South shore learning center in Westbrook

Posted in the Melville Forum

Comments (Page 13)

Showing posts 241 - 260 of499
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CindyLou

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#243
Feb 5, 2013
 
report sent wrote:
Sent to the AG office. Next up suffolk DA. Please send your otherwise your bitching is just a waist of time.
You'll get the best bang for your buck by sending copies of everything school closing,lease,papers linking ownership of preschl to gov andrew cuomo. he's looking to make a point.
Send a packet to John Hildebrand @ Newsday and there's someone @ the Babylon Beacon who's not so fond of her, send there too.
WestSideIslip

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#244
Feb 5, 2013
 
report sent wrote:
Sent to the AG office. Next up suffolk DA. Please send your otherwise your bitching is just a waist of time.
I guess you've got to put your faith somewhere.
WestSideIslip

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#245
Feb 5, 2013
 
CindyLou wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll get the best bang for your buck by sending copies of everything school closing,lease,papers linking ownership of preschl to gov andrew cuomo. he's looking to make a point.
Send a packet to John Hildebrand @ Newsday and there's someone @ the Babylon Beacon who's not so fond of her, send there too.
Yeah, no, I don't think so, and I know you mean well, and you should certainly try, I would be pleasantly surprised, and I would love to be proven wrong for a change, but sadly, I doubt it.
Slowmyroll

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#246
Feb 5, 2013
 
Turn coat/kiss up, slow my roll, in-ground pool, way to go!
WI Resident

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#247
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

andrew wrote:
<quoted text>
A. superintendent doesn't give correct answers all the time
B. wouldn't calling her be asking her to her ear?
C. you don't get correct answrs all the time at boe meetings
D. what does a teaching certificate have to do w/the boe?
E. if the wbrk/preschool deal looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. The duck can say it's not a duck all it wants. It's still a duck.
Couldn't have said it better myself. The reason, i believe, many do not go to board meetings and ask questions is because they only answer with whatever spin they want to put on it. Remember, this is a board where all of the members vote in agreement 99% of the time. Maybe if one of them, just one, would challenge the decisions the other six make, like giving raises to every district employee when the taxpayers are suffering with this rotten economy, maybe if just one of them had the guts to actually represent the people of this town and not the administration and unions, maybe then it would be worth it to go to a board meeting. Last year the town had a chance to make a switch with members of the board but those who even bothered to vote chose to remain with more of what we have had for years now...an arrogant board that pretends to listen to the people but actually only listens to their own interests and votes accordingly. In the end this all falls on the people of this town. The board does what they do because they can. What do you expect? You watch, all of this talk against annmarie and what she may or may not have done will amount to nothing. She will be reelected this year because the overwhelming majority of the people in this town, sadly, just don't care and they show it by not voting. You don't think annmarie isn't already running through her rolodex shoring up her base votes? I'll be shocked if someone even challenges her after seeing the dirty tricks last year. No...this town is probably doomed becuse of the people who live here, not the board of ed.
WestSideIslip

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#248
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I would add something else. Many parents FEAR that to voice any negativity towards decisions made by the BOE and administration will adversely affect their children. They rightly believe that their child may be marginalized, and demeaned as a result. No one wants their children to deal with the fallout that they fear will stem from their position. It's just easier to go with the flow, not make waves, and follow the path of least resistance.
When decisions are made about the lives of children, passions run high, and no matter what that is the final determining factor.
report sent

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#249
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Forget the BOE meetings. It's time to start reporting this to:
newsday
suffolk DA office
Cuomo's office
AG office
anyone else please add

stop yapping on this board and yap where it counts.
Mr Grnspn

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250
Feb 5, 2013
 
One thing keeps coming back to me. Our Board of Education follows Robert's Rules of Conduct. Supposedly Annmarie La Rosa will recuse herself from voting on the Southshore Center Preschool lease of Westbrook. The following exerpt on recusal is from Robert's Rules of Conduct:

"No member should vote on a question in which he has a direct personal or pecuniary interest not common to other members of the organization. For example, if a motion proposes that the organization enter into a contract with a commercial firm of which a member of the organization is an officer and from which contract he would derive personal pecuniary profit, the member should abstain from voting on the motion." (Robert's Rules, 11th ed., p. 407.)

By recusing herself, Mrs. La Rosa is acknowledging a direct personal or pecuniary interest.
Pecuniary State

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251
Feb 5, 2013
 
I know for a fact there are no local graduates from Pecuniary State University. The Pecuniary Alumns all wear gold rings on their left pinkie fingers and wear them proudly for no ordinary person graduates from PSU. You need to be a rare breed to be considered part of the great Pecuniary institution
Jessica Horvath

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#252
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yes but there IS no pecuniary interest.

Maybe she should just abstain because of her personal relationship with Helene.....Although again, what does she stand to gain personally from voting in this transaction?

They aren't going to vote in front of us anyway. You will just hear the results at the next meeting.
report sent

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#253
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

anyone else going to report this?
WI Resident

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#254
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

***Y A W N***
report sent

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#255
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

WI Resident wrote:
***Y A W N***
maybe everyone is busy reporting this
Hillerybilly

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#257
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dr. Remulach, you had better watch your name calling, this is a very sensitive group of cry babies who can, like you, dish it out, but can't take it!
Hillerybilly

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#258
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

report sent wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe everyone is busy reporting this
I'll do one, what do I need to include?
Hillerybilly

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#259
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mr Grnspn wrote:
One thing keeps coming back to me. Our Board of Education follows Robert's Rules of Conduct. Supposedly Annmarie La Rosa will recuse herself from voting on the Southshore Center Preschool lease of Westbrook. The following exerpt on recusal is from Robert's Rules of Conduct:
"No member should vote on a question in which he has a direct personal or pecuniary interest not common to other members of the organization. For example, if a motion proposes that the organization enter into a contract with a commercial firm of which a member of the organization is an officer and from which contract he would derive personal pecuniary profit, the member should abstain from voting on the motion." (Robert's Rules, 11th ed., p. 407.)
By recusing herself, Mrs. La Rosa is acknowledging a direct personal or pecuniary interest.
I think it's just wonderful that we shut down an entire school in this town so that we can give it away for 10.00 a sq ft.

While we are at it, we should volunteer our time making sure the business has about as little overhead as possible, so only a profit can be made.

I've got an idea, let us go from town to town, in our free time, checking out the possibility of opening up sister pre-schools in the newly shuttered elementary schools all around the Island.

With a group effort, we all could help secure the future of this pre-k product, in every school district across the Island.

Just think, invision, this incorporated business, becoming the future of public school education, only AFTER, of course, the state purchases this product for millions of dollars.

See how giving things away, the spirit of giving, can bring other people good fortune? I'm all for it!
Mr Grnspn

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#260
Feb 6, 2013
 
Jessica Horvath wrote:
Yes but there IS no pecuniary interest.
Maybe she should just abstain because of her personal relationship with Helene.....Although again, what does she stand to gain personally from voting in this transaction?
They aren't going to vote in front of us anyway. You will just hear the results at the next meeting.
Mrs. Horvath the quote from Roberts Rules is " No member should vote on a question in which he has a direct personal or pecuniary interest not common to other members of the organization."

By Roberts Rules of Conduct, if the Southshore partnership is legally dissolved, Mrs. La Rosa would not willingly have to nor would she be required to recuse herself from a vote. If the Southshore partnership is legally dissolved Mrs. La Rosa would no longer have any pecuniary interest in the lease agreement for the Wesbrook property nor would Mrs. La Rosa have any direct personal interest in the lease agreement between Southshore Preschool and the district.
Mrs. La Rosa is recusing herself from the vote leads me to believe that she has sought legal advice should circumstances arise after the district's lease agreement with Southshore Preschool is executed.
Please be reminded that your claim of Mrs. La Rosa having no pecuniary interest is based on heresay from one or both parties directly involved in the transaction.
We in WIslip

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#261
Feb 6, 2013
 
Mr Grnspn wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. Horvath the quote from Roberts Rules is " No member should vote on a question in which he has a direct personal or pecuniary interest not common to other members of the organization."
By Roberts Rules of Conduct, if the Southshore partnership is legally dissolved, Mrs. La Rosa would not willingly have to nor would she be required to recuse herself from a vote. If the Southshore partnership is legally dissolved Mrs. La Rosa would no longer have any pecuniary interest in the lease agreement for the Wesbrook property nor would Mrs. La Rosa have any direct personal interest in the lease agreement between Southshore Preschool and the district.
Mrs. La Rosa is recusing herself from the vote leads me to believe that she has sought legal advice should circumstances arise after the district's lease agreement with Southshore Preschool is executed.
Please be reminded that your claim of Mrs. La Rosa having no pecuniary interest is based on heresay from one or both parties directly involved in the transaction.
Mr Grnspn do ya know Jessica Horvath tells everyone she has a doctorate in law? You'd never know it by the smack down she just got from you. You been school'd Crazy Jessica! You been school'd!
same old

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#262
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

crazy in WI wrote:
why does the wi little league need space????
blah blah blah your a clueless idiot.
They don't! it is just the same idiots going from the patch to topix throwing out their hate to spread rumors. That is what they do around here. If you don't get what you want when you want it you start spreading rumors about decent people who try to help and do good around town. What else is new? Say something smart instead of just trying to smear someones name just for the hell of it. Maybe just give the TRUE facts so people are informed, that would be a positive thing in this NEGATIVE world.
nauseous

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#263
Feb 7, 2013
 
same old wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't! it is just the same idiots going from the patch to topix throwing out their hate to spread rumors. That is what they do around here. If you don't get what you want when you want it you start spreading rumors about decent people who try to help and do good around town. What else is new? Say something smart instead of just trying to smear someones name just for the hell of it. Maybe just give the TRUE facts so people are informed, that would be a positive thing in this NEGATIVE world.
I know of people in this town who actually do good, they ask for nothing in return, accept nothing in return, know enough to step down when it's time,(to let others step in), and would never be caught up or associated with anything that could possibly reflect badly on their reputation. For everybody else, it's all about EGO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 260 of499
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melville Discussions

Search the Melville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 44 min Billy O Liar 6,353
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 56 min Jeanne 777 1,461
56th Fighter Group Restaurant to Shut Down (Jul '12) 58 min John Trickey 8
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 3 hr Bruser 2,255
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) 3 hr Sarah 60
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 20 hr Voter 16,767
Review: King Bear Auto Service Center Mon LorrelW 1
•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
Melville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••