Plainview man arrested in two assaults

May 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday

Detectives along with the Bureau of Special Operations officers arrested Lawrence Balter, 18, of 37 S. Oaks Blvd.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2013
Local from Plainview

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Must be all the heroin these kids have been doing. We need to stop the use of heroin around here. It's making people make terrible decisions. Lawrence used to be a really nice boy with good intentions. My daughter used to watch tell me about how good he was at handball.
Anon

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

You don't know anything so don't say anything. He doesn't do heroin, he just became associated with the wrong crowd. He's still a good kid.
Plainview mom

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Anon wrote:
You don't know anything so don't say anything. He doesn't do heroin, he just became associated with the wrong crowd. He's still a good kid.
No I heard that he leads the group. I believe she is right. I heard the same thing from my son. These kids need to stop causing problems. Plainview is a good town and it's being ruined by bad parenting and hard drugs.
Concerned mother

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

I think you mothers should keep your comments to yourselves, Larry is a good kid just running with the wrong crowd. If he is so bad maybe you should keep an eye on your kids because apparently they were hanging out together. Talk about bad parenting, how about we all worry about our own kids and not everyone elses.
Plainview mom wrote:
<quoted text>
No I heard that he leads the group. I believe she is right. I heard the same thing from my son. These kids need to stop causing problems. Plainview is a good town and it's being ruined by bad parenting and hard drugs.
Plainview Mother

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Obviously Larry is not a good kid. I heard this is the 5th kid he has assaulted in a month. I remember I once had a conversation with him 2 years ago and he seemed like the nicest kid in the world. I would have never seen this to be the outcome for this young man.
Concerned mother

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Can I ask you a question, you keep saying I heard, I heard where did you hear this from...apparently not a reliable source. Unless you know this first hand because your kids are very close friends with him. Stop with the gossip it's mothers day go spend time with your kids, unless they just don't want to be bothered with you!
Plainview Mother wrote:
Obviously Larry is not a good kid. I heard this is the 5th kid he has assaulted in a month. I remember I once had a conversation with him 2 years ago and he seemed like the nicest kid in the world. I would have never seen this to be the outcome for this young man.
Jess

Tenafly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Plainview Mother wrote:
Why don't you stop listening to rumors and mind your own business. Nobody needs your comments and you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Just because you hear something doesn't mean it's the truth, and you really shouldn't be repeating things unless you know for sure. He is a good kid with a good heart and he made a mistake, but that does not make him a bad person. You don't know the whole story so why don't you shut up and keep your stupid comments to yourself.
Old friend

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Can someone please share a link to this article? I cant seem to access it. Larry use to be a close friend and its very disheartening to hear such news.
Ice Pick Justice

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

His rear end will be a valued commodity in the big house
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Ice Pick Justice wrote:
His won't be, but your mother's mouth probably is.
A Plainview Mom

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Everyone could see this happening for years!!! Violent guy on heroin !!!!
A Plainview Mom

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

The only way for him to have some type of normal adult life is if he served a few years, just to grow up..... I have watched him grow up for over a decade, he needs true guidance, and serving a few years out of a lifetime might possibly give him a positive future, for his sake. If he walks he might kill someone....And any idiot that thinks this behavior is ok, has worse problems then Larry...And will just look like a fool...
A Plainview Mom

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

@ concerned mother,
Grow up!!!!!! I know him very well he is a BAD KID THAT PROBABLY IS IN CHARGE OF THE BAD CROWD!!!!
Ice Pick Justice

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Just lock him up and throw away the key. We don't need dangerous people walking our streets
Al Busillo

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Concerned mother wrote:
I think you mothers should keep your comments to yourselves, Larry is a good kid just running with the wrong crowd. If he is so bad maybe you should keep an eye on your kids because apparently they were hanging out together. Talk about bad parenting, how about we all worry about our own kids and not everyone elses.
<quoted text>
Larry is a skumbag.
Anonymous

Summit, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Ice Pick Justice wrote:
LMFAO botchilism
Anon

Summit, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO botchilism
Botchilism is rotten meat in a can?
Anon

Summit, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Botchilism is rotten meat in a can?
Oh wait I get it lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE