Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday 7,888
For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish. Full Story

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8996 May 20, 2013
Why praying the Divine Mercy Prayers every day is a simple quick gift to those in need, and for ourselves and all sinners:
Received from my niece:

I have 2 short, but wonderful stories that were told to me by the Monsignor of my church during a meeting he and I had yesterday. The first story about the Deacon took place quite a few years ago, and the second about Our Lady of Lourdes happened only last year. Both miracles have been kept on the quiet side, but I wish to share them with you.

The first miracle happened a few years back when our Deacon was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Monsignor attested to the fact that the Deacon's health was serious, and how from his appearance looked as though he was going to pass away. However, being the Deacon's wife was a personal friend of ST. Padre Pio, as they grow up as childhood friends,(how lucky is she?)ST. Padre Pio was prayed to and asked to interceded. And boy did he! Yes, upon the very next Dr. visit, the Deacon was found to be cancer free! I have spoken to the Deacon quiet a few times and heard him talk about a healing but with no details. I had no idea Padre Pio was involved...I should have known!:)

The second story is about a Polish Priest who came to the Our Lady of Lourdes Virtual Pilgrimage event that was held at our Parish. Unbeknown to Monsignor at the time, the Polish Priest had cancer...but it wouldn't be for much longer,...the Priest told Monsignor that after the virtual Pilgrimage and washing in the Lourdes water, he believes he was healed. At his very next Dr. visit he too was found to be cancer free!

How great is our God!!!

Location hidden

#8997 May 21, 2013
Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church*,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "heretics and schismatics,"

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....

Location hidden

#9001 May 25, 2013
For Lukewarm Catholics:

Today bring to Me the Souls who have become Lukewarm,

and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. They were the reason I cried out:'Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.' For them, the last hope of salvation is to run to My mercy."

Most compassionate Jesus, You are Compassion Itself. I bring lukewarm souls into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart. In this fire of Your pure love, let these tepid souls who, like corpses, filled You with such deep loathing, be once again set aflame. O Most Compassionate Jesus, exercise the omnipotence of Your mercy and draw them into the very ardor of Your love, and bestow upon them the gift of holy love, for nothing is beyond Your power.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon lukewarm souls who are nonetheless enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Father of Mercy, I beg You by the bitter Passion of Your Son and by His three-hour agony on the Cross: Let them, too, glorify the abyss of Your mercy. Amen.

Location hidden

#9002 May 25, 2013
One of the Reasons to say the Divine Mercy Prayers:

Jesus said later to Sister Faustina:

"Say unceasingly this chaplet that I have taught you. Anyone who says it will receive great Mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as the last hope.Even the most hardened sinner, if he recites this Chaplet even once, will
receive grace from My Infinite Mercy. I want the whole world to know My Infinite Mercy. I want to give unimaginable graces to those who trust in My Mercy...."

"....When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person not as the just judge but as the Merciful Savior".
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9004 May 26, 2013
Bruser wrote:
One of the Reasons to say the Divine Mercy Prayers:
Jesus said later to Sister Faustina:
"Say unceasingly this chaplet that I have taught you. Anyone who says it will receive great Mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as the last hope.Even the most hardened sinner, if he recites this Chaplet even once, will
receive grace from My Infinite Mercy. I want the whole world to know My Infinite Mercy. I want to give unimaginable graces to those who trust in My Mercy...."
"....When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person not as the just judge but as the Merciful Savior".
thanks for all the divine mercy posts bruser.
I truly enjoy them and loved the story of padre Pio's intersession.

Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9005 May 26, 2013
By the way, how come cardinal Dolan did not weigh in on the GOSNELL murder case???????

He loves to prance around the city like a mayoral candidate and be invited to all the left wing shindigs yet he stays silent??

I believe he is a phony unwilling to confront the Obama and the screwball lefties.

Very disappointed in his total lack of leadership. I think he is lazy and a populist
Voice of Reason

Bethpage, NY

#9006 May 27, 2013
Frank wrote:
By the way, how come cardinal Dolan did not weigh in on the GOSNELL murder case???????
He loves to prance around the city like a mayoral candidate and be invited to all the left wing shindigs yet he stays silent??
I believe he is a phony unwilling to confront the Obama and the screwball lefties.
Very disappointed in his total lack of leadership. I think he is lazy and a populist
My friend who lived in the state that she would go to his masses said that he was a very conservative Bishop. What happened? He gives communion to the announced Lesbian candidate for Mayor of NYC. You are 100% correct, Lazy and a Populist, and another fake shepherd in our Church. How soon "money corrupts", and large amount of money corrupts even faster.
Catholic Who is Christian

Huntington, NY

#9008 May 27, 2013
CatholicEye wrote:
'Here we go again' said: "As far as where Monsignor Lisante is during the week, this man has never been accused of any wrong doing, no priest is tied to his rectory 24 hours a day, and this is no one’s business but his."
In fact, Lisante brought a suspended priest into the Diocese for eight years without informing the diocese or bishop. When Bishop Murphy found out, he expelled that priest. If that's not *wrong doing* and incredibly irresponsible behavior in the post-sex scandal Catholic Church, I don't know what is.
Lisante betrayed the trust of the people. He could have straightened things out with a simple apology and most people would have forgiven him, but he went on and defended himself in the most pompous way imaginable in the parish bulletin.
Furthermore, he hired a music minister, the director of a gay musical, and when people complained about that, only then was it discovered that this guy is under investigation by the Diocese of Rockville Centre and STILL IS UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR SERIOUS ACCUSATIONS. Call the chancery and find out yourself if you don't believe me!
Lisante may be a pleasant guy who gives out nice, inoffensive sermons, but in the practical order, he's a lawless thug.
I am shocked at how "un-Christian" most of the bloggers on this site are! What a bunch of narrow minded hypocrites--you sound like the Pharisees Jesus reprimanded over and over. Monsignor Lisante is a good, kind, caring person. Because he speaks forgivingly and keeps abreast of changing times you condemn him?? I realize he has the misfortune to be in a parish of Republican Conservatives, a.k.a idiots who think they have a lock on morality. Fortunately, I am a "liberal", also known as a Christian, so I chalk up this small-minded chatter to small-minded people.

Location hidden

#9009 May 28, 2013
Catholic Who is Christian wrote:
<quoted text>I am shocked at how "un-Christian" most of the bloggers on this site are! What a bunch of narrow minded hypocrites--you sound like the Pharisees Jesus reprimanded over and over. Monsignor Lisante is a good, kind, caring person. Because he speaks forgivingly and keeps abreast of changing times you condemn him?? I realize he has the misfortune to be in a parish of Republican Conservatives, a.k.a idiots who think they have a lock on morality. Fortunately, I am a "liberal", also known as a Christian, so I chalk up this small-minded chatter to small-minded people.
Frank, Lou,WHG, Isin't it amazing that these people, just like the 17 year Cicada's pop-up out of the blue, quoting something that was posted in 2006, and not giving sources when this was posted,
and just like every other "Lukewarm Catholic" is trying to stir-up the pot from 7 years ago,from a poster that never has posted here after that year. Please do not answer this type of "evil temptation" as that is all that it is. It could be "Anthony" posting as someone else, as this person states that they are a liberal Christian, not a Catholic, and if challenged with the Catholic Catechism they would be lost . I may be wrong,as it could be a Protestant trying to start a fire. Nonetheless if they keep reading on this site, they may find the One True Holy Apostolic church, the Catholic Church, as Protestants are Protesters, just as their name implies. What an inept attempt at trying to inject themselves into this Catholic forum.
Dominus vobiscum

Location hidden

#9010 May 28, 2013
Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church*,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "heretics and schismatics,"

Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9011 May 28, 2013
http://p.nytimes.com/email/re...
Read this about the liar DOLAN
INCOMPREHENSIBLE!!
Beyond anything you would ever think!!
Let me know if you can' t access. I will send you a hard copy
And yes- the Huntington post is Anthony. His grubby fingerprints are all over it
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9012 May 28, 2013
Catholic Who is Christian wrote:
<quoted text>I am shocked at how "un-Christian" most of the bloggers on this site are! What a bunch of narrow minded hypocrites--you sound like the Pharisees Jesus reprimanded over and over. Monsignor Lisante is a good, kind, caring person. Because he speaks forgivingly and keeps abreast of changing times you condemn him?? I realize he has the misfortune to be in a parish of Republican Conservatives, a.k.a idiots who think they have a lock on morality. Fortunately, I am a "liberal", also known as a Christian, so I chalk up this small-minded chatter to small-minded people.
you want shock??
Check out what really goes on in OLL

---starting with the $$$$ and to whom it goes and to what is goes for. Remember the "500" new families who "joined"the parish??? FOLLOW THE MONEY! Demand an independent investigation and not one from Murphy the biggest crook of them all

Location hidden

#9013 May 29, 2013
Frank wrote:
http://p.nytimes.com/email/re? location=InCMR7g4BCKC2wiZPkcVU orusBDoIw7X&user_id=8fd2dc 6f928bda910893a6d64bd942fb &email_type=eta&task_i d=1369788427285513
Read this about the liar DOLAN
INCOMPREHENSIBLE!!
Beyond anything you would ever think!!
Let me know if you can' t access. I will send you a hard copy
And yes- the Huntington post is Anthony. His grubby fingerprints are all over it
You are right on Frank. And they wonder why Catholics are confused, and not following the Faith as it should be, and apostasy has inundated the Church. There is no way that the USCCB under Timothy Dolan can straighten out the faithless Catholics,
which he is not even trying to hide. The USCCB has been the Liberal Catholic Leadership arm of the destruction of the Catholic faith in America. But they are not the highest Liberal Leaders.
As I was taught years ago "the fish stinks from the head down".
Any wonder why GOD may be using the MUSLIMS to chastise the catholics? If he could sever the Jewish people from the tree of life,and graft on to it instead the Catholics, how much longer will GOD allow the Apostasy to spread in the Catholic Church.
Look around, how many people regularly still go to Church, Confession,.....etc. The Vatican Council II I feel had opened that door, with its mis-conceptions, and giving the Bishops the rights to do as they please. Better a few good Apostolic Bishops, than many false teaching Bishops. For years I have sent mails to the Bishop, and the Pope,and the Vatican leaders, with not ever receiving even an acknowledgment of my mails, and e-mails. It is like talking to the wall. I have noticed that even though Ecclesia Dei and Motu Proprio had permitted the latin mass to be said on Sundays,without the consent of the Msgr or the Bishop,and that Msgr and the Bishop have never reinstated the Latin mass at OLL, even though it had been announced that it would be reinstated at Easter.Pope Benedict XVI had sent this out with his Motu Proprio,
and it has been ignored by Msgr and the Bishop even though Fr Mason and Fr Heinlein are capable and willing to say this Mass.
It probably was the last straw of the attacks on the Conservative
faithful in OLL, that drove them away. Many are attending the Latin Mass at St Michaels in Dix Hills, and even as far away as
Queens. Nothing that Bishop Murphy does, and has been doing since Boston to now is a shock to me. His ignoring of the people at the meeting that I attended with over 500 people voicing their opinion of the want of a Conservative Apostolic PASTOR, was the reason for the diminished attendance and activity at OLL. The Bishop doesn't care what the parishioners need and want,just like Marie Antoinette had said when the people wanted bread to eat,"Let them eat cake". And this is our Shepherd and Spiritual leader of our Diocese? The fruits of a rotten tree........
Pray for us all Frank, and for Pope to Consecrate the country of
Russia to our Blessed Mother Mary as she had requested at Fatima.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

#9014 May 29, 2013
An explanation by Eclassia Dei Cardinal of the right for parishioners to have the Latin mass said without the interference of the Pastor or Bishop:

No more permission needed for Latin Mass, cardinal says
With the formal implementation of Summorum Pontificum, the Pope's motu proprio providing wider access to the 1962 Roman Missal, diocesan priests do not need permission to celebrate the Latin Mass, a top Vatican official has stated.

Cardinal Dario Castrillon-Hoyos-- the president of the Ecclesia Dei commission, which supervises Vatican outreach to traditionalist Catholics-- says that "from this point, priests can decide to celebrate the Mass using the old rite, without permission from the Holy See or the bishop."

In an interview with Vatican Radio on September 13, broadcast just before the motu proprio officially took effect, Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos explained that Pope Benedict's motu proprio affirms the right of any priest to use the "extraordinary form" of the Latin liturgy. "It is, therefore, uncessary to ask for any other permission," he said.

Some diocesan bishops have cautioned their priests against using the 1962 Missal without explicit permission from the diocese. But the president of the Ecclesia Dei commission-- which would hear any appeals regarding the new liturgical rules-- contradicted that notion in his Vatican Radio appearance. While affirming the bishop's authority to resolve any liturgical conflicts within his diocese, the Colombian cardinal said that the bishop should exercise that power "without negating the right that the Pope has given to the entire Church."

Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos said that the motu proprio involves "no big change" in the liturgy of the Roman Church, since the older liturgy was never banned. Vatican II affirmed the freedoms of the faithful, he said, and one such freedom, which Pope Benedict has now confirmed, was access to the older liturgical form.

"Nothing is imposed on anyone" by Summorum Pontificum, the cardinal said. In allowing for greater use of the old Missal, he explained, Pope Benedict is merely "opening a possibility to the faithful who request it."

Location hidden

#9015 May 29, 2013
The above was basically admitted by Msgr in his bulletin advising of the "Temporary suspension" of the Latin Mass. It has been over a year since the Latin Mass was "Temporarily Suspended", and from what I heard, that the Latin Mass would be returned starting around Easter of this year. This was followed by an announcement that the Pastor, and the Bishop would have to approve of this action, which is directly contrary to what had been ordered by JPII,and amplified by Pope Benedict, as shown in my previous posting. Frank, the Bishop is acting more like a Dictator, than a shepherd, and ignoring the Pope and the Vatican, with impunity,and disregard to the Pope's Motu Proprio Letters.
Remember it wasn't too long ago that Msgr in his Bulletin had requested the parishioners to try to get those that left OLL parish to return.
To what? That would be like asking the people of Germany to return to the Nazi rule and Concentration camps. I am heart broken at bringing up once again the dissension that drove away the faithful of our parish.
A word to our Catholic leaders, "don't talk about love, let your actions prove your love"
The Sheep will only follow if they recognize you as their shepherd, as our Lord Jesus had said.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

#9016 May 29, 2013
Today bring to Me the Meek and Humble Souls and the Souls of Little Children,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who will keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence.

Most Merciful Jesus, You yourself have said, "Learn from Me for I am meek and humble of heart." Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart all meek and humble souls and the souls of little children. These souls send all heaven into ecstasy and they are the heavenly Father's favorites. They are a sweet-smelling bouquet before the throne of God; God Himself takes delight in their fragrance. These souls have a permanent abode in Your Most Compassionate Heart, O Jesus, and they unceasingly sing out a hymn of love and mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon meek souls, upon humble souls, and upon little children who are enfolded in the abode which is the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls bear the closest resemblance to Your Son. Their fragrance rises from the earth and reaches Your very throne. Father of mercy and of all goodness, I beg You by the love You bear these souls and by the delight You take in them: Bless the whole world, that all souls together may sing out the praises of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Location hidden

#9017 May 30, 2013
For First Time in History, Pope To Lead Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration Next Sunday

May 28, 2013 By Deacon Greg Kandra

From Vatican Radio:

From the Cook Islands to Chile, Burkina Faso, Taiwan, Iraq, Bangladesh, the United States, and the Philippines, people will unite in prayer with Pope Francis this weekend before One Lord and in One faith, for an hour of Eucharistic Adoration.

The Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration, will be broadcast from St. Peter’s Basilica next Sunday, 2 June from 5:00pm-6:00pm local time. Its theme is:“One Lord, One Faith”, which was chosen to testify to the deep unity that characterizes it in this Year of Faith.

“It will be an event,” Archbishop Fisichella president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting the New Evangelization, explained,“occurring for the first time in the history of the Church, which is why we can describe it as ‘historical’. The cathedrals of the world will be synchronized with Rome and will, for an hour, be in communion with the Pope in Eucharistic adoration. There has been an incredible response to this initiative, going beyond the cathedrals and involving episcopal conferences, parishes, lay associations, and religious congregations, especially cloistered ones.”

Dioceses worldwide will be synchronized with St. Peter’s and will pray for the intentions proposed by the Pope. The first is:“For the Church spread throughout the world and united today in the adoration of the Most Holy Eucharist as a sign of unity. May the Lord make her ever more obedient to hearing his Word in order to stand before the world ‘ever more beautiful, without stain or blemish, but holy and blameless.’ That through her faithful announcement, the Word that saves may still resonate as the bearer of mercy and may increase love to give full meaning to pain and suffering, giving back joy and serenity.”
what

Fort Mill, SC

#9018 May 30, 2013
?
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9023 Jun 2, 2013
The diocese of RVC STINKS FROM THE HEAD DOWN. I truly feel bad for the good priests who have to serve under this bishop

Location hidden

#9025 Jun 3, 2013
Frank wrote:
The diocese of RVC STINKS FROM THE HEAD DOWN. I truly feel bad for the good priests who have to serve under this bishop
Yes Frank, so true. They are probably buried in the remotest regions of DRVC, under the thumbs of the most liberal Pastors. The Bishop still hasn't answered why he had halted the Latin Mass at OLLMP after Fr Mason had announced that it would be reinstated a few weeks before Easter. If you recall,when Fr Mason had to go into the hospital to have his arteries re-attached because the original operation surgeon had made them too tighly closed, that the operation had caused the arteries to be worse, and needed to have the by-pass operation done again, during which the surgeon left the stitches too loose and he had hemorrhaged and needed over 15 pints of blood, for which he credits the parishioners prayers for saving his life. The Bishop and Pastors according to Eclassia Dei, have nothing to say about whether the Latin mass would be said or not. The only requirement is that a group of parishioners want the Latin Mass to be said, and that if the Bishop and the Pastor could not comply, then Bishop Levada head of Ecclasia Deai,would make arrangements to take care of it so that the Latin Mass could be said as requested the Parishioners. Pope Benedict was emphatic about that, and yet we have Obama Chicago Mob style Bishops refusing to adhere to the Pope's decree. Any reason not to think that GOD will bring down the chastisement on the Catholic Church, which has strayed so far away from the Church of Christ, that it is hardly recognizable as the Catholic Church any more.
Is it any wonder that I pray the Divine Mercy prayers every day?
If not for GOD's Mercy we are going to experience the Tribulations spoke of in St Johns Revelation, and GOD will probably use the Islamic Terrorists to bring that about, just as the Chaldeans were used to take the Jews into captivity, and later the Romans to destroy the Jewish Temple. The American people are blind to history, and will have a repeat of the destructions that they had suffered in the past. Just look at what has been happening to our constitution under the present administration.
GOD forgive us, and have mercy upon us and our children!
Dominus Vobiscum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 4 hr Sambee 1,664
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 12 hr Ha Ha 6,445
Garbage pail scavengers in levittown Mon Sambee 2
Anti-7-Eleven Letter Arrives at West Islip Home... (Jul '12) Sun Enough already 18
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sun Jimmy Rustle 676
FCGOA Pres Guy James SELLS-OUT 188 Securitas Of... (Apr '11) Sun anthony 2
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Sun truth 759
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE