2311 Division Street Condo Building

2311 Division Street Condo Building

Posted in the Melrose Park Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sellridge

Bellwood, IL

#1 Aug 17, 2011
Let me get this straight (please correct me if I am wrong about anything, because I want to know what the hell is going on over there!).
The Village or Melrose purchased this building of 48 condos from a private company recently. According a friend who works for the village, there are several people who live there rent free. Including; several village employees, Terry Serpico (brother of the mayor), and Vito Scavo's wife... Vito will be living there himself rent free when he gets out of prison. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.
This in an outrage! I am a taxpayer and citizen of Melrose Park. Why can't I live there rent free since I own a portion of the building???? This building was bought with village tax dollars, another outrage!
How is this possible. I mean is this even legal? Is anyone else who is reading this as outraged as me about this situation?
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF MELROSE PARK, YOU YOURSELF ARE AN OWNER OF THIS BUILDING.
This condo building was bought with are own tax dollars and we, as residents of Melrose, who paid for this, didn't even have a say in the decision to make this purchase! So again, why can't we all live there for free?
Why and how would Ron Serpico even do this without asking his honest, hard working tax payers?
I'm just waiting for the day when this building and the shady purchase of it will be on TV, on a Channel 7 investigation or a Carol Marin special.
I must ask again, how do these people affiliated with Serpico get to live here for free when we are the ones paying for it?
In conclusison, what can us, as taxpayers of the village, do about this?
Ronnie S

Wheaton, IL

#2 Aug 17, 2011
DUH, GEE I am the BOSS
Matt

Wheaton, IL

#3 Aug 17, 2011
To keep it simple: This was village property (old public works). It was sold to a developer, Ronnie's friends, with a huge kick back to Ronnie I'm sure. It was then built into condos and the intention was never there to sell any. Instead the entire building was sold back to the village, with another huge kick back to Ronnie I'm sure. What a sweet deal for Ronnie's buddies the builder during a time when real estate is not selling, let alone in a dump town like Melrose Park where property values are comparable to ghettos. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm not, it's not brain surgery. The part about Vito I didn't hear, but he will need free rent cause he owes the feds alot of cash.
Sellridge wrote:
Let me get this straight (please correct me if I am wrong about anything, because I want to know what the hell is going on over there!).
The Village or Melrose purchased this building of 48 condos from a private company recently. According a friend who works for the village, there are several people who live there rent free. Including; several village employees, Terry Serpico (brother of the mayor), and Vito Scavo's wife... Vito will be living there himself rent free when he gets out of prison. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.
This in an outrage! I am a taxpayer and citizen of Melrose Park. Why can't I live there rent free since I own a portion of the building???? This building was bought with village tax dollars, another outrage!
How is this possible. I mean is this even legal? Is anyone else who is reading this as outraged as me about this situation?
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF MELROSE PARK, YOU YOURSELF ARE AN OWNER OF THIS BUILDING.
This condo building was bought with are own tax dollars and we, as residents of Melrose, who paid for this, didn't even have a say in the decision to make this purchase! So again, why can't we all live there for free?
Why and how would Ron Serpico even do this without asking his honest, hard working tax payers?
I'm just waiting for the day when this building and the shady purchase of it will be on TV, on a Channel 7 investigation or a Carol Marin special.
I must ask again, how do these people affiliated with Serpico get to live here for free when we are the ones paying for it?
In conclusison, what can us, as taxpayers of the village, do about this?
blah

Downers Grove, IL

#4 Aug 18, 2011
Sellridge wrote:
Let me get this straight (please correct me if I am wrong about anything, because I want to know what the hell is going on over there!).
The Village or Melrose purchased this building of 48 condos from a private company recently. According a friend who works for the village, there are several people who live there rent free. Including; several village employees, Terry Serpico (brother of the mayor), and Vito Scavo's wife... Vito will be living there himself rent free when he gets out of prison. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.
This in an outrage! I am a taxpayer and citizen of Melrose Park. Why can't I live there rent free since I own a portion of the building???? This building was bought with village tax dollars, another outrage!
How is this possible. I mean is this even legal? Is anyone else who is reading this as outraged as me about this situation?
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF MELROSE PARK, YOU YOURSELF ARE AN OWNER OF THIS BUILDING.
This condo building was bought with are own tax dollars and we, as residents of Melrose, who paid for this, didn't even have a say in the decision to make this purchase! So again, why can't we all live there for free?
Why and how would Ron Serpico even do this without asking his honest, hard working tax payers?
I'm just waiting for the day when this building and the shady purchase of it will be on TV, on a Channel 7 investigation or a Carol Marin special.
I must ask again, how do these people affiliated with Serpico get to live here for free when we are the ones paying for it?
In conclusison, what can us, as taxpayers of the village, do about this?
blah blah blah
JRS

Geneva, IL

#5 Aug 19, 2011
Sellridge wrote:
Let me get this straight (please correct me if I am wrong about anything, because I want to know what the hell is going on over there!).
The Village or Melrose purchased this building of 48 condos from a private company recently. According a friend who works for the village, there are several people who live there rent free. Including; several village employees, Terry Serpico (brother of the mayor), and Vito Scavo's wife... Vito will be living there himself rent free when he gets out of prison. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.
This in an outrage! I am a taxpayer and citizen of Melrose Park. Why can't I live there rent free since I own a portion of the building???? This building was bought with village tax dollars, another outrage!
How is this possible. I mean is this even legal? Is anyone else who is reading this as outraged as me about this situation?
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF MELROSE PARK, YOU YOURSELF ARE AN OWNER OF THIS BUILDING.
This condo building was bought with are own tax dollars and we, as residents of Melrose, who paid for this, didn't even have a say in the decision to make this purchase! So again, why can't we all live there for free?
Why and how would Ron Serpico even do this without asking his honest, hard working tax payers?
I'm just waiting for the day when this building and the shady purchase of it will be on TV, on a Channel 7 investigation or a Carol Marin special.
I must ask again, how do these people affiliated with Serpico get to live here for free when we are the ones paying for it?
In conclusison, what can us, as taxpayers of the village, do about this?
first of all Terry Serpico does not live there.. Second whomever you are getting your info from is full of s--t!! Maybe, if you went to the board meetings and opened up your mouth there instead of going on here because you dont have the balls to go to the meetings then you might get the TRUTH!! SO IF IT BOTHERS YOU THAT MUCH CALL CHANNEL 5, 7, 9, AND 32 AND LISTEN TO THEM LAUGH AT YOU.. WHAT A JOKE.. If you knew what your are talking about you would know Terry lives on 18th IDIOT!!!!
JRS

Geneva, IL

#6 Aug 19, 2011
Matt wrote:
To keep it simple: This was village property (old public works). It was sold to a developer, Ronnie's friends, with a huge kick back to Ronnie I'm sure. It was then built into condos and the intention was never there to sell any. Instead the entire building was sold back to the village, with another huge kick back to Ronnie I'm sure. What a sweet deal for Ronnie's buddies the builder during a time when real estate is not selling, let alone in a dump town like Melrose Park where property values are comparable to ghettos. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm not, it's not brain surgery. The part about Vito I didn't hear, but he will need free rent cause he owes the feds alot of cash.
<quoted text>
I hope you have a good attorney.. If you keep slandering people and making false statements you could end up in civil court with a lawsuit on your hands.. Talk about what you know is fact.. If you can prove that bs then call the fbi and let them know.. Otherwise you are no better then the rest of them..
JRonSerpico

Melrose Park, IL

#7 Aug 20, 2011
JRS wrote:
<quoted text> I hope you have a good attorney.. If you keep slandering people and making false statements you could end up in civil court with a lawsuit on your hands.. Talk about what you know is fact.. If you can prove that bs then call the fbi and let them know.. Otherwise you are no better then the rest of them..
You go tell em JRS. You sure sound defensive though.
Matt

Wheaton, IL

#8 Aug 20, 2011
I understand Ronnie and Vito aslo have friends and they have to defend them on these posts, and I somewhat respect you for that. But, if you think Ronnie is the best thing that ever happened Melrose Park and he has done so much good for the town, then you are the one who is no better then the rest of them. Being the Mayor of Melrose Park means only jobs for your friends and money in your pocket, that is why Melrose is in the shape it is in and this building is a prime example. It was as shady and in your face as it can get, but of course it was all legit on paper. So was alot of Vito's security business ans look what happened. Only time will tell.
JRS wrote:
<quoted text> I hope you have a good attorney.. If you keep slandering people and making false statements you could end up in civil court with a lawsuit on your hands.. Talk about what you know is fact.. If you can prove that bs then call the fbi and let them know.. Otherwise you are no better then the rest of them..
JRS

Geneva, IL

#9 Aug 20, 2011
JRonSerpico wrote:
<quoted text> You go tell em JRS. You sure sound defensive though.
Not defending anyone.. Just stating fact. That is something that is not done on these blogs.. When you make accusations like that at least have some idea of what you are talking about.
Matt

Wheaton, IL

#10 Aug 21, 2011
You're right, I've lived in Melrose Park my entire life, seen several mayors come and go and worked for the village, but I have no idea what I'm talking about. Only you do.
JRS wrote:
<quoted text> Not defending anyone.. Just stating fact. That is something that is not done on these blogs.. When you make accusations like that at least have some idea of what you are talking about.
Riddler

Melrose Park, IL

#11 Sep 7, 2011
well why does the village purchase a building for around 6 million i think and not fix are bridge on 15th and north? When is a village in the rental business? This is another headache they dont neeed.....
MP Resident

Bellwood, IL

#12 Sep 9, 2011
RIDDLER these are the questions you should ask at a village board meeting. If you attended you would know that the purchase price wasnt even close to1/2 of 6 million, and it was going to be purchased by a man that is known for his many section 8 buildings. So if he would have purchased it and made it section 8 you would be crying on here saying why would the Village allow section 8. You would also know that the State of Illinois has released money for the 15th Ave. bridge and it was passsed by the village board. Construction will start on bridge end of September. When you have some Information that is truthful and worth our time let us know. Good day
Dancer

Melrose Park, IL

#13 Sep 9, 2011
MP Resident wrote:
RIDDLER these are the questions you should ask at a village board meeting. If you attended you would know that the purchase price wasnt even close to1/2 of 6 million, and it was going to be purchased by a man that is known for his many section 8 buildings. So if he would have purchased it and made it section 8 you would be crying on here saying why would the Village allow section 8. You would also know that the State of Illinois has released money for the 15th Ave. bridge and it was passsed by the village board. Construction will start on bridge end of September. When you have some Information that is truthful and worth our time let us know. Good day
So you're sayimg that if I threaten to go Section 8 the village wlii likely buy my building. Thanks I will start talking to someone about how I can go section 8. Somehow I'm not believing the state will follow through as broke as they are. Keep dreaming.
jrs

Geneva, IL

#14 Oct 17, 2011
Matt wrote:
You're right, I've lived in Melrose Park my entire life, seen several mayors come and go and worked for the village, but I have no idea what I'm talking about. Only you do.
<quoted text>
You are a liar.. There has only been two mayors before our current one.. If you lived here for so long name them!! I know I can . How about you?
oscar

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 18, 2011
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar.. There has only been two mayors before our current one.. If you lived here for so long name them!! I know I can . How about you?
We had lousy jake la spisa and lousy taddeo. Now have lousy fat serpico.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16 Oct 18, 2011
jrs wrote:
<quoted text> You are a liar.. There has only been two mayors before our current one.. If you lived here for so long name them!! I know I can . How about you?
WHO are you kidding,LaSpisa Carson, Frenzle, Wolfe were mayors. Where did you get your information from? Oh ya, BOZO the clown
JRSerpico

Melrose Park, IL

#17 Oct 19, 2011
Taxpayer for years wrote:
<quoted text>WHO are you kidding,LaSpisa Carson, Frenzle, Wolfe were mayors. Where did you get your information from? Oh ya, BOZO the clown
Leave him alone he's special. He's waiting for them to finish the bridge to nowhere. They'll be done very soon. Trust us.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#19 Oct 19, 2011
JRSerpico wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave him alone he's special. He's waiting for them to finish the bridge to nowhere. They'll be done very soon. Trust us.
He needs them to re-educate him
years as a taxpayer

Melrose Park, IL

#20 Oct 23, 2011
Don't buy in that building. I'm sure it will be unsafe because the village inspectors will be their usual incompentent lazy selves.
Stir that pot

West Lafayette, IN

#21 Jul 16, 2012
Dancer wrote:
<quoted text> So you're sayimg that if I threaten to go Section 8 the village wlii likely buy my building. Thanks I will start talking to someone about how I can go section 8. Somehow I'm not believing the state will follow through as broke as they are. Keep dreaming.
Are these the same people that were involved with the license plate scandal/Frickee's / commercial trucking?
http://melroseparklawsuits.com/discuss/forum/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melrose Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Candy Waters Autism Art Scam 16 hr Truth Teller 5
Water/Sewer personnel Mon overtaxed 4
summit gangs (Jan '10) May 28 Harlem gang 49
bond forfeiture Greg Salvi (Jul '15) May 28 You know 109
Summers around the corner do we need Mexicans i... May 28 Brazer 20
Can we please get rid of all the Mexicans in Me... May 27 WILDBILL 21
Greg salvi May 27 WILDBILL 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melrose Park Mortgages