Nurse accused of stealing and using drugs on the job

Full story: Newsday 50
A registered nurse stole morphine and other narcotics from Patchogue and West Islip medical facilities and used the drugs while on duty, state officials said. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
shaking my head

United States

#55 Oct 25, 2007
I've never been involved ins sucha backbiting, hateful, weird profession. I advise ALL young girls to stear clear of the profession.
wordygurdy

Shirley, NY

#56 Oct 25, 2007
shaking my head wrote:
I've never been involved ins sucha backbiting, hateful, weird profession. I advise ALL young girls to stear clear of the profession.
Yup. Like I said, a bunch of biddies.
Terrible

Honolulu, HI

#58 Aug 29, 2009
I am a nurse, after years of running around like a chicken with my head cut off because of a lack of staff, STALKING M.D's to intervene before his/her patient died, playing referee between dysfunctional family members, and coming up with new inventions because of a lack of supplies...I am NOT ASHAMED to admit that I need medication to get through my shift. I have developed a severe anxiety disorder from this horrible profession. I have too much empathy for my patients and can not function in this toxic environment without it!!!!
3boys

Union City, NJ

#59 Sep 1, 2009
Misc, I totally agree with you on that one, random drug tests for ALL employees from every job sector. You would be amazed how many people operate heavy duty equipment, drs. etc.,(maybe not) while working. My previous dr. used opiates. How nice is that? However, this "nurse" will get another job, by slipping through the cracks.
jjj

Fort Worth, TX

#60 Jul 28, 2012
all these are fact less. the Idea of going to prison because you for got to waste a med. or return it to the pixis, not realizing you have it at all until you find it in the laundry. say because you had a code. alarm and you are in charge or you are just so busy and must clock out on time. add no lunch break and luck if you get to pee. what ever people think about nurses... I know I love my pts everyone and I would give my own life to protect them. I am all about their needs and would never do anything to harm them or cause them pain. so many point the finger but most don't realize how easy it it to convict an innocent person. You never know until it is your turn. buckle up prisons are getting bigger. no one cares if you are promoting society. or if there is no drug test or a negative one. I believe that in so many cases if the patients could speak for there nurses. things would change!!!!!! by all means do random drug test. bet it would free more then it convicts!
lives with a nurse

Patchogue, NY

#61 Aug 7, 2012
I've never met a nurse who wasn't messed up. They drink, smoke, and god knows what else. I've seen my own wife all banged up and bag her self with an iv to get fluids back in. It's crazy.
Thought

Asheboro, NC

#62 Oct 21, 2012
Read the information on the website www.rn.ca.gov/public/rn509848.pdf

It is the California Board of nursing and accusations made against Nurse Andrea Korpi

Andrea Korpi's license was revoked in 2006

Andrea Korpi was never prosecuted for the crime of stealing drugs which she done for several yeaars according to the information.

The accusations began in 1997 when she was arrested for drinking in public. Marijuana and Drug Paraphanelia was found in her car which no mention of an arrest for that.

In 2001 the Methodist Hospital confronted Andrea Korpi and she admitted to stealing the drugs and using them for herself.

No prosecution.

Time continued and in 2003 Andrea was still a nurse and still stealing drugs until 2006 and her license was revoked.

Andrea Korpi left California and came to North Carolina where she is now caring for an 85 year old woman with a memory loss disease. Family member hired her to care for this lady.

Andrea Korpi is married and her husband on August 30 was arrested for DWI, driving with a revoked driver's license and no insurance. Reason for the revoked license is previous DWI's. Andrea Korpi was also stopped by police for driving the same vehicle without insurance.

My concern is that California let Andrea Korpi continue stealing drugs for several years and never prosecuted her for this crime and she is now allowed to care for another life that has no control of her care givers.

Hope you go to this website and read this for yourselves. It seems unreal that such a person would be allowed to continue to steal drugs and never have been prosecuted.

“pffft”

Since: Jan 11

blue point.

#64 Oct 22, 2012
She worked for john j foley skilled nursing facility.
Thought

Asheboro, NC

#65 Oct 25, 2012
Thought wrote:
Read the information on the website www.rn.ca.gov/public/rn509848.pdf
It is the California Board of nursing and accusations made against Nurse Andrea Korpi
Andrea Korpi's license was revoked in 2006
Andrea Korpi was never prosecuted for the crime of stealing drugs which she done for several yeaars according to the information.
The accusations began in 1997 when she was arrested for drinking in public. Marijuana and Drug Paraphanelia was found in her car which no mention of an arrest for that.
In 2001 the Methodist Hospital confronted Andrea Korpi and she admitted to stealing the drugs and using them for herself.
No prosecution.
Time continued and in 2003 Andrea was still a nurse and still stealing drugs until 2006 and her license was revoked.
Andrea Korpi left California and came to North Carolina where she is now caring for an 85 year old woman with a memory loss disease. Family member hired her to care for this lady.
Andrea Korpi is married and her husband on August 30 was arrested for DWI, driving with a revoked driver's license and no insurance. Reason for the revoked license is previous DWI's. Andrea Korpi was also stopped by police for driving the same vehicle without insurance.
My concern is that California let Andrea Korpi continue stealing drugs for several years and never prosecuted her for this crime and she is now allowed to care for another life that has no control of her care givers.
Hope you go to this website and read this for yourselves. It seems unreal that such a person would be allowed to continue to steal drugs and never have been prosecuted.
I would like to add that I concluded that the Andrea Korpi that is now in NC matches all the discriptions of the Andrea Korpi that was in California. All the a.k.a.s given on the California Report match all the given names for NC Andera. So it seems that they are the same Andrea Korpi considering all the ID's match
Sal

Ridge, NY

#66 Jan 12, 2013
Mitch wrote:
CALLING ALL ACCUSED, go to PBMC (Pretty Bad Medical Care) They will hire you. I was accused and my license suspended for taking Demerol, after my appeal I got a job. I come to find out about 1/3 of the staff are "retreads".
With the exception of the five hour ER wait, it was a nice place. Lets see, I thought the cafeteria served good food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 8 hr Lisa 1,751
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Joe Voter 6,473
Theresa Maniaci-Canni, left, and George (Nov '09) 12 hr flashalan 16
Garbage pail scavengers in levittown 13 hr Sambee 4
Suspect named in Gilgo Beach murders (Dec '12) 19 hr Streetrunner 10
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 21 hr Bruser 2,299
Amityville Music Selection (Oct '12) Tue Musikologist 9

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match

Melville Jobs

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info