Ex-Melrose Park police chief convicted of fraud

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The former police chief of Melrose Park and two other men have been found guilty of what prosecutors call a ten-year reign of corruption in the suburbs.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Joe

Willowbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Judged:

About time...Now its Mayor Serpico who will be next
The Great Ronaldo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Judged:

Joe wrote:
About time...Now its Mayor Serpico who will be next
That day cannot come too soon. Mayor Ronnie Serpico had to know for years exactly what Scavo was doing, and much, much more.
Pamy

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Judged:

U.S. Attorney Fitzgerald and his assistants are my heroes. Thank God we have them to get rid of scum like Scavo and his like. Let the rest of the snakes in Melrose Park hear the message!!
Vito

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Judged:

I am innocent.
Animal

Hickory Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Judged:

Vito wrote:
I am innocent.
Tell it to the judge. You are a disgrace to the village of MP.
Now

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Judged:

How is it that the cops who admited in court being currupt still can keep working? Fire the whole bunch.
Bust - Dr Giachinno MD

Manteno, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

happy ! next should be DRUG PUSHING DOCTOR of Melrose Park + Melrose Park Clinic >> Dr. G
pad

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

grgeg
News release

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Hey Melrose... are you still in denial. Only the brain dead. Serpico and Pitassi keep looking over your shoulder. Do you see Fitzgerald yet ???
scooter

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

I was born and raised in melrose park probably will die here all the fifty plus years i lived here i wondered just what to the police do in this town now that ronnie is installing camera's everywhere but this case against vito answered my fifty year old question as to what do the police do know i know they deliver furniture wash cars and they are pooper scoopers
Next

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Judged:

News release wrote:
Hey Melrose... are you still in denial. Only the brain dead. Serpico and Pitassi keep looking over your shoulder. Do you see Fitzgerald yet ???
Vito is only one of many. He has a bunch of criminal partners and their time will come. Soon.
Patrick Fitzgerld

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

Corruption in Melrose and in Cicero. What do they have in common? Stay tuned for more indictments to wrap it all up. How you doin Ronnie? Sleeping ok? Afraid of what convicted formef cops might say?
missing the Point

Bellwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

its over
Tuco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

To all humanoids,

The cops in this story were making a few extra dollars. Now compare that to the scum you elected in Washington that are stealing billions. How about this humanoids the crooks on Wall Street that brought the world to a financial crises getting bonus for doing that thanks to the crooks in Washington.

Yes, humanoids be pround the government wasted all this money for what. The chicken bleep government tough guys let drugs sales go on but they sure stopped 3 cops from making a few extra dollars.

The solution to this big criime wave was for the cops to repay the village for the time abuse. It was not worth the cost to put these guys away.

You have done well humanoids
Youidiot

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

Judged:

Tuco wrote:
To all humanoids,
The cops in this story were making a few extra dollars. Now compare that to the scum you elected in Washington that are stealing billions. How about this humanoids the crooks on Wall Street that brought the world to a financial crises getting bonus for doing that thanks to the crooks in Washington.
Yes, humanoids be pround the government wasted all this money for what. The chicken bleep government tough guys let drugs sales go on but they sure stopped 3 cops from making a few extra dollars.
The solution to this big criime wave was for the cops to repay the village for the time abuse. It was not worth the cost to put these guys away.
You have done well humanoids
The corrupt paid off cops and politicians took in millions of dollars, did not control crime and they have actually allowed more crime at great cost to the taxpayers to flourish. It is worth every penny to prosecute and jail them. You defend the crooks as though you are one of them.
Ementi Coary

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

How did I make it without being called down?
toobadsosad

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

Ementi Coary wrote:
How did I make it without being called down?
the bigger question may be, if you knew something, why didn't you step up on your own?
bigego

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

Next wrote:
<quoted text>
Vito is only one of many. He has a bunch of criminal partners and their time will come. Soon.
he is way too greedy to have partners
geezo

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

bigego wrote:
<quoted text>
he is way too greedy to have partners
trial is over,let it rest
Animal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

News release wrote:
We aren't "Brain dead". We realize the mess our town is in & we know that the corruption is more widespread than it looks. When are you going to tell us what the big "surprise is going to be?" You seem to know more than the feds. So speak up already!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melrose Park Discussions

Search the Melrose Park Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VOTE NO to the proposed tax. 22 min whowantstoknow 14
Mayor with no class 25 min whowantstoknow 9
Run Zurek out of town (Apr '13) 30 min whowantstoknow 4
Zurek still costing taxpayers big $$$ (May '13) 40 min whowantstoknow 25
Mexicans Love Mr Fat Ronnie 2 hr Roy McCambell is a leech 9
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Chicagobunny 47,070
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 3 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
•••
•••
•••
Melrose Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Melrose Park Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Melrose Park People Search