Parental guidance: hand-me-down shoes...

Parental guidance: hand-me-down shoes are harmful

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 27, 2008, titled Parental guidance: hand-me-down shoes are harmful. In it, Newsday reports that:

My 2-year-old receives hand-me-down shoes from my friends' children. With the rising costs of daily living, shoes can be a big expense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

realistic

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

#1 Jul 28, 2008
I can see second hand shoes being harmful but whats wrong with a soft sneaker .
liner

Bronx, NY

#2 Jul 28, 2008
realistic wrote:
I can see second hand shoes being harmful but whats wrong with a soft sneaker .
Don't know about anyone else, but I would worry about hygiene. And I still think sneakers conform to your feet. Cmon, they're cheap enough!
good old germs

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

#3 Jul 29, 2008
Ever hear of natural immunity.Kids brought up with sprays and disinfectants are more likely to get colds & allergies .I let my kids play in the dirt, they share toys and they are super healthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 9 hr save your souls 2,848
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sat save your souls 8,760
News Developer Jerry Wolkoff seeks discount on Heart... Apr 16 Happy island 20
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) Apr 15 Mill Ania 340
Trump Slur Apr 13 Mill Ania 2
Help find someone who can castrate me. (Oct '16) Apr 12 bijohn55 11
News Cops: Man accused of stealing from his Farmingd... Apr 11 Sauerkraut 1

Melville Jobs

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages