Slow, painful recovery for hit-and-run victim

Full story: Newsday

Allison Ciancarelli's life has turned dark since she was run down by an unknown driver on a warm day in April just a few hundred yards from her parents' Lindenhurst home.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of78
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
thst

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

Judged:

My sympathies to this woman. My nephew was hit was on a dirt bike and ran into a car. It was clearly his fault, but the accident shattered his leg and the recovery is as Ms.Ciancerelli describes, long and painful with many surgeries. Hang in there, you will recover. My prayers are with you.
Nick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

Pass a new law for hit and runs, drunk and dope up drivers:

Mandatory Organ Donation from these sc\/ms. Their kidneys and liver may be shot. But their eyes, skin, bone marrow, hearts, lungs and other tissues/organs are still good. Make these sc\/ms contribute to society for once in their stinking lives.
Dave

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

I walk around Argyle Lake all the time.I wish Alison a healthy recovery God Bless her.
Kim

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

God Bless You.
poconoweeze

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

what kind of a coward hits someone and runs. the women are as rotten criminals nowadays, as anyonelse.
In this corner

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Give the driver a break...it was an accident, she panicked and ran. The roads are for cars not bicycles.

I hope Allison had a full recovery, good luck to her.
CAROLANN4

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Panic only lasts for a little while, go back and fess up! Don't be a coward. Let the poor woman off the hook and let her forgive you as most people will do. Speedy recovery for both victims.
Islipian

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Hi allison, I wish for you a full and complete recovery. Disregard some of the assinine comment's on here. It show's their mentality. May God bless you and protect you.
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Allison, you sound like a wonderful person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hope they find the person that did this to you. At least you're still here & have family & friends that love you. Best wishes for a full & complete recovery. God Bless.
mr stretch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Hitting & running is an admission of guilt, NOT ONLY of being at fault when hitting someone with your vehicle, but also admission of guilt of not being fit to drive (i.e. DRUNK!). The ONLY PERSON WHO HAS A RIGHT TO "PANIC" IS THE POOR SOUL LAYING IN THE STREET WITH BROKEN LEGS - NOT THE DRUNK WHO RAN HIM OVER! ANYONE who hits & runs should have their driver's license REVOKED FOR LIFE - WE DONT WANT "PANICKY" DRIVERS ON OUR ROADS! PERIOD! If you panic when you drive a car - SELL IT & RIDE A BIKE!
NanaPat

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Allison, we will all pray for your recovery..

Are there any camera's in this area that might have picked this up on tape ?
UPFRONT SUFFOLK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Most to many -(as I see it) Car driver's have no regard for anything that runs in front of their path of driving. They think they own the road. NO REGARD for A woman on a bike, motorcycle riders, a squirrel or animal crossing the street.
People are in such a RUSH for what???
So if you can't obey the road & the speed limit, trade in your car and start walking.
I hope Allison recovers from this traumatic experience, mentally & physically. And this driver's turns themselves in -for the guilt that will eat you inside.
Blade

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

In this corner wrote:
Give the driver a break...it was an accident, she panicked and ran. The roads are for cars not bicycles.
I hope Allison had a full recovery, good luck to her.
Give the DRIVER a break? Unbelievable...
Guardian Angel

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Blade wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the DRIVER a break? Unbelievable...
Why not, after all all she did was run down a human being and leave her there to die. If she stopped she would have been late for her nail appointment....(Note the sarcasm please....)
Here I Am

Nesconset, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Slappy Sanchez wrote:
Awwww...poor pumpkin. At least she made out better than the guy who was run down by the driver who went to the diner afterward.
Awww,your an idiot, this poor woman was hit by a car and the driver didn't even stop to help her, how could you be so dumb!
was a NYer

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Allison: do yourself a favor and focus on your recovery. Your anger will only hurt you in the end. That idiot will get what they deserve. I know because I have had serious medical complications from a misread lab report I now will forever be on medication and have had to go into the hospital numerous times because someone did not do their job. For years I was so angry at someone I never nor will ever know. That anger made me bitter and caused me to be so depressed I had to go on medication. Now years later I am still on medication still go into the hospital but not as much but I am no longer angry and I am a better person for it. I am off my antidepressants and I am living my life for me and my family. Stay focused on you and your family and the best of luck to you.
Slappy Sanchez

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Here I Am wrote:
<quoted text>Awww,your an idiot, this poor woman was hit by a car and the driver didn't even stop to help her, how could you be so dumb!
Simmer down, now!
Slappy Sanchez

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Todd Schuster wrote:
Allison, you sound like a wonderful person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hope they find the person that did this to you. At least you're still here & have family & friends that love you. Best wishes for a full & complete recovery. God Bless.
Schuster, you're such a suck up.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

Islipian wrote:
Hi allison, I wish for you a full and complete recovery. Disregard some of the assinine comment's on here. It show's their mentality. May God bless you and protect you.
Hope "god" does a better job "protecting" you next time.
did i read this right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

In this corner wrote:
You are an f'n idiot. Give the driver a break? A friend of mine was killed by a hit and run driver when he was WALKING down the street 3 months ago. Should we give that driver a break as well? Let's see how you feel when it happens to you. If it's just an accident then why not stop?
By the way, bicyclists are entitled to use the same streets that cars do. If you disagree maybe you should go to Albany and lobby for a change. Hopefully no one hits you along the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of78
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melville Discussions

Search the Melville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr lionland 6,326
Debate: Health Care - East Northport, NY (Nov '09) 4 hr Cpl Christopher Scherer 5
Fake Prostitute Snares 20 Men In Bay Shore Sting (Aug '06) 7 hr Billy Bong 60
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 8 hr Bruser 7,853
What Needs to Change in Lindenhurst (Jun '08) 8 hr BARBARA 244
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 21 hr positronium 6,324
Review: Smugglers Jacks (Oct '13) 21 hr Chris 2
•••
•••

Melville News Video

•••
Melville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000