town hall agenda: babylon

town hall agenda: babylon

There are 74 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 24, 2008, titled town hall agenda: babylon. In it, Newsday reports that:

BABYLON Unless specified, meetings are at town hall, 200 E. Sunrise Hwy., North Lindenhurst.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
trying to stay in ny

Bronx, NY

#68 Jan 10, 2009
Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>He did redo the beach and built that great spray park for the kids. More then I can say about the village..
Okay, he did that but it was for the Whole Town of Babylon, what is being done in the Village
bubba

AOL

#69 Jan 13, 2009
I got fired from Burger King.I love Lamp!
Democracy United States

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#70 Jan 21, 2009
Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>Who is paying their sewer bill, garbage pickup and over crowding of schools? Not one illegal renter is paying ten thousand for theie children to be educated..get real
It's on the taxpapers property tax bill. The property owner does pay.

And NO ONE GETS AWAY WITH SENDING THEIR KID TO SCHOOL. Look what I wrote in the beginning in this post. IT IS A WAY FOR THE VILLAGE/TOWN TO TAX YOU TWICE SO YOU CAN LOSE YOUR HOME.
Democracy United States

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#71 Jan 21, 2009
Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>Who is paying their sewer bill, garbage pickup and over crowding of schools? Not one illegal renter is paying ten thousand for theie children to be educated..get real
Then please go call them up and say I want to register my child but I'm not a property owner in Lindenhurst. See if they are going to let you for free.

What are you saying the renters (there's nothing illegal about having a place to live) when the teacher is not looking they put their kid in the classroom?

What are you imagining?
Ellen

United States

#72 Jan 22, 2009
Democracy United States wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on the taxpapers property tax bill. The property owner does pay.
And NO ONE GETS AWAY WITH SENDING THEIR KID TO SCHOOL. Look what I wrote in the beginning in this post. IT IS A WAY FOR THE VILLAGE/TOWN TO TAX YOU TWICE SO YOU CAN LOSE YOUR HOME.
Yes nobody sends the children to school for free. Yes but ILLEGAL renters should not be putting their children in school district. Are you saying if I rent my home out to illegals or legals with their 20 children they are entitled to go to school for free? The taxpayers should pickup the tab for extra trash from the household. Do you really think anyone signs up their children. Hi I live at 55 n whatever I rent an illegal apt what do I owe in tuition? You must have an illegal apt or you wouldn't feel this way. you want to rent make it legal and pay the higher tax.
Democracy United States

United States

#73 Jan 22, 2009
Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes nobody sends the children to school for free. Yes but ILLEGAL renters should not be putting their children in school district. Are you saying if I rent my home out to illegals or legals with their 20 children they are entitled to go to school for free? The taxpayers should pickup the tab for extra trash from the household. Do you really think anyone signs up their children. Hi I live at 55 n whatever I rent an illegal apt what do I owe in tuition? You must have an illegal apt or you wouldn't feel this way. you want to rent make it legal and pay the higher tax.
You stated before that illegals send their kids to school for free. How do they do it I ask you?

A government does not have any right to tax you twice or tell you what to do with your home.(But in all reality your being taxed more than twice, it's like triple and much more than that).

Yes they do sign up in person their kids and the village/town makes sure that they are a property owner. See for yourself. Nobody gets away.

I just always want to see the government working for the people hence my name Democracy. I absolutely love democracy.
Democracy United States

United States

#74 Jan 22, 2009
I believe the federal government should be paying the bill for our nations schools. That's one of their responsibilities instead of throwing it in the air the bill and letting it fall where it may.

I also believe that's two different things an illegal apartment and a non citizen.
I believe there is no such thing as in illegal apartment. People have to live somewhere they have that right without asking anyones permission.
no harm

AOL

#75 Jan 23, 2009
Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes nobody sends the children to school for free. Yes but ILLEGAL renters should not be putting their children in school district. Are you saying if I rent my home out to illegals or legals with their 20 children they are entitled to go to school for free? The taxpayers should pickup the tab for extra trash from the household. Do you really think anyone signs up their children. Hi I live at 55 n whatever I rent an illegal apt what do I owe in tuition? You must have an illegal apt or you wouldn't feel this way. you want to rent make it legal and pay the higher tax.
u just wish u had the extra income of an apartment.
Ellen

United States

#76 Jan 23, 2009
no harm wrote:
<quoted text>
u just wish u had the extra income of an apartment.
Actually my home does have one from the former owner. My kids use it to entertain their friends. Why would I want a stranger in my home and put my children at jeopardy for a couple of dollars. I can afford my home I made sure when I purchased it. I'm sure you can't make your mortgage payments that is why YOU rent! Besides these apt cost so much money to start up?
no harm

AOL

#77 Jan 24, 2009
Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>Actually my home does have one from the former owner. My kids use it to entertain their friends. Why would I want a stranger in my home and put my children at jeopardy for a couple of dollars. I can afford my home I made sure when I purchased it. I'm sure you can't make your mortgage payments that is why YOU rent! Besides these apt cost so much money to start up?
your not sure of anything...I do a background check , i have no kids to worry about and I have plenty of legal guns, I feel safe enough..
Ellen

Bronx, NY

#78 Jan 29, 2009
no harm wrote:
<quoted text>
your not sure of anything...I do a background check , i have no kids to worry about and I have plenty of legal guns, I feel safe enough..
Wow you really are a moron! Duh I have a legal gun and I am god! I can understand I have no kids remark now!
sleepy

Bronx, NY

#79 Jan 29, 2009
Democracy United States wrote:
I believe the federal government should be paying the bill for our nations schools. That's one of their responsibilities instead of throwing it in the air the bill and letting it fall where it may.
I also believe that's two different things an illegal apartment and a non citizen.
I believe there is no such thing as in illegal apartment. People have to live somewhere they have that right without asking anyone's permission.
The federal government can't afford to pay for schools, they would have been able to except, they are spending money to pay for overseas abortions and they are giving more money to Acorn. This really sucks!
Democracy United States

United States

#80 Jan 30, 2009
sleepy wrote:
<quoted text>The federal government can't afford to pay for schools, they would have been able to except, they are spending money to pay for overseas abortions and they are giving more money to Acorn. This really sucks!
And don't forget they give money to wars. >ACORN<??????????
Debi

Brooklyn, NY

#81 Jun 23, 2014
How much can a landlord raise your rent?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Nick (Nov '08) Tue Paula 4
Judge Andrew Crecca (Dec '10) Mar 27 freedom 48
News Police: Man Arrested for Reckless Endangerment ... (Feb '11) Mar 26 You are a Douchebag 6
News 4 Levittown brothers accused in $70-million coi... (Nov '08) Mar 26 John 428
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Mar 25 miss_easyi69 47
Joseph Nicols D.D. S. *** STAY CLEAR OF HIM *** (Jul '09) Mar 25 Ms Audrey J 25
The aging Rebel the man freaks that date and su... (Jul '10) Mar 24 Kara 49

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages