What happened to RObert MAyer?
Dan

Huntington Station, NY

#485 Mar 15, 2014
So, ole' wise observer, why don't you tell us what you believe happened to this very fine man? Why has he been apart from his loving doting wife and lovely children for this length of time?
Observer

Murrieta, CA

#486 Mar 15, 2014
Informer wrote:
For some reason Observer believes using foul language and under educated brutish assaults on people reading and discussing know facts will bring this man back.
reading what I have about Ida and her past dealings and knowing this woman was a lawyer. Its evidently clear observer lacks the ability to articulate her response in an socially acceptable manner so could not be Ida.
But clearly she is a loyal minion sent to do the biding of her master.
Tell your master to tell us what really happened. The truth will set her free.
What foul language? What known facts have you discussed that is relevant?

You've nit-picked apart things she's said and now all of a sudden you call her 'Articulate'?? LMAO
Kathy

Mattituck, NY

#487 Mar 15, 2014
I recently learned of the disappearance of Rob. A FB friend who went to HS with him posted a pic...I barely recognized him - never knew him as "Robert", always Rob.

I knew him when I was 17 and he was 19. He was a good guy. We worked together in Plainview.

My shock and amazement - how could this happen?, why did this happen??- has given way to deep sadness.

I was so glad to see he went on to become an electrician, get married, have kids. There are only 2 photos in all the online video I've seen that look like the Rob i knew - one in a lifeguard shirt, and one with his wife pregnant. That smile!

I believe I am caught up on what I missed on this case since June, through news articles/video and I just completed all 10 threads on Websleuths.

The facts, and knowing what he was like, have me thinking he was "set up" in some way with shady people somehow (keeping him from/protecting his kids), or sadly committing suicide in the belief they are better off without him for whatever reason.

Oh, one thing I wanted to clear up for those questioning his driving to work/his love of his car. He loved driving!! Screw the Belt - it was worth it. He had nitrous in his car back in the day. It was awesome!

I love the idea of the family going to a medium. Or at the least using a PI. I don't see LE doing much at this point as so much time has passed and I think there are other cases to attend to.

I cannot imagine the pain his family must endure, all this time. This winter has been unbearable. How did he survive? Where is he?

I pray for healing and closure for all involved. <3
Lisa

Elmont, NY

#488 Mar 15, 2014
Observer, even your retaliation post don't make sense .... You don't know shit!! You can't even defend or support Ida because you are clueless leach ! You don't even know who she is.
Move on to another case parasite ! Chrissie? U on a nickname basis with robs sister ?
Seriously go! Go harass another group of people
Gina

Panama City, FL

#489 Mar 15, 2014
@Lisa, Go harass another group of people? Seriously???? What do you guys call what you are doing?

Kathy, I appreciate your post about Rob, it is nice to hear from his old friends what he was like. I didn't know Rob but I know what it is like to have someone you know all of a sudden disappear, and want to know everything about it...I feel so bad for you having to wade through so much at WS. But I also know why you felt compelled to. I feel so sad for everyone who knew and loved Rob.
Gina

Panama City, FL

#490 Mar 15, 2014
I got a Christmas Card! It was a photo type, not signed. I don't see why she should exclude Rob from the family photos or why anyone would be petty enough to even discuss her choice of Christmas card. Too much hate and evil intent here, I wonder why everyone is so fascinated with tearing this woman apart. And to chuckle up about it and say they need a scotch - how rude! I agree the information from Ida has changed many times, but I don't see why you all care so much. The police are working the case actively, let them do their job.
Dan

Huntington Station, NY

#491 Mar 15, 2014
Hey...know-it-all-gina, what does needing a scotch have to do with any of this? Right, nothing. Just another way to divert attention away from Robert being missing and the lies surrounding his disappearance.
Go back to where you came from.
Observer

Murrieta, CA

#492 Mar 16, 2014
Dan wrote:
So, ole' wise observer, why don't you tell us what you believe happened to this very fine man? Why has he been apart from his loving doting wife and lovely children for this length of time?
I wish I knew. I do know attacking a poor, defenseless woman won't solve it though. How sad though that there are people out there who get off on doing just that.
Observer

Murrieta, CA

#493 Mar 16, 2014
Lisa wrote:
Observer, even your retaliation post don't make sense .... You don't know shit!! You can't even defend or support Ida because you are clueless leach ! You don't even know who she is.
Move on to another case parasite ! Chrissie? U on a nickname basis with robs sister ?
Seriously go! Go harass another group of people
You want to connect her husband's disappearance to something from 10 years ago and call ME clueless??

Move on to another case? LOL Is this 'Your' case? Pathetic. The only parasites are you and your gang of thugs.
Observer

Murrieta, CA

#494 Mar 16, 2014
Dan wrote:
Hey...know-it-all-gina, what does needing a scotch have to do with any of this? Right, nothing. Just another way to divert attention away from Robert being missing and the lies surrounding his disappearance.
Go back to where you came from.
The fact that you said it is the point I think she was making, asshat. Or more to it, things you say are irrelevant.

This thread isn't about finding Rob, it's about attacking the vulnerable. What a pack of sick vultures.
Informer

Sound Beach, NY

#495 Mar 16, 2014
Minion ! We have all taken note that you have summoned Gina Watson to post! a higher level minion. Has this been done to help you understand when you deliver your messages to your master and can get the message correct!

No one has Claimed this women committed a crime IN the case of her missing husband! But 5 years before he went missing SHE was committing crimes and being convicted and disbarred for those crimes. Simple math. Gina will tooter you later.(tutor- to teach. My misspelling is deliberate it has several meanings good luck)

This shows her sense of right and wrong are far off from normal society.

This Man left his wife. Its sad, Its hard for the children. And its probably true... NOW FLY MINION! fly to your master! The truth will set her free!
Informer

Sound Beach, NY

#496 Mar 16, 2014
There is an online dictionary to help you if your not sure what other words mean,
A person can make a lie seem more believable when they have the ability to articulate. FACT Minion
ar·tic·u·late
[adj., n. ahr-tik-yuh-lit; v. ahr-tik-yuh-leyt] Show IPA

adjective
1.
uttered clearly in distinct syllables.

2.
capable of speech; not speechless.

3.
using language easily and fluently; having facility with words: an articulate speaker.

4.
expressed, formulated, or presented with clarity and effectiveness: an articulate thought.
Kathy

Mattituck, NY

#497 Mar 16, 2014
"I feel so sad for everyone who knew and loved Rob."
Me too, Gina. But especially his kids. The only way he'd leave them is if he had to. That fact should be taken into account. People change over the years, but knowing the kind of guy he was, I know he'd only leave if he believed he had no choice/if staying would be worse.
It seems there is no evidence that he was taken against his will. I've been searching for theories with this factor in mind. If there were foul play, it happened in the time he left his stuff at home and the next day when his car was found.
The normalcy of his dropping his stuff home when the family could have been there is what makes this so compelling.
And he really was a nice guy! I wish I
could help.
Dan

Huntington Station, NY

#498 Mar 16, 2014
Nice try with this skit, ladies.
More BS. just what we need.

Kathy, how would you know anything about Rob or his parenting or his relationship with his family? How would you even guess that he was taken against his will? You said you knew him when he was 19! HELLO!
Maybe you inhaled some of the nitris. Duh.
Informer

Sound Beach, NY

#499 Mar 16, 2014
Kathy, your an old friend of this man. Keep in mind 27 years is a long time for life to change people. None of us walked in his shoes those 27 years. None of us know what his relationships were.

We all have written and spoken facts and clues about his disappearance.

It's a fact his car went home, it's a fact his wallet, phone and $300 were left in his garage. It's a fact his car left 10 min. After it was home. It's a fact he disappeared. Nothing sounds like foul play or criminal.

Something must have changed this man over those 27 years. Maybe the convicted felon closest to the case knows what it is.
Carolyn

Riverhead, NY

#500 Mar 16, 2014
Lisa---your post at # 429----So thats what happened the "night before" ?? I am not on FB either so this is news to me---or perhaps Ida's story of the day.
Carolyn

Riverhead, NY

#501 Mar 16, 2014
Informer---your post at # 450----you are correct----The scrap yard as RM's last place of being seen came out later---then "Oh yes Arrow Scrap has a surveilaance camera but it wasn't working that day" then "oh, the camera was working and here is that tape".

Oh and Bunny Hop--at 452-lol--well yes...more info released
Carolyn

Riverhead, NY

#502 Mar 16, 2014
Lisa---your post at # 472-----there was a verified insider on WS--and IIRC it was a cousin of Ida's who claimed to be the "black sheep" of the family---given what we know of Ida and her past what he did to get that distinction is a mystery.
Lisa

Elmont, NY

#503 Mar 16, 2014
@ Gina , yes .. Observer just picks apart people's statements and takes what he wants from them and changes words around. That is all I meant by that !
Secondly, you are someone who puts forth a lot of time and effort in this case , or at least it seemed That way how is it you don't find all the inconsistincies and lies to be a problem?
I'm sorry for your missing loved one. I sometimes feel that your good intentions and hard work should be used where it's needed!
Lisa

Elmont, NY

#504 Mar 16, 2014
Carolyn wrote:
Lisa---your post at # 429----So thats what happened the "night before" ?? I am not on FB either so this is news to me---or perhaps Ida's story of the day.
Yes Carolyn, she posted that last week! My sister is still on the search page!
She said she was searching rent a cars and Vatican passes while he played video game with their son! It was a night like so many others she wrote.
I guess it slipped her mind she had said already she was studying with the kids an later said he was in the garage ( which if you remember she said it made her nervous)
Every story changes. Every account of the days and weeks after changes, it's all in writing in published print and quotes! Anybody who doesn't see it is blind. Unfortunately barely anyone on li knows who this man is still.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect named in Gilgo Beach murders (Dec '12) 5 min jane58 13
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr Bruser 8,005
News Mangano Announces 5K Run & Dog Walk To Benefit ... 5 hr longtimeVET 1
Very Honest & Great Guy Itzik Vaisfiche Sun Orange Apple3210 3
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Aug 1 Larry42 14
David Redlo Construction DBA Right Choice Home ... (Jul '10) Aug 1 giant 2
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Aug 1 Bruser 2,465
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages