

There is no shame anymore. No one can be responsible for the many scandals circulating Hillary is getting her due because she fell on the Obama sword and agreed to stand down until the next election

They are pigs. Pure and simple. Notice that Anthony, the laughing hyena on the altar, has left this forum?
Maybe Jackie told him to stand down due to his outrageous anger. After all, she must have been feeling the brunt of his profanity filled rants and made him an ultimatum

I like to think our collective prayers has been responsible for his departure.:)

Be well my friend

Keep the faith!

Frank

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text> we are living in dire times, for sure. Today the moron in chief selected the liar Susan Rice . Done only to say a big F-U to the American people How Dare we question him on the four dead Americans! Remember this fact also, Bruser- many bishops and Priests in our diocese are in LOVE with this disastrous administration.
There is no shame anymore. No one can be responsible for the many scandals circulating Hillary is getting her due because she fell on the Obama sword and agreed to stand down until the next election
They are pigs. Pure and simple. Notice that Anthony, the laughing hyena on the altar, has left this forum?
Maybe Jackie told him to stand down due to his outrageous anger. After all, she must have been feeling the brunt of his profanity filled rants and made him an ultimatum
I like to think our collective prayers has been responsible for his departure.:)
Be well my friend
Keep the faith!
Frank
It may have been his wife, or Msgr, due to your telephone call. In any event, I will keep trying and I know you and Toni Pom-Pom , Lou, and WHG, will also. Is he still cavorting around during mass?
It sounds more like a Gang meeting than Mass. Do they understand that the Mass is not about anyone else but Jesus? To make matter worse, they are just going through the motions as a symbolic matter than Jesus dying on the cross again to save our souls? Do they understand that it is Jesus they are handling? I believe sooner or later something disastrous is going to happen during mass, which will embarrass Msgr,and the effect of Msgr's admonishing Anthony will destroy him. I know Msgr needs Anthony as his "lackey" but if Anthony does something to embarrass Msgr, that may be the end of this one way mutual admiration. It will probably depend on who needs whom more.
Stay strong my Friends, and GOD keep you healthy , and in his care.
Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
It may have been his wife, or Msgr, due to your telephone call. In any event, I will keep trying and I know you and Toni Pom-Pom , Lou, and WHG, will also. Is he still cavorting around during mass?
It sounds more like a Gang meeting than Mass. Do they understand that the Mass is not about anyone else but Jesus? To make matter worse, they are just going through the motions as a symbolic matter than Jesus dying on the cross again to save our souls? Do they understand that it is Jesus they are handling? I believe sooner or later something disastrous is going to happen during mass, which will embarrass Msgr,and the effect of Msgr's admonishing Anthony will destroy him. I know Msgr needs Anthony as his "lackey" but if Anthony does something to embarrass Msgr, that may be the end of this one way mutual admiration. It will probably depend on who needs whom more.
Stay strong my Friends, and GOD keep you healthy , and in his care.
Dominus Vobiscum
. Thoughtful comments. Thank you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Today bring to Me the Souls who especially venerate and glorify My Mercy*,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls sorrowed most over my Passion and entered most deeply into My spirit. They are living images of My Compassionate Heart. These souls will shine with a special brightness in the next life. Not one of them will go into the fire of hell. I shall particularly defend each one of them at the hour of death.

Most Merciful Jesus, whose Heart is Love Itself, receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who particularly extol and venerate the greatness of Your mercy. These souls are mighty with the very power of God Himself. In the midst of all afflictions and adversities they go forward, confident of Your mercy; and united to You, O Jesus, they carry all mankind on their shoulders. These souls will not be judged severely, but Your mercy will embrace them as they depart from this life.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls who glorify and venerate Your greatest attribute, that of Your fathomless mercy, and who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls are a living Gospel; their hands are full of deeds of mercy, and their hearts, overflowing with joy, sing a canticle of mercy to You, O Most High! I beg You O God:

Show them Your mercy according to the hope and trust they have placed in You. Let there be accomplished in them the promise of Jesus, who said to them that during their life, but especially at the hour of death, the souls who will venerate this fathomless mercy of His, He, Himself, will defend as His glory. Amen.

*The text leads one to conclude that in the first prayer directed to Jesus, Who is the Redeemer, it is "victim" souls and contemplatives that are being prayed for; those persons, that is, that voluntarily offered themselves to God for the salvation of their neighbor (see Col 1:24; 2 Cor 4:12). This explains their close union with the Savior and the extraordinary efficacy that their invisible activity has for others. In the second prayer, directed to the Father from whom comes "every worthwhile gift and every genuine benefit,"we recommend the "active" souls, who promote devotion to The Divine Mercy and exercise with it all the other works that lend themselves to the spiritual and material uplifting of their brethren.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

HI Bruser

...the insanity continues! Last week a woman with a garish pink cowboy hat was at mass!

...there needs to be a dress code at this parish, No where else do you see such nonsense.

Must be a friend of Anthony

Speaking of which--the laughs and giggles from Anthony and the Pastor continues..

How utterly inappropriate

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Frank wrote:
HI Bruser
...the insanity continues! Last week a woman with a garish pink cowboy hat was at mass!
...there needs to be a dress code at this parish, No where else do you see such nonsense.
Must be a friend of Anthony
Speaking of which--the laughs and giggles from Anthony and the Pastor continues..
How utterly inappropriate
Fr Mason would not have allowed this, and would have made a comment about the dress code when he was Pastor. There would never be any laughs and giggles during his mass. It is Vatican II's mos-conception in attempting to bring more people to church. At what cost? The Bishops are to blame as they want everything "Liberal".
That and everything else they falsely interpreted like giving out communion in the hand. No less than Saint St. Sixtus I around 115 AD, ST. Basil the Great around 330-379 AD, The Council of Saragossa in 380 AD, The Synod of Rouen 650 AD, the 6th Ecumenical Council at Constantinople 680-681 AD, ST THOMAS AQUINAS 1225-1274 AD (SUMMA THEOLOGICA PART iii, Q82 AFRT 3 REP. OBJ8, THE COUNCIL OF TRENT 1545-1565 AD, Pope Paul VI 1963-1978 AD, and as recently as Bl. ST. John Paul II, all warned of handling the host by un-concecrated hands, and yet the modern Bishops rushed to give out the host in the hands. The Vatican Council II, had furthered the Apostasy which is eating away at the roots of our Catholic Church.
There is little reverence, and respect for the Host, and our Lord Jesus, and many Catholic Church's and priests are only going through the motions of Transubstantiation, and they themselves do not believe that the Bread and Wine is being transformed by GOD into the body, blood,Soul, and Divinity of our Sacred Lord Jesus.
As I have said before my Friend Frank, we are in the End Times, and will eventually have mass said in bunkers,Houses, anywhere secret that we can have the mass said. I hate to be the voice of doom, but that is my true feelings, and why I say the Divine Mercy prayers, to ask GOD to stay his hand from chastising the world and our Church. Whether this is done because of ignorance (alla Anthony) or unwillingness to listen to GOd, the effect will be the same. St. Michael Defend us in Battle, as it will be a bloody Battle, with our Souls at stake. Stay true to your Faith my friend we will need it.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

ctn that should be mis-conception.
Happy Fathers day to you Frank and Lou.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Today bring to Me all Devout and Faithful Souls,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were a drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness."

Most Merciful Jesus, from the treasury of Your mercy, You impart Your graces in great abundance to each and all. Receive us into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart and never let us escape from It. We beg this grace of You by that most wondrous love for the heavenly Father with which Your Heart burns so fiercely.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon faithful souls, as upon the inheritance of Your Son. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, grant them Your blessing and surround them with Your constant protection. Thus may they never fail in love or lose the treasure of the holy faith, but rather, with all the hosts of Angels and Saints, may they glorify Your boundless mercy for endless ages. Amen

Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Bruser wrote:
ctn that should be mis-conception.
Happy Fathers day to you Frank and Lou.
hope you had a great fathers's day too!
Family is everything and we must constantly remind the younger generation that just because bad behavior is celebrated- it doesn't make it right.
I am constantly preaching this and thank God. My children get it!!
It's a lifelong job to show the idiocy of the leftists.
Frank
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr Mason would not have allowed this, and would have made a comment about the dress code when he was Pastor. There would never be any laughs and giggles during his mass. It is Vatican II's mos-conception in attempting to bring more people to church. At what cost? The Bishops are to blame as they want everything "Liberal".
That and everything else they falsely interpreted like giving out communion in the hand. No less than Saint St. Sixtus I around 115 AD, ST. Basil the Great around 330-379 AD, The Council of Saragossa in 380 AD, The Synod of Rouen 650 AD, the 6th Ecumenical Council at Constantinople 680-681 AD, ST THOMAS AQUINAS 1225-1274 AD (SUMMA THEOLOGICA PART iii, Q82 AFRT 3 REP. OBJ8, THE COUNCIL OF TRENT 1545-1565 AD, Pope Paul VI 1963-1978 AD, and as recently as Bl. ST. John Paul II, all warned of handling the host by un-concecrated hands, and yet the modern Bishops rushed to give out the host in the hands. The Vatican Council II, had furthered the Apostasy which is eating away at the roots of our Catholic Church.
There is little reverence, and respect for the Host, and our Lord Jesus, and many Catholic Church's and priests are only going through the motions of Transubstantiation, and they themselves do not believe that the Bread and Wine is being transformed by GOD into the body, blood,Soul, and Divinity of our Sacred Lord Jesus.
As I have said before my Friend Frank, we are in the End Times, and will eventually have mass said in bunkers,Houses, anywhere secret that we can have the mass said. I hate to be the voice of doom, but that is my true feelings, and why I say the Divine Mercy prayers, to ask GOD to stay his hand from chastising the world and our Church. Whether this is done because of ignorance (alla Anthony) or unwillingness to listen to GOd, the effect will be the same. St. Michael Defend us in Battle, as it will be a bloody Battle, with our Souls at stake. Stay true to your Faith my friend we will need it.
Dominus Vobiscum
as per Anthony it is pathetic to observe this man/boy on the altar and all the related antics. The pastor is also responsible for this --let's be honest. I'm sure it's done to prop up his popularity...also very pathetic to watch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church*,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "heretics and schismatics,"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>as per Anthony it is pathetic to observe this man/boy on the altar and all the related antics. The pastor is also responsible for this --let's be honest. I'm sure it's done to prop up his popularity...also very pathetic to watch.
Frank, do you realize how much is being taken away from you by attending masses with Anthony present? He is causing you to take your eyes off of Jesus, and focus on his foolishness. I agree that the Pastor is also to blame, but because his main objective is his TV and Radio shows, he needs people like Anthony to do his biddings, and he would not be able to attend to all of his TV and Radio shows and the filmings and preparations, without this help.
Bishop Murphy did OLL parish a disservice by using Msgr with both hats, that of Pastor, and that of TV and Radio personality.
The closeness to his mother and family was the bait that Murphy used, and I guess Pastor didn't have much choice.
You would do well to either go to another mass where you will not be blinded by Anthony;s antics, and concentrate on why you are at mass. Anthony is an negative distraction for you and probably many, although many are there because of Msgr, and do not pay attention to Anthony, as he is just a side show. I reiterate, you would do well to try the 1:30 mass or a different mass,or even to check the EU schedule and see when he will not be there. This distraction is not good for your soul, and anything that distracts you from Jesus,should be avoided. I will pray for you Frank, as Anthony's roll whether on forums or at mass is to distract and anger,and although he is not posting anymore, he is still working his childish actions to anger and distract at mass and not doing the will of GOD.
Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

I rarely go to Oll anymore. Been attending at st. Anthony's in Oceanside . Lou has told me about the nonsense at the 10:30 mass. He attends because his wife is active in the parish CDD program.

Frank
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Frank wrote:
I rarely go to Oll anymore. Been attending at st. Anthony's in Oceanside . Lou has told me about the nonsense at the 10:30 mass. He attends because his wife is active in the parish CDD program.
Frank
Thats good Frank. I did a year of the CCD at St James for children making their confirmation. The guide book didn't make much sense to me,and I only did half of the book,and concentrated mostly on what those children thought, what they were watching on tv, and tried to instill the Catholic values, and the Holy spirit. At the end of the year, the leaders of the church brought in others to lead the ceremony, and removed all of the teachers in the corner of the church, and not to be with their class. That resulted in about half of the teachers to not renew for the following year, myself included. Once again politics destroyed the Spirit of the Church.
The books did not make sense to me, much less the examples in them.
I guess that was the beginning of the "Protestantism", and the Liberals having "the tail wag the dog". I came away with a bitter taste for that parish, and only go there out of need to go to mass because of other commitments as I did last week because of a funeral.
Anyway I am happy that you are not attending that mass with all of the distractions on the Altar.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats good Frank. I did a year of the CCD at St James for children making their confirmation. The guide book didn't make much sense to me,and I only did half of the book,and concentrated mostly on what those children thought, what they were watching on tv, and tried to instill the Catholic values, and the Holy spirit. At the end of the year, the leaders of the church brought in others to lead the ceremony, and removed all of the teachers in the corner of the church, and not to be with their class. That resulted in about half of the teachers to not renew for the following year, myself included. Once again politics destroyed the Spirit of the Church.
The books did not make sense to me, much less the examples in them.
I guess that was the beginning of the "Protestantism", and the Liberals having "the tail wag the dog". I came away with a bitter taste for that parish, and only go there out of need to go to mass because of other commitments as I did last week because of a funeral.
Anyway I am happy that you are not attending that mass with all of the distractions on the Altar.
Dominus Vobiscum
i know what you mean Bruser. Maybe with pope Francis things will change?? I pray they do

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Today bring to Me the Souls who especially venerate and glorify My Mercy*,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls sorrowed most over my Passion and entered most deeply into My spirit. They are living images of My Compassionate Heart. These souls will shine with a special brightness in the next life. Not one of them will go into the fire of hell. I shall particularly defend each one of them at the hour of death.

Most Merciful Jesus, whose Heart is Love Itself, receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who particularly extol and venerate the greatness of Your mercy. These souls are mighty with the very power of God Himself. In the midst of all afflictions and adversities they go forward, confident of Your mercy; and united to You, O Jesus, they carry all mankind on their shoulders. These souls will not be judged severely, but Your mercy will embrace them as they depart from this life.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls who glorify and venerate Your greatest attribute, that of Your fathomless mercy, and who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls are a living Gospel; their hands are full of deeds of mercy, and their hearts, overflowing with joy, sing a canticle of mercy to You, O Most High! I beg You O God:

Show them Your mercy according to the hope and trust they have placed in You. Let there be accomplished in them the promise of Jesus, who said to them that during their life, but especially at the hour of death, the souls who will venerate this fathomless mercy of His, He, Himself, will defend as His glory. Amen.

*The text leads one to conclude that in the first prayer directed to Jesus, Who is the Redeemer, it is "victim" souls and contemplatives that are being prayed for; those persons, that is, that voluntarily offered themselves to God for the salvation of their neighbor (see Col 1:24; 2 Cor 4:12). This explains their close union with the Savior and the extraordinary efficacy that their invisible activity has for others. In the second prayer, directed to the Father from whom comes "every worthwhile gift and every genuine benefit,"we recommend the "active" souls, who promote devotion to The Divine Mercy and exercise with it all the other works that lend themselves to the spiritual and material uplifting of their brethren.

Bruser

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Today bring to Me the Meek and Humble Souls and the Souls of Little Children,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who will keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence.

Most Merciful Jesus, You yourself have said, "Learn from Me for I am meek and humble of heart." Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart all meek and humble souls and the souls of little children. These souls send all heaven into ecstasy and they are the heavenly Father's favorites. They are a sweet-smelling bouquet before the throne of God; God Himself takes delight in their fragrance. These souls have a permanent abode in Your Most Compassionate Heart, O Jesus, and they unceasingly sing out a hymn of love and mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon meek souls, upon humble souls, and upon little children who are enfolded in the abode which is the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls bear the closest resemblance to Your Son. Their fragrance rises from the earth and reaches Your very throne. Father of mercy and of all goodness, I beg You by the love You bear these souls and by the delight You take in them: Bless the whole world, that all souls together may sing out the praises of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Hey Lou--

Is it true Anthony is renovating the pastor's Sayville home???
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Frank wrote:
Hey Lou--
Is it true Anthony is renovating the pastor's Sayville home???
Hey Frankie

I come back here after a short absence and I still see you and the other a***oles ragging on Anthony. In addition to being an incredible piece of s**t, you must also have a pretty pitiful life.

And I'm guessing you still don't have the balls to confront Anthony with your "issues".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE