Why is Lindenhurst such a Ghetto?
Lindenhursttt

Morris Plains, NJ

#41 Jul 7, 2010
Swindlehurst wrote:
besides Mastic or Shirley (Lindenhurst) AKA Swindlehurst comes in 3rd in Ghetto shanty towns on Long Island.
All I see is White Trash walking around. Cars parked on front lawns. Cars parked in the street on jacks for years unregistered. Kids unkepts. Schools bad. Town looks like hell. Bars are Ghetto!
Lindenhurst looks like a natural diaster hit it and it keeps getting worse.
OKay that is only North Lindenhurst...The villiage is actually nice and well kept.
Lindenhursttt

Morris Plains, NJ

#42 Jul 7, 2010
Swindlehurst wrote:
besides Mastic or Shirley (Lindenhurst) AKA Swindlehurst comes in 3rd in Ghetto shanty towns on Long Island.
All I see is White Trash walking around. Cars parked on front lawns. Cars parked in the street on jacks for years unregistered. Kids unkepts. Schools bad. Town looks like hell. Bars are Ghetto!
Lindenhurst looks like a natural diaster hit it and it keeps getting worse.
Okay this is only North Lindenhurst your talking about which is not alll of Lindenhurst, the VIlliage is very nice and well Kept I can see you have NEVER been to Lindenhurst before because out Middle School is the biggest and best onLong island!
Lindenhursttt

Morris Plains, NJ

#43 Jul 7, 2010
lindenhurst girl wrote:
I have lived in Lindenhurst for all my life. I loved the schools I went to, the luncheonettes that USED to be, kids that used to go to church and then for breakfast at the diner acrosss from the church, the good old days. My kids went to Lindenhurst shcools, they were good, but much more lax than years ago. Time changes everything. Schools don't keep the good principals, they disappear, and some other non caring principals come in. The schools then change. Lindenhurst schools have a problem-if they can't control the children, they "diagnose" them with ADHD send them into evaluations and then special ed classes. I know there are many children who do not belong in the classes, but are there because the teachers can't handle them. They are getting too much money for things they can't handle. Yes, middle school is rougher today than years ago, but come on, a teacher who can't handle an elementary student has issues. They don't belong there. With the kind of taxes we pay, we should have better schools and more training available. They have too many restrictions on kids who left school at 16, who couldn't cope with working at 16, and wants to go back to school. They make them wait till after their class graduates to get a GED. Why make it tough for them to learn, let them get the education their parents are paying so highly for.
And our MAYOR...why are there so many stores on Wellwood Ave vacant? Why can't he do something. This town has become a GHOST TOWN from years ago.
I think the Village should become part of the TOWN, and this way the taxes will be lowered and we can get our stores filled up and look like a real town again. Come on Lindenhurst, STEP UP YOUR GAME.
Okay Lindenhurst is greaT!! Especially in the villiage and I went to Daniel Street and the principle there is strict but also very nice!!! And the Middle school's principal is great!!!! he has a dress code, ENFORCES LINDY PRIDE EVERYDAY, is strict but still very nice!!! SO DON'T TRASH LINDEHURST OKAY!?!?!!
Mayor McCheese

White Plains, NY

#44 Jul 7, 2010
Yes the mayor and the trustees should be stepping up with some ideas to revamp the downtown.
danielle

Massapequa, NY

#45 Jul 7, 2010
Lindenhurst is ghetto it is full of drugs and wanna be gangsters. Houses are boarded up. People do not take care of there property. Stores are closing, which means no jobs. I am embarrassed to live in this town.
danielle

Massapequa, NY

#46 Jul 7, 2010
i live in a house that should be reported there is so many apartments in this one house and we got this little crappy apartment and the landlord doesnt fix a thing
danielle

Massapequa, NY

#47 Jul 7, 2010
Funeral wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess you have an illegal apt in your basement. Damn straight I'm hardworking and I will report everyone that puts in illegal apts and rents rooms!I'm tired of the freeloaders in this town and I'm a 45yr old resident from a a family that resided in this town for over 70yrs. This town is turning to trash and it's time to clean it up!! Start with that village hall the worst we ever saw and Ive seen the corruption of Matherson! Then move on to the town! Enough!
I live in a house that has several apartments in it.The rent is ridiculous for 1bdrm tiny bathroom that no one can fit in. Place is falling apart and the landlord doesn't care he just collects his money. so please find me and report
LINDENHURST GIRL

AOL

#48 Jul 7, 2010
OF COURSE HE CAN'T TELL LANDLORDS TO LOWER THEIR RENT--OTHERS IN AND OUT OF THE VILLAGE PAY THAT AND MORE,,,BUT THE IDEA IS NO ONE WANTS TO RENT IN THE VILLAGE AS THERE IS NO PARKING FOR THE STORES. INSTEAD OF A GAZEBO THAT GOT BLOWN AWAY, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PARKING LOT. WE NEED MORE PARKING TO KEEP OUR VILLAGE FROM LOOKING LIKE A GHOST TOWN. EVERY OTHER STORE IS VACANT....WHY, NOT CAUSE THE RENTS, CAUSE THE SHOPPERS CAN'T PARK ANYWHERE--AND I AM SURE THAT COULD BE TAKEN CARE OF....GET RID OF THE VILLAGE GOVERNMENT AND THE VILLAGE TAXES AND LET THE VILLAGE GO TO BEING A TOWN. WE DON'T HAVE "LINDENHURST" POLICE, LIKE AMITYVILLE AND PATCHOGUE VILLAGES DO..WE HAVE CODE ENFORCEMENT WHO DON'T EVEN TAKE GARAGE SALE SIGNS DOWN AND FINE THOSE PUTTING THOSE TRASHY SIGNS UP ON PUBLIC POLES AND CORNERS ==SO WHAT DOES CODE ENFORCEMENT DO--IRRITATE THE FISHERMEN DOWN AT THE VILLAGE DOCK--GET A LIFE GUY AND STEP UP TO THE PLATE. IF THEY HAD LINDA IN POSITION, THINGS WOULD BE GETTING DONE!!!!!
lindenhurst is not ghetto

Sugar Land, TX

#49 Jul 8, 2010
If u want to see ghetto on long island come to riverhead, ridge, wyandanch, north amityville, central islip, brentwood, and bayshore. But anyone would have to agree North Bellport is the worst. Don't believe me go there yourselves!

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#50 Jul 8, 2010
Come on people, the term ghetto is relative. I lived in the Melville House Boys home and went to Half Hollow Hills Schools (West). This was an economically advanced area relative to Wyandanch where I spent a great deal of time prior to entering foster care.

Working class communities like Lindenhurst have problems with perception because they residents tend to be less educated, working class, and have a higher concentration of minorities. But, it is not a ghetto from a global perspective. Relative to Melville, Dix Hills, Sachem, maybe, but let's be intellectually honest here. Lindenhurst is no real ghetto.

Enjoy your day and vote republican!
Likes Lindenhurst

Long Beach, NY

#51 Jul 10, 2010
White Trash wrote:
Lindenhurst is a lower level white area with some mixed blacks mixed in. I agree abanded cars all over. Boats parked in streets all over shany-town, street are in poor condition, schools are bad, Very depressing town Swindlehurst.
I think you are the trash you can't even spell.
NorthLindyGuy

AOL

#52 Jul 10, 2010
Likes Lindenhurst wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are the trash you can't even spell.
I think you're a troll
HeyItsMe

AOL

#53 Jul 10, 2010
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
Come on people, the term ghetto is relative. I lived in the Melville House Boys home and went to Half Hollow Hills Schools (West). This was an economically advanced area relative to Wyandanch where I spent a great deal of time prior to entering foster care.
Working class communities like Lindenhurst have problems with perception because they residents tend to be less educated, working class, and have a higher concentration of minorities. But, it is not a ghetto from a global perspective. Relative to Melville, Dix Hills, Sachem, maybe, but let's be intellectually honest here. Lindenhurst is no real ghetto.
Enjoy your day and vote republican!
Well said, but don't bother voting Republican they're all for the rich.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#54 Jul 10, 2010
HeyItsMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, but don't bother voting Republican they're all for the rich.
Ha! Not true, I was a conservative thinker even when I was a poor little boy from Wyandanch. I had conservative convictions even when I was moving from foster home to foster home all over the Island. I was a registered republican even though I was a poor scholarship boy at Buffalo.

I am not rich today, but we are doing quite well financially. We have no debt, and I have a great job. But that is not because I vote republican. It is because I live my conservative principles.

There are plenty of rich liberals in Hollywood and many conservatives in trailer parks. Please do not confuse economic circumstances with economic principles. There is no correlation.
HeyItsMe

AOL

#55 Jul 10, 2010
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! Not true, I was a conservative thinker even when I was a poor little boy from Wyandanch. I had conservative convictions even when I was moving from foster home to foster home all over the Island. I was a registered republican even though I was a poor scholarship boy at Buffalo.
I am not rich today, but we are doing quite well financially. We have no debt, and I have a great job. But that is not because I vote republican. It is because I live my conservative principles.
There are plenty of rich liberals in Hollywood and many conservatives in trailer parks. Please do not confuse economic circumstances with economic principles. There is no correlation.
Okay, but how does being Republican compared to Democrat benefit some poor kid?

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#56 Jul 10, 2010
HeyItsMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but how does being Republican compared to Democrat benefit some poor kid?
It does not. The difference is that republicans tend to be more generous and do not require government intervention to implement service programs. Democrats are equally generous but they believe that generosity should be legislated through higher taxes and social programs. Notice your rich liberals, they tell you in concerts to drive shitty economical vehicles but they have 12 cylinder benz’.

Being poor and remaining poor helped me to realize that my circumstances will not change unless I do something about it. For the first 17 ˝ years I waited for that special social program that would get me where I needed to go. But, by the time I was 13 I realized that I was waiting for a dream. I was poor because my parent(s) made poor decisions. We were poor because my parent(s) were uneducated. We were poor because they believed they were part of an underclass and deserved it. I was conditioned to hate whites, rich, and other demographics. But, by the time I was about 13, I realized they were terrible lessons to teach a child.

I started cutting lawns, and what do you know?…I was able to purchase food for my brothers. I got a paper route and guess what?…I was able to buy some clothes for us too. Funny, the harder I worked, the better off I was. But my fellow Wyandanch residents on occasion would forcibly take my hard earned income, clothes, and food from me because they felt they deserved it more than I did in spite of my working for it. And, now a republican is born. There is one thing I hate more than Syracuse University; and, that is someone who believe they are ‘entitled’-liberals.
HeyItsMe

AOL

#57 Jul 10, 2010
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>It does not. The difference is that republicans tend to be more generous and do not require government intervention to implement service programs. Democrats are equally generous but they believe that generosity should be legislated through higher taxes and social programs. Notice your rich liberals, they tell you in concerts to drive shitty economical vehicles but they have 12 cylinder benz’.
Being poor and remaining poor helped me to realize that my circumstances will not change unless I do something about it. For the first 17 ˝ years I waited for that special social program that would get me where I needed to go. But, by the time I was 13 I realized that I was waiting for a dream. I was poor because my parent(s) made poor decisions. We were poor because my parent(s) were uneducated. We were poor because they believed they were part of an underclass and deserved it. I was conditioned to hate whites, rich, and other demographics. But, by the time I was about 13, I realized they were terrible lessons to teach a child.
I started cutting lawns, and what do you know?…I was able to purchase food for my brothers. I got a paper route and guess what?…I was able to buy some clothes for us too. Funny, the harder I worked, the better off I was. But my fellow Wyandanch residents on occasion would forcibly take my hard earned income, clothes, and food from me because they felt they deserved it more than I did in spite of my working for it. And, now a republican is born. There is one thing I hate more than Syracuse University; and, that is someone who believe they are ‘entitled’-liberals.
Very well put

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#59 Jul 11, 2010
HeyItsMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well put
I am not sure if I properly answered your question...
I would agree that democratic social programs may help a poor kid with greater success because they are earmarked for such services. But, these programs do not address the root cause; parents. Republican social programs are about changing behavior and reaping the rewards for the changes or suffering the consequences for continuing the same behavior. So, no program is any good if a child is going hungry, but it is not the responsibility of your government to keep their bellies full. It is the responsibility of those who pro-created. Why should I pay higher taxes to feed a child without having the benefit of sleeping with the child’s mother? I say that tongue and cheek but there is some seriousness to that question. Where is the father and why is he not stepping up? And, why do these women lower their standards to a man who they know would not care for them in their time of need; motherhood?
HeyItsMe

AOL

#61 Jul 11, 2010
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure if I properly answered your question...
I would agree that democratic social programs may help a poor kid with greater success because they are earmarked for such services. But, these programs do not address the root cause; parents. Republican social programs are about changing behavior and reaping the rewards for the changes or suffering the consequences for continuing the same behavior. So, no program is any good if a child is going hungry, but it is not the responsibility of your government to keep their bellies full. It is the responsibility of those who pro-created. Why should I pay higher taxes to feed a child without having the benefit of sleeping with the child’s mother? I say that tongue and cheek but there is some seriousness to that question. Where is the father and why is he not stepping up? And, why do these women lower their standards to a man who they know would not care for them in their time of need; motherhood?
This especially answered my question. but remember politicians don't always follow the theories their parties believe in.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#62 Jul 12, 2010
HeyItsMe wrote:
<quoted text>
This especially answered my question. but remember politicians don't always follow the theories their parties believe in.
I totally agree, i was just offering up the general principles of each party. I believe they both mean well; one just believes it is ok to legislate behaviors such as generosity. That goes against my grain...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) 3 hr Nancy Weinstein 8
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 12 hr Bruser 8,605
Who would really wear a little 81 gay sex patch... (Feb '10) Oct 14 AFFA4EVER 30
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Oct 13 Bruser 2,778
News Conflict holds up tax breaks for $5M Bay Shore ... Oct 10 rehab land 1
News Phil Boyle drops out of Suffolk sheriff's race Oct 10 cesspool 1
News Closing of solar firm causes confusion for Long... Oct 8 Solarman 1

Melville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melville Mortgages