bignoiz08

Mount Vernon, NY

#65 Dec 4, 2012
What is your best advice when it comes.to taking the psych test and evaluation...I am going for NYC corrections...
Emma2013

Brooklyn, NY

#66 Jan 13, 2013
lionroars wrote:
i started my career in nycdoc and now have moved on to nypd.i will be the first to tell you there both two different jobs and attitudes.nycdoc dont stick together at all its horrible how they talk about eachother im amazed that anything got done in there.now nypd we might not get along but we have eachothers back.as far as carstops goes.your not on the same job,so dont give the approaching cop attitude like you are.
I don't understand,, if we are not on the job why should we helped the NYPD to clean the street when we off duty or maybe I should say when Ther's a Robbery in progress if in that store I should work away, or again when an NYPD officer is having a hard time cuffing a criminal why shoul I assisted him/her cause we always there and never backdown when those situation accrued. If we as c.o do the same thing that an NYPD officers do I beleive we r on the same job.

Since: Jan 13

Brooklyn, NY

#67 Jan 13, 2013
As a nycdpc oficer I don't understand,, if we are not on the job why should we helped the NYPD to clean the street when we off duty or maybe I should say when Ther's a Robbery in progress if in that store I should work away, or again when an NYPD officer is having a hard time cuffing a criminal why shoul I assisted him/her cause we always there and never backdown when those situation accrued. If we as c.o do the same thing that an NYPD officers do I beleive we r on the same job.
Emma2013

Brooklyn, NY

#68 Jan 13, 2013
tiger1 wrote:
yeah ok essex county doc. were are all cops.smh.com e work in the 75 pct and tell me you are a cop
let me see if u on the street and I'm on the street something bad is going down when I pull my badge I don't say correction officer you r under arrest we said police stop cause the penal law give me the same authority as a police officer. Stop those Creasy talk all we have to do is respect each other as law enforcement officers
Emma2013

Brooklyn, NY

#69 Jan 13, 2013
Come2me4answersmyson wrote:
First of all, let's get this law enforcement thing right. NYC DOC have no police powers, therefore they're ONLY peace officers. Lets get THIS one really straight, the first sentence that should come out of a COs mouth when he/she gets stop by any LAW ENFORCEMENT should be; hello officer how are you doing? May I ask why am getting stop for sir/mam. Tip: always carry your driver license together with your shield and ID and make sure the officer see it.
why don't you read your penal law maybe you not say what u just say. But the rest about the car stop I agree with u doesn't mean you a co you shouldn't respect a police officer when you got stop in your car respect come first as a co even another police officer should do the same.
YOUKIDDINGME

New York, NY

#70 Jan 17, 2013
Emma2013 really. Man check what you've wrote and stop complaining about what to do and not do if a NYPD were to ask you to help him/her or to assist him. If you are a c.o. you should know that you should not compare yourself with them and just do your job.
YOUKIDDINGME

New York, NY

#71 Jan 17, 2013
Emma2013 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't understand,, if we are not on the job why should we helped the NYPD to clean the street when we off duty or maybe I should say when Ther's a Robbery in progress if in that store I should work away, or again when an NYPD officer is having a hard time cuffing a criminal why shoul I assisted him/her cause we always there and never backdown when those situation accrued. If we as c.o do the same thing that an NYPD officers do I beleive we r on the same job.
You don't understand because there's nothing to understand bro. Yo, who tha fcuk told you that c.o.'s have to help the NYPD when they're off duty? You killing me here man. When c.o.'s are off duty, they're off duty man. You guys are NOT police or for that matter, full Law Enforcements....just peace officers..keep the peace that's all bro.
tom deely

Danielson, CT

#72 Jan 19, 2013
K-love. "Sweet daddy"
tom deely

Danielson, CT

#73 Jan 19, 2013
O.k. this is the rules of god dog.u don't shoot cops .u don'ttouch kid'š.thats it .oh ,darting out another soldier will result un death.I am Doing it old šchool carlo gambino style.
Corrections

Pleasantville, NJ

#74 Jan 30, 2013
""""The real job
Huntington, NY
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#18Feb 19, 2011

Don't say you're on the job when you're not and you might not have such a problem when you get pulled over for whatever law you broke.""

To the "real job", actually my department considers us "on-duty" from and to work if we are uniformed ..DUMB_ASS!.. and in reality as law enforcement officers were NEVER off if a criminal activity takes place and we witness it on our way to/from work we are required to TAKE ACTION..so how are we really "off-duty"???
Sheriffs 24-7

Pleasantville, NJ

#75 Jan 30, 2013
Well as a former correctional officer and current Sheriffs Officer in New Jersey and college masters graduate in criminal justice.I'm 99% positive, Sheriffs officers, Correctional officers, Police officers, probation officers are "FULL LAW ENFORCEMENT Officers" with powers of arrest. "on-duty" Correctional and Probational authority is limited, C.O'S in the jail and Probation's with their probes. Yet OFF DUTY WE are all the SAME ! no one has more pull then the other.. My two best friends are NYPD and NYCCD. And yes we ARE all cops even c.o's the term "cops" basically just means you are a full law enforcement officer. Off duty me and my boys always carry our weapons and badge depending on our activity. And yes ANY of us Will Lock yo behind up and call the local P.D to pick you up lol...Get educated people please!!Boys in Blue lets stick together we already have tooo many haters!!
wow

Hoboken, NJ

#76 Feb 13, 2013
A job for idiots? For one, I'll bet people calling cops or CO's morons, probably would not make it past the background investigation, or the psych evaluation. You have no idea what the job entails. Don't sit there all high and mighty with your irrelevant degree. I have a fdegree as well and many officers do aswell. A lot are working towards their mba. Remember a degree doesn't make one smarter. Knowledgable in a certain subject? Yes, but certainly not smarter. Many people lack common sense and fail to pay attention to detail! Don't sit there on a pedastal and think you're even remotely better than anyone else. If youre using the entry qualifications as your supporting arguement, you are the idiot for failing to research just exactly the quality of applicants a department needs. They need someone with extremely high integrity, moral character, honesty, and courage. If you bounce ONE check, or got caught lying to your high school teacher, you can kiss a career in law enforcement good bye. They actually go to your high school, neighbors local PD's etc and interview people who know you, or even just had contact with you. When you answer no on the background form and a source tells them otherwise, you are deemed a liar and automatically DQed from the process. That is why the education requirements are sometimes low when comparing them to civilian markets. A degree does not make someone qualified for this career.
Discerning8

Clayton, NC

#77 Mar 3, 2013
P.o. Or c.o. Both give 100% the jails are like the street with a roof on it . On the outside the element of surprize is alway on the,criminals side so like its said we all want to go home the way we came on duty ALIVE AND WELL
smoothb

New York, NY

#79 Mar 21, 2013
I don't see why there is a battle between nycd and nypd when the two jobs are diffrent but they are also similar correction officer are peace officers but so are court officers bridge and tunnel officers parole and probation officers nyc sheriff's department all of our sheilds resemble if not are the same we all carry fire arms on and off duty we all have arrest powers on and off duty and those of us that wear a uniform all go to the same uniform store to get them the only thing is the patch is diffrent doesn't make me less of a officer than you we got all the odds against us already media is quick to burn us cops shoot a perp with a toy gun that looks real he is a racist c.o. beats up a inmate who attacts him he going thru the ringer so y should we fight among each other we need to stick together and build a better repore with each other I respect all officer cause I would like respect myself we all wear the uniform what happen to law enforcement is a brotherhood Smdh
NYC Correction61

Flushing, NY

#80 Apr 10, 2013
I am a female correction office and just want to state the following. Yes I have been stuck at work for 16 hour shift, sent on 100's of hospital runs with some of the most dangerous criminals that PD puts into our jails. I;vw been threatened by numerous inmates and have missed many family occasions due to scheduling and overtime. I feel my spirit has been tarnished. HOWEVER I feel the respect that we should get from PD should start with our own dept. Some of my Co-workers need to get a reality check.If we argue in front of inmates and disrespect one anoher in public how the hell do you expect to get respect from anyone else. Some need to come in full uniform without a chipon your shoulder.If we look shabby then we will be treated shabby
I like sensible people

Deer Park, NY

#81 Apr 10, 2013
NYC Correction61 wrote:
I am a female correction office and just want to state the following. Yes I have been stuck at work for 16 hour shift, sent on 100's of hospital runs with some of the most dangerous criminals that PD puts into our jails. I;vw been threatened by numerous inmates and have missed many family occasions due to scheduling and overtime. I feel my spirit has been tarnished. HOWEVER I feel the respect that we should get from PD should start with our own dept. Some of my Co-workers need to get a reality check.If we argue in front of inmates and disrespect one anoher in public how the hell do you expect to get respect from anyone else. Some need to come in full uniform without a chipon your shoulder.If we look shabby then we will be treated shabby

This makes so much sense. As a wife of a newly retired NYC CO, I respect your job as well as the PD. There is good and bad in both groups. You guys definitely should be commended because as a female, I could not do the job you do. Your right, if you don't respect each other, how do you expect anyone else to. Stay safe!
Just wondering

Newburgh, NY

#82 Jul 2, 2013
I want to know if NYS correction officers are allowed time for personal calls, for example to call their wives, children, or possibly an important call for personal business etc.?
deely

Danielson, CT

#83 Aug 24, 2013
&#268;orrection officers and &#269;op's have to be shown respect soldier$!...
If regular &#269;ivilian'$ are supposed to behave on a higher level than crooks,law enforcement is supposed to behave better then civilian's.take ur medecine peru tu should'nt lose your dignity either.this is hoe the 2sides must play with one another.....peace..........Tom my(irish) deely all day.
deely

Danielson, CT

#84 Aug 24, 2013
Listen people I am slowly trying to change the attitute of prisoner's towards &#269;o's and vice versa. Change,evolve,do no take drįpy from inmate's however always be fair.be the same every day sir or ma'am that is how u will get respect.u don't have to impress anyone officer.ur dignity and respect comes not from the uniform u wear but from water comes out of your mouth and how u carry yourselves.be true to the kid u obce were a
Long time ago before we needed a career and had people depending on US...I love u. Tommy deelyab13
tommy deely

Danielson, CT

#85 Aug 25, 2013
we at the tommy deely school of diviertidi are very pro-law enforcement and i try to instill that respect in all my new pledge's ..cops are mostly good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) 55 min AllAboutTheBenjamins 10
Mosque at old Citibank location on Bedford?` 6 hr Frankie 1
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 9 hr Bruser 7,934
Six LI Catholic Elementary Schools to Close (Dec '11) Fri 31 years an RN 266
Wooden grain scale (Mar '07) Thu Calvin James 72
Levittown Orthodontist Secures Patent for Devic... Dec 16 Gerald Vonberger 1
Lottery announces LI million-dollar winners (Dec '13) Dec 16 Lawndell Washington 14

Melville News Video

Melville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Melville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:05 am PST