Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Judged:

I recently moved to Lindenhurst - in the Venetian shores area. I live on a canal on almost a dead end/cul-de-sac street. I thought when I bought the house - I would be owning a bit of the Long Island Dream - a house on the water!!

My dream might be turning into a nightmare!! I am noticing that there is a lot of traffic on my street late at night.(possible drug deals??) and just got news that a neighbor caught a man that came wading through the canal up on her bulkhead and masturbated right there on her deck while peering in through the window!! This was almost at 11pm at night!!

Any suggestions to alleviate my fears? Should I call the police and express my conerns? Local legislators, etc?
Bwood 85

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Judged:

Wear shoes when your on the neighbors deck.
NorthLindyGuy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

lynsar wrote:
I recently moved to Lindenhurst - in the Venetian shores area. I live on a canal on almost a dead end/cul-de-sac street. I thought when I bought the house - I would be owning a bit of the Long Island Dream - a house on the water!!
My dream might be turning into a nightmare!! I am noticing that there is a lot of traffic on my street late at night.(possible drug deals??) and just got news that a neighbor caught a man that came wading through the canal up on her bulkhead and masturbated right there on her deck while peering in through the window!! This was almost at 11pm at night!!
Any suggestions to alleviate my fears? Should I call the police and express my conerns? Local legislators, etc?
Stuff like that happens everywhere no matter where you are. Also thats one of the wealthier parts of Lindenhurst so if you don't like it there you would be best moving somewhere entirely different. Also if you see a crime occur you have every right to call the police.
Congress

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

lynsar wrote:
Call Peter King. He has a lot of experience with outdoor masturbation.
Anthony O

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Judged:

You moved in to Swindlehurst the White Trash Ghetto and a trailer park with out wheels neighborhood of Suffolk County. Congrads

Keep your shades closed you got peeping creaping neighbors in that area and a few level I sex offenders that do not show up on meagens list law..
frank

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

lynsar wrote:
I would get some deck shoes.
really

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Just because you have cars on your block you have drug deals. Yes run to homedepot and buy big bolt locks and security cameras.
Yes go to the village and talk to the really nice men shawn and Dougie they will help you! Then again the man on the deck was probably shawnie!

Really I'm sure it was a real isolated incident.Relax and enjoy your new home Im sure it will all work out fine. Next time call the cops on the creep!
Scott Paris

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Judged:

Lindenhurst is a hell hole:

Cars parked on front lawns.

Boats parked in the street all year long.

back yard mechanics working on cars, doing brakes, removing motors int he streets. leaving greese and oil stains all over the streets.

Tanner park the white trash picnic area and trashy boat launch.

More sex offenders live in Lindenhurst than mastic and Shirley together!

Swindlehurst - or AKA welfare collectores or workers compensation scammers of Long island!
jethro J

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Judged:

I lived in Lindenhurst for 20 years. I moved out when I turned 22 y/o. I moved and never looked back. I have always been embarised to say I lived there, when someone in college asked where I was from I always said Islip.
living in Lindenhurst growing up was tramatic, bad kids, dirty, filthy, discusting area. People sleeping in cars, drunk drivers all over, sleazy bars, girls were getting cherry popped at 12 y/o.
Lindenhurst was the white trash ghetto so true.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Thats Lindenhurst the place where crime drugs thrive and other sex offender crimes are prevalent in the day light and in parked cars. This area is known to be loaded with drugs, drunks, welfare trash and lots of disability fraud and abuse.
neighbor ned

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Swindlehurst is a great place for people to do drugs...drink alcohol....harass neighbors...and still feel good about themselves...just because they came to an understanding that they are useless in a productive society

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melville Discussions

Search the Melville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Island near Buffalo overrun by hundreds of cats 10 hr Cat got your tongue 3
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 12 hr Lumpy Churchhill 6,372
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 17 hr mjak 1,568
Review: Normandy Garden Apartments (Sep '08) 19 hr Billy Jonesa 18
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 20 hr Bruser 2,263
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Wed Bruser 7,860
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Tue Gravity Pete 670
•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE