Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.
Comments
7,401 - 7,420 of 7,856 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Siobhan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

I grew up (on Violet St) in OLL parish. I also knew Fr Mason - he even personally said my mom's funeral and from my young adult years also know Peter Rapanarro (which how Peter wound up in my Mass Pk church really shows how strange life can be). I sat in that auditorium and then in the 'new' church (which knocked down the beloved folk group house sadly) every Sunday until my 20s. I no longer consider myself Catholic, however always will be grateful for the gift of faith I still have to this day. My mother was intensely involved at OLL, not only with large contributions to build that new church (I wonder if they still use the chalice that was dedicated to my dad after his passing there)and a lot of volunteer time through the Rosary group and ProLife. OLL was huge in my upbringing and I can't believe the bigotry here. I am shocked to read ignorant things like all pedophiles are gay men (research it - LIES), alter boys shouldn't be forced to sit near a gay man on an alter, or how receiving communion next to Hillary Clinton would be 'disgusting'. This is not the OLL I grew up in. There are so many gay priests, in fact the one who tried to expose the abuse was gay and because of that, he wasn't credible and the abuse continued (by straight priests) and if you ask me that gay priest much more moral than child abusing priests.
People - the world has changed but from what I read here, while this Msgr is trying to help the church open up to all (like the new testament teaches), people are using all their might to pull it back to the 60's. It certainly wasn't this intolerant in the 70's - 90's. Fr Mason is almost 80 - he deserves retirement whether he realizes it or not. I cant believe he is still there - I remember when he began. OLL gave me so much in my teenage years as I grew into a woman. I am thankful to Fr John who was so kind, Barbra and Eleanor of the folk group who taught me so much, and the open mindness of the church that instilled my love of God. Please allow the same for others and stop this madness. It is bigotry plain and simple and that has no place in any house of God.
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Siobhan wrote:
I grew up (on Violet St) in OLL parish. I also knew Fr Mason - he even personally said my mom's funeral and from my young adult years also know Peter Rapanarro (which how Peter wound up in my Mass Pk church really shows how strange life can be). I sat in that auditorium and then in the 'new' church (which knocked down the beloved folk group house sadly) every Sunday until my 20s. I no longer consider myself Catholic, however always will be grateful for the gift of faith I still have to this day. My mother was intensely involved at OLL, not only with large contributions to build that new church (I wonder if they still use the chalice that was dedicated to my dad after his passing there)and a lot of volunteer time through the Rosary group and ProLife. OLL was huge in my upbringing and I can't believe the bigotry here. I am shocked to read ignorant things like all pedophiles are gay men (research it - LIES), alter boys shouldn't be forced to sit near a gay man on an alter, or how receiving communion next to Hillary Clinton would be 'disgusting'. This is not the OLL I grew up in. There are so many gay priests, in fact the one who tried to expose the abuse was gay and because of that, he wasn't credible and the abuse continued (by straight priests) and if you ask me that gay priest much more moral than child abusing priests.
People - the world has changed but from what I read here, while this Msgr is trying to help the church open up to all (like the new testament teaches), people are using all their might to pull it back to the 60's. It certainly wasn't this intolerant in the 70's - 90's. Fr Mason is almost 80 - he deserves retirement whether he realizes it or not. I cant believe he is still there - I remember when he began. OLL gave me so much in my teenage years as I grew into a woman. I am thankful to Fr John who was so kind, Barbra and Eleanor of the folk group who taught me so much, and the open mindness of the church that instilled my love of God. Please allow the same for others and stop this madness. It is bigotry plain and simple and that has no place in any house of God.
either does child abuse and rape. Rampant corruption and cover ups-- grow up
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Bruser wrote:
Playing to the Base
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Courage to Contradict
Highway to Hell Robbery
this first video outstanding! So true about these feckless bishops who are demoralizing the faithful
Thanks for sending.

I will miss you during Lent Bruser and admire your commitment.

Sincerely-
Frank
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Siobhan, It's good to see you have a history at OLL Church that helped you and your family in the past. The one thing that sticks out to me is that you say you no longer consider your self catholic. For whatever reason you don't consider yourself catholic anymore could be similar to most of what sparks debate within the church today (similar to this discussion board).There is a major divide within the church, as well as the nation today. First off, any online discussion group where people know each other and disagree is going to look at lot worse online than it would in real life. For example a long time friend of mine since I've known since kindergarten and I where having a gun control debate and discussed many other topics I told him how if we were online and didn't know it was us we would most likely be cursing each other out or labeling you liberal this..right wing that. Not knowing we are actually best of friends. People tend to generalize way to much in general especially online. Anyway when is the last time you attended mass? and how often? I'm sure anyone's opinion will change based on the source of information their getting it from. News papers, today's media, online ads, trendy discussions and all the back round noise and the worlds million and one distractions are always clouding our thought process and molding our views. I'm sure very few sensible people consider themselves "bad" people or not caring towards others most of us deep down have the same care for people but have different ways of showing it. It would be an up hill battle to argue that society is going in the right direction. From most importantly the breaking up of the family unit and values, views on abortion and birth control, the new "there is no right or wrong" mentality, anything goes liberalism seems to be the cause of the problem. To me its not even a matter of personal opinion as it is simple observation. You should really attend some of father Masons masses or any mass for a good block of time and start reading some spiritual books like the True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis De Montfort or any other classic powerful spiritual book. Emerge your self in Catholicism once again not from the point of redundancy of the past, a been there/ done that mind set. Whatever faith you have today take that passion to search for the truth in the church being 100% unbiased. If you do I'm sure you'll come to see as what Fr. Mason said that the church is supposed to rise UP above the times not drift away with the trends of the time. If you still believe in Christ but don't fully agree with what is going on in the church or world today, your not alone. You are still a member of the church. Everything we do either A. Brings us closer to God or B. Brings us further away. Your opinions of arguing and bigotry is that it brings us all away from God, what are you doing to bring others and your self closer to God? We should all ask ourselves this question but first "clean up ourselves" and at least be active in your faith before your judge others. That goes for ALL people.
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/florida-judg...

Not agreeing with decisions like this isn't bigotry it should be commonsense. 3 people legally on a birth certificate 2 lesbians and a homosexual? Doesn't seem right.
Fank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

GodBless wrote:
http://www.lifesitenews.com/ne ws/florida-judge-oks-3-parent- family-two-lesbians-and-a-homo sexual
Not agreeing with decisions like this isn't bigotry it should be commonsense. 3 people legally on a birth certificate 2 lesbians and a homosexual? Doesn't seem right.
By disagreeing, we are labeled homophobes, racists and bigots. Never mind what is BEST for the child! As long as everyone involved feels "good about themselves" that makes EVERY BAD CHOICE FOR THE CHILD a good choice for the so called "alternative" parenting" crowd.

This is what happens when God no longer is relevant in society

Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

..That's "Frank" (:
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

GodBless wrote:
Siobhan, It's good to see you have a history at OLL Church that helped you and your family in the past. The one thing that sticks out to me is that you say you no longer consider your self catholic. For whatever reason you don't consider yourself catholic anymore could be similar to most of what sparks debate within the church today (similar to this discussion board).There is a major divide within the church, as well as the nation today. First off, any online discussion group where people know each other and disagree is going to look at lot worse online than it would in real life. For example a long time friend of mine since I've known since kindergarten and I where having a gun control debate and discussed many other topics I told him how if we were online and didn't know it was us we would most likely be cursing each other out or labeling you liberal this..right wing that. Not knowing we are actually best of friends. People tend to generalize way to much in general especially online. Anyway when is the last time you attended mass? and how often? I'm sure anyone's opinion will change based on the source of information their getting it from. News papers, today's media, online ads, trendy discussions and all the back round noise and the worlds million and one distractions are always clouding our thought process and molding our views. I'm sure very few sensible people consider themselves "bad" people or not caring towards others most of us deep down have the same care for people but have different ways of showing it. It would be an up hill battle to argue that society is going in the right direction. From most importantly the breaking up of the family unit and values, views on abortion and birth control, the new "there is no right or wrong" mentality, anything goes liberalism seems to be the cause of the problem. To me its not even a matter of personal opinion as it is simple observation. You should really attend some of father Masons masses or any mass for a good block of time and start reading some spiritual books like the True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis De Montfort or any other classic powerful spiritual book. Emerge your self in Catholicism once again not from the point of redundancy of the past, a been there/ done that mind set. Whatever faith you have today take that passion to search for the truth in the church being 100% unbiased. If you do I'm sure you'll come to see as what Fr. Mason said that the church is supposed to rise UP above the times not drift away with the trends of the time. If you still believe in Christ but don't fully agree with what is going on in the church or world today, your not alone. You are still a member of the church. Everything we do either A. Brings us closer to God or B. Brings us further away. Your opinions of arguing and bigotry is that it brings us all away from God, what are you doing to bring others and your self closer to God? We should all ask ourselves this question but first "clean up ourselves" and at least be active in your faith before your judge others. That goes for ALL people.
AMEN!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Siobhan. I had gone around as a Protestant for 5-6 years. I began learning about my Catholic faith, by reading the Bible, which made all of the actions of the Catholic faith real and living. I met every day with a nondenominational group, held hands , prayed, and learned the christian faith, and the teaching of
Our Lord Jesus, who gave the "Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven", to Peter our first pope. I realized that all of the other denominational religions while being good people, were on the wrong road , for me!
I did my searching through many phases. The Born again, the charismatics and through all of it, they , for me were missing one thing. The Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ. I saw a whole church make a general confession, and then go up to receive the host, and wine. What was missing ? There is only one Church handed down from St Peter our first Pope, that can perform the
Transubstantiation of the Bread becoming the Body of Christ, and the Wine becoming the Blood of Christ. Our Lord said ""I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you" (John 6:53). There-in is the difference in the churches.
There are many in the catholic church today (Itchy Watch) who believe they are right in turning their backs to the Pope and the Catholic Catechism.
I will pray for you that you find your way to the "
One Catholic, Holy, and Apostolic Church.
I have been called a Homophobic person because I do not believe that "active Homosexuals" can be accepted. If as you say, you knew Fr Mason from many year back,then you know his teachings against giving communion to Politicians that propagate Abortions, and the present Pastor turned his back on the Pope's Edict that Communion should not be given to those Politicians that agree with Abortions when he gave communion to Tom Suozzi his friend. This is the same mistake that the Jewish people made when they received the 10 commandments. They picked and chose what they would follow, and what they would not, not realizing that if you break one commandment, you have broken all 10.
Are all of those that do not believe as I do destined for hell? I had no choice when I realized that all of the other denominations were splintered off from the One True Church, much like the Jews did with the 10 commandments, and if you read the Whole Bible, you see where GOD had said, that he will make a new covenant. No longer were they to have a once a year confession of sins by the levite priests to make the sin offering of a lamb without any black markings on it. Jesus is the LAMB OF GOD, who died and suffered for our sins, once and for all. And this happens at every mass.
I do not judge anyone, only Jesus will be the judge. I follow the teachings of St Peter, whom Jesus built his church on. Lutherans, Protestants, Baptists, and every other splintered church are all chips off the One Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church. That is my belief, and in my search for GOD I found him there in the Catholic church.
Fr Mason I believe is 82 yrs old, and I will be turning 80 (GOD willing) in a few weeks. Father Mason has not deviated on bit from the beginning of his priesthood, and remained true to his quest to bring all souls to Jesus.
Remember friend, "enter through the narrow gate, not the wide gate that leads to perdition"
dominus Vobiscum

P.S. If you can , go to confession, or even just to talk with him on Saturdays 4pm-5pm in the confessional.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

During Lent, you can always click on the site below to see and listen to Michael Voris and his wonderful teachings. It is free and you do not have to join to be able to watch. Usually he has 5 different posts a week. Enjoy. Dominus Vobiscum :

http://www.churchmilitant.tv/free/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Frank, Lou, you probably won't hear from "you know who" as I read they are having the OLL celebration today and he is scheduled for the 12PM mass.
He will be doing the 10:30AM and the 12PM the two following weeks. Let pray that he has a faithful
enlightenment during Lent, and bring him back to being a "Real Catholic"
Dominus Vobiscum

P.S. you can see that there are many out there that consider themselves "Catholics", and yet have pulled away from following the religion as taught by St Peter and the Apostles, as the Wide road is the easiest path to follow, but leads to Hell and damnation not to salvation. Getting lost in the forest is an easy thing to do, and thanks be to GOD he keeps pulling us back to the straight and narrow path, woe to those that do not follow his road, and get deeper and deeper into the forest.
Keep Praying for him and all that are like him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

I guess Anthony won't believe this Cardinal:

Cardinal says no communion for Irish politicians who support abortion
Dublin, Ireland, Feb 8, 2013 / 02:07 am (EWTN News)

As the Irish parliament considers legalizing some abortions, Cardinal Raymond Burke says that local Catholic politicians who support the procedure should be refused Holy Communion in hopes of inspiring their conversion.

“There can be no question that the practice of abortion is among the gravest of manifest sins,”Cardinal Burke told the Irish newspaper Catholic Voice in an interview published Feb. 1.

Once “a Catholic politician has been admonished that he should not come forward to receive Holy Communion,”

The American cardinal heads the Apostolic Signatura, the Vatican’s highest legal tribunal that rules on canon law.

Cardinal Burke said that the local bishop and parish priests must ensure that Holy Communion is properly received to avoid “the grave sin of sacrilege” from those like Catholic politicians who receive Communion in spite of “grave moral evil.” The bishops and clergy must also prevent the “scandal” caused by this kind of reception because it “gives the impression that the Church’s teaching on the intrinsic evil of abortion is not firm.”

The Fine Gael-controlled Irish parliament has said it will introduce legislation to legalize abortion where the mother’s life is at risk to conform Irish law to a December 2010 ruling from the European Court of Human Rights. That ruling itself is based on a 1992 Irish Supreme Court decision which was never codified into law.

He warned the Irish people and the Irish government to be alert for this kind of justification for abortion.

The cardinal said Catholic politicians have the duty to support all legislation that will “most reduce the evils which attack human life and the integrity of marriage.”

Politicians cannot vote for any legislation which would confirm or advance “evil,” but a politician may support legislation to reduce such evils if he acknowledges these evils and the need for his voters to work to eliminate them.

Cardinal Burke stressed that the Catholic Church’s rules on the need to receive communion worthily are based on Christians’ relationship with Jesus Christ.

Someone who persists in “manifest grave sin” should not receive Holy Communion “because of his love of our Lord and his sorrow for the grave sin which he is committing against our Lord and His Holy Church.”

Recognizing this “grave offense” against God will “most inspire a conversion of heart” in Catholic politicians who support abortion, the cardinal said. He cited St. Paul’s admonition in the First Letter to the Corinthians that those who receive communion unworthily “eats and drinks judgment upon himself.”

Cardinal Burke also lamented the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision that struck down abortion laws nationwide. He said the legalization of abortion contradicts the “fundamental principle” of safeguarding human life and has done “incalculable harm.”

“It is not possible to comprehend all of the devastation worked by procured abortion on demand during these past forty years,” the cardinal told the Catholic Voice.

Read more: http://www.ewtnnews.com/catholic-news/World.p...

And Anthony Persists that "the Pope nor any of the religious leaders have no right to tell a woman what to do with her life?. With his statement he is also saying that neither the Pope or any Vatican leaders can tell us how to practice the Catholic Faith. Tell that to Msgr Jim Anthony and let us know what he replies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>this first video outstanding! So true about these feckless bishops who are demoralizing the faithful
Thanks for sending.
I will miss you during Lent Bruser and admire your commitment.
Sincerely-
Frank
Thank you Frank. Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

The pope is resigning???

.....?????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

The Ugliness of Pro-choice Zealots by Bill O'Reilly

It is one of life's great mysteries that so many liberal people are so callous when it comes to
abortingfetuses. I mean, the Democratic convention last summer was almost a pro-abortion
pep rally, as a variety of pro-choice speakers, including the self-proclaimed "Catholic
woman" Caroline Kennedy, knelt at the altar of"reproductive rights."

Recently, another woman who calls herself a Catholic, Mary Elizabeth Williams, wrote a shocking article for Salon. Entitled "So What if Abortion Ends Life?" Williams starkly states: "I believe that life starts at conception. And it's never stopped me from being pro-choice. "
In the body of the article, Williams says this about her own pregnancies: "I never wavered for a moment in the belief that I was carrying a human life inside of me. "
And she continues, "Here's the complicated reality in which we live: All life is not equal. That's a difficult thing for liberals like me to talk about ...(A) fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it
resides. She's the boss. Her life and what is right for her circumstances and her health should automatically trump the rights of the non-autonomous entity inside of her. Always."
So now a developing fetus or viable baby ingesting in the womb is a "non-autonomous entity. " Good grief!
The measure of a decent human being is how he or she treats the defenseless. The philosophy of Williams echoes past tyranny: Might makes right! What gives Williams the right to determine that her life is better than the baby she carries?
Who appointed Williams the arbiter of who lives and who dies? Always, Williams? Abortion is acceptable always?
We are not talking about life endangerment or catastrophic damage to the mother here. No. What Williams believes, and she's not alone, is that a woman can execute her fetus simply because ''she's the boss."
You may remember the late-term abortion doctor George Tiller. For $5,000, Tiller would drill a hole into the skull of a baby anytime up until birth. Tiller had an assistant in his Kansas clinic, Dr. Ann Kristin Neuhaus, whose assignment
was to put on paper a reason for the late termination. Pretty much any reason would do" including "anxiety. " On May 31, 2009, Tiller was shot through the eye while attending a church service. His killer, Scott Roeder, is serving
life in prison. The murder made national headlines, and in many press dispatches, Tiller was portrayed as a martyr.
People like me who had criticized Tiller before the vicious crime were accused by far-leflloons of encouraging the assassination.
On June 22, 2012, Neuhaus was informed that Kansas authorities had revoked her medical license. A judge ruled that she did not perform adequate mental health examinations of 11 abortion patients. The prosecution said that Neuhaus
was a "threat to any future patients she might have. "
Not to mention the babies she helped Tiller abort.
There comes a time when a human being has to either face evil or admit to allowing it. Abortion is legal in the United States, but it should not be celebrated or used as a political tool. Viable babies are human beings. if they could talk, they
would tell Williams and other pro-choice zealots that their lives should not be marginalized by someone who thinks she's the boss. That's what the babies would say.

Posted by Msgr Lisante in his weekly Bulletin. I wonder what he would say if he knew his top EU agrees with Neuhaus???
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

"Frank"]The pope is resigning???

I think Pope Benedict XVI was a great Pope. I've read many of his books he probably won't be fully appreciated for years to come.
Here was his statement.
Vatican Radio:

After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry. I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today’s world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the barque of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Pope Benedict XVI's resignation
The Society of St. Pius X has learned of the sudden announcement about the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI, which will be effective on the evening of February 28, 2013.

Despite the doctrinal differences that were still evident on the occasion of the theological talks held between 2009 and 2011, the Society of St. Pius X does not forget that the Holy Father had the courage to recall the fact that the Traditional Mass had never been abrogated, and to do away with the canonical sanctions that had been imposed on its bishops following their consecration in 1988. It is not unaware of the opposition that these decisions have stirred up, obliging the pope to justify himself to the bishops of the whole world.

The Society expresses its gratitude to him for the strength and the constancy that he has shown toward it in such difficult circumstances, and assures him of its prayers for the time that he wishes to devote from now on to recollection.

Following its founder, Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, the Society of St. Pius X reaffirms its attachment to eternal Rome, Mother and Instructress [Mater et Magistra] of Truth, and to the See of Peter. It reiterates its desire to make its contribution, according to its abilities, to resolving the grave crisis that is shaking the Church. It prays that, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the cardinals of the next conclave may elect the pope who, according to the will of God, will work for the restoration of all things in Christ (Eph 1:10).

Menzingen, February 11, 2013,
on the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
Lou Gia

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Bruser wrote:
The Ugliness of Pro-choice Zealots by Bill O'Reilly
It is one of life's great mysteries that so many liberal people are so callous when it comes to
abortingfetuses. I mean, the Democratic convention last summer was almost a pro-abortion
pep rally, as a variety of pro-choice speakers, including the self-proclaimed "Catholic
woman" Caroline Kennedy, knelt at the altar of"reproductive rights."
Recently, another woman who calls herself a Catholic, Mary Elizabeth Williams, wrote a shocking article for Salon. Entitled "So What if Abortion Ends Life?" Williams starkly states: "I believe that life starts at conception. And it's never stopped me from being pro-choice. "
In the body of the article, Williams says this about her own pregnancies: "I never wavered for a moment in the belief that I was carrying a human life inside of me. "
And she continues, "Here's the complicated reality in which we live: All life is not equal. That's a difficult thing for liberals like me to talk about ...(A) fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it
resides. She's the boss. Her life and what is right for her circumstances and her health should automatically trump the rights of the non-autonomous entity inside of her. Always."
So now a developing fetus or viable baby ingesting in the womb is a "non-autonomous entity. " Good grief!
The measure of a decent human being is how he or she treats the defenseless. The philosophy of Williams echoes past tyranny: Might makes right! What gives Williams the right to determine that her life is better than the baby she carries?
Who appointed Williams the arbiter of who lives and who dies? Always, Williams? Abortion is acceptable always?
We are not talking about life endangerment or catastrophic damage to the mother here. No. What Williams believes, and she's not alone, is that a woman can execute her fetus simply because ''she's the boss."
You may remember the late-term abortion doctor George Tiller. For $5,000, Tiller would drill a hole into the skull of a baby anytime up until birth. Tiller had an assistant in his Kansas clinic, Dr. Ann Kristin Neuhaus, whose assignment
was to put on paper a reason for the late termination. Pretty much any reason would do" including "anxiety. " On May 31, 2009, Tiller was shot through the eye while attending a church service. His killer, Scott Roeder, is serving
life in prison. The murder made national headlines, and in many press dispatches, Tiller was portrayed as a martyr.
People like me who had criticized Tiller before the vicious crime were accused by far-leflloons of encouraging the assassination.
On June 22, 2012, Neuhaus was informed that Kansas authorities had revoked her medical license. A judge ruled that she did not perform adequate mental health examinations of 11 abortion patients. The prosecution said that Neuhaus
was a "threat to any future patients she might have. "
Not to mention the babies she helped Tiller abort.
There comes a time when a human being has to either face evil or admit to allowing it. Abortion is legal in the United States, but it should not be celebrated or used as a political tool. Viable babies are human beings. if they could talk, they
would tell Williams and other pro-choice zealots that their lives should not be marginalized by someone who thinks she's the boss. That's what the babies would say.
Posted by Msgr Lisante in his weekly Bulletin. I wonder what he would say if he knew his top EU agrees with Neuhaus???
I think Anthony the EM should have a heart to heart talk with his "buddy" and let him know how he agrees with Neuhaus, Caroline Kennedy, NARAL and a woman's right to kill her unborn child. He's the kind of Catholic man you want as an EM. But Anthony the EM must be sad over not seeing his "buddy" last weekend since Msgr. Jim was away. I'm sure he'll haunt him to try to get a little Jimmy time. What Msgr. Jim has to put up with is amazing!
Lou Gia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Another sad Sunday for Anthony the EM. His "buddy" not doing the 10:30 mass again today. Guess he'll be texting/calling/hounding him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melville Discussions

Search the Melville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Fox News Commie 6,349
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 6 hr Jeanne 777 1,487
Someone bad mouthing someone live on their own ... 10 hr weathermen 1
Dick and Dora's (Nov '09) 13 hr Rob 63
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) 19 hr Rachel 61
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Thu Steve Douchy 6,364
Hit-and-run victim dies - (Nov '07) Thu Huntington 15
•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search