town hall agenda: babylon

There are 20 comments on the Aug 24, 2008, Newsday story titled town hall agenda: babylon. In it, Newsday reports that:

BABYLON Unless specified, meetings are at town hall, 200 E. Sunrise Hwy., North Lindenhurst.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
democracy

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2008
One question where does it show up or is it written that the lindenhurst village is co owner of a home that they are telling a property owner what to do with their own home? Nowhere right?
Illegal apartments have nothing to do with school taxes. The Lindenhurst village and (other villages of course) is pitting neighbor against neighbor it's called divide and conquer.
If you go to the Lindenhurst school district to register your kid and your not a Lindenhurst property owner you have to pay 10 grand a year for your kid to go to school in Lindenhurst. Check it out.
So how are illegal apartments causing the school taxes to go up once again? What it's called is divide and conquer. And they want to raise your property taxes forcing you to make it into a two family home.
Remember it and never forget it.
Swindlehurstttt

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2008
I agree Lindenhurst has way way too many illegal apts all over. The illegal cars boats trucks, motor work oil changed, guys changing transmissions in the street it is like one big oil slick. My old neighbor would dump his oil in the storm drain.
KEVIN CAMELOT

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Aug 30, 2008
Swindlehurstttt wrote:
I agree Lindenhurst has way way too many illegal apts all over. The illegal cars boats trucks, motor work oil changed, guys changing transmissions in the street it is like one big oil slick. My old neighbor would dump his oil in the storm drain.
im beginning to think you dont like lindenhurst??? can you explain why??
democracy

United States

#5 Aug 30, 2008
Swindlehurstttt wrote:
I'm saying it's nobody's business if there's "illegal" apartments around. Where should people live? In the streets? In the trees?
KEVIN CAMELOT

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Sep 2, 2008
levittown wrote:
Lindentrash has always been loaded with illegal appartments FYI. The residents are low income and usally from **** parents. Don't blame the WT they do not know any better.
Lindentrash or Swindlehurst is better know name.
hellooo NEWMAN LMFAO
KEVIN CAMELOT

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Sep 2, 2008
Z Best Levittrashh wrote:
Trailer park with-out wheels to be exact, all looser dung cigarette smoking garbage on your front lawn Trashh in Swindllehurst gheto.
sounds like you had a rough childhood. did daaddy visit you in your room late at night????
Big Al

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Sep 2, 2008
KEVIN CAMELOT wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like you had a rough childhood. did daaddy visit you in your room late at night????
sounds like your daddy played with you allot,and now you play with your male friends
KEVIN CAMELOT

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Sep 2, 2008
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like your daddy played with you allot,and now you play with your male friends
the object of these forums is to make sense lets see you try it
BIG AL(SOUNDS LIKE YOUR COMPENSATING FOR CERTAIN SHORTCOMMINGS)LMFAO
Big Al

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Sep 2, 2008
KEVIN CAMELOT wrote:
<quoted text>the object of these forums is to make sense lets see you try it
BIG AL(SOUNDS LIKE YOUR COMPENSATING FOR CERTAIN SHORTCOMMINGS)LMFAO
Your daddy educated you,when he use to visit you in your bedroom,now you enjoy smoking your bf big white owl these days and even wet the tip for him!
KEVIN CAMELOT

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Sep 2, 2008
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>Your daddy educated you,when he use to visit you in your bedroom,now you enjoy smoking your bf big white owl these days and even wet the tip for him!
heyBIG(HAHAHAHAH)AL you may susersize my fries now get back to the drive thru window or go get your shinebox LMFAO
Big Al

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Sep 2, 2008
KEVIN CAMELOT wrote:
<quoted text>heyBIG(HAHAHAHAH)AL you may susersize my fries now get back to the drive thru window or go get your shinebox LMFAO
yeah its time for you to mop the floor,after you scrub the toilets,lets get crackin boy
Umm

Jamaica, NY

#16 Sep 2, 2008
Capt It wrote:
Town hall agenda's should include why does Swindlehurst have so many illegal appartment. Mu mon has 20 houses on her block and 18 have illegal appartments.
The TOB inspector even told one neighbor you do not have to let me in to inspect.
Sounds like the TOB inspector does not want extra work to do.
Thanks why swindlehurst will always be the way it is. very sad.
Find out how many judges have illegal house apartments they rent for many years in Lindy and you will see why nothing was ever done.
Joey

West Babylon, NY

#17 Sep 2, 2008
democracy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying it's nobody's business if there's "illegal" apartments around. Where should people live? In the streets? In the trees?
Maybe back in the country they came from "ILLEGALLY"!!!
democracy

United States

#18 Sep 2, 2008
levittown wrote:
Lindentrash has always been loaded with illegal appartments FYI. The residents are low income and usally from White Trash parents. Don't blame the WT they do not know any better.
Lindentrash or Swindlehurst is better know name.
Some people are paying almost $10,000 grand a year ALONE IN PROPERTY TAXES to live here to which it shows whether they are "white trash" or not.

You can make fun of it all you want but the truth always stands out.
democracy

United States

#19 Sep 2, 2008
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe back in the country they came from "ILLEGALLY"!!!
WHAT?!
I suggest you stop scape goating for the sake of this country's future and open your eyes to what's facing it. Face it where the price may be dear.

The government here has no structural background. It is also not sound financially. It's being run like a business and it's doing whatever it wants.
Joey

West Babylon, NY

#20 Sep 2, 2008
democracy wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?!
I suggest you stop scape goating for the sake of this country's future and open your eyes to what's facing it. Face it where the price may be dear.
The government here has no structural background. It is also not sound financially. It's being run like a business and it's doing whatever it wants.
My eyes are open and they don't like what they see... I don't know what it's like in "N.Carolina" but Long Island is turning into a 'Third world" cesspool!!!
democracy

United States

#21 Sep 2, 2008
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
My eyes are open and they don't like what they see... I don't know what it's like in "N.Carolina" but Long Island is turning into a 'Third world" cesspool!!!
Actually I'm a Lindenhurst resident. I didn't bother putting a town down and it just comes up that way.
democracy

United States

#22 Sep 2, 2008
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
From a language point of view I totally agree with anything else your SCAPE GOATING.

Don't mix up your anger dude. Know why you are angry.

“Enough is Enough ”

Since: Feb 08

Swindlehurst,NY

#24 Sep 5, 2008
The biggest reason most apartments are illegal, is because the village will nit-pick you to death about anything they want to. The former mayor of Lindy told me if 300 of it's residents didn't pay their village taxes, Village hall would be forced to close. Just a Thought
Really

Jamaica, NY

#25 Sep 5, 2008
Lindenhurst taxpayer wrote:
The biggest reason most apartments are illegal, is because the village will nit-pick you to death about anything they want to. The former mayor of Lindy told me if 300 of it's residents didn't pay their village taxes, Village hall would be forced to close. Just a Thought
If less that 5% of Americans did not pay their taxes (those who actually pay i.e. middle class) the government could be shut down. Think about that one. We the people gets a new meaning!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) 34 min Frustrated 66
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 10 hr Bruser 8,009
News Bellmore bank robbery suspect had been deported... (Jun '08) 12 hr mjjcpa 19
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Thu Bruser 2,432
News Neglect charges for messy house mom (Mar '07) Wed Kim 177
Town of Hempstead Sanitation workers Over Paid ... (Sep '10) Apr 21 CitizenOfTOH 58
Justice-for-Tammy-Mahoney Farmingdale HS class ... (Oct '14) Apr 21 classof79 7
More from around the web

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]