Jury convicts man of sex act

Full story: Newsday

A Suffolk jury convicted a Huntington Station man of sexually assaulting a young child, but acquitted him of other charges, Suffolk prosecutors said.
Comments
21 - 36 of 36 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stranger

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

shavone wrote:
my name is shavone I've been trying to find out what happened to donnell I am so happy to hear he could be getin out I was with him for 5 yr and I knew in my hart he could have never done this all the crazy phone calls I got from his wife I know all her eggs wear not in a row I'm praying he come home soon and get his life back to his fam don't know if you remanber me but be strong and god bless
Well now he's a free man. I pray the jury in his retrial got it right. The prosecutors didn't so he walks. My heart breaks for that innocent child. God bless her and watch over her.
fred

Leicester, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

stranger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now he's a free man. I pray the jury in his retrial got it right. The prosecutors didn't so he walks. My heart breaks for that innocent child. God bless her and watch over her.
I predict in 6 months he'll be back in a cage where he belongs
LI Gal

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Judged:

Anyone named Donnell is probably a guilty sob.
LI Gal

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Or a basketball player.
One pissed off brother

Garfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Judged:

stranger wrote:
<quoted text>
the jury did get it right jerk my brother would never do anything like that I wish u or one of ur family members would go through this so u can see how messed up it is for a innocent man to spend 5 yrs of his life caged up for somthing he didnt do go blow ur self then ur father
One pissed off brother

Garfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Judged:

fred wrote:
<quoted text>I predict in 6 months he'll be back in a cage where he belongs
i predict ur a fairy giving it all for an bono cd
One pissed off brother

Garfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

LI Gal wrote:
Or a basketball player.
ur a horrible person i Pray to god people like u cant have kids
LI Gal

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Judged:

Donnell sounds like a regular name for an inmate or a welfare collector.
stranger

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

One pissed off brother wrote:
<quoted text> the jury did get it right jerk my brother would never do anything like that I wish u or one of ur family members would go through this so u can see how messed up it is for a innocent man to spend 5 yrs of his life caged up for somthing he didnt do go blow ur self then ur father
I didn't suggest that the jury got it wrong. I only say I pray they got it right. If you are Donnell's brother, then I understand that you'd want to passionately defend him if you believe he is innocent. However, I am an outsider looking in. Fate brought me to this case, and all I can say is that a verdict of not guilty is not the same as saying that Donnell Thomas is innocent. I sincerely hope he is innocent. At the same time I also feel compassion for the child at the center of this case, for I feel there is no doubt she has been a victim. This is not to say that Donnell is the person who victimized her, but the fact remains, this child has been damaged, so I pray for her well being. I wish you and your family well.
LI Gal

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Donnell=guilty.

That simple!
Stranger2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

I agree with "stranger". By law, any defendant is innocent until proven guilty.. In this case, Donnell was NOT proven guilty. This does not mean he did not commit this crime, but that is something we will never know. We can only hope that since he now has a second chance at life, he moves on from this, learns from this and stays away from trouble. I feel for both Donnell and the little girl who accused him of this. Both have been hugely affected by this. My heart sincerely goes out to the both of them.
JJj

Lincoln Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2011

One pissed off brother wrote:
<quoted text> the jury did get it right jerk my brother would never do anything like that I wish u or one of ur family members would go through this so u can see how messed up it is for a innocent man to spend 5 yrs of his life caged up for somthing he didnt do go blow ur self then ur father
I was part of the Jury pool for 3 days until I was let go-when I first heard the case I looked at donnell as a animal, after lisening to DA &when she asked me if I could if I could convict on the little girl testmony alone, I thought they had a weak case. After reading this I think the jury got it right.God bless the little girl.
Juror

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Yo, there are some Real Ignorant statements on here...ESPECIALLY Fred & even more so LI Gal!! Were either of u witnesses to the alleged crime?? If not, enough with the slanderous statements!! I sat there for 2 weeks looking at Donnell & he certainly didn't look guilty...but besides that, Keylonda's testimony, Dejah's testimony & lack of physical evidence...all point to NOT GUILTY!! Now that I've read some statements of things that were omitted in trial, I'm Really Happy that we came to the verdict that we did :) It was one of our thoughts, that Dejah had been previously molested...and it now comes out that she was :( SO SAD, my heart goes out to her!! Also, Keylonda seemed a bit unstable (from prior testimony that was read back to us) & some of the statements above...kinda confirm that she was. Again, I just served on the jury that set Donnell free & I'm happy I was, cause there's a LOT of IGNORANT MOFO's out there, that would've let a hard working man rot in jail, on nothing more than he said she said.
FYI...if found guilty, Donnell would've been out in 6 months anyway...
PS...Best Wishes to Donnell, his family & friends...CONGRATULATIONS!!
No Name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Just wondering how Donnell is doing??
peace and love

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Donnell didnt do that to that girl. His girlfriend was lying the whole time. I know that family very will and know he will never in his life do that to that girl. My kids love him. He always play with my daughters and my son too. He's a good father to his kid's. I'm go glad he came home to his family march 2011. Now he is getting his life together. Now he has a son. He is engage to a woman I believe that lives in Manhattan. I saw the woman and she is very nice. I just wish him &#65279;the best in life.
peace and love

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

No Name wrote:
Just wondering how Donnell is doing??
Donnell is doing alright. He is engage to a woman I think she live in &#65279;the city. He haves 2 jobs and doing well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE