Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.
Comments
7,381 - 7,400 of 7,872 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8830 Feb 2, 2013
DIVINE MERCY PRAYER
Today bring to Me the Souls who have become Lukewarm,

and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. They were the reason I cried out:'Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.' For them, the last hope of salvation is to run to My mercy."

Most compassionate Jesus, You are Compassion Itself. I bring lukewarm souls into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart. In this fire of Your pure love, let these tepid souls who, like corpses, filled You with such deep loathing, be once again set aflame. O Most Compassionate Jesus, exercise the omnipotence of Your mercy and draw them into the very ardor of Your love, and bestow upon them the gift of holy love, for nothing is beyond Your power.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon lukewarm souls who are nonetheless enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Father of Mercy, I beg You by the bitter Passion of Your Son and by His three-hour agony on the Cross: Let them, too, glorify the abyss of Your mercy. Amen.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
WestHempsteadGal

Bay Shore, NY

#8832 Feb 3, 2013
Frank wrote:
Bruser, Lou , WHG et al
.. We all aware that Anthony has been reading our posts despite his sabbatical from this forum. He can't help himself. The under developed pre teen personality makes it impossible for him to control his impulses. Cursing and pathetic crush on the pastor.
The impulse to throw a tantrum has over taken his beleaguered emotions.
Dispute his nonsense,we will all continue to pray for Anthony and Jackie and the daughters in the hope that it is only here that he releases his stress and not on them
Peace to all who read this post!
Sincerely
Frank
Someone sent Toni Pom Pom Anthony's latest comments on this blog and she posted them on her Anthony the EM Prayer Group page saying "Our Work is Not Done! Keep Praying for Anthony and His Family!" The hundreds of people who posted the Anthony the EM Prayer Group page on their Facebook will also likely post his remarks and Toni Pom Pom's on their Facebook. He's still in a very dark place, full of rage, cursing, and promoting NARAL? But then he'll get up on the altar in his white robe handing out the Eucharist to people?? And continues to inappropriately run after Msgr. Jim? Because he really believes that Msgr. Jim thinks of him as a buddy, a friend! And we certainly know that's not the case. Still praying for Anthony the EM.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#8833 Feb 3, 2013
Bruser wrote:
It is amazing that the Wicca "PuffinLady", and "Itchy Watch" both returned at the same time on the other website. I guess the lost souls just naturally hang out together. How pathetic!
Hilarious that you think others are pathetic, Itchy. Guess you don't read your own bullshit.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#8834 Feb 3, 2013
WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone sent Toni Pom Pom Anthony's latest comments on this blog and she posted them on her Anthony the EM Prayer Group page saying "Our Work is Not Done! Keep Praying for Anthony and His Family!" The hundreds of people who posted the Anthony the EM Prayer Group page on their Facebook will also likely post his remarks and Toni Pom Pom's on their Facebook. He's still in a very dark place, full of rage, cursing, and promoting NARAL? But then he'll get up on the altar in his white robe handing out the Eucharist to people?? And continues to inappropriately run after Msgr. Jim? Because he really believes that Msgr. Jim thinks of him as a buddy, a friend! And we certainly know that's not the case. Still praying for Anthony the EM.
You know, Princess, you've gone from being a naive, but stupid, observer in this forum, to a full-fledged member of the A***ole Club. Congratulations!
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#8835 Feb 3, 2013
Bruser wrote:
Well I guess we have our answer that nothing has changed with "Itchy Watch" the foul mouthed anti-catholic, Obama loving Abortionist. It may take many years for him to realize his failure at attempting to make everyone believe that he is a Catholic. Will he ever change? Only GOD would know, and as I had posted on the other website, that GOD is always ready to accept our true confession of our failures, and to beg for forgiveness, no matter how long it take for us to get to that point. He posts articles from the likes of Hogue and Obama, what does that tell you? More than 2000 years have gone by, and mankind still is repeating the same sins over,and over,and over again. They believe that by saying a lie time and time again that it will become the truth.
Ha Ha, good luck with that Anthony, I still pray that you will feel the heat generated by the Devil and return to the Light. GOD have Mercy on your soul, forgive your blindness, as you believe the darkness is light, and until your realize that fact, you will forever be in the darkness.
Dominus Vobiscum
You need some serious help, Itchy. It appears that your mind is deteriorating rapidly.
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8837 Feb 3, 2013
Anthony's posts are repetitive and boring. He's having a tantrum and expressing his frustration by posting his nonsense. Perhaps a rebuff from the pastor has fueled this latest tantrum?

As with all puppy love-- it ebbs from time to time .

Stay tuned to another profane induced post as soon as he runs home to pacific street after mass.

Run Anthony Run!!!!!
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#8838 Feb 3, 2013
Frank wrote:
Anthony's posts are repetitive and boring. He's having a tantrum and expressing his frustration by posting his nonsense. Perhaps a rebuff from the pastor has fueled this latest tantrum?
As with all puppy love-- it ebbs from time to time .
Stay tuned to another profane induced post as soon as he runs home to pacific street after mass.
Run Anthony Run!!!!!
Hey a***ole, I see you're not stalking Anthony at Mass today. I'm guessing that you either never found the balls to confront him ... or that when you tried, he cleaned your clock.

Please note, that the time now is 11:10 am. Anthony is most likely doing his EM thing at the 10:30 Mass ... while I'm sitting here letting Frankie G know just what an a***ole he is. Funny how you just don't get it, Frankie!

Location hidden

#8840 Feb 3, 2013
Same inane posting from him, just like this on another webiste:

Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , Well, Well, look who surfaced. The non-catholic who follows his own rules, does not accept the Pope as our spiritual leader,
does not accept the Catholic Catechism accepts what portions of the Catholic faith that he choses to,and does not believe that no one has the rights to set the standards in our religion. I ask everyone then, WHY CLAIM TO BE A CATHOLIC??? This type of action
was already started hundreds of years ago by the Protestants,
Lutherans, Church of this, and Church of that....etc. why not admit that you are not a Catholic, but a Protestant? St Paul says we must all work out our own salvation, and I do pray that you will find your way to salvation by whatever route you take. Just do not try to say that in your mis-beliefs that you are following the Catholic Faith. Whom-so-ever is teaching you this is dead wrong and will be guilty of leading your soul to damnation, and your bloody soul will be on his hands. We all have a chance while we live to return to the light, and beg for forgiveness, and almighty GOD, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit will always be willing to forgive you. The catholic Church is infected with Apostasy that the church has allowed to creep into the very
foundations of our faith, which is our teachers. You are not alone in your false beliefs, and if you do not realize how far you have strayed from the truth, then you sooner or later will be completely lost. GOD have mercy on you.
Dominus Vobiscum <quote>

(his reply)
Looks like your mind has deteriorated rapidly. You should really seek some professional help, Itchy.

Oh, and by the way, how dare you presume to judge me, you bigoted, arrogant and righteous a***ole?

(And Anthony has the gall to say that my mind has deteriorated rapidly? If it weren't so pathetic it would be funny)
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8841 Feb 3, 2013
He must have been rebuked from his love interest. Therefore the ranting is back.

He should take it easy.
Anthony isn't in the best physical shape and being overweight is dangerous for someone with his exhaustive anger.

I suggest he try praying on a regular basis to calm himself or join a gym
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8842 Feb 3, 2013
WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
He has such animus towards women! Wow!

But then again --- he fears women --especially smart ones!!
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8843 Feb 4, 2013
Here we go Again!!

Probably not even if his gold sequined frock depended on it. The 56 year old gay-bashing political cleric, and self proclaimed warrior against gay marriage, will be installed in San Francisco as the most prominent Catholic Hierarchy figure in California, on October 4 th , 2012.

As several well populated Catholic Dioceses merge in California, Nevada, and Hawaii - the kingdom, the power, and the glory shall be Sals, amen.

It is obviously not the best time for the Bishop to admit if he is a closeted gay cleric. It is additionally said to be obvious by many activists in the gay district of the City, the words of William Shakespeare that proclaim the now altered phrase: "He doth protest too much". Cordileone has been extremely vocal in his public stance against gay equality in marriage, and his firm commitment to lead the Catholic church in squashing laws that support the LGBT community.

" Bishop Sally", as he has been nicknamed by some in the gay community of San Francisco, will also supervise the Dioceses of Oakland, Marin, San Jose, Santa Rosa, Stockton, Sacramento, Reno, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, and Hawaii.

That's a lot of power to bestow on a man who was caught cruising while drunk in the San Diego college district after midnight on Saturday August 25 th , shortly after midnight. The Bishop was driving with his 88 year old mother, and his "male friend". When stopped at a sobriety check point by officer Mike McCullough, the illustrious Bishop blew over the legal limit, and was arrested. The Bishop has publicly admitted the incident, and has offered the usual professionally orchestrated public apology used by other clerical figures who have been busted for similar shameful deeds.
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8844 Feb 4, 2013
But apparently the more press-worthy suspicious details concerning the incident may have already been divinely cleansed by the damage control division of the Vatican. The sacrificial lamb may very well have shed its wool - to pull over the eyes of public scrutiny.

The original statement by the arresting officer reported that the male passenger cruising with Cordileone was "a young man". This report was repeated by the San Diego news, and the press in San Francisco as well. What is puzzling is that the 88 year old mother of Cordileone was asked to drive the Bishops vehicle home in the wee hours of the morning, instead of the young man.

This casts suspicion on the age of Cordileones young male companion, as the person who would have logically been asked to drive home by the police would have been a capable young man, and not an 88 year old woman. According to officers I interviewed, even if the male companion was from another state or country, and was licensed and old enough to drive, he would have been chosen to drive the vehicle - as opposed to the octogenarian mother of the Bishop.

Adding exponentially to the suspiciousness of the incident, is the lightning quick response by the Catholic Church,(or some other invisible entity), to have all press reports that mentioned the "young male companion" retracted, and wiped clean off the internet, almost immediately. The Diocese of Oakland itself reported early on that the "young man" was a young seminarian; but changed its wording quickly to "a visiting older priest" from another country.

One has to wonder, if in fact the "male friend" was just an innocent visiting elder priest, then why has his identity been wiped off the radar? And why has the description of the male companion that was admitted to early on, changed so dramatically? And most importantly, the testament of an arresting officer in a drunk driving case is deemed credible; officer McCullough would have surely been accurate is his description of viewing the young man, as opposed to viewing a mature older adult. There is little doubt that the officer would have been that confused.

The damage control on this incident has been so thorough, that all reports mentioning the "young male passenger" by the press have been eradicated. Google comes up empty handed when prompted for information that was first released by the press and the police concerning any mention of the young man.

Skeptics of the Catholic Churches handling of the incident proclaim that the answer to the question concerning the mysterious disappearance of the mention of the "young mans" identity is that the young male was gay, or under-aged -- or both. The apparent defensive reaction of the Catholic Church by ommitting early reports and statements seem to raise red flags at a higher altitude than Cordileones golden tiara.

It would have been more prudent if the identity and age of the male passenger was known to the public immediately; there would have been no harm done to the man if he was merely a cleric who was traveling with a Bishop.
(Continued)
As a clergy abuse victims advocate myself, I think the incident is alarming. It is alarming because the Bishop was abusing his own elderly mother. He was additionally placing other innocent people in harms way, including his nameless male companion. And it is most alarming because the Roman Catholic Hierarchy has a history of concealment, secrecy, and silence; and the suspicious erasure of the male companion casts a familiar doubt on the true facts concerning the incident.

As Bishop Salvatore Cordileone takes his throne this week, and continues his assault on the gay community, the reassembled words of Bill Shakespeare will surely and repetitiously continue to echo throughout the City; "The Bishop doth protest too much".
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8845 Feb 4, 2013
Corruption from the top down. This is what has become of our church

Where are "a few good men" in the clergy outraged by this appointment??

NOWHERE TO BE SEEN OR HEARD FROM!

Location hidden

#8846 Feb 4, 2013
Frank wrote:
The fish stinks from the head down!It is worse than Apostasy.
And the Vatican still defends the Vatican Council II. And the reason they want to keep the SSPX from being fully amalgamated into the Catholic Church, yet will accept priests from the Protestants.
They will not be satisfied until they have purged every good Bishop and Priest in the church, and exile them, and push every Gay Bishop and Priest into higher positions. How many are prepared to defend the True Catholic teachings? We must continue Frank to speak out and enlighten the parishioners to be vigilant, it is our duty.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

#8847 Feb 5, 2013
TRY TO START EACH DAY WITH THIS PRAYER

"Dear Almighty Lord God Jesus Christ, I thank you for this day, for this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
I thank you for my being able to see, and to hear, and to speak, and to feel, and to taste of Your good creation this day and every day.
I'm blessed because you are such a loving and such
a forgiving God, and such an understanding and caring God.
You have done so much for me and yet you keep on blessing me.
Forgive me this day for everything I have ever done, or ever said or ever thought
That was not pleasing to you. I say I am so sorry.
I now repent and ask for your forgiveness.
Please keep me safe O God From all danger, hurt, and harm.
Help me to start this day and every day With a new attitude and plenty of gratitude.
Let me make the best of each and every day, To clear my mind so that I can hear from you.
Please broaden my mind so that I can accept all things according to God's Will. Let me not whine and whimper
Over things I have no control over, for all things are working together for my good and God's Glory.
And when I'm pushed beyond my limits, give me the best response, a response which says Alleluia, and
Praise the Lord, and Thanks be unto the Most High God Almighty, I know that when I can't
pray, You listen to the prayer of my heart.
Continue to use me to do your will.
Continue to bless me so that I may be A blessing to others.
Keep me strong so that I may help the weak...
Keep me uplifted so that I may have Words of encouragement for the discouraged.
I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way, that they come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, even through this Prayer I am now praying.

I pray for those that are misjudged
Misguided, misused, and misunderstood.
I pray for those who don't know you intimately.
I pray for those who will delete this prayer
without sharing the Love of God with others
I pray for those that don't believe.
But I thank You, that I do believe
That God changes people and God changes things.
I pray for all my sisters and brothers.
For each and every one of the family members
In their households. I pray for peace, love, and joy
in their homes; I pray that they are out of debt
And that all their financial needs are met, and they have more than enough to be a blessing to others.

NOW TRY TO REFLECT ON THIS PRAYER AND MAKE IT AN ACTIVE PART OF YOUR DAILY ACTIONS. YOU WILL FEEL THE LOVE OF GOD SWELLING UP INSIDE YOU.

DOMINUS VOBISCUM
Lou Gia

Brooklyn, NY

#8848 Feb 5, 2013
Frank wrote:
The Vatican has been silent on the whole Cardinal Mahony thing too. And the evidence is there in his own words, how he deliberatly protected pedophiles and allowed them to continue to abuse boys. But Mahony is still a Cardinal, let alone a priest of good standing??
We were not surprised to see Anthony the EMs cursing rants on here again. Wasn't surprised to see him laughing on the altar with Msgr. Jim on Sunday either as he was about to give out the Eucharist. Because that's what you're supposed to do at that time, chit chat and laugh. But if he wants to curse and rage on here at us, because of his frustrations, better he does it here than to his poor wife and daughters. Still praying for Anthony the EM as are all of the people on Toni Pom Pom's prayer group for him. He should tell his "buddy" how much he supports NARAL.
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8849 Feb 5, 2013
Bruser wrote:
TRY TO START EACH DAY WITH THIS PRAYER
"Dear Almighty Lord God Jesus Christ, I thank you for this day, for this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
I thank you for my being able to see, and to hear, and to speak, and to feel, and to taste of Your good creation this day and every day.
I'm blessed because you are such a loving and such
a forgiving God, and such an understanding and caring God.
You have done so much for me and yet you keep on blessing me.
Forgive me this day for everything I have ever done, or ever said or ever thought
That was not pleasing to you. I say I am so sorry.
I now repent and ask for your forgiveness.
Please keep me safe O God From all danger, hurt, and harm.
Help me to start this day and every day With a new attitude and plenty of gratitude.
Let me make the best of each and every day, To clear my mind so that I can hear from you.
Please broaden my mind so that I can accept all things according to God's Will. Let me not whine and whimper
Over things I have no control over, for all things are working together for my good and God's Glory.
And when I'm pushed beyond my limits, give me the best response, a response which says Alleluia, and
Praise the Lord, and Thanks be unto the Most High God Almighty, I know that when I can't
pray, You listen to the prayer of my heart.
Continue to use me to do your will.
Continue to bless me so that I may be A blessing to others.
Keep me strong so that I may help the weak...
Keep me uplifted so that I may have Words of encouragement for the discouraged.
I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way, that they come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, even through this Prayer I am now praying.
I pray for those that are misjudged
Misguided, misused, and misunderstood.
I pray for those who don't know you intimately.
I pray for those who will delete this prayer
without sharing the Love of God with others
I pray for those that don't believe.
But I thank You, that I do believe
That God changes people and God changes things.
I pray for all my sisters and brothers.
For each and every one of the family members
In their households. I pray for peace, love, and joy
in their homes; I pray that they are out of debt
And that all their financial needs are met, and they have more than enough to be a blessing to others.
NOW TRY TO REFLECT ON THIS PRAYER AND MAKE IT AN ACTIVE PART OF YOUR DAILY ACTIONS. YOU WILL FEEL THE LOVE OF GOD SWELLING UP INSIDE YOU.
DOMINUS VOBISCUM
thanks Bruser. Love this
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8851 Feb 5, 2013
Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican has been silent on the whole Cardinal Mahony thing too. And the evidence is there in his own words, how he deliberatly protected pedophiles and allowed them to continue to abuse boys. But Mahony is still a Cardinal, let alone a priest of good standing??
We were not surprised to see Anthony the EMs cursing rants on here again. Wasn't surprised to see him laughing on the altar with Msgr. Jim on Sunday either as he was about to give out the Eucharist. Because that's what you're supposed to do at that time, chit chat and laugh. But if he wants to curse and rage on here at us, because of his frustrations, better he does it here than to his poor wife and daughters. Still praying for Anthony the EM as are all of the people on Toni Pom Pom's prayer group for him. He should tell his "buddy" how much he supports NARAL.
he hides his support of NARAL so as not anger his BFF

AFTER ALL HE IS THE HEAD Honcho EM.'s

Location hidden

#8852 Feb 6, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>he hides his support of NARAL so as not anger his BFF
AFTER ALL HE IS THE HEAD Honcho EM.'s
I guess the Apostasy of the Church is so widespread that only GOD can
straighten it out. I pray for that to happen every night before I go so sleep, and that Almighty GOD, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit will renew our Church back to the teachings and actions prior to the Vatican II Councils devastating experiment that has ended worse than where the church was prior to VTII. The Pope and the Vatican are so overwhelmed by what had happened since then that they do not have any answers. And yet the answer are starring them in the face. GO BACK TO PRE 1962 AND ACT AND TEACH THE CATHOLIC CATECHISM AS IT HAS BEEN TAUGHT SINCE ST. PETER AND THE APOSTLES. They were worried about the falling attendance at mass, and what have you now? They have embolden the liberals, homosexuals, pedophile Priests and Bishops, to expand their false teachings and actions. This is one of the crosses that our Lord said for us to pick up and follow him. We have no choice but to keep the faith, and to not fear speaking out as Jesus would want us to do. We have the weakness of the Vatican and the Popes, an American president that wants to do away with our constitution, and has been by-passing congress, furthering Abortions through-out the world, putting mandate restrictions that violate our rights, and the only thing missing is 666 on his forehead, which is probably under his skin. I feel this is the last stand for America. Liberals as in the Church, have taken over control of our educational system, bogged down our economic growth through regulations and mandates, created a young group of food stamp, lazy dependent on the government without working for it. Destroyed employment, and increase handouts both for Americans and illegal aliens, give rights and free medical coverage, increased Social Security age requirements, squandered the social security funds money since Lyndon B Johnson too that money and transfered it to the general fund so that they could spend more money on entitlements, and gain more votes. I pray every night that the American people will take the blinders off and react to their destruction and the destruction of the USA.
The Liberals have been working towards a one world body, that will negate out constitution, and those of every free nation in the world. It started with Woodrow Wilson and fortunately the US never joined as hard as Wilson tried,for the American people loved our country and our freedom, and refused to hand over to any other body our right to self determination.
fter a number of notable successes and some early failures in the 1920s, the League ultimately proved incapable of preventing aggression by the Axis powers in the 1930s. Germany withdrew from the League, as did Japan, Italy, Spain and others. The onset of World War II showed that the League had failed its primary purpose, which was to prevent any future world war. Just as the
League of Nations failed, so to is the UN failing for China, Russia, and the Islamic countries ignore the UN, and all of their sanctions are laughed at. Keep praying my friends, it is the strongest tool we have, and GOD hears fervent prayers and answers
the, according to his will. GOD Bless you All
Dominus Vobiscum

P.S. I will cease posting for lent as I have done every year.

Location hidden

#8854 Feb 7, 2013
Playing to the Base

Courage to Contradict
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Highway to Hell Robbery
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 1 hr Sambee 1,604
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 3 hr Ann 16,777
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Women's Fund of LI to Honor Four Long Island Women Wed WFLI 1
Why is Lindenhurst such a Ghetto? (Mar '10) Aug 25 I Hate Syracuse 682
American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Aug 11 Alice Broadhurst 40
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
•••

Melville News Video

•••
Melville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••