Ward Melville parent goes to court ov...

Ward Melville parent goes to court over son's suspension

There are 86 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 13, 2008, titled Ward Melville parent goes to court over son's suspension. In it, Newsday reports that:

The father of a Ward Melville High School senior and varsity baseball player has filed suit in State Supreme Court contending the Three Village school district unfairly and improperly suspended his son.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

ddny

Watertown, CT

#61 May 22, 2008
You Should Be Ashamed wrote:
To all you people who have nothing but negative things to say, learn to give people the benefit of the doubt and just know there is always two sides to every story! I know this family personally and you could not be more wrong in the comments you have written. You are probably the same people that when our city was attached on 9/11 and Aaron’s Dad was running into the city to help – you were all running away and would not even consider helping your fellow citizens. For the parents in the Ward Melville school district who wrote negative comments, maybe you should check your daughter’s pocketbook or you son’s pockets and see what they’re doing – remember no child is perfect and all teenagers need guidance. It is so sad to think that people who don’t even know an individual could write such nasty things and right away form a negative opinion. If in fact this teacher was so threatened, as was voiced, why were the police not called? Why was such an alleged deviant to society allowed to remain amongst the student populace for a remainder of time? He is not a gun toting child; he is neither a thief nor a vandal. However, that’s the way he’s being treated. There have been children in Ward Melville who have been caught with drugs, arrested on school grounds and still allowed back in school.? Have you all forgotten that one of the biggest aspects of learning and growing up is to make poor choices, suffer a consequence and grow from it, never to repeat it again? Oh but wait – all you aholes who wrote negative comments have never made a mistake in life you just all sound so perfect! Before you write a blog about a situation you know nothing about, try to imagine both individuals and put yourself in there shoes. Let’s face it, we all make mistakes! You should all be ashamed of yourselves for being so judgmental!
yes, we do all make mistakes, but apparently this child does not learn from his. this apparently is not his first run-in with the school. suspensions haven't worked, so maybe this will. maybe his parents should have done something when he was suspended instead of just minimizing it. It's better he learn now that he is responsible for his behaviour - as an adult, the consequences can get a lot worse.
joe urso

Hyde Park, NY

#62 May 23, 2008
WELL, LETS SEE. TO ALL YOU A-HOLES WHO WRITE ABOUT MY CHILDREN, IM VERY EASY TO FIND AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT TO MY FACE,LETS GIVE IT A SHOT.WE ALL KNOW THAT YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF A-HOLES.BY THE WAY YOUR SO CALLED COMMENTS ARE NOT EVEN WORTH MY TIME, BUT NOW YOU ARE TAKING THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL ILL EXCEPT ANY CHALLANGE,IN ANY WAY, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE. THEN AGAIN GO HIDE CAUSE YOUR ALL FULL OF CRAP. DONT WORRY YOUR LITTLE MINDS, CAUSE AARONS GOING TO COLLEGE AND HE HAS HIS EDUCATION GOING STRONG, AND WILL BE PLAYING BASEBALL WHILE YOUR PLAYING WITH YOURSELF. AND THERE IS NO QUESTION WE WILL WIN THIS CASE.ITS GOING TO COST YOUR SCHOOL IN THERE POCKET,AND THE JUDGE WILL MAKE SURE OF IT.GET A LIFE AND LET MY CHILDREN GET ON WITH THERES.JUST BECAUSE YOUR ALL SPINELESS, DOESNT MEAN WE ARE, CAUSE WE ARE NOT. THIS IS THE DAD. ALL OTHER COMMENTS NEVER CAME FROM ME OR MY FAMILY. BUT THIS IS FROM ME.SO PLEASE CUT THE BULL OUT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.IF YOU WANT TO BUST BALLS,TRY BUSTING MINE.YOU SHOULD WOUNDER WHY YOUR SCHOOL IS SPENDING ALL YOUR MONEY ON THIS RATHER THEN ON YOUR CHILDRENS EDUCATION.THEN AGAIN DO YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT YOR OWN CHILDREN.? DONT WORRY ABOUT MINE, WE WILL ALWAYS BE FINE, YOU DID NOTHING BUT MAKE US STRONGER.
Frank

New York, NY

#63 May 23, 2008
joe urso wrote:
WELL, LETS SEE. TO ALL YOU A-HOLES WHO WRITE ABOUT MY CHILDREN, IM VERY EASY TO FIND AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT TO MY FACE,LETS GIVE IT A SHOT.WE ALL KNOW THAT YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF A-HOLES.BY THE WAY YOUR SO CALLED COMMENTS ARE NOT EVEN WORTH MY TIME, BUT NOW YOU ARE TAKING THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL ILL EXCEPT ANY CHALLANGE,IN ANY WAY, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE. THEN AGAIN GO HIDE CAUSE YOUR ALL FULL OF CRAP. DONT WORRY YOUR LITTLE MINDS, CAUSE AARONS GOING TO COLLEGE AND HE HAS HIS EDUCATION GOING STRONG, AND WILL BE PLAYING BASEBALL WHILE YOUR PLAYING WITH YOURSELF. AND THERE IS NO QUESTION WE WILL WIN THIS CASE.ITS GOING TO COST YOUR SCHOOL IN THERE POCKET,AND THE JUDGE WILL MAKE SURE OF IT.GET A LIFE AND LET MY CHILDREN GET ON WITH THERES.JUST BECAUSE YOUR ALL SPINELESS, DOESNT MEAN WE ARE, CAUSE WE ARE NOT. THIS IS THE DAD. ALL OTHER COMMENTS NEVER CAME FROM ME OR MY FAMILY. BUT THIS IS FROM ME.SO PLEASE CUT THE BULL OUT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.IF YOU WANT TO BUST BALLS,TRY BUSTING MINE.YOU SHOULD WOUNDER WHY YOUR SCHOOL IS SPENDING ALL YOUR MONEY ON THIS RATHER THEN ON YOUR CHILDRENS EDUCATION.THEN AGAIN DO YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT YOR OWN CHILDREN.? DONT WORRY ABOUT MINE, WE WILL ALWAYS BE FINE, YOU DID NOTHING BUT MAKE US STRONGER.
You FAT SLOB.
Have another sausage parm hero and wipe the sauce from in on the corners of your mouth ya dirty W0P. Look at yourself in the mirror, you're a disgusting abusive fat pig.
Frank

New York, NY

#66 May 23, 2008
joe urso wrote:
THE ONLY SAUSAGE THERE IS IS IN YOUR WIFES MOUTH.AGAIN YOUR JUST A PUNK. AND NOT EVEN WORTH MY TIME.YOUR JUST ONE A-HOLE AND YOU KNOW IT. TRY BEING A MAN, AND LET ME KNOW WHERE AND WHEN, BUT MAKE SURE YOU SHOW UP.INSTED OF RUNNING YOUR MOUTH. WHATS THE MATTER ARE YOU WORRIED THAT YOU MIGHT GET YOUR ASS KICKED.YOUR A PUNK.......YOUR NAME MUST BE FAG,NOT FRANK...
Joey, tell everyone how much your fat azz weighs. How are those sagging breasts looking these days? Ever get the laser surgery to remove all that hair from your back, shoulders and neck? Ya fat slob
JD in NC

Alderson, WV

#67 May 23, 2008
ashanti wrote:
ward melville is gay everone gets in trouble for stupid shit teachers love making stuff up its the new thing just because were rich kids they love to find reason to get us in trouble but reality is there all liars!oh and everone hates kettler so ive heard
O H... W O W...

and you people pay how much in taxes to educate your children in that district?

"ward melville" - should be capitalized (Ward Melville)

"...is gay." (need a period there sweetheart)

"everone" correct spelling: Everyone (capitalized because it's the beginning of a sentence)

"stupid shit." (need another period there sweety)

"Teachers" (capitalized because it's the beginning of a sentence)

"...making stuff up," (need a comma there)

"it's (need an apostrophe "it is") the new thing." (need a period there too)

I would change this sentence to read: "We're rich kids, so they love to find a reason to get us in trouble!" (I got a little fancy with the exclamation point there, I hope you are still following along)

Next sentence: "The reality is, they're (as in "they are") all liars!"

Next sentence: "I've (as in "I have") heard that everyone hates Kettler anyway."

My 8 year old daughter, in our North Carolina schools, knows better grammar and spelling than this numbskull. This is just further verification for me that getting out was a good decision.

It's scary, the products of those schools... For what you people pay, it's an outrage.
JD in NC

Alderson, WV

#68 May 23, 2008
joe urso wrote:
WELL, LETS SEE. TO ALL YOU A-HOLES WHO WRITE ABOUT MY CHILDREN, IM VERY EASY TO FIND AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT TO MY FACE,LETS GIVE IT A SHOT.WE ALL KNOW THAT YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF A-HOLES.BY THE WAY YOUR SO CALLED COMMENTS ARE NOT EVEN WORTH MY TIME, BUT NOW YOU ARE TAKING THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL ILL EXCEPT ANY CHALLANGE,IN ANY WAY, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE. THEN AGAIN GO HIDE CAUSE YOUR ALL FULL OF CRAP. DONT WORRY YOUR LITTLE MINDS, CAUSE AARONS GOING TO COLLEGE AND HE HAS HIS EDUCATION GOING STRONG, AND WILL BE PLAYING BASEBALL WHILE YOUR PLAYING WITH YOURSELF. AND THERE IS NO QUESTION WE WILL WIN THIS CASE.ITS GOING TO COST YOUR SCHOOL IN THERE POCKET,AND THE JUDGE WILL MAKE SURE OF IT.GET A LIFE AND LET MY CHILDREN GET ON WITH THERES.JUST BECAUSE YOUR ALL SPINELESS, DOESNT MEAN WE ARE, CAUSE WE ARE NOT. THIS IS THE DAD. ALL OTHER COMMENTS NEVER CAME FROM ME OR MY FAMILY. BUT THIS IS FROM ME.SO PLEASE CUT THE BULL OUT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.IF YOU WANT TO BUST BALLS,TRY BUSTING MINE.YOU SHOULD WOUNDER WHY YOUR SCHOOL IS SPENDING ALL YOUR MONEY ON THIS RATHER THEN ON YOUR CHILDRENS EDUCATION.THEN AGAIN DO YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT YOR OWN CHILDREN.? DONT WORRY ABOUT MINE, WE WILL ALWAYS BE FINE, YOU DID NOTHING BUT MAKE US STRONGER.
O H... W O W...

I don't even know what to say. It's is quite apparent the apple did not fall from the tree. I think Dad and Sonny boy shouldn't be worried about college, they should be going back to elementary school.

If anything, it's amusing.
Vampire Slayer

Brooklyn, NY

#69 May 23, 2008
joe urso wrote:
THE ONLY SAUSAGE THERE IS IS IN YOUR WIFES MOUTH.AGAIN YOUR JUST A PUNK. AND NOT EVEN WORTH MY TIME.YOUR JUST ONE A-HOLE AND YOU KNOW IT. TRY BEING A MAN, AND LET ME KNOW WHERE AND WHEN, BUT MAKE SURE YOU SHOW UP.INSTED OF RUNNING YOUR MOUTH. WHATS THE MATTER ARE YOU WORRIED THAT YOU MIGHT GET YOUR ASS KICKED.YOUR A PUNK.......YOUR NAME MUST BE FAG,NOT FRANK...
You sound very effeminate. If you care to discuss it further, I will be at 704 Hauser street in Queens, NY this weekend.

BTW the kid and his father both have problems with ant social behavior,... as I am sure you do too.
Vampire Slayer

Brooklyn, NY

#70 May 23, 2008
joe urso wrote:
WELL, LETS SEE. TO ALL YOU A-HOLES WHO WRITE ABOUT MY CHILDREN, IM VERY EASY TO FIND AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT TO MY FACE,LETS GIVE IT A SHOT.WE ALL KNOW THAT YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF A-HOLES.BY THE WAY YOUR SO CALLED COMMENTS ARE NOT EVEN WORTH MY TIME, BUT NOW YOU ARE TAKING THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL ILL EXCEPT ANY CHALLANGE,IN ANY WAY, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE. THEN AGAIN GO HIDE CAUSE YOUR ALL FULL OF CRAP. DONT WORRY YOUR LITTLE MINDS, CAUSE AARONS GOING TO COLLEGE AND HE HAS HIS EDUCATION GOING STRONG, AND WILL BE PLAYING BASEBALL WHILE YOUR PLAYING WITH YOURSELF. AND THERE IS NO QUESTION WE WILL WIN THIS CASE.ITS GOING TO COST YOUR SCHOOL IN THERE POCKET,AND THE JUDGE WILL MAKE SURE OF IT.GET A LIFE AND LET MY CHILDREN GET ON WITH THERES.JUST BECAUSE YOUR ALL SPINELESS, DOESNT MEAN WE ARE, CAUSE WE ARE NOT. THIS IS THE DAD. ALL OTHER COMMENTS NEVER CAME FROM ME OR MY FAMILY. BUT THIS IS FROM ME.SO PLEASE CUT THE BULL OUT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.IF YOU WANT TO BUST BALLS,TRY BUSTING MINE.YOU SHOULD WOUNDER WHY YOUR SCHOOL IS SPENDING ALL YOUR MONEY ON THIS RATHER THEN ON YOUR CHILDRENS EDUCATION.THEN AGAIN DO YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT YOR OWN CHILDREN.? DONT WORRY ABOUT MINE, WE WILL ALWAYS BE FINE, YOU DID NOTHING BUT MAKE US STRONGER.
Aaron and his father sound like losers with anti social behavioral issues,... you should talk to your Doctor about prozac.

You should also take a course in remedial English.
Busey

Melville, NY

#71 May 23, 2008
JD in NC wrote:
<quoted text>
O H... W O W...
and you people pay how much in taxes to educate your children in that district?
"ward melville" - should be capitalized (Ward Melville)
"...is gay." (need a period there sweetheart)
"everone" correct spelling: Everyone (capitalized because it's the beginning of a sentence)
"stupid shit." (need another period there sweety)
"Teachers" (capitalized because it's the beginning of a sentence)
"...making stuff up," (need a comma there)
"it's (need an apostrophe "it is") the new thing." (need a period there too)
I would change this sentence to read: "We're rich kids, so they love to find a reason to get us in trouble!" (I got a little fancy with the exclamation point there, I hope you are still following along)
Next sentence: "The reality is, they're (as in "they are") all liars!"
Next sentence: "I've (as in "I have") heard that everyone hates Kettler anyway."
My 8 year old daughter, in our North Carolina schools, knows better grammar and spelling than this numbskull. This is just further verification for me that getting out was a good decision.
It's scary, the products of those schools... For what you people pay, it's an outrage.
hey grammar police...its a blog..

relax... uptight much?
JD in NC

Alderson, WV

#72 May 23, 2008
Busey wrote:
<quoted text>
hey grammar police...its a blog..
relax... uptight much?
Ah! I was using that post as an ironic example of these supposed "excellent" schools. The father piping in with his posts are just an added bonus...

My response was completely tongue in cheek. Get it now?
Busey

Melville, NY

#73 May 23, 2008
you think that is really the dad? If so, that's hilarious
JD in NC

Alderson, WV

#74 May 23, 2008
Busey wrote:
you think that is really the dad? If so, that's hilarious
I am not the only one...

Whatever. I'm done with you anyway, you bore me.
Vampire Slayer

Brooklyn, NY

#75 May 23, 2008
Busey wrote:
you think that is really the dad? If so, that's hilarious
Stupid is as stupid does,... and that is a stupid family
Moe Litvak

Huntington, NY

#77 May 23, 2008
Busey wrote:
you think that is really the dad? If so, that's hilarious
i think it is the dad.....he taught the daughter how to spell.
if you multiplied their IQ's you wouldn't get a 3 digit number.
billy

Hyde Park, NY

#79 Aug 9, 2008
we all know this is Todd Ketler writing all of this. Todd, the jerk off teacher in your school.
Who Knows

Edison, NJ

#80 Dec 13, 2008
Who knows what really happened. None of us were there, not even the sister. I know when i get in trouble that I lie about stuff to make me look better. It'll all come out in court, and chances are, the kid will get away with a minimal punishment, and get the shit scared out of him. Scare him half to death, and maybe he'll think about his actions before he does them. Who knows
Chris

Hopatcong, NJ

#81 Jan 13, 2009
aarons a good kid and i look up to him for alot. All the people who have been writing negative things are whats wrong with society. Pre-judging ... MOST OF YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HIM... WHERE DO YOU GET THE RIGHT TO SAY NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT A KID U DONT KNOW. Perfect Mom i dont even know what to say , are you 5? your not perfect princcess no1 is. You guys are acting like animals , if you dont know aaron you have absolutley no reason to be in here. You say hes a bad kid yet YOU the criticizing "perfect parent" are as dumb and as inmature as a kindergardener. also who cares about spelling , is this the spelling bee?
Actual WM student

Brooklyn, NY

#82 Jan 20, 2009
It seems many of you are making the same judgement based on the information you where given. Which is a perfectly fair judgement but for aaron to be suspended for this inncodent was a shock to everyone, you have kids selling and buying drugs in school getting caught and coming back a month later then you have this case where a kid and teacher get into an altercation "not uncommon" yet it is elevated because of a silly personal threat. No one really knows that MR.Kettler would kick aarons ass anyday of the week so why he made such a big stink about it like he felt he was unsafe is bizzare. Yes he should have been kicked off the Baseball team and yes he should have served many diciplinary actions but to indeffinatly suspend him is extreme
shut up

Bothell, WA

#83 May 15, 2009
this is about a year late but after reading everyones comments let me just say that your all way to quick to judge..I don't know if any of you know Aaron or his father but either way..who the hell are you to say that aarons going to be a deliquent or that his dad is a bad father..just because a teacher has authority in a school doesnt mean they should or can have a powertrip and take a situation to an extreme level.. none of you were witnesses to the conflict and if it were your kid you would do everything you can to help him succeed and maybe punish him in your own way..and if you wouldnt do all you can for your kid then your a sucky parent..p.s. aaron is doing well in college and has a good job..so shut the hell up
Shut Up Needs to Shut Up

United States

#84 Feb 11, 2010
We saw the dad on here. That's how we know he's a worthless father. Is Aaron's "good job" putting fries on a hamburger he just made? I'll bet he's been thrown out of college by now and the hair on his worthless father's back is standing on end from his anger. They are stupider than Alan Grayson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
iLoveKickboxing Hicksville (Jan '16) Apr 28 melody 3
Review: Randazzo Construction (Jan '11) Apr 27 Eglide 3
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) Apr 24 Van Buren St Guy 118
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Apr 24 Bianca mangiaracina 57
do anybody know the fortunato's (Mar '09) Apr 21 Jackass 48
Sammy's Inferno, Gardiner's Ave. off Hempstead ... (Sep '11) Apr 21 Elisabeth Vescovi 6
Drug Selling Mortorcycle rider(s) Apr 19 Kar-101 1

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages