Comments
41 - 60 of 113 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5
Andrea

Queens Village, NY

#44 Feb 4, 2012
For all, NYPD and NYCO law enforcement field should be respected no matter who and what you are. It's crazy how some of you people in the above thread is talking trash that really do not add up to anything sensible. At the end of the day, people just want to receive a paycheck, get some benefits, pay their rents, provide for their family, and just live life as it comes! Get some sense and stop feeding of all the negativity that the media portrays yah,I think if you never had a job that requires you to put your life at risk to save some of your sorry asses, then don't judge or comment about people who are making a difference while you're sitting on your couch all day reading through treads that you don't have a clue about what the main topic or purpose is!
I like sensible people

Deer Park, NY

#45 Feb 20, 2012
Andrea wrote:
For all, NYPD and NYCO law enforcement field should be respected no matter who and what you are. It's crazy how some of you people in the above thread is talking trash that really do not add up to anything sensible. At the end of the day, people just want to receive a paycheck, get some benefits, pay their rents, provide for their family, and just live life as it comes! Get some sense and stop feeding of all the negativity that the media portrays yah,I think if you never had a job that requires you to put your life at risk to save some of your sorry asses, then don't judge or comment about people who are making a difference while you're sitting on your couch all day reading through treads that you don't have a clue about what the main topic or purpose is!
You are absolutely correct! NYPD has their job that they do and NYDOC has their job that they do. At the end of the day, if they both do what they are suppose to do, both departments should be respected. To all the cops and CO's stay safe!
law enforcement officer

Brooklyn, NY

#46 Apr 2, 2012
Nycd nypd both good department to work for but they are also diffrent areas of law enforcement nypd puts up with a lot of b.s. and so does correction but at the end of the day its US against them and I think people forget that
DAVE

Rockville Centre, NY

#47 Apr 3, 2012
what a bunch of morons.
none of you can spell or reread what you've written.
have you forgotten why you became pos or cos?
it was because you have no talent or aptitude for a job which requires normal activities and decisions.
do your 20-take all the benefits-retire young and stop asking for respect.
DAVE

Rockville Centre, NY

#48 Apr 3, 2012
the probelm with law enforcers is the proximity and frequency dealing with bottom feeders.
unfortunately, experienced law enforcers lose sight of their own personalities-speaking,acting, thinking and behaving like bullies.
Rookies see this right away and follow suit.
Its sad for the families and friends of POS and COS to see the changes in their loved ones.
I have no answers,but its a job you chose because its a family tradition.
like firemen or coal miners.
good luck to all.
Transport Officer

Charleston, SC

#49 May 5, 2012
Hello Everyone I understand what you all are saying. I pick up prisoner's from the streets and transport to the county jails. It take a special person to work in the prison system these days. What a lot of people don't understand it that Correction Officers, Jailers, Detention Officers handle all the prisoners from the street all day long and deal with them with NO Weapons. There are a lot of Police Officers that will not do the job of a Corrections Officer because they do not have something to protect them.
Tiger1

Jackson Heights, NY

#50 May 13, 2012
Oh Plz who u kidding I worked on rikers for two years n I never was worried about my life. Anybody can survive as a co. I been a cop for four years n let me tell u a lot more dangerous. U co talk a good game
Tiger1

Jackson Heights, NY

#51 May 13, 2012
Lockudown u don't know wht ur talking about. U have no clue wht cops deal with when it comes to perps n lying or telling the truth. I work the annex. The box and the dorms in obcc. No hooks. No nothing. So shut ur mouth
Tiger1

Jackson Heights, NY

#52 May 13, 2012
A lot of cos r perps themselves. I left rikers bc of the staff. Not the inmates. Inmates r dollar signs. I valued them more. Cos tell these inmates about other cos. crazy stuff I'm not gonna write
Essex county doc

United States

#53 May 16, 2012
Wow
Essex county doc

Belleville, NJ

#55 Jul 8, 2012
Tiger1 wrote:
A lot of cos r perps themselves. I left rikers bc of the staff. Not the inmates. Inmates r dollar signs. I valued them more. Cos tell these inmates about other cos. crazy stuff I'm not gonna write
. Dumbass
Essex county doc

Belleville, NJ

#56 Jul 8, 2012
We are all law enforcement officers. We all go thru the same police academy. We get paid the same. Police or corrections we are all cops
tiger1

Kew Gardens, NY

#57 Jul 15, 2012
yeah ok essex county doc. were are all cops.smh.com e work in the 75 pct and tell me you are a cop
boldest one

New York, NY

#58 Jul 16, 2012
idiotsand Morons wrote:
Pass either 3rd grade exam the corrections or NYPD and you get the job. I am still suprised how many idiots cannot pass this 3rd grade exam to get a NYC NYPD or NYCO job.
Either way they are both moron jobs for morons.
I would like 2 say u probably had your lunch money taken from you on the regular. We keep the city safe for you,while u eat your fancy lunch now, were making sure that guy that took that lunch money stays behind bars so drink ur milk and ur welcome...
boldest one

New York, NY

#59 Jul 16, 2012
DAVE wrote:
the probelm with law enforcers is the proximity and frequency dealing with bottom feeders.
unfortunately, experienced law enforcers lose sight of their own personalities-speaking,acting, thinking and behaving like bullies.
Rookies see this right away and follow suit.
Its sad for the families and friends of POS and COS to see the changes in their loved ones.
I have no answers,but its a job you chose because its a family tradition.
like firemen or coal miners.
good luck to all.
relax dave, unless u ever placed handcuffs on someone who was resisting,just enjoy the security that is given 2u by us. Now go get ur shoeshine box !!!!!!!!!
Future CO

Brooklyn, NY

#60 Sep 5, 2012
Someone please tell me how long do corrections take to call back, I took the exam and got 75% I have a passion for this and I really wanna do this job so bad
Come2me4answersm yson

New York, NY

#61 Nov 3, 2012
Future CO wrote:
Someone please tell me how long do corrections take to call back, I took the exam and got 75% I have a passion for this and I really wanna do this job so bad

There is no definite time to call, but if you passed you'll get called. Oh yeah, and about you having a passion for this CAREER, wait until you get in. That passion will turn into hate
Come2me4answersm yson

New York, NY

#62 Nov 3, 2012
First of all, let's get this law enforcement thing right. NYC DOC have no police powers, therefore they're ONLY peace officers. Lets get THIS one really straight, the first sentence that should come out of a COs mouth when he/she gets stop by any LAW ENFORCEMENT should be; hello officer how are you doing? May I ask why am getting stop for sir/mam. Tip: always carry your driver license together with your shield and ID and make sure the officer see it.
discerning8

United States

#63 Nov 16, 2012
Concerned Officer wrote:
We dont dont get the reconition that we so deserve i think it should brought to the attention of the mayor as well as our commissioner what type of job that we do maybe they should spend the day in the Bing or high classification house for the day and maybe their perspective will change, i also believe we deserve more perks as well, such as public transportation should be made available on and off duty all buses and subway systems
give the coba a call every year legislation is submitted for that benefit
done it all

Fayetteville, NC

#64 Nov 27, 2012
I've worked both jobs and I'll say this no one department deserves more respect than the other because no one department can do it all alone it takes all the agencys for law enforcement to work and say their is an unfairness to being a co vs a cop co's are on the bottom and stepped on my the cops and the cops get steped on my the feds and so some department is always gonna be out ranked by another however this don't change the fact that we all put ourselves in danger to protect the public and as long as we're doing our jobs to the best of our abilities that's all that matter because I once worked in tx as a co and really sucked because the governor had the nerve to call co's adult babysitters and that I think was the lowest of the low but now I'm a cop in nyc and I respect all lines of law enforcement we couldn't do it without each other

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
posted a communication 2 hr The Truth! 3
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Figo01 441
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 5 hr Bruser 2,284
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 5 hr Bruser 7,877
Rents for affordable housing apartments that ar... 8 hr Wolfhawk46 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
Review: Morgan And Curtis Associates Mon johnysethi 1
•••

Air Quality Alert for Suffolk County was issued at September 02 at 10:14AM EDT

•••

Melville News Video

•••
•••

Melville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••