The two faces of Harvey Finkelstein

The two faces of Harvey Finkelstein

There are 61 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 16, 2007, titled The two faces of Harvey Finkelstein. In it, Newsday reports that:

Joan Grochowsky, a 52-year-old Roslyn Heights woman hobbled by searing and mysterious back pain, drove with her husband in the summer of 1999 to the busy Plainview clinic of a doctor named Harvey Finkelstein.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Bet you

United States

#25 Dec 17, 2007
Biggots wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless of course it's good Christian priests having sex with little boys.
You biggots are true a holes.
Ah, let's see. Spitzer, Shummer, Silver, Bloomberg... Gee do we see a pattern????

I wonder why New York is going down the toilet.

Is it really bigotry to note that certain behaviors are associated with a group that consistenly acts in a given way?

All stereotypes are bassed in part on actual actions.

...---...
Bet you

United States

#26 Dec 17, 2007
DoNoHarm wrote:
<quoted text>
As* H*les Need Not Post. You Are Invisibile, Challenged,AND a Loser!
Everyone in America is entitled to their opinions and to free speech. If you don't like what they have to say, tough.

Besides the truth always hurts those who inflict hurt.

.
.
.
.
.
Nick

Armonk, NY

#27 Dec 17, 2007
SPINE DOC wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what you're talking about. Absolutely no clue.
WOW! What a well documented response. Much like the Scientologists who respond to facts by saying: "I feel sorry for you. You're ignorant."

QUACK QUACK QUACK
sad

Bronx, NY

#28 Dec 17, 2007
I don't care what this Liberal paper has to say.
this man is a doctor and even I know not to reuse needles.
he needs to be burned at the stake.
the amount of people he put at risk is enormous.and sickening
this is not the 70's where we were unaware of the risks.
this is 2007 please stop the garbage sue him for everything his family has.
Linda B

AOL

#30 Dec 17, 2007
the problem is that hes not a "bad" doctor, hes waaaaay too busy to really pay attention to most of what hes doing and makes these life-threatening mistakes.
I know, I was one of his patients and I got tested and have a positive for Hep C.
It doesn't mean hes not liable tho.

L
Hey Bet You

United States

#31 Dec 17, 2007
Your "truth always hurts" comment goes the same way - You ARE a bigot, that IS the truth, and you ARE hurt because you're spreading the hurt.(Your words, not mine) You take the action of one person and use it to generalize an entire population.
Should I use your theory of classification to say that all christian clergy are closet gays? I mean, there were TWO of those stories reported. And while I personally don't see anything wrong with homosexuality, isn't that against the principles of the religion? Extrapolating further, one could then surmise that Christians are being led astray by the very sinners they are purporting to save and redeem - making the whole religion a farce.
See how dangerous basing assumptions on one or two people can be??
Amen Harvey

Shoreham, NY

#32 Dec 17, 2007
"I am close to my God and dedicated to my religion..." -Harvey Finkelstein

That "God" is called "Mammon" and his "religion" is "Greed."

Since: Nov 07

New Rochelle, NY

#33 Dec 17, 2007
Linda B wrote:
the problem is that hes not a "bad" doctor, hes waaaaay too busy to really pay attention to most of what hes doing and makes these life-threatening mistakes.
I know, I was one of his patients and I got tested and have a positive for Hep C.
It doesn't mean hes not liable tho.
L
If he was too busy to pay attention to what he was doing, then intelligence should have dictated that he hold back on procedures. By the way, does anyone know how long it takes to switch to a new syringe or vial? I bet if he had to perform more than 30 of these procedures in a day, he might be spending another half an hour at most following proper medical and safety procedures.
I would love to be the prosecutor when the defense's excuse is "he was too busy"! No malpractice or negligence there!!!
former LIer

Saint Petersburg, FL

#34 Dec 17, 2007
Inject him with his own needles!!! Dirtbag!
Bet you

Ramsey, NJ

#35 Dec 17, 2007
Hey Bet You wrote:
Your "truth always hurts" comment goes the same way - You ARE a bigot, that IS the truth, and you ARE hurt because you're spreading the hurt.(Your words, not mine) You take the action of one person and use it to generalize an entire population.
Should I use your theory of classification to say that all christian clergy are closet gays? I mean, there were TWO of those stories reported. And while I personally don't see anything wrong with homosexuality, isn't that against the principles of the religion? Extrapolating further, one could then surmise that Christians are being led astray by the very sinners they are purporting to save and redeem - making the whole religion a farce.
See how dangerous basing assumptions on one or two people can be??
In your opinion.....

I am not a Christian. So much for your own bigotted asumptions.

Any individual whose motivation is for "things" and not for "people" is a hazard to all. It is not bigotry to note when someone is acting a stereotype.

Stereotype exist to make it easier for individuals to quickly identify those who may do them harm.

The hurt was created when this indiviudal made a conscious decision that it was fine to jeopardize the lives of others for...... what? Profit, Indifference, Ignorance, what?

Noting the suffering this individual created is not bigotry.

So let's talk stereotypes...

Fact is jewish individuals comprise an insignificant portion of the total NY and U.S. populations yet control a disproportionate number of the leadership positions in new york state. let's see schummer, silver, spitzer, bloomberg, etc; it is the case that disproportionate numbers of certain professions are occupied by jewish individuals. is it bigotry to note this fact? is it bigotry to ask why this is the case or should we accept that those of the jewish faith are "special" or are "god's chosen faith" and so deserve their position in our society?

do you really think trying to shout down everyone who wants to examine these circumstances is going to make bigotry and stereotypes go away?

if you want to change the world, change yourself. otherwise, you get what you get.

.......
Paulie Walnuts

AOL

#38 Dec 17, 2007
Bet you wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, let's see. Spitzer, Shummer, Silver, Bloomberg... Gee do we see a pattern????
Yeah, I do....Education, Success, Extraordinary Achievement, the ability to spell (certainly not shared by you), etc., etc....I'd always rather be a part of the group being made fun of due to ignorance and jealousy than be a part of the group that includes those such as yourself, i.e. the low-life, uneducated, indecent, scum blaming their troubles on everyone else. Deal with it ass&ole!!
Ron Zoni

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Dec 17, 2007
Just a little background info provided compliments of the New York State Department of Health.

Community Service Activity:
CHAIRMAN EMERITUS OF ANESTESIA - DEPT. OF ANESTHESIA OF ANESTHASIA NORTHSHORE & PLAINVIEW.
Member Dix Hills Jewish Center
Charity work for Yemin Orde Orphanage, and Nirim for under privilaged youths in Israel

Malpractice payments made on:
05-03-2007, 05-17-2005, 11-17-2004, 07-01-2003, 01-28-2003, 10-30-2002, 07-28-2000, 04-28-2000, 04-20-2000, 04-09-1998
Grandma from Commack

Freeport, NY

#40 Dec 17, 2007
Paulie Walnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I do....Education, Success, Extraordinary Achievement, the ability to spell (certainly not shared by you), etc., etc....I'd always rather be a part of the group being made fun of due to ignorance and jealousy than be a part of the group that includes those such as yourself, i.e. the low-life, uneducated, indecent, scum blaming their troubles on everyone else. Deal with it ass&ole!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you - What this "so called doctor" did is beyond understanding - whether it be stupidity, greed or some other manifestation of omnipitence. None of this has anything to do with his RELIGION, RACE, COLOR OR ETHNICITY. Watch out people, your stupidity is showing.(There are competent, intelligent, healing Chiropractors as well as quacks as there is any other profession. Just ask someone who's quality of life has been substantially made better by intelligent chiropractic treatment!!!!
Bet you

Ramsey, NJ

#41 Dec 17, 2007
Paulie Walnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I do....Education, Success, Extraordinary Achievement, the ability to spell (certainly not shared by you), etc., etc....I'd always rather be a part of the group being made fun of due to ignorance and jealousy than be a part of the group that includes those such as yourself, i.e. the low-life, uneducated, indecent, scum blaming their troubles on everyone else. Deal with it ass&ole!!
boy oh boy you really showed me.

thank you for showing us all why people are bigotted toward those of the jewish faith.

you're the reason why people like the nazi's have a platform from which to do harm.

...
LI Parent

Yonkers, NY

#42 Dec 17, 2007
Maya wrote:
"While Finkelstein has remained publicly silent, he has communicated through his profile on the physician Web site run by the state health department."
Where is the link?
here's the link

http://www.nydoctorprofile.com/welcome.jsp
Hey Bet You

United States

#43 Dec 17, 2007
Bet you wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion.....
I am not a Christian. So much for your own bigotted asumptions.
Any individual whose motivation is for "things" and not for "people" is a hazard to all. It is not bigotry to note when someone is acting a stereotype.
Stereotype exist to make it easier for individuals to quickly identify those who may do them harm.
The hurt was created when this indiviudal made a conscious decision that it was fine to jeopardize the lives of others for...... what? Profit, Indifference, Ignorance, what?
Noting the suffering this individual created is not bigotry.
So let's talk stereotypes...
Fact is jewish individuals comprise an insignificant portion of the total NY and U.S. populations yet control a disproportionate number of the leadership positions in new york state. let's see schummer, silver, spitzer, bloomberg, etc; it is the case that disproportionate numbers of certain professions are occupied by jewish individuals. is it bigotry to note this fact? is it bigotry to ask why this is the case or should we accept that those of the jewish faith are "special" or are "god's chosen faith" and so deserve their position in our society?
do you really think trying to shout down everyone who wants to examine these circumstances is going to make bigotry and stereotypes go away?
if you want to change the world, change yourself. otherwise, you get what you get.
.......
A) Nowhere on the post did I say "You" or "Your" when discussing Christianity. I have no idea what religion (if any) you are. So there goes your "Bigotted (sic) assumptions" comment.(And apparently spelling is not a strong point either)

B) You say that Jews make up an "insignificant proportion of the total US and NY populations yet control a disproportionate number of the leadership positions in new york (sic) state." Last time I checked, the vote into office was by MAJORITY. If Jews are an "insignificant proportion", then it stands to reason that someone else (Non Jews) must have voted them into office. After all, an "insignificant proportion" wouldn't have the numbers necessary to vote anyone anywhere, correct? Basic math. So, who then, is to "blame"? Could it be that those people who were indeed voted in were the best candidates (which is why they were voted for in the first place), and the fact that they are Jewish is inconsequential to anyone but yourself?

If you are going to talk facts, you have to look at ALL the facts, not just the ones that appeal to you.

just a thought

Levittown, NY

#44 Dec 17, 2007
Bet you wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, let's see. Spitzer, Shummer, Silver, Bloomberg... Gee do we see a pattern????
I wonder why New York is going down the toilet.
Is it really bigotry to note that certain behaviors are associated with a group that consistenly acts in a given way?
All stereotypes are bassed in part on actual actions.
...---...
You really hit the nail on the head..."certain behaviors are associated with a group that acts in a given way." I agree with you. What you failed to mention, though Jews are proportionatly a very small part of the population, some names that have distingushed themselves in America. How about Albert Einstein, Dr. Jonas Salk, Admiral Hyman Rickover, Louis Brandeis, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and in the entertainment field, how about Harrison Ford, Michael Douglas, Paul Newman, Goldie Hawn, Dustin Hoffman, Benny Goodman, Herb Alpert, Stan Getz, Percy Faith, etc.,etc.
songbird

Livingston, NJ

#46 Dec 17, 2007
just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
You really hit the nail on the head..."certain behaviors are associated with a group that acts in a given way." I agree with you. What you failed to mention, though Jews are proportionatly a very small part of the population, some names that have distingushed themselves in America. How about Albert Einstein, Dr. Jonas Salk, Admiral Hyman Rickover, Louis Brandeis, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and in the entertainment field, how about Harrison Ford, Michael Douglas, Paul Newman, Goldie Hawn, Dustin Hoffman, Benny Goodman, Herb Alpert, Stan Getz, Percy Faith, etc.,etc.
let them do without the Jews...and all the things we've brought to the world. like the polio vaccine, antibiotics, digitalis, microprocessing chips, electric lamps, loudspeakers, synthetic rubbe...the list goes on.

idiots and bigots seem to be all over these boards.
Bet you equals douche bag

AOL

#47 Dec 17, 2007
It would almost be worth it for there never to have been a Jonas Salk just to watch Bet You's parents and assorted pigmie family members limp around and die from polio a few decades back. Nah, as demented as he is, the millions saved are probably worth a bit more. Just a bit.
Joe g

Bronx, NY

#48 Dec 17, 2007
So many comments from people who have no idea what a doctors lives with on a daily basis. First, Just because a doctor is sued does not mean he did anything wrong. The legal community has destroyed thousands or doctors without sympathy or recourse. A soon as a suit is created, the settlement wheels are in motion, fast payday for no work, just an accusation is good enough. The malpractice rates are upwards of $45,000.00 a year for this specialty. Where is the money suppose to come from? Wait until there are no longer any doctors to treat your ILLS. Maybe your lawyers can cure your pain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FHA Mortgage Focus Fuels Lend America's Rise (Jan '09) 48 min BRIAN FRIED Inven... 835
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 4 hr Murph 2,107
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 6 hr Bruser 8,594
Help find someone who can castrate me. (Oct '16) Thu Cubtx 8
What happened to Copiague? Wed EastDrive 1
Neighbors and dogs Wed Brooklyn Grandma 1
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Wed Bruser 2,760

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages