town hall agenda: babylon

town hall agenda: babylon

There are 74 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 24, 2008, titled town hall agenda: babylon. In it, Newsday reports that:

BABYLON Unless specified, meetings are at town hall, 200 E. Sunrise Hwy., North Lindenhurst.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

democracy United States

United States

#27 Sep 12, 2008
Really I hope every village, every town and every single nosy neighbor gets sued and even arrested if they don't respect the other people's rights.
politics

Roy, WA

#28 Sep 13, 2008
Lindenhurst taxpayer wrote:
The biggest reason most apartments are illegal, is because the village will nit-pick you to death about anything they want to. The former mayor of Lindy told me if 300 of it's residents didn't pay their village taxes, Village hall would be forced to close. Just a Thought
Let's see now we are taxed federally, state wise, town wise, village wise, property tax wise, sales tax wise did I forget anything else? And they are saying if 300 people didn't pay they village taxes it would shut down? I think absolutely not.

I say we do it though we can finally get rid of those nasty politicians in there.
Wanna Bee

Bronx, NY

#29 Sep 14, 2008
Stop the slum in Lindenhurt

Lindenhurt Amityville has turned in ghetto hell hole.

STOP the illegal appartments
democracy

Roy, WA

#30 Sep 14, 2008
I think a person could do whatever they want with their home. The village, town does not own the home.

I believe people who work for the villages and towns come in forums and say that to divide and conquer the people. So they can raise taxes by forcing the owner to make it into a two family home.
Mark

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Sep 14, 2008
1. Illegal apartments have everything to do with higher taxes. The more children in school the more tax money needed.

2. Apartments need to be inspected to make sure they are safe. God forbid some young child is hurt because something wasn't inspected properly who would you sue???
democracy

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#32 Sep 14, 2008
Mark wrote:
1. Illegal apartments have everything to do with higher taxes. The more children in school the more tax money needed.
2. Apartments need to be inspected to make sure they are safe. God forbid some young child is hurt because something wasn't inspected properly who would you sue???
Read one of my replys in this discussion about paying 10 grand a year for a student. I repeat illegal apartments HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH HIGH PROPERTY TAXES.

It's a ploy by the villages and the towns to have you believe that. They want you to pay double the taxes so ALL IN ACTUALITY THEY WANT YOU TO LOSE YOUR HOME.
Mark

Brooklyn, NY

#33 Sep 14, 2008
The average cost per student on Long Island is $17,000.00 per year. I would also like to see where a Lindenhurst resident who does not own is house pays $10,000.00 per student.

“Enough is Enough ”

Since: Feb 08

Swindlehurst,NY

#34 Sep 14, 2008
And this is the mentality of the white trash. All you're interested in is sueing someone.

Get a real job "Mark"
Mark wrote:
Mark

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Sep 14, 2008
And this is the mentality of the white trash. All you're interested in is sueing someone.
Get a real job "Mark"
<quoted text>
With all due respect I suggest you reread my post. I'm not interested I suing anybody.
democracy

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#36 Sep 14, 2008
Mark wrote:
The average cost per student on Long Island is $17,000.00 per year. I would also like to see where a Lindenhurst resident who does not own is house pays $10,000.00 per student.
Call up the main school office in Lindenhurst(I think it's on Daniel street) and say you want to register your kid but your not a property owner in Lindenhurst. See what they tell you. You'll see it.

And I do stand corrected $10,000 bucks was a couple of years ago.
Flat Brush

Slidell, LA

#38 Sep 16, 2008
Z Best Levittrashh wrote:
Lindenhurst is a trailer park for white (trash)
White Trash cartoons on shirts etc http://www.cafepress.com/figstreetstudio/6816...
democracy

United States

#39 Sep 16, 2008
Sue Decko wrote:
Enough trash in Lindenhurst
We need to clean it up: the illegal appartemnt are over running Lindenhurst, Amityville and Babylon.
Boats illegaly parked in the street.
We are turing in to white trash zone again and again.
A person can do whatever they want with their own home.
Mark

Brooklyn, NY

#40 Sep 20, 2008
Get a real job "Mark"
<quoted text>
You know what I ask these questions with no due respect whatsoever.
1. What racist thought makes you assume I'm white?
2. What have you done that puts you so far above the rest of us to call people trash?
3. What would you consider a real job?
Diane Lighnote

Shohola, PA

#41 Sep 21, 2008
Lindenhurst / Amityville is loaded with illegal Pools and Illegal Appartmants.

Census just said Lindenhurst is not being honest and asked for a recount.

Turn in your neighbor who have illegal appartments it is hurting the Swindlehurst comminity
democracy

United States

#42 Sep 21, 2008
Diane Lighnote wrote:
Lindenhurst / Amityville is loaded with illegal Pools and Illegal Appartmants.
Census just said Lindenhurst is not being honest and asked for a recount.
Turn in your neighbor who have illegal appartments it is hurting the Swindlehurst comminity
So you can still have a job at the town or village? You fool absolutely no one.
democracy

United States

#43 Sep 21, 2008
When hell freezes over I'll turn in my neighbor.

Lindenhurst is becoming a ghost town because of their economic policies and their lack of respect for the citizens and they still try pit neighbor against neighbor.

Absolutely amazing.
Vito

Bronx, NY

#44 Sep 21, 2008
Go to a youth sports event at Venetian Shores field and you will get a good look at the kind of people who live in Lindenhurst...what a bunch!
Ellen

United States

#45 Dec 22, 2008
democracy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying it's nobody's business if there's "illegal" apartments around. Where should people live? In the streets? In the trees?
Who is paying their sewer bill, garbage pickup and over crowding of schools? Not one illegal renter is paying ten thousand for theie children to be educated..get real
Ellen

United States

#46 Dec 22, 2008
Vito wrote:
Go to a youth sports event at Venetian Shores field and you will get a good look at the kind of people who live in Lindenhurst...what a bunch!
My both A sons play ball at venetian. One studying to be an engineer the other an attorney.To judge every person by what?? Where do you live ms high and mighty? You cleary are an idiot!!!
Ellen

United States

#47 Dec 22, 2008
democracy wrote:
When hell freezes over I'll turn in my neighbor.
Lindenhurst is becoming a ghost town because of their economic policies and their lack of respect for the citizens and they still try pit neighbor against neighbor.
Absolutely amazing.
I live in Lindenhurst and if illegals, drugs or loud music is coming from my neighbors home. I will turn them in. I just built a new home and I will be darned if my neighbors are going to bring my home down. Absentee landlords must go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Father Damien Cooper pastor in Lindenhurst foll... (Dec '12) Jul 20 Kristy 3
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Jul 18 Horatio 2,106
Review: Brunswick Hospital Center Amityville Ny (Aug '13) Jul 17 Don 3
Village of Northport Police (Dec '08) Jul 16 Rick E Kasso 17
News James DiMartino, shot, victim (Oct '08) Jul 15 Donna dimartino 141
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Jul 13 scott 60
Dick and Dora's (Nov '09) Jul 13 Matt 68

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance