Another Uncomfortable Night for WI's Board of Education

Posted in the Melville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RTS

West Islip, NY

#1 May 15, 2013
It was another uncomfortable night for WI’s Board of Education at last night's BOE meeting.

At last month’s BOE meeting a resident questioned the WI BOE why South Shore Children’s Center (a preschool which bears the same name as the preschool owned by WI’s BOE Vice President, Annmarie Larosa) wasn’t required to pay the district a security deposit when the other tenants renting portions of the district’s 2 shuttered schools were required to pay the district non refundable security deposits equivalent to 2 month’s of rent.
The resident received the standard response:“We’ll get back to you.” from BOE President Steve Gellar.

At last night’s Board of Ed meeting it was apparent that no one had gotten back to her with an answer because not only did she ask the question again, she went on to point out to the BOE and their attorney that none of them had bothered to check the addition done by the district’s real estate broker, Jamie Winkler
(good friend and colleague of WI’s BOE Vice President, Annmarie Larosa). According to the resident who had copies of the building floor plan and the South Shore Children’s Center’s lease with her, it appeared that the district’s real estate broker, Jamie Winkler had miscalculated the total square footage on which South Shore Children’s Center’s rent was calculated, in essence shorting the district out of 1,561 square feet of rental income for the next 60 (sixty) months.
Response from BOE President, Steve Gellar:“We’ll get back to you.”

For some reason, I don’t think she’ll be waiting by the phone
Wendythestalker

West Islip, NY

#2 May 15, 2013
Wendy, why are you so obssessed with Annmarie? You obviously have mental issues that you need to work through. Get help, quick.
WI Reisdent

West Islip, NY

#3 May 16, 2013
Sad & pathetic and I am not talking about the BOE.
WI Residents for Truth

West Islip, NY

#4 May 16, 2013
You sound very angry that the resident was well prepared and had documents from the district to prove the funny business (phony business)between the district, Annmarie Larosa and South Shore Children's Center. Proof of monetary favors being done for a boe member is not stalking, my dear.
In fact, it's criminal
Wendythestalker

Bay Shore, NY

#5 May 16, 2013
WI Residents for Truth wrote:
You sound very angry that the resident was well prepared and had documents from the district to prove the funny business (phony business)between the district, Annmarie Larosa and South Shore Children's Center. Proof of monetary favors being done for a boe member is not stalking, my dear.
In fact, it's criminal
Criminal? Thats funny. How many times are you idiots going to post on here that you are calling the DA? Wendythestalker did not show ANY correlation between Annmarie and South Shore. In fact, the school district attorney told her the errors occured in his office when drafting the lease, and he was working to fix them.
Speak the truth

Bay Shore, NY

#6 May 16, 2013
I don't know why everyone gets on wendy's case. She obviously is prepared at the meetings. If she is incorrect get the accurate information out there. I think wendy has the same opinion as many but isnt afraid to get up in front of the boe and take their abuse. Stop the name calling act professional and communicate the facts thats all the community wants. We all work hard for our money and want it spent in the right ways. We live in the united states we all have freedom of speech lets not forget it.
RTS

West Islip, NY

#7 May 17, 2013
Call the DA? BAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!
FYI: The school’s attorney DIDN’T say the errors occurred in his office when drafting the lease, he said the security deposit was omitted from South Shore Children’s Center “in error”. I guess how THAT happened will forever be a mystery since after all,#5 of the South Shore Children’s Center lease clearly reads:“RENT AND SECURITY”. But wait…even if there was an omission or error in TYPING SSCC’s lease, would that also mean that the school district’s attorney also made an error or omission because he didn’t pick up the mistake when proof-reading the legal, binding contract (lease) that his firm prepared for WISD? Just the thought of that is terrifying, no? But wait…even if there was an error/omission in typing the lease and even if there was an error made by the attorney (who is paid by the district) when he didn’t pick up the error while proof-reading the legal, binding document he is paid to prepare on the district’s behalf, how come not 1 of the 7 BOE members notice the mistake that was going to cost the district to lose money? Did they even read the SSCC lease before they voted ‘yes’ on it? The lease reads as clear as day:“#5 RENT AND SECURITY” but yet there is absolutely no mention of a security deposit in the body of the paragraph. All of the other leases the BOE has voted “yes” to (and hopefully read before doing so) state quite clearly in “#5 RENT AND SECURITY” the amount of a non-refundable security deposit the tenant has to pay the district. Well, all of the tenants EXCEPT South Shore Children’s Center. Did any of you know that Annmarie Larosa, VP of the WI BOE also has a preschool named South Shore Children’s Center? Talk about a small world…
I also wonder why Steve Gellar didn’t pick up the omission/error in the South Shore Children’s Center lease prior to signing it. As President of the BOE, he signed his name to a legal, binding contract-- errors, omissions and all. That’s terrifying, no?

Problem:“error/omission” made in the typing of lease w/South Shore Children’s Center. School District’s paid attorney didn’t pick up the error, not 1 of the 7 members of WISD BOE picked up the error which cost WISD $13,000.00. I wonder if Helene Tsouprakos’s attorney noticed the mistake made in her client’s favor. You’ll notice that Helene Tsouprakos of South Shore Children’s Center didn’t seem to bother to bring up WISD’s $13,000.00 “error/omission” made in her favor either.
Wow, think about that for a minute….2 attorneys, 7 BOE members who are all professionals in their own right (according to their individual bios) and 1 business owner--- and NONE of them picked up that $13,000.00 “omission/mistake”? Really??? Come on.
Solution: BOE should post EVERY lease, contract and document on the district’s website PRIOR to the document being signed. This will enable all average Joes and average housewives (like the one who brought this mistake to light) to actually proof-read the WISD’s documents and point out all of the “omissions /mistakes” that are COSTING THE WISD MONEY THAT WE DON’T HAVE!

MIPS

West Islip, NY

#8 May 17, 2013
RTS wrote:
Call the DA? BAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!
FYI: The school’s attorney DIDN’T say the errors occurred in his office when drafting the lease, he said the security deposit was omitted from South Shore Children’s Center “in error”. I guess how THAT happened will forever be a mystery since after all,#5 of the South Shore Children’s Center lease clearly reads:“RENT AND SECURITY”. But wait…even if there was an omission or error in TYPING SSCC’s lease, would that also mean that the school district’s attorney also made an error or omission because he didn’t pick up the mistake when proof-reading the legal, binding contract (lease) that his firm prepared for WISD? Just the thought of that is terrifying, no? But wait…even if there was an error/omission in typing the lease and even if there was an error made by the attorney (who is paid by the district) when he didn’t pick up the error while proof-reading the legal, binding document he is paid to prepare on the district’s behalf, how come not 1 of the 7 BOE members notice the mistake that was going to cost the district to lose money? Did they even read the SSCC lease before they voted ‘yes’ on it? The lease reads as clear as day:“#5 RENT AND SECURITY” but yet there is absolutely no mention of a security deposit in the body of the paragraph. All of the other leases the BOE has voted “yes” to (and hopefully read before doing so) state quite clearly in “#5 RENT AND SECURITY” the amount of a non-refundable security deposit the tenant has to pay the district. Well, all of the tenants EXCEPT South Shore Children’s Center. Did any of you know that Annmarie Larosa, VP of the WI BOE also has a preschool named South Shore Children’s Center? Talk about a small world…
I also wonder why Steve Gellar didn’t pick up the omission/error in the South Shore Children’s Center lease prior to signing it. As President of the BOE, he signed his name to a legal, binding contract-- errors, omissions and all. That’s terrifying, no?
Problem:“error/omission” made in the typing of lease w/South Shore Children’s Center. School District’s paid attorney didn’t pick up the error, not 1 of the 7 members of WISD BOE picked up the error which cost WISD $13,000.00. I wonder if Helene Tsouprakos’s attorney noticed the mistake made in her client’s favor. You’ll notice that Helene Tsouprakos of South Shore Children’s Center didn’t seem to bother to bring up WISD’s $13,000.00 “error/omission” made in her favor either.
Wow, think about that for a minute….2 attorneys, 7 BOE members who are all professionals in their own right (according to their individual bios) and 1 business owner--- and NONE of them picked up that $13,000.00 “omission/mistake”? Really??? Come on.
Solution: BOE should post EVERY lease, contract and document on the district’s website PRIOR to the document being signed. This will enable all average Joes and average housewives (like the one who brought this mistake to light) to actually proof-read the WISD’s documents and point out all of the “omissions /mistakes” that are COSTING THE WISD MONEY THAT WE DON’T HAVE!
This is an awesome post. It should be plastered all over the patch too. These people get away with too much. Newsday should be investigating this ahem...OVERSIGHT.
WI Reisdent

West Islip, NY

#9 May 17, 2013
OMG the same FEW people have been crying on here and Patch for someone to investigate the BOE since last year or even longer.

Don't you think that by now if something was worth investigating it would have been done, especially with "someones" frequent flyer miles with their attorney.
mondayquarterbac k

Bay Shore, NY

#10 May 17, 2013
WI Reisdent wrote:
OMG the same FEW people have been crying on here and Patch for someone to investigate the BOE since last year or even longer.
Don't you think that by now if something was worth investigating it would have been done, especially with "someones" frequent flyer miles with their attorney.
OR that these cry babies would challenge one of the board members, run for a seat, put the time, energy and hours in that it requires to do the work? Nope. just continue crying like dumb asses.
MIPS

West Islip, NY

#11 May 17, 2013
WI Reisdent wrote:
You first have to understand the level of corruption that is all the way to the top. It's not easy to find honest people these days. It is easy to detect a liar though. People lie as often as they breath nowadays. It's so easy to attack the person who is trying to hold the people in charge to accountability. Life goes on while it's slowly unfolding, but I promise you, eventually the truth outs, you just have to be patient. It could takes years. I am very patient, because I think that accountability is vitally important!
WI Reisdent

West Islip, NY

#12 May 17, 2013
MIPS wrote:
<quoted text>
You first have to understand the level of corruption that is all the way to the top. It's not easy to find honest people these days. It is easy to detect a liar though. People lie as often as they breath nowadays. It's so easy to attack the person who is trying to hold the people in charge to accountability. Life goes on while it's slowly unfolding, but I promise you, eventually the truth outs, you just have to be patient. It could takes years. I am very patient, because I think that accountability is vitally important!
I get corruption and that every district has some, but our BOE does not control the people who can investigate what the few of you have been saying. I just think that if there was such corruption it would have been investigated by someone who has the power to do so.
MIPS

West Islip, NY

#13 May 17, 2013
mondayquarterback wrote:
<quoted text>
OR that these cry babies would challenge one of the board members, run for a seat, put the time, energy and hours in that it requires to do the work? Nope. just continue crying like dumb asses.
So if someone who is holding you BOE members and administration to accountability, it also means that they are cry babies and should run for a seat? If they don't that means that you get to do whatever you want to unchecked and with impunity? Not in the real world, maybe in your world, which is why you may be feeling a bit uneasy.
MIPS

West Islip, NY

#14 May 17, 2013
WI Reisdent wrote:
<quoted text>
I get corruption and that every district has some, but our BOE does not control the people who can investigate what the few of you have been saying. I just think that if there was such corruption it would have been investigated by someone who has the power to do so.
You don't understand the political connections, of the body elect who "catch each others back" inside this industry. You have to turn over a lot of stones before you find anyone with some stones to do the right thing.
U B LOSER

West Islip, NY

#15 May 17, 2013
WI Reisdent wrote:
<quoted text>
You "get" that every school district has corruption? Somehow that makes this ok?
It's not what the few have been "saying" as if this is an accusation,rumor or inuendo...THE FACTS ARE RIGHT THERE IN SOUTH SHORE CHILDREN'S CENTER'S LEASE FOR EVERY WI RESIDENT TO READ WITH THEIR OWN EYES! The BOE isn't even trying to hide the fact that the BOE VP Annmarie Larosa's (supposed)"former" business partner, Helene Tsouprakos is getting---what shall we call it? Favors? Monetary considerations? Omissions in her lease? Mistakes in her lease? Whatever it’s being called the FACT is that the lease is proof and it’s all right there in black and white for you to read. How funny, ironic, coincidental, convenient that not 1 of the 7 BOE members caught it, how unlikely that 2 attorneys didn't catch it, and how totally unrealistic that Helene Tsouprakos forgot that although (supposedly) during lease negotiations she and South Shore Children’s Center agreed to the to pay the district a $13,000.00 non-refundable security deposit---no one ever asked her for the money.
They got caught. Plain and Simple.
WI Reisdent

West Islip, NY

#16 May 17, 2013
U B LOSER wrote:
<quoted text>
You "get" that every school district has corruption? Somehow that makes this ok?
It's not what the few have been "saying" as if this is an accusation,rumor or inuendo...THE FACTS ARE RIGHT THERE IN SOUTH SHORE CHILDREN'S CENTER'S LEASE FOR EVERY WI RESIDENT TO READ WITH THEIR OWN EYES! The BOE isn't even trying to hide the fact that the BOE VP Annmarie Larosa's (supposed)"former" business partner, Helene Tsouprakos is getting---what shall we call it? Favors? Monetary considerations? Omissions in her lease? Mistakes in her lease? Whatever it’s being called the FACT is that the lease is proof and it’s all right there in black and white for you to read. How funny, ironic, coincidental, convenient that not 1 of the 7 BOE members caught it, how unlikely that 2 attorneys didn't catch it, and how totally unrealistic that Helene Tsouprakos forgot that although (supposedly) during lease negotiations she and South Shore Children’s Center agreed to the to pay the district a $13,000.00 non-refundable security deposit---no one ever asked her for the money.
They got caught. Plain and Simple.
Again if it is true than why isn't it being investigated???
emily

West Islip, NY

#17 May 18, 2013
WI Reisdent wrote:
<quoted text>
Again if it is true than why isn't it being investigated???
How do you know it's not being investigated? Sometimes the wheels of justice (and karma) move slowly. But the wheels do move.
It's all true. Every last word. Read the lease for yourself and put your mind at rest. Why do you think the leases weren't posted on the district's website prior to the boe voting on them?(as they should have been) Oooops, just another omission in error. LOL!
TMelfi

Brooklyn, NY

#18 May 20, 2013
all things crooked lead back to the same couple a people. Larossa>nobody believes the suit made a mistake for your bus partner. get some class & own up to it stead of blaming everybody else.
RTS

West Islip, NY

#19 May 21, 2013
TMelfi wrote:
all things crooked lead back to the same couple a people. Larossa>nobody believes the suit made a mistake for your bus partner. get some class & own up to it stead of blaming everybody else.
Larosa and Gellar think that if they ignore what was brought up about the $ "mistakes" in South Shore Children's Center's lease (did you know that BOE VP Larosa has a preschool named South Shore Children's Center?) it'll go away and people will "forget". Much like the school district's paid attorney said he "forgot" to put that $13,000.00 unrefundable security deposit into South Shore Children's Center's lease and much like Helene Tsouprakos seems to have "forgotten" to mention the $13,000.00 that disappeared from her lease document at signing.LOL!
Can't wait to hear the excuse for the other "mistake" made in SSCC's lease which also will COST WISD taxpayers $.
Jack Latch

Brooklyn, NY

#20 May 23, 2013
I want to thank everyone for getting out to vote Tuesday.......we needed them all..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) 12 hr longisland 63
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 19 hr Bruser 2,316
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Thu Lisa 1,934
Editorial: Re-elect Jack Martins in 7th Senate ... Thu Just Saying 1
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Thu Bruser 7,915
Review: Depalo & Sons Auto Body Inc (Nov '09) Thu Jack Oasis 17
Review: Sahdev Devinder (Dec '10) Oct 22 John 15

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match