Jury convicts man of sex act

Full story: Newsday 36
A Suffolk jury convicted a Huntington Station man of sexually assaulting a young child, but acquitted him of other charges, Suffolk prosecutors said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kimberley W Bethea

Omaha, NE

#2 May 3, 2007
I am the younger sister of Donnell and I want the world to know, "MY BROTHER IS INNOCENT". The only crime he is guily of is marrying that girl. My brother worked 2 to 3 jobs to support his family. The 3 girls and his wife. I couldn't afford to be at his trial because I live in Nebraska however I will be at the sentencing. There was no eveidence and yet my brother has been convicted. Please don't let them do this to my family because "MY BROTHER IS INNOCENT". Please don't take this as just a comment ... this is a cry for HELP. The child was 7 yrs old and her testimony was thrown out, Donnell asked for DNA & Poloygraph tests to prove his innocence, and his requests were denied. The mother Keylonda Thomas changed her story several times and her credibility was never questioned. When confronted by the police my brother was playing a video game. Why didn't he run if the mother caught him redhanded? How many sex offenders get caught in the act of molestation,(the mother frantic), and sit down to play a video game? I have more details regarding this case however, my brother has been labeled a monster already. Please someone, anyone, everyone, help. It is true Donnell has a criminal history and he has paid for his mistakes. He was judged according to his past, when he was a boy. Judge my brother for the man he is and the father he was. Before I go, I want the world to know: My brother never called and said he was arrested, Keylonda did. My brother called crying,(verbatim)"I'M NEVER GONNA SEE MY BABIES AGAIN.... THEY'RE GONNA THINK I'M A MONSTER... SHE TOOK MY BABIES." When you put him in jail it won't hurt him because his life was taken away when he lost his family. Where's justice when you need it.
Juanita Thomas

Omaha, NE

#3 May 3, 2007
Iam Donnell's Thomas Mother I live in Omaha Nebraska. I feel that my son did not recieve an fair trial. I say this because the Jury threw out the little girl's statement. The child Daysha Miller was 6 years old at the time of the so said incident.Anyone who knows my son Donnell (Beany) would know that he did not commit this crime. My son is no child molester, He married Keylonda miller because he discovered that Daysha was being molested by one of Keylonda's family member; My son tried to help save the child from that abuse. Donnell married Keylonda and started working 2 jobs sometimes 3 jobs to support this woam and her two children. My son and keylonda had a baby together named trinity; My son kept on working 2 jobs sometimes 3 .Keylonda had an adulterous affair on my son and became pregeant by another man and had the baby;but instead of asking my son about getting an divorce she made up this outrageous lie about him molesting Daysha,to get rid of him. I know that my son have a past record with the law but it was nothing about no child molesting and my son served his time for that in juneville detention. I give anyone permission to look up my son's past record.There was no evidence presented to the jury.the jury judged my son on hearsay from Keylonda's sister who wasn't even there at the time of the so-called incident.Donnell took an lie detestor test and passed it.So why did my son get convicted for a crime that he didn't commit ?
Juanita Thomas

Omaha, NE

#5 May 3, 2007
I am Donnell's Thomas mother from Omaha Nebraska:and I really do feel that my son Donnell did not recieve a fair trial. The jury threw out the little girl's statement.Daysha was 6 years old at the time of the so called incident.Anyone who knows Donnell (Beany) knows that he wouldn't do such an thing. My son Donnell married Keylonda miller because he discovered that Daysha was being molested by some male in Keylonda's family. My son thought that by marrying keylonda he could save Daysha from such abuse.So Keylonda and Donnell got married. My son started working 2 sometimes 3 jobs to take care of his wife and 2 step daughters. Keylonda got pregeant by Donnell and had a baby girl named trinity. My son kept working trying to take care of his family.Keylonda then had an adulteroous affair on my son and got pregeant by another man and had the baby but instead of telling Donell that she wanted an divorce Keylonda made up this outrageous lie about Donell molesting Daysha just to get rid of Donnell.
I know that my son has a past record with the law but his record is nothing of this . I give my permission for anyone to look up my son's past record.Donnell served his time in juenville detention for his mistakes in the past. The jury knew that there was no evidence presented at the trial Because Donnell is innocent.Donnell took an lie detector test and passed it. so why did they convict my son ?Because of hearsay the jury heard from Keylonda's sister who wasn't even there at the time of the so -called incident. Is that Justice? I think not.
Brucinda Thomas

Omaha, NE

#6 May 3, 2007
I am Donnell's youngest sister. My brother is innocent. Donnell passed a lie detector test and was unheard throughout this trial. The accuser, his current wife, is said to be unstable and may suffer from post traumatic stress syndrome. Her accusations are completely false. The child in question had been previously abused under the mother's supervision and those facts too went unquestioned. Donnell has been sentenced for a crime he did not committ. Whomever may read this: PLEASE WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! We believe strongly that Donnell is innocent. We are currently raising money for Donnell's attorney to appeal the decision. PLEASE PRAY for my family. My brother is not the pervert society and the judicial system has made him out to be. We love him dearly. He has a daughter of his own that was in his care at the time of the accusations. It's not in him to do these terrible things that he's been accused of. Whatever you can do please. We can't let another innocent black man go to jail because of negligence on the judicial system's behalf. FREE DONNELL THOMAS!!!
An enquiring mind

Omaha, NE

#7 May 4, 2007
Did the jury convict an innocent man? I know so.How can a woman start her testimony under oath with a lie? Isn't that called purjury?Keylonda Miller had everyone even me believing that her and Donnell E. Thomas was married;she even swore under oath in her testimony to convict Donnell that they were married and Donnell was her husband,but is this true? No,there is no legal evidence of Keylonda Miller and Donnell E.Thomas ever being married. so how can a jury convict Donnell E.Thomas with no legal evidence presented ?Donnell E.Thomas was convicted because of a lie.The lie that Keylonda Miller made up and got everyone even to myself to believe. Now is that Justice? enquiring minds want to know.
dismissed juror

Ronkonkoma, NY

#8 May 16, 2007
I was a potential juror on this case. I was dismissed because of my profession as a psychologist. I would like to know why the girl's testimony was thrown out. Based on pre-trial questioning of jurors that appeared to be the basis for the prosecutions case. I find child molestation abhorant but felt that this was going to be a difficult case for the prosecution. I also am curious about the defendant's prior conviction(s) and whether that was introduced as evidence against him.
Kimberley W Bethea wrote:
I am the younger sister of Donnell and I want the world to know, "MY BROTHER IS INNOCENT". The only crime he is guily of is marrying that girl. My brother worked 2 to 3 jobs to support his family. The 3 girls and his wife. I couldn't afford to be at his trial because I live in Nebraska however I will be at the sentencing. There was no eveidence and yet my brother has been convicted. Please don't let them do this to my family because "MY BROTHER IS INNOCENT". Please don't take this as just a comment ... this is a cry for HELP. The child was 7 yrs old and her testimony was thrown out, Donnell asked for DNA & Poloygraph tests to prove his innocence, and his requests were denied. The mother Keylonda Thomas changed her story several times and her credibility was never questioned. When confronted by the police my brother was playing a video game. Why didn't he run if the mother caught him redhanded? How many sex offenders get caught in the act of molestation,(the mother frantic), and sit down to play a video game? I have more details regarding this case however, my brother has been labeled a monster already. Please someone, anyone, everyone, help. It is true Donnell has a criminal history and he has paid for his mistakes. He was judged according to his past, when he was a boy. Judge my brother for the man he is and the father he was. Before I go, I want the world to know: My brother never called and said he was arrested, Keylonda did. My brother called crying,(verbatim)"I'M NEVER GONNA SEE MY BABIES AGAIN.... THEY'RE GONNA THINK I'M A MONSTER... SHE TOOK MY BABIES." When you put him in jail it won't hurt him because his life was taken away when he lost his family. Where's justice when you need it.
child advocate

Ronkonkoma, NY

#9 May 16, 2007
So you are saying this mother forced her 7 year old child to lie in court regarding being sexually abused in front of strangers in order to end a relationship with her husband?

If he did this he deserves worse then jail time.
Juanita Thomas wrote:
I am Donnell's Thomas mother from Omaha Nebraska:and I really do feel that my son Donnell did not recieve a fair trial. The jury threw out the little girl's statement.Daysha was 6 years old at the time of the so called incident.Anyone who knows Donnell (Beany) knows that he wouldn't do such an thing. My son Donnell married Keylonda miller because he discovered that Daysha was being molested by some male in Keylonda's family. My son thought that by marrying keylonda he could save Daysha from such abuse.So Keylonda and Donnell got married. My son started working 2 sometimes 3 jobs to take care of his wife and 2 step daughters. Keylonda got pregeant by Donnell and had a baby girl named trinity. My son kept working trying to take care of his family.Keylonda then had an adulteroous affair on my son and got pregeant by another man and had the baby but instead of telling Donell that she wanted an divorce Keylonda made up this outrageous lie about Donell molesting Daysha just to get rid of Donnell.
I know that my son has a past record with the law but his record is nothing of this . I give my permission for anyone to look up my son's past record.Donnell served his time in juenville detention for his mistakes in the past. The jury knew that there was no evidence presented at the trial Because Donnell is innocent.Donnell took an lie detector test and passed it. so why did they convict my son ?Because of hearsay the jury heard from Keylonda's sister who wasn't even there at the time of the so -called incident. Is that Justice? I think not.
child advocate

Ronkonkoma, NY

#10 May 31, 2007
I beieve under the rape shield law, the victim's name and identifying information are protected and should not be published on this blog.
Juanita Thomas wrote:
Iam Donnell's Thomas Mother I live in Omaha Nebraska. I feel that my son did not recieve an fair trial. I say this because the Jury threw out the little girl's statement. The child Daysha Miller was 6 years old at the time of the so said incident.Anyone who knows my son Donnell (Beany) would know that he did not commit this crime. My son is no child molester, He married Keylonda miller because he discovered that Daysha was being molested by one of Keylonda's family member; My son tried to help save the child from that abuse. Donnell married Keylonda and started working 2 jobs sometimes 3 jobs to support this woam and her two children. My son and keylonda had a baby together named trinity; My son kept on working 2 jobs sometimes 3 .Keylonda had an adulterous affair on my son and became pregeant by another man and had the baby;but instead of asking my son about getting an divorce she made up this outrageous lie about him molesting Daysha,to get rid of him. I know that my son have a past record with the law but it was nothing about no child molesting and my son served his time for that in juneville detention. I give anyone permission to look up my son's past record.There was no evidence presented to the jury.the jury judged my son on hearsay from Keylonda's sister who wasn't even there at the time of the so-called incident.Donnell took an lie detestor test and passed it.So why did my son get convicted for a crime that he didn't commit ?
Joe Rose from 790

Miami, FL

#11 Jun 6, 2007
Let your Brother or Son do his time....I will pray for him
Kimberley W Bethea

Omaha, NE

#12 Oct 12, 2007
The case has been through many loop holes and the facts still remain. After the conviction, the girl's mother is now trying to make arrangements fof Donnell to have visitations with the girls. Including the so-called 'Child Victim', my niece. Donnell was convicted solely on the testimony of his girlfriend (the girl's mother), and yet she began her testimony with a lie. Stating her and Donnell were legally married, when they weren't even common law. I'm disgusted in the Criminal Justice System, there's no room for rehabilitation. During the trial, Donnell's criminal history was never brought forth. However, after the conviction, his lawyer bluntly states, "Well, he was an animal anyway, look at his past". It's like he never had a chance. Once you've been convicted of anything, then it's likely you could be convicted of everything.
TYPICAL AMERICAN

Istanbul, Turkey

#13 Oct 12, 2007
With close to 1,1/2 million people locked up in the wonderful american justice system this joe rose says it exactly right because as long as its not happenıng to himself or someone he cares about then fck it .Now thats a typical american 4 u.
Joe Rose from 790 wrote:
Let your Brother or Son do his time....I will pray for him
NICE LAWYER

Istanbul, Turkey

#14 Oct 12, 2007
Sounds like he had a great defence team.
Kimberley W Bethea wrote:
The case has been through many loop holes and the facts still remain. After the conviction, the girl's mother is now trying to make arrangements fof Donnell to have visitations with the girls. Including the so-called 'Child Victim', my niece. Donnell was convicted solely on the testimony of his girlfriend (the girl's mother), and yet she began her testimony with a lie. Stating her and Donnell were legally married, when they weren't even common law. I'm disgusted in the Criminal Justice System, there's no room for rehabilitation. During the trial, Donnell's criminal history was never brought forth. However, after the conviction, his lawyer bluntly states, "Well, he was an animal anyway, look at his past". It's like he never had a chance. Once you've been convicted of anything, then it's likely you could be convicted of everything.
Kimberley W Bethea

Omaha, NE

#15 Dec 28, 2007
My brother is currently in the appeal process. Though in my heart I know my brother is innocent, I also know, he more than likely will carry the label of Sex Offender for the rest of his life. I look at my two son's and I fear their growth. All we can do now is pray and keep hoping. Hoping for all those in poverty whose financial status cripples them from justice and enables the justice system to cripple our people in life. Thank everyone for your comments and god bless you all.
tsan

Yonkers, NY

#16 Apr 13, 2009
i know this family and i hate to say so . the women in this family all have issues.for one how can she make arrangements for this child to see her molestor like nothing ever happened,thats sick#2 this poor child is ruined she not only was supposingly attacked by the husband or whatever but a family member too.I know the story of what happened, and if he did it that bastards sick and deserves to saty where he is but if he didn't god have mercy .the miller daughters are all poor mothers. you have one katwana who leaves her kids for weeks on end with no food or heat or hot water the other is cracked out and keylonda just dont care i pray for this child and hopes she heal ,and not allow this to affect her growth in life.
Uh oh

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Apr 13, 2009
I am the best friend of the next door neighbor whose friend from work lives down the street from someone who went to school with a guy who knows a woman who is the step-sister of a guy who knows a co-worker of Donnel's aunt, and I say...
Kimberley Bethea

Bellevue, NE

#18 Jan 27, 2010
I'm back people! The last time I left a message was some months ago but here I am again, with good news! My brother's conviction was over turned. Say what ya want, he is and has always been innocent and now we can prove it. I can't disclose the details right now but in time everyone will know the truth. Thank you to everyone who left comments of prayer and hope. Its because of people like you that people like my brother have a chance at real justice and forgiveness. He was a criminal. Then he was a father. Next he was the accused. And now....he's going to be a free man. God Bless!
Joe Giannino

Ottawa, Canada

#19 Feb 12, 2010
Kimberley Bethea wrote:
I'm back people! The last time I left a message was some months ago but here I am again, with good news! My brother's conviction was over turned. Say what ya want, he is and has always been innocent and now we can prove it. I can't disclose the details right now but in time everyone will know the truth. Thank you to everyone who left comments of prayer and hope. Its because of people like you that people like my brother have a chance at real justice and forgiveness. He was a criminal. Then he was a father. Next he was the accused. And now....he's going to be a free man. God Bless!
Kim, As you stated in an earlier post you were not there in court and I find it offensive for you to say his lawyer called him an animal after trial, that is a lie, his attorney felt and still feels he is innocent as we do. It's quite easy to rant on a post while other people as here trying to help him and take care of the things he needs.
Kimberley Bethea

Omaha, NE

#20 Mar 24, 2010
You're right Joe, I wasn't in the court room physically. What I know, is by way of third-party information and who know's what was said. In any case I'm just glad he gets to come home. Had I known then what I know now, perhaps I could have been of more assistance to my brother. That shouldn't suggest I don't care. You and you're family have carried the label of 'Angels' in my family for years and we are forever greatful for what you've done and continue to do. In the end, as stated before, I'M JUST GLAD HE'S COMING HOME!

“go yankees # 28”

Since: Mar 10

Phoenix,AZ

#21 Mar 24, 2010
Kimberley Bethea wrote:
You're right Joe, I wasn't in the court room physically. What I know, is by way of third-party information and who know's what was said. In any case I'm just glad he gets to come home. Had I known then what I know now, perhaps I could have been of more assistance to my brother. That shouldn't suggest I don't care. You and you're family have carried the label of 'Angels' in my family for years and we are forever greatful for what you've done and continue to do. In the end, as stated before, I'M JUST GLAD HE'S COMING HOME!
i just got out...and i'll be back in my cell soon enough....so will he
shavone

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Sep 24, 2010
my name is shavone I've been trying to find out what happened to donnell I am so happy to hear he could be getin out I was with him for 5 yr and I knew in my hart he could have never done this all the crazy phone calls I got from his wife I know all her eggs wear not in a row I'm praying he come home soon and get his life back to his fam don't know if you remanber me but be strong and god bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 14 hr Bruser 2,349
Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) 18 hr cathyphila 45
Letter: Save the Trees Wed Joe Krupinski 1
A dog gets oxygen from the Wyandanch-Wheatley H... (Mar '11) Nov 24 GladToBeOutOfLong... 12
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Nov 24 Bruser 7,924
Review: Nyhandymannow.com (Feb '14) Nov 24 Jonathan B 2
Former Copiague Restaurant from the 50's or 60's Nov 21 Steve 1

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]