Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday 7,940
For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish. Full Story

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8931 Apr 13, 2013
Frank, People like Anthony believe they are good catholics. Follow their own beliefs, ignore the 2000 year old teachings of the church, know little or nothing about the Catholic Catechism. Believe the Pope is just a political figurehead, ignores any Bishop, or priest that does not conform to his daily living actions. And believes that what you have posted is an isolated case. When in truth, it is the Norm not the exception.
I believe that what you and WHG, and others that knew Msgr "when" must be having an impact both on Msgr Lisante, and Anthony. Msgr Jim had better take the time to examine those who "fawn over him", as whether he knows it or not, he is distracting them from following Jesus, and giving all of their love and respect to the only Savior,
Jesus Christ. His hair would be on fire if he took the time to see what his EU has posted about what he believes,and imagine the embarrassment that he would experience if this information about his infatuated EU were to be exposed. We had an old saying years ago, "show me your friends, and I will tell you what you are". Imagine the anti-abortion group learning about Anthony's posts and that he was an EU and close follower of Msgr Jim? I would never do such a thing, as I believe that to be despicable behavior for a Catholic to do. Just as we will have to do when we stand before Jesus, so too will the Bishops, Pastors, and Priests & Laypeople . The difference is that they were in charge of a great number of "sheep" that Jesus told Peter to "Tend my lambs", then the second time, "Shepherd my sheep", and the third time Jesus asked him,"Simon, son of John, do you love me "Feed my sheep". A true shepherd lays down his life "for the sheep". A True shepherd, "Feeds the sheep,not with regular food, but with the bread of life, which is Jesus' words, and doctrine, and his Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity every Mass. Unfortunately Frank, I believe the Cardinals, Bishops, Pastors, and Priest, have become more caretakers, and administers of the physical Church, and not caretakers of the sheep, and the Spiritual Church, where Jesus resides always, inside the souls of those who love Jesus.
Sorry, I feel that I am getting on the soapbox again, but my passion for Jesus can not be contained, nor should it be. I try to let everyone that I meet and speak to everywhere I go of GOD,
Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. But that is me, and not for everyone else.
I pray every day for a clear conscience, and pray that everyone else will try to do the same.
Dominus Vobiscum, Frank, Lou, WHG, Toni..et al.
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8933 Apr 13, 2013
As usual Bruser, you are right on target. Never apologize for the TRUTH.

Location hidden

#8935 Apr 14, 2013
Frank, WHG,
I remember the flack you received from posting the birthday wishes for Msgr Lisante. I received the copy of the OLL and in it, it lists (according to Msgr, that he will be 60 this year, along with Fr Ed Seagriff) I remember you folks giving his his 61st birthday wishes. I did a search, and came up with this:
James P Lisante
James R Lisante
James Lisante
61 Massapequa Park, NY
West Hempstead, NY
Rockville Centre, NY
Seaford, NY
Mattituck, NY.
The weekly bulletin states:

Our Lady of Lourdes
Page 3
Dear Friends:
Last weekend, at the National Shrine of the Immaculate
Conception in Washington DC, I had the privilege of
celebrating Mass on the Feast of Divine Mercy. The Basilica was filled with two thousand souls, each there to
celebrate the greatness of God's mercy, goodness and infinite power to forgive. It was a moving experience.
In my homily, I celebrated the witness of St. Faustina.
She is the Polish Sister who was granted the vision of witnessing the merciful heart of Jesus, shining forth His unconditional love and healing. Sister Faustina and her vision were not universally accepted or embraced by her
superiors or the other sisters of her convent. Coming as
she did from a truly humble background, St. Faustina was
not taken very seriously. But her Spiritual Director, a parish priest, came to believe that her vision was authentic.
He believed that she was not, as some asserted, a crazy
person. Far from it. Instead, he saw her for what she was,
a true innocent, and a vessel for the vital message of
Christ's remarkable love and mercy.
I talk about Sister Faustina, because her simple goodness
is being seen again in the witness of good Pope Francis.
He is showing us that God's love is made manifest not
always by the extraordinary or the deeply intellectual. But
rather in the simple, the humble, the purely good. And the
world is watching and being moved by the things he says
and does.
The message of Divine Mercy can't be shared enough!
We have a God who longs to show us mercy and love,
healing and forgiveness. That in itself is a reason for rejoicing.
But, in turn, we who celebrate His love and mercy must
also share that mercy and forgiveness with those who
have sinned against us. What God gives us as a gift must
be shared as a gift with others.
This year, Father Ed and I have shared the experience of
turning 60. A milestone to be sure. But there is one
among us who has an even greater reason to celebrate.
On April 25th, Father Tony Heinlein will observe his 75th
birthday. On behalf of our grateful parish, I congratulate
Father Tony on this important birthday and thank him for
over two decades of service to Our Lady of Lourdes Parish. Father Tony is a wonderful priest. He gives his all to
the ministry and is constantly available to do what needs
to be done. We are all blessed by his presence in our community and by his tireless dedication to serving others.
Technically, Father Tony is obligated to submit his papers
for retirement to Bishop Murphy. This he has done. But
Father Tony has also asked me if he can stay living at Our
Lady of Lourdes and continue working as a priest in our
parish. I have happily assured him that we welcome his
desire to stay and minister to a people who respect and
treasure his priesthood.
Please keep this good man in your prayers, congratulate
him on his milestone birthday, and let's hope that Father
Tony enjoys many, many more years of priestly service
here at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish.
Thank you, Father Tony, for all the good you do!
Have a beautiful week.
In the Love of Christ,
Msgr. Jim Lisante
Pastor

So what the heck is going on? Is Anthony publishing the ollmp BULLETINS???
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8936 Apr 15, 2013
Bruser wrote:
Frank, WHG,
I remember the flack you received from posting the birthday wishes for Msgr Lisante. I received the copy of the OLL and in it, it lists (according to Msgr, that he will be 60 this year, along with Fr Ed Seagriff) I remember you folks giving his his 61st birthday wishes. I did a search, and came up with this:
James P Lisante
James R Lisante
James Lisante
61 Massapequa Park, NY
West Hempstead, NY
Rockville Centre, NY
Seaford, NY
Mattituck, NY.
The weekly bulletin states:
Our Lady of Lourdes
Page 3
Dear Friends:
Last weekend, at the National Shrine of the Immaculate
Conception in Washington DC, I had the privilege of
celebrating Mass on the Feast of Divine Mercy. The Basilica was filled with two thousand souls, each there to
celebrate the greatness of God's mercy, goodness and infinite power to forgive. It was a moving experience.
In my homily, I celebrated the witness of St. Faustina.
She is the Polish Sister who was granted the vision of witnessing the merciful heart of Jesus, shining forth His unconditional love and healing. Sister Faustina and her vision were not universally accepted or embraced by her
superiors or the other sisters of her convent. Coming as
she did from a truly humble background, St. Faustina was
not taken very seriously. But her Spiritual Director, a parish priest, came to believe that her vision was authentic.
He believed that she was not, as some asserted, a crazy
person. Far from it. Instead, he saw her for what she was,
a true innocent, and a vessel for the vital message of
Christ's remarkable love and mercy.
I talk about Sister Faustina, because her simple goodness
is being seen again in the witness of good Pope Francis.
He is showing us that God's love is made manifest not
always by the extraordinary or the deeply intellectual. But
rather in the simple, the humble, the purely good. And the
world is watching and being moved by the things he says
and does.
The message of Divine Mercy can't be shared enough!
We have a God who longs to show us mercy and love,
healing and forgiveness. That in itself is a reason for rejoicing.
But, in turn, we who celebrate His love and mercy must
also share that mercy and forgiveness with those who
have sinned against us. What God gives us as a gift must
be shared as a gift with others.
This year, Father Ed and I have shared the experience of
turning 60. A milestone to be sure. But there is one
among us who has an even greater reason to celebrate.
On April 25th, Father Tony Heinlein will observe his 75th
birthday. On behalf of our grateful parish, I congratulate
Father Tony on this important birthday and thank him for
over two decades of service to Our Lady of Lourdes Parish. Father Tony is a wonderful priest. He gives his all to
the ministry and is constantly available to do what needs
to be done. We are all blessed by his presence in our community and by his tireless dedication to serving others.
Technically, Father Tony is obligated to submit his papers
for retirement to Bishop Murphy. This he has done. But
Father Tony has also asked me if he can stay living at Our
Lady of Lourdes and continue working as a priest in our
parish. I have happily assured him that we welcome his
desire to stay and minister to a people who respect and
treasure his priesthood.
Please keep this good man in your prayers, congratulate
him on his milestone birthday, and let's hope that Father
Tony enjoys many, many more years of priestly service
here at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish.
Thank you, Father Tony, for all the good you do!
Have a beautiful week.
In the Love of Christ,
Msgr. Jim Lisante
Pastor
So what the heck is going on? Is Anthony publishing the ollmp BULLETINS???
Jim is 61 year old. He has been shaving a year off for years now. It's been an inside joke with those who know him for over 40 years.
When challenged on this, this past week at lunch, even the Pastor laughed at himself!

He is the ultimate story teller-- throwback to his HS days.
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8937 Apr 15, 2013
Jim is 61 years old. Even HE laughs at his "little white lie" that's been going on for many decades now
The Pastor is the "ultimate" storyteller! ;)
Lou Gia

Brooklyn, NY

#8938 Apr 15, 2013
Frank wrote:
Jim is 61 years old. Even HE laughs at his "little white lie" that's been going on for many decades now
Too funny! And to put it in the bulletin too! But I guess that one year really matters to him. If he didn't grow up and go to school with so many people in the area, it probably would be at least 5 years taken off. But he can't really do that, unless he was a boy genius and graduated high school at 13. Even this way he's saying he graduated with the Class of '70 after just turning 17. Guess he skipped a year that we didn't realize! Lol
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8939 Apr 15, 2013
Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny! And to put it in the bulletin too! But I guess that one year really matters to him. If he didn't grow up and go to school with so many people in the area, it probably would be at least 5 years taken off. But he can't really do that, unless he was a boy genius and graduated high school at 13. Even this way he's saying he graduated with the Class of '70 after just turning 17. Guess he skipped a year that we didn't realize! Lol
:). Always the showman!!!!!!

Location hidden

#8940 Apr 15, 2013
Frank wrote:
Okay, I thought so. Thank
WestHempsteadGal

Bay Shore, NY

#8942 Apr 15, 2013
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I thought so. Thank
Yes, and anyone can easily find out online.

Location hidden

#8946 Apr 20, 2013
Why the Catholic Church is falling apart:

http://www.churchmilitant.tv/free/index.php...

Fear of the Shepherds to teach true Catholicism:

The joys of being Catholic:

Why the World Gay Apostasy will cause the destruction and chastisement by GOD:

What and why GOD Created:

Can't open it? Sign-up for free . Too busy?, go to you tube and search on Michael Voris "vortex"
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8947 Apr 20, 2013
Bruser wrote:
Why the Catholic Church is falling apart:
Fear of the Shepherds to teach true Catholicism:
The joys of being Catholic:
Why the World Gay Apostasy will cause the destruction and chastisement by GOD:
What and why GOD Created:
Can't open it? Sign-up for free . Too busy?, go to you tube and search on Michael Voris "vortex"
All great videos! Thanks for sending

There is great hope in the leadership of pope Francis
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8948 Apr 20, 2013
Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
as with everything he says...there is always hyperbole!(: it makes the "masses" FEEL GOOD!
And think they are "special."

Location hidden

#8949 Apr 21, 2013
Today bring to Me all Devout and Faithful Souls,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were a drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness."

Most Merciful Jesus, from the treasury of Your mercy, You impart Your graces in great abundance to each and all. Receive us into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart and never let us escape from It. We beg this grace of You by that most wondrous love for the heavenly Father with which Your Heart burns so fiercely.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon faithful souls, as upon the inheritance of Your Son. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, grant them Your blessing and surround them with Your constant protection. Thus may they never fail in love or lose the treasure of the holy faith, but rather, with all the hosts of Angels and Saints, may they glorify Your boundless mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Location hidden

#8950 Apr 21, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>as with everything he says...there is always hyperbole!(: it makes the "masses" FEEL GOOD!
And think they are "special."
I hate repeating myself, but I have seen in my 80 years where humans destroy that which they desire by falling into the trap of hyper-inflated beliefs in what people and news media think about them.
Why is that normal people who ascend to fame, are destroyed by that same fame that they achieve? I was amazed by Fr Francis Mc Nutt's tremendous following (myself included), buying up his books, attending his Christian rallies at Shea Stadium , and Stadiums in New Jersey. Only to be let down by his leaving the priesthood to marry. Our Lord had said "Mathew 23:11 The greatest one among you must be your servant. 23:12 Whoever makes himself great will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be made great."
It is a hard road for teachers to follow, as Jesus said to Peter
"feed my sheep", and too many who should be shepherds are blind and are leading the sheep into damnation, instead of salvation.
I had shunned being a leader in the Union Local when offered the office of the President of the Local. I saw the terrible price they had paid, how the job had destroyed their families, and their own morality. Remember, "The road to hell is lined with the skulls of Bishops, and the walls are lined with the skulls of errant priests and leaders" Unfortunately those Shepherds have become more like the Scribes and Pharisee's. They love the honorable positions, but fail to adhere to our Masters teachings.
Am I judging them? Never, there is only one Judge, Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, I do not even judge myself, but admonish myself for my wrong feelings and actions.
There I go again standing on a soapbox, acting like a teacher, instead of a humble sheep. Forgive me, I am hoping to let others learn from my own mistakes.
God bless you folks, I hope to be more filled with our Lord, as you are. Have a great Sunday, filled with the Love of Jesus.
Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8952 Apr 21, 2013
How right you are Bruser! Your life story is an inspiration.

Location hidden

#8953 Apr 22, 2013
Frank, I guess your phone call with Msgr seems to have done the trick. The "rage" seems to be gone out of Anthony's fire, hopefully Msgr spoke to him and advised him to stop posting.
Thank to ou folks "Itchy Watch" is now being "Watched"
Dominus Vobiscum
Lou Gia

New York, NY

#8955 Apr 23, 2013
Bruser wrote:
Frank, I guess your phone call with Msgr seems to have done the trick. The "rage" seems to be gone out of Anthony's fire, hopefully Msgr spoke to him and advised him to stop posting.
Thank to ou folks "Itchy Watch" is now being "Watched"
Dominus Vobiscum
And no Anthony the EM at Msgr.'s 10:30 mass this past week either. Maybe Anthony is realizing his "buddy" is EVERYONE'S buddy/brother/bff, until Msgr. asks Anthony to do another handy "job". Then he feels special.

Location hidden

#8956 Apr 23, 2013
Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
And no Anthony the EM at Msgr.'s 10:30 mass this past week either. Maybe Anthony is realizing his "buddy" is EVERYONE'S buddy/brother/bff, until Msgr. asks Anthony to do another handy "job". Then he feels special.
I believe the embarrassment caused by the telephone and emails by people that have had an association with Msgr have had an affect on the relationship with Anthony and Msgr Jim. I don't think Msgr is the type to kick Anthony to the curb, but it appears that he is distancing himself from the infatuated Anthony and he. What is Anthony to do now? Now that he has had the veil lifted and sees what the rest of the parish and friends of Msgr feel, he is probably sulking in an Episcopal church. Maybe he will try to latch on to Fr Ed(who has his own physical problem, and needs our prayers for his healing), though Fr Ed will probably see him as a nut job. I spoke to Fr Ed during the Divine Mercy week, and he has lost much weight but seems to be holding up pretty well.
Dominus Vobiscum, my Brothers and Sisters

Location hidden

#8958 Apr 23, 2013
Fank

Mount Pleasant, SC

#8960 Apr 25, 2013
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the embarrassment caused by the telephone and emails by people that have had an association with Msgr have had an affect on the relationship with Anthony and Msgr Jim. I don't think Msgr is the type to kick Anthony to the curb, but it appears that he is distancing himself from the infatuated Anthony and he. What is Anthony to do now? Now that he has had the veil lifted and sees what the rest of the parish and friends of Msgr feel, he is probably sulking in an Episcopal church. Maybe he will try to latch on to Fr Ed(who has his own physical problem, and needs our prayers for his healing), though Fr Ed will probably see him as a nut job. I spoke to Fr Ed during the Divine Mercy week, and he has lost much weight but seems to be holding up pretty well.
Dominus Vobiscum, my Brothers and Sisters
fr Ed is a good priest who was berated and alienated in the past because he Dared to challenge the status quo of hiding misfits in the diocese

Pray for this good priest as he is a true follower of Jesus who really believes in "woe to those who injure a child"
And whom doesn't give lip,service to the masses of morons like Anthony the EM of oll massapequa park ny
( home of delusional fans and gullible idiots)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
which auto repair shop to choose in Farmingdale... Fri Charlie 1
Arrest Report: DWI, Criminal Possession (Nov '11) Fri Ginger 16
Annymous Dec 26 Anonymous 1
irish mob (Oct '13) Dec 25 ClipperHatBoy 31
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
6 arrested after trio caught carrying safe in D... (May '09) Dec 9 StepPredator 31
N.Y. bishop ready for pope's U.S. visit (Mar '08) Dec 3 dadmans abode 4

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News