Agreement reached on parking for Melv...

Agreement reached on parking for Melville Fall Festival

There are 12 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 29, 2008, titled Agreement reached on parking for Melville Fall Festival. In it, Newsday reports that:

A deal has been worked out between residents whose homes are next to F & W Schmitt Farms in Melville and the farm's owners over a proposed zone change to an undeveloped lot between the properties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Like people

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 29, 2008
moving next to an airport and complaining about the noise
time to move

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#2 Sep 29, 2008
It is so past time that normal people move off of Long Island. It is impossible to get any peace and quiet here.
A realistic LIer

Central Islip, NY

#3 Sep 29, 2008
This has been going on for ages, now people protest? Get a LIFE!!!

Try living on a main road and having to pick up garbage from your front yard every day.
Displayed Long Islander

Ashburn, VA

#4 Sep 29, 2008
The homes built around the Farm created an atmosphere of loud kids, increased traffic, eliminated farmland, and nosey neighbors. And THEY complain about the farm? Who was there first, the maze or the menches. As for the poor kiddies being scared by the noise, they'll be the first ones at the maze or running around rapping on doors dressed like ghosts, for crying out loud.
brian

Hauppauge, NY

#5 Sep 29, 2008
How typical of people to not give a crap about farms. These are the last few places on the island that still mean something and if these people would just live a little and have some fun with the farm owners it would make everyone a better person. Get off your high horses and enjoy the farm
no bailout

Denver, CO

#6 Sep 29, 2008
Displayed Long Islander wrote:
The homes built around the Farm created an atmosphere of loud kids, increased traffic, eliminated farmland, and nosey neighbors. And THEY complain about the farm? Who was there first, the maze or the menches. As for the poor kiddies being scared by the noise, they'll be the first ones at the maze or running around rapping on doors dressed like ghosts, for crying out loud.
you took the words right out of my mouth.
these "whining" people should just shut up and be grateful that the farm has donated/sold part of their land for THEM to live on and now they complain. this farm has been there longer than the "greens" or any other development in melville/dix hills. ungrateful people.
Moe Litvak

Huntington, NY

#7 Sep 29, 2008
brian wrote:
How typical of people to not give a **** about farms. These are the last few places on the island that still mean something and if these people would just live a little and have some fun with the farm owners it would make everyone a better person. Get off your high horses and enjoy the farm
yeah -- and just exactly how did those horses get high? another case of animal abuse i suspect. call SCSPCA.
i hate high horses. stumbling around the corral, giggling like fools, raiding the refrigerator in the middle of the night. degenerates!
ttt

Huntington, NY

#8 Sep 29, 2008
LOL what are they going to do next go to republic airport and complain about the jets flying overhead?

Would they rather have that or the farm get bought up and more houses go up?

How about they sell me one of their houses for 250,000. I would love to live next to a farm.
Al DeAngelo

Suffern, NY

#9 Sep 29, 2008
This reminds me of the morons who bought houses near Islip Speedway in the early 80's.They complained so much about the Saturday night noise the gutless politicos forced the track to close.So what did the idiots get? A cookie factory open 24/7/365 with semis making deliveries all night and the eternal smell of cookies baking. Careful what you wish for or beetch about.
tired of it

United States

#10 Sep 30, 2008
Very sad when a Fall Festival is dragged into court. Norman Rockwell Fall Festival it isn't. Very Sad how Long Island has crashed so much that a few weeks of Fun is stirred up by The New regime of Long Islanders.
What happened to Country Fairs? Just another example of Long Island being too crowded.

You complainers, your kids need to be taught that the screams are in Fun, stop raising sissies. It's a few weeks of Innocent fun.
URVermin

United States

#11 Oct 1, 2008
Oh boo-hoo, the poor little upscale types won't tolerate a few cars so that families can have a day out with their kids.

Let's all hope that when the economy turns, their's are the first homes and lives leveled.

You all make me sick.
Joey

Babylon, NY

#12 Oct 1, 2008
I noticed the prices for the maze and haunted house in todays newsday...what a rip-off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
iLoveKickboxing Hicksville (Jan '16) Fri melody 3
Review: Randazzo Construction (Jan '11) Thu Eglide 3
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) Apr 24 Van Buren St Guy 118
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Apr 24 Bianca mangiaracina 57
do anybody know the fortunato's (Mar '09) Apr 21 Jackass 48
Sammy's Inferno, Gardiner's Ave. off Hempstead ... (Sep '11) Apr 21 Elisabeth Vescovi 6
Drug Selling Mortorcycle rider(s) Apr 19 Kar-101 1

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages