Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.

Comments (Page 365)

Showing posts 7,281 - 7,300 of7,853
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

GodBless wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the info. It's a shame that there would be "repercussions" to anyone especially Fr. Mason for trying to spread the mass which seems to have had such a great impact in the lives of the saints and Catholic history.
He has taken much flack from many within the diocese including from Bishop McGann (who hid the pedophile priests) and thanks to many who had interceded, including writing letters to the Vatican, was he allowed to continue at OLLMP. Had he played ball with the RVCD he probably would have been a Bishop. But he is dedicated to trying to lead all souls to heaven, and has spent his lifetime doing just that. I had told him last week that we are his children in the spirit. "GodBless" I pray for him every night, and ask our Lord to keep him with us for a very long time, and hope everyone that posts here does the same. Many that are lukewarm catholics are frightened to go to confession with him. Why? I have no idea, other than they feel he may see through their lukewarm masks.
His confession lines are longer than any other priest. I have gone there at 3:30pm on Saturday and after waiting, wasn't able to get in. Why? Because he takes an interest in everyone that he speaks to, just as a blood father would do with their child. I have found him to be one of the easiest to speak to, if you are honest and truly penitent of your sins, there is no shame in confessing them. Fr Mason does not look down on you, but will guide you on how to avoid sinning again. and it is the only way to clean your soul. Many that I know of keep putting off confession, and it only makes it harder to get back to confession as the dirt on our souls has piled up. Fr Mason would say "You wouldn't only dust off your furniture every six months would you?" No, it would be harder to clean and take much more time. Thank you for your posts "GodBless", I feel that we are kindred spirits, and your posts uplift me.
Dominus Vobiscum
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Bruser, Thanks again for the back round information. It is refreshing to know others that appreciate him for what he is I hate to say but he seems to be the last of a dying breed of great priests, well hopefully not. I'm newer to the parish but only missed his mass once due to travel. His sincerity really shines through. You can tell he cares about the truth over anything else and that's rare these days. My wife and I have long talks about his sermons and it helped her want to come to daily mass while she would not want to go every Sunday sometimes so you know he's doing his job. We're both young, younger than you've been married between the both of us but we see that a lot of older "pre-Vatican II" priests seem to have a lot more substance to what they preach not to generalize but the contents of this thread seem to be a small focus group. The priest that married us Fr. Mc Donald in St. Aidan's is another great priest that's had a huge impact on us and many others. To make a joke I know the church is against cloning but if we could clone some of these good priests maybe the world at least the Christian world would have much more unity, solid teaching and a stronger Faith. In reality we just need to continue to support the Church and a true respect for the sacraments no matter who's teachings don't leave as much of an impact. My great concern is the people our age and young children. They really need a strong faith and nothing watered down, they ARE the future Church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

GodBless wrote:
Bruser, Thanks again for the back round information. It is refreshing to know others that appreciate him for what he is I hate to say but he seems to be the last of a dying breed of great priests, well hopefully not. I'm newer to the parish but only missed his mass once due to travel. His sincerity really shines through. You can tell he cares about the truth over anything else and that's rare these days. My wife and I have long talks about his sermons and it helped her want to come to daily mass while she would not want to go every Sunday sometimes so you know he's doing his job. We're both young, younger than you've been married between the both of us but we see that a lot of older "pre-Vatican II" priests seem to have a lot more substance to what they preach not to generalize but the contents of this thread seem to be a small focus group. The priest that married us Fr. Mc Donald in St. Aidan's is another great priest that's had a huge impact on us and many others. To make a joke I know the church is against cloning but if we could clone some of these good priests maybe the world at least the Christian world would have much more unity, solid teaching and a stronger Faith. In reality we just need to continue to support the Church and a true respect for the sacraments no matter who's teachings don't leave as much of an impact. My great concern is the people our age and young children. They really need a strong faith and nothing watered down, they ARE the future Church.
Amen "GodBless" You are wiser than your age, and hearing from younger generation people as yourself, leads us to feel that the
true teachings of over 2000 will not be lost. If you haven't yet,
watch http://www.churchmilitant.tv/free/...
I particularly like the Vortex video by Michael Voris. Here is an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Michael Voris and his videos are also on youtube. There is more to pick up on churchmilitan.tv they also have the catholic new broadcasts. I usually try to post the Vortex from the youtube site as many can't open up the address I guess because they are not registered or members. In any event, I will continue posting the teachings.
God Bless you and your family and protect you from the fiery
darts of the Devil. St Michael defend us in battle.
Dominus Vobiscum
WestHempsteadGal

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>she is a wonderful lady WHG
Her faith and prayer life is truly something I aspire to. God bless her for taking such an interest in Anthony R. And praying for his conversion.
it is unbelievable to see Anthony go back and forth between "defending" Anthony and cursing everyone out, On "Anthony's" behalf of course. And then telling you Frank that you don't have the ____to talk to Anthony.and that you've never seen him! How would he know Frank who you see and talk to if he wasn't indeed Anthony the EM?? it just becomes too confusing for him to keep up with!

Frank, are you and Lou going to the Men's Club Oktoberfest..in January? If you do, get some good photos!! Lol
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
it is unbelievable to see Anthony go back and forth between "defending" Anthony and cursing everyone out, On "Anthony's" behalf of course. And then telling you Frank that you don't have the ____to talk to Anthony.and that you've never seen him! How would he know Frank who you see and talk to if he wasn't indeed Anthony the EM?? it just becomes too confusing for him to keep up with!
Frank, are you and Lou going to the Men's Club Oktoberfest..in January? If you do, get some good photos!! Lol
All part of Anthony's attempts to deny himself. It is funny though, to see him pretend to be someone else. Just imagine the stress it must be for him to pretend all the time.As for the October fest, I wouldn't miss it for the world! Maybe then Anthony and I can "square off"-- that is of course, he isn't the Pastor's valet that night or part of the band???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Anthony you have so many good people praying for you, and rooting for you. Do you realize what you are becoming? You must ask our Lord for his healing mercy. It will not be easy, and you must desire it, as we all have.
O St. Paul, the Apostle , preacher of truth and Doctor of the
Gentiles, intercede for us to GOD who chose you, for this healing of our brother Anthony. You are a vessel of election O Saint Paul the Apostle, Preacher of truth to the whole world.
O GOD, you have instructed many nations through the preaching of the blessed Apostle Paul. Let the power of his intercession with you help us who venerate his memory this day aid us in the healing of Anthony our brother in Christ who has lost his way.
Amen
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
He has taken much flack from many within the diocese including from Bishop McGann (who hid the pedophile priests) and thanks to many who had interceded, including writing letters to the Vatican, was he allowed to continue at OLLMP. Had he played ball with the RVCD he probably would have been a Bishop. But he is dedicated to trying to lead all souls to heaven, and has spent his lifetime doing just that. I had told him last week that we are his children in the spirit. "GodBless" I pray for him every night, and ask our Lord to keep him with us for a very long time, and hope everyone that posts here does the same. Many that are lukewarm catholics are frightened to go to confession with him. Why? I have no idea, other than they feel he may see through their lukewarm masks.
His confession lines are longer than any other priest. I have gone there at 3:30pm on Saturday and after waiting, wasn't able to get in. Why? Because he takes an interest in everyone that he speaks to, just as a blood father would do with their child. I have found him to be one of the easiest to speak to, if you are honest and truly penitent of your sins, there is no shame in confessing them. Fr Mason does not look down on you, but will guide you on how to avoid sinning again. and it is the only way to clean your soul. Many that I know of keep putting off confession, and it only makes it harder to get back to confession as the dirt on our souls has piled up. Fr Mason would say "You wouldn't only dust off your furniture every six months would you?" No, it would be harder to clean and take much more time. Thank you for your posts "GodBless", I feel that we are kindred spirits, and your posts uplift me.
Dominus Vobiscum
are you aware that the pastor "does not do.." Confessions at Oll??
Anyone answer that for me? Something is going on with msgr Jim. He seems to be extremely distracted and spending less and less time at the rectory. Also, once again he mentioned his fictional age at mass?? Why?
His birthdate is April 7 1952. That makes him more than halfway to 61 years old! I don't get it??

Something is very strange about his behavior, sorry to say. I've tried to call him several times . No answer. Come on Jim -- I know you almost 40 years what's going on? WHG did don tell you about running into Tim?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

A Happy New Year to all. May our Lord and GOD bless you all with Good Health and joy. May he protect and send the Holy Spirit over the United States of America, and revert our country and people back to the land that was "One Nation UNDER GOD" as we were, and should be once again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text> are you aware that the pastor "does not do.." Confessions at Oll??
Anyone answer that for me? Something is going on with msgr Jim. He seems to be extremely distracted and spending less and less time at the rectory. Also, once again he mentioned his fictional age at mass?? Why?
His birthdate is April 7 1952. That makes him more than halfway to 61 years old! I don't get it??
Something is very strange about his behavior, sorry to say. I've tried to call him several times . No answer. Come on Jim -- I know you almost 40 years what's going on? WHG did don tell you about running into Tim?
Frank, Did you tell the office who you were? Is this a direct line to him? Is he caught between a rock and a hard place? Between the Bishop and the Liberals at OLL? Did the situation with Mathew Blockley completely set him off? My Daughter and her family were anticipating his coming in as Pastor, and we both sat there amazed by his actions, and the lack of what we had expected, and felt as if something had been torn out of us.
I know that I had felt that way when I had followed Fr Francis McNutt, buying his books, attending his appearance at the Worlds Faire stadium, only to hear that he left the Catholic Church to marry.
I would hate for you to experience that, particularly that you have known him all those years. I fear that Anthony has his ears, and Msgr needs Anthony to continue what he is doing. I will pray that he answers your telephone call. Try it again, and identify yourself if you get the answering machine. In truth, I am not his fan, and understand much about politics in and out of the Church.
I had to resign from my Business Agents Job with the union when my friend who was the president of the Local, shafted one of the departments I had under me, and gave work to the department that the Secretary of the local had, so that his department could get overtime money, instead of giving it back to the department that the work originally came from. Politics is a very dirty business, and it destroys your soul. I pray that he answers you Frank, I know what that kind of rejection is like.
Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Lou told me that at yesterday's 10:30 mass the pastor , once again, brought up that he is "59" years of age??? Again, something is wrong and this constant effort to convince the parishioners that he is not "60" is very very strange.

I know he is somewhat vain, known that since HS-- but to fudge your true age is just silly. Lou tells me that Anthony, once again, put himself on the schedule to be EM yesterday. As usual, the chuckling and giggles continued on the altar

As for calling him, I have tried to reach out to him via the rectory. I do have his cell number but don't feel it's appropriate to call it and yes, of course I identified myself.
Saw him at the 40th reunion (class of 1970). We all toasted to turning 60 years old and 40 years out of Maria Regina.

Happy New Year to all!!

Frank
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen "GodBless" You are wiser than your age, and hearing from younger generation people as yourself, leads us to feel that the
true teachings of over 2000 will not be lost. If you haven't yet,
watch http://www.churchmilitant.tv/free/...
I particularly like the Vortex video by Michael Voris. Here is an example:
Michael Voris and his videos are also on youtube. There is more to pick up on churchmilitan.tv they also have the catholic new broadcasts. I usually try to post the Vortex from the youtube site as many can't open up the address I guess because they are not registered or members. In any event, I will continue posting the teachings.
God Bless you and your family and protect you from the fiery
darts of the Devil. St Michael defend us in battle.
Dominus Vobiscum
Thanks. It's good to know they have that. Have a Happy New Year.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Frank wrote:
Lou told me that at yesterday's 10:30 mass the pastor , once again, brought up that he is "59" years of age??? Again, something is wrong and this constant effort to convince the parishioners that he is not "60" is very very strange.
I know he is somewhat vain, known that since HS-- but to fudge your true age is just silly. Lou tells me that Anthony, once again, put himself on the schedule to be EM yesterday. As usual, the chuckling and giggles continued on the altar
As for calling him, I have tried to reach out to him via the rectory. I do have his cell number but don't feel it's appropriate to call it and yes, of course I identified myself.
Saw him at the 40th reunion (class of 1970). We all toasted to turning 60 years old and 40 years out of Maria Regina.
Happy New Year to all!!
Frank
Frank this is what I got on Anywho

Find it on
Paid Advertising
Get Address & Phone Number for James Lisante
Name Age Location
James Lisante 60 Massapequa Park, NY
James Lisante 60 West Hempstead, NY
James Lisante 60 Mattituck, NY

And this from Verizon:
James P Lisante
James R Lisante
James Lisante
60 Massapequa Park, NY
West Hempstead, NY
Rockville Centre, NY
Seaford, NY
Mattituck, NY Cecelia Lisante
Cecile M Lisante
Nicholas James Lisante
Patricia M Lisante

And this at People Search:
We found James P Lisante!
Address History
Massapequa Park, NY
West Hempstead, NY
Mattituck, NY
Wantagh, NY
View More
Aliases

Relatives
Nicholas Lisante
Joan Lisante
Cecelia Lisante
Natasha James
View More
Worked at
Tomorrows Hope Foundation
This information for purposes of identification only (not included in reports)

James P Lisante, 60
Massapequa Park, NY

So if I had to guess, I would say that you were 100% correct.
Why the confusion? Is that the reason Anthony went on the attack when everyone wishes Msgr a happy 60th birthday??? Quite possible.
Anyhow, You were correct once more Frank, no need to doubt yourself.
Dominus vobiscu
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

This is the sole reason Anthony decided to post on this forum!!
Remember how angry he became shortly after I wished the pastor a happy 60th birthday?

Anthony took it very very personal. I still don't know why? What's the big deal? From there he degenerated into a first class profane -fueled malcontent .

Very strange, to say the least. WHG grew up with the pastor and went to grade school with him and I went to HS with him. Why go berserk over such nonsense??

Ps. Al gore is the biggest jerk that' ever walked this earth. Dodging taxes and selling his failing left wing network to Al Jeerzera What a dolt
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

I think one of the many great things about the Catholic church is that it's Catholic (Universal). You can go virtually anywhere in the civilized world to attend mass and Christ is always present at each mass. Christ can do no wrong but obviously man can. Either way I find it extremely impressive that the church has been in existence unceasingly for almost 2000 years. So many great or not so great nations have came and gone but the one true church remains. This is another reason we know Christ is present will the church. Jesus said the gates of hell will not overcome it. Any impediment or division in the church I feel some sort of evil must be behind it. God Unites satan divides. From the schisms to the protestant reformation to any false teachings. Whatever divides usually isn't good but the truth can usually be seen on both sides. This can be seen with the Society of St. Pius X to breaks in the church from the second Vatican council as well as the Orthodox churches even through there is a divide each branch has their own argument as to why they steer in that direction. Personally I feel whatever brings you closer to Christ and truly changes you for the better as a person and a Catholic is where you should be. I also believe there is more to it than that. I read that St. Thomas More said that he did not base is conscious and morals solely on personal beliefs but that he believed " that one Discovers the moral order " We don't decide the truth, we discover it. In his case he discovered and believed the Church and stood by his conscious and faith even unto death. In doing so he became a Saint and the patron saint of politicians, statesmen and lawyers. Just think how much better the world would be today if our Catholic politicians, statesman and lawyers had the same zeal for Christ and his Church as St. Thomas More did? Wow it would be much, much better. My point in writing this is that I believe that "discovering of moral order" for Catholics today should be the same as it was for St. Thomas More. Follow the Holy Father the Pope and the teachings of the Church. Today that means the Vatican II council and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Pope Benedict IV clearly states his views and has written many books. I personally think that we should Unite as Catholics and follow him as much as possible. I say as much as possible because many priests and even nuns today do not! This sure isn't the time for Disobedience to Christ and his Church that goes for ALL members clergy and lay people. Personal beliefs should Not be the only way we base our morals as Catholics. Abortion, same sex marriage, contraception, divorce, mass attendance, confession, not receiving communion when in mortal sin or not in a state of grace. These are not options! The "secular" world is crazy and complicated enough the "inside world" of the church should not be. I say we pray for ALL priests and clergy from Msgr Lisante to Fr. Mason and every other priest at OLL and the world. Pray but not accept anything less than what Jesu expects as members of his Church. As many believe Fr. Mason has stuck to the Pope's teaching and Church teachings to a T in my opinion. Others not so much but like Pope Benedict also said. "The way of Christ isn't always comfortable but we are not made for comfort we are made for greatness" I don't think there should even be an argument about it Choose GREATNESS not Lukewarmness.
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

GodBless wrote:
I think one of the many great things about the Catholic church is that it's Catholic (Universal). You can go virtually anywhere in the civilized world to attend mass and Christ is always present at each mass. Christ can do no wrong but obviously man can. Either way I find it extremely impressive that the church has been in existence unceasingly for almost 2000 years. So many great or not so great nations have came and gone but the one true church remains. This is another reason we know Christ is present will the church. Jesus said the gates of hell will not overcome it. Any impediment or division in the church I feel some sort of evil must be behind it. God Unites satan divides. From the schisms to the protestant reformation to any false teachings. Whatever divides usually isn't good but the truth can usually be seen on both sides. This can be seen with the Society of St. Pius X to breaks in the church from the second Vatican council as well as the Orthodox churches even through there is a divide each branch has their own argument as to why they steer in that direction. Personally I feel whatever brings you closer to Christ and truly changes you for the better as a person and a Catholic is where you should be. I also believe there is more to it than that. I read that St. Thomas More said that he did not base is conscious and morals solely on personal beliefs but that he believed " that one Discovers the moral order " We don't decide the truth, we discover it. In his case he discovered and believed the Church and stood by his conscious and faith even unto death. In doing so he became a Saint and the patron saint of politicians, statesmen and lawyers. Just think how much better the world would be today if our Catholic politicians, statesman and lawyers had the same zeal for Christ and his Church as St. Thomas More did? Wow it would be much, much better. My point in writing this is that I believe that "discovering of moral order" for Catholics today should be the same as it was for St. Thomas More. Follow the Holy Father the Pope and the teachings of the Church. Today that means the Vatican II council and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Pope Benedict IV clearly states his views and has written many books. I personally think that we should Unite as Catholics and follow him as much as possible. I say as much as possible because many priests and even nuns today do not! This sure isn't the time for Disobedience to Christ and his Church that goes for ALL members clergy and lay people. Personal beliefs should Not be the only way we base our morals as Catholics. Abortion, same sex marriage, contraception, divorce, mass attendance, confession, not receiving communion when in mortal sin or not in a state of grace. These are not options! The "secular" world is crazy and complicated enough the "inside world" of the church should not be. I say we pray for ALL priests and clergy from Msgr Lisante to Fr. Mason and every other priest at OLL and the world. Pray but not accept anything less than what Jesu expects as members of his Church. As many believe Fr. Mason has stuck to the Pope's teaching and Church teachings to a T in my opinion. Others not so much but like Pope Benedict also said. "The way of Christ isn't always comfortable but we are not made for comfort we are made for greatness" I don't think there should even be an argument about it Choose GREATNESS not Lukewarmness.
Amen!
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
GodBless, my Amen! is that I believe you to be searching(as am I)
for Unity in our catholic church. I had written much in answer to your post, but somehow it was deleted as I tried to post it. St Paul had written that "we must all work out our salvation". In my Amen to your post, I do not want you to believe that I agree that whatever it takes to keep peace within the catholic Church is good. In my search for truth, I feel always, that we find GOd on the Altar at every Catholic mass. Someone I have gotten to know has written many books and has a website called, www.christorchaos.com . I do wish you would visit that site,including the http://www.christorchaos.com/BlessedPaulTheSi... . I was very dismayed when I saw the video's shown on the news of Pope JPII sitting before an African Witch Doctor listening to his invoking of the "Spirits" to come down" Also his listening to the Chief Rabbi indicating that the Jewish people are awaiting the coming of Christ. I know that Revelations speaks of 144,000 Jews converting the world to Jesus.
As that is written by St John, as told to him by Jesus, then why would any Pope sit and listen to a Rabbi saying that the Jews were still waiting for "Christ to Come?", when we claim to believe that Jesus is the Christ? I can only follow what my spirit leads me to believe, and I am led to believe in what the church has taught up to 1962, prior to the Vatican Council II.
But that is only what I believe. I also believe that the church is being destroyed from the inside by the Apostasy that has gained support from the Vatican. The message of "Our Lady of Akita" had warned of such an occurrence happening to our Catholic Church. The fact that 52% OF catholics voting for a politician running for a second term as president, after his HHS edict,forcing the catholic Church to Cover contraception pills,and probably also the "day after abortion pill", shows you how the sheep have been mis-guided by our leaders of the church. Explain to me the fact that the Pope declared that any politician that believes in Abortions "Should not receive communion", and that priests and Pastors have ignored this edict from the Pope. I had read that Cardinal Dolan has given communion to a rich woman, believe to be the next Mayor of New York, who is a confessed Lesbian and married to a woman. I had seen Msgr Lisante give communion to Tom Suozzi, a professed believer of Abortion. How can that happen when Msgr is so dead set against Abortions??? People look at what is done, not by what is said. Is there special dispensation to those who are politicians, or who are extremely rich? Their question is "What would Jesus do?" One bad act by a priest can affect hundreds. One bad act by a Bishop can affect Thousands. One bad act(like inviting Obama to The Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation dinner) by Cardinal Dolan affected hundreds of thousands. One bad act by a Pope, affects Millions of catholics. The question remains, "What would Jesus do?"
Dominus Vobiscum
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Slaying the Dragons:

Same sex marriage:

Saints and Sinners:
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

I've taken a look at that web site christ or chaos. A lot of articles are on that site. I wish his writing style was more "readable" but I think I get the gist of what his writings. I saw how he wrote about Fr. Mason it shows that he influenced even the most critical of the critics. He seems to know A lot about U.S. history, politics and Church law. My personal opinion is that even though he knows a lot I feel as if his heart is in the right place but his mind isn't (not to say he isn't a extremely intelligent man) Your right when you say that we're both searching for Unity in the Catholic church. I also would love to do my part in Uniting Christianity as whole back into the fold of the Catholic church. To me those who are what they call "sedevacantists" first of all to even be one you I would assume have to know much about Catholic history and have strong feelings about it to say the least. My main problem with that way of thinking is that you have so many "mainstream" problems as you addressed within the church such as priests and bishops who don't follow the popes positions on issues such as not giving holy communion to abortion supporting politicians as well as not enforcing many other main issues that our directly taught. I recently read the book The Mass by Cardinal Donald Wuerl and I found it very informative on the history and symbolism of each aspect of the mass. He straight forwardly explains in a whole chapter Preparing For Mass all of the guidelines that you where discussing and what Fr. Mason also preaches from the pulpit. Again it really boggles my mind that so many people seem to be against what is taught. It's viewed as negative but it's not like Fr. Mason or any other good priest is making this stuff up! They're doing their job. Would you complain to a golf coach or any other coach for that matter if they didn't tell you what your doing wrong and need to fix? If so you wouldn't expect to be very good or improve! and that's a sport not GOD and your Soul we're talking about. Anyway this all brings me back to that web site and the thinking of many who don't believe in the Vatican II at all. I ounce thought in a similar way (not like I have that much experience or even lived through it) I could be dead wrong this is just what I personally observed. I feel that those totally opposed even though that have Many valid points are just too much of a sitting target to be labeled and cast aside. To put it better what they have in historical fact that lack in Effectiveness.
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Lacking the effectiveness to make true progress is what I believe happens when you "branch off" so to speak. It's like a father or uncle who is so sick of his family he just leaves them and complains about their wrongdoings with others who feel that same way he might be totally justified in doing so but he cannot be effective unless he's "in the mix" or back in the family trying to help. Sort of like an actual good politician (if that's even possible) getting involved to make a change instead of keeping his good character away from the political realm altogether. One man or woman could make a difference. If you look back to the reformation from Johannes Gutenberg's printing to martin luther's break from the church and the revolt he started. I think that in luther's case in my opinion a bad man made a difference. I can't help thinking sometimes if God is just laughing at all this because he allowed it to happen or if the devil really just wanted to divide the church in attempt to destroy it. I think the last 500 years have had such an impact with the Bible spread though out the world and used more as a weapon at times than the Word of God. One of many examples is the KKK (who where bible reading protestants) somehow using the word of God to commit the most horrible acts imaginable and also discriminate against Catholics as well. The Knights of Columbus rallied against them but still even today many African Americans are more protestant than catholic. From what I've encountered the main "flaw" so to speak in protestantism sure isn't lack of knowing scripture but lack of HISTORY of the early Church and sometimes ridiculous interpretation of scripture. Not to mention the thousands of different denominations which is what the Catholic church back then warned against
GodBless

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

The point I'm trying to make is that maybe what needs to be done is instead of breaking off from the church even more as many sedevacantists and other sects have done is to try to bring back the separated denominations back into the church. I'm no professional diplomat but how hard could it possibly be to bring back the Anglicans and the Orthodox churches? Maybe very hard but they say you cannot solve a problem on the same level or state of mind it was created. Plus the fact that nothing is impossible with God. I mean how can anyone look back at that sham of a man Henry the VIII and not see that he was WRONG. I've had success talking to "protestant" or "nondenominational" church goers and simply pointing out a few things from history that gives them that "ahaa" and they come to respect Catholics and even become Catholic. The same with Lutherans I mean God help us how can they not realize their religion was started from a demented loon. Maybe that's a bit harsh but have you seen the book on the jews he wrote? Sure he was a great business man but if rupert murdoch started his own branch of Christianity I don't know who would actually take him seriously. I think that way to much knowledge is out there that if presented in the right way, at the right time, with the right people could have a major impact on Uniting Christians than further branching off. Much of what you wrote about Pope John Paul II I see where your coming from I also see that he might be a "horse of a different color" so to speak. He did things and went places no other Pope has ever done. Maybe just mayybe he was trying to be too diplomatic. Who you surround yourself with Always has an impact on you. Maybe he was too close to politicians similar to a way a priest that this thread was started about was :). You can never make Everyone happy but I feel Pope JPII did much, much more good than bad. He touched so many peoples lives and I would think brought more to the faith that not. It might just be my young age but he seems to me to be very beloved and for good reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,281 - 7,300 of7,853
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melville Discussions

Search the Melville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr lionland 6,326
Debate: Health Care - East Northport, NY (Nov '09) 8 hr Cpl Christopher Scherer 5
Fake Prostitute Snares 20 Men In Bay Shore Sting (Aug '06) 12 hr Billy Bong 60
What Needs to Change in Lindenhurst (Jun '08) 13 hr BARBARA 244
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,324
Review: Smugglers Jacks (Oct '13) Fri Chris 2
95 year old (Oct '13) Fri Hollis Warner 2
•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••