LIE road rage arrest

LIE road rage arrest

There are 278 comments on the Newsday story from May 19, 2007, titled LIE road rage arrest. In it, Newsday reports that:

It's a common occurrence on Long Island roadways: A driver gets annoyed because someone swerved into his lane.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

LIDriver

Dumont, NJ

#24 May 20, 2007
Flip the bird and move on people.
jonny john

Brooklyn, NY

#26 May 20, 2007
o these poor children, will they ever grow up?

two idiots arguing over nothing
anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#27 May 20, 2007
Two grown men acting like idiots and setting a fine example for their children (if they have any) and other young drivers. Disgusting!!! They should be ashamed of themselves!
MCR

United States

#28 May 20, 2007
Once again - frigging joke

You take your life in your hands driving on Long Island

Both of these idiots need to lose their license for 1 year - no conditions

And maybe they both need a good stoning too

I can guarantee, that they both were driving 85 miles per hours, swerving in and out of traffic, endangering everyone on the highway that was nearby (of course, everyone else was only driving 79 miles per hour - dicks)
Dumb and Dumber

Port Washington, NY

#29 May 20, 2007
Dumb and Dumber.

They both make the highlight reel.
PeteT

New Milford, NJ

#30 May 20, 2007
You've gotta wonder what's safe these days. The LIRR has the drunks on the late trains, especially after a Rangers game. Yo've also got those gaps out to get you.

So... LIRR vs LIE - join the discussion at the Long Island Bulletin Board:

http://www.longislandbb.com/viewtopic.php...
FEDUPPPP

Randolph, NJ

#31 May 20, 2007
When you curse and chase each another, you're taking it to another level.
Mistakes happen.
I bet this idiot really wishes he raised his hand and said "sorry". But it's too late.
Max Power

New York, NY

#32 May 20, 2007
I think shooting pepper spray is a great idea! There are so many poor drivers out there that need to be sprayed when they make a left turn from the right lane or totaly ignore stop signs and red lights. Kuddos for spraying a poor driver!
Daniel Garver

Edison, NJ

#33 May 20, 2007
BOTH ARE GOOFBALLS, GET EM OFF THE ROAD
Walter Greenspan

Greenbank, Australia

#34 May 20, 2007
While Exit 41 South is the exit that leads to Hicksville, Exit 41 South is located in Jericho, and one has to travel about a mile or so to actually get to Hicksville.
nun4utoo

Bronx, NY

#35 May 20, 2007
your not cool or look good,anybody driving & talking on a cell phone is a idiot!
Blunt

Smithtown, NY

#36 May 20, 2007
The stupidy in the world today fathoms me.

“Hello!”

Since: Apr 07

Nassau

#37 May 20, 2007
Can't we all just get along?
Moon Dog

Coram, NY

#38 May 20, 2007
When one has to drive on the Long Island expressway it isn't long before you see things that shouldn't be.

Tailgating-whether it's 55mph or 80mph

No signaling-Lane changing

Cell Phone use-whether it's 55mph or 90mph

Putting on makeup at any speed

Motorcyclists weaving in and out between moving vehicles at any speed 55mph or 90mph etc

Vehicles cutting in front of you or in back of you while your doing any speed

Trucks that do all of the above

Best advice keep your cool-drive like you want others to drive around you-don't make eye contact with some obvious psychopaths-leaving a few minutes earlier means you can drive a little slower and be more relaxed
barko

Hartsdale, NY

#40 May 20, 2007
Is it just me or does this whole thing sound like a comedy skit right out of Family Guy or something?
Brentwood

Bronx, NY

#41 May 20, 2007
GOTTA LOVE LONG ISLAND!
Skum

New York, NY

#43 May 20, 2007
Douche was a black man talking on a cellphone. He deserves no sympathy. Doesnt mention Sidor's hometown of Kings Park.

No Verizon FIOS for Sidor.
Bob

AOL

#44 May 20, 2007
road warrior wrote:
what we need is a larger police presence.road rage is something that is getting way out of hand.you have drivers who tailgate 5 feet from your car,and when you tell them to backoff they get angry,and things elevated to another level. i see more people talking on cell phones than ever.it just getting to the point that i hate to go out on the road something must be done before poeple like myself take the law into their oun hands and we dont want that because trust me i will use something more powerfull than pepper spray.so all you idiots drivers out there beware||||||||||
I agree that we need more police, but we would need them every mile to make the roads safe. It is absolute insanity on the roads of L.I. I was spit on by a kid last summer while sitting at a red light on Vets HYWY. I said to him that he was going to kill someone driving like he was. Instantly, the devil came out of him and he started screaming and cursing at me. Then the young coward spit at me,(we were at a red light)put his truck in drive, and drove to the next lane and left. True story. Ive had it. The nuts on the road are a big factor in my decision to leave L.I. permanently.

Since: Feb 07

Brentwood, NY

#45 May 20, 2007
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>I was spit on by a kid last summer while sitting at a red light on Vets HYWY. I said to him that he was going to kill someone driving like he was. Instantly, the devil came out of him and he started screaming and cursing at me. Then the young coward spit at me,(we were at a red light)put his truck in drive, and drove to the next lane and left.
I'm not defending that punk but chastising other drivers is precisely what escalates these things. Did you expect him to apologize and promise to mend his ways?
If another driver breaks the law don't confront them, call the police after noting the plate number, that way nobody's wife gets a call about their husband in jail for "road rage" or at the morgue with a knife through the heart.
LIDs Suck

United States

#46 May 20, 2007
What do you call a Long Island driver (LID) at the bottom of the Sound? A good start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 6 hr Bruser 2,650
News Kings Park residents want more police around ps... 20 hr Sandra Sue Rounds 2
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sat Bruser 8,314
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Jul 22 nancys 147
News Standoff ends peacefully in Huntington (May '08) Jul 19 Steam roller 85
Samual Bruchey Jul 17 Long Island Newsday 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Jul 15 oksanakachmarchyk 46

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages