Who Has Been Pulled Over On 9th Avenue?

Who Has Been Pulled Over On 9th Avenue?

Posted in the Melrose Park Forum

Charles S

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 29, 2011
I have been pulled over by the police numerous times on 9th Avenue in the 27 years I've lived in Melrose Park... And I have never received a citation! As I said I am a resident of the village.

In July they got me going 44 in a 20mph zone. As soon as the officer saw I was a resident he sent me on my way, no ticket! 2 years ago I was pulled over for doing 48 in a 20, again no ticket.

A nice man I work with who is black was pulled over last month for going 24mph in a 20... he got a citation! 4mph over the speed limit!

Where I work it is over 50% black. The majority of them will simply not drive through Melrose Park anymore, at all. They will even drive out of their way to avoid the village streets. I think it is nice that they don't give tickets to residents. But writing tickets for going 4mph over to non residents? That is a little extreme.
Chuckie Cheese

Bellwood, IL

#2 Nov 29, 2011
Charles S wrote:
I have been pulled over by the police numerous times on 9th Avenue in the 27 years I've lived in Melrose Park... And I have never received a citation! As I said I am a resident of the village.
In July they got me going 44 in a 20mph zone. As soon as the officer saw I was a resident he sent me on my way, no ticket! 2 years ago I was pulled over for doing 48 in a 20, again no ticket.
A nice man I work with who is black was pulled over last month for going 24mph in a 20... he got a citation! 4mph over the speed limit!
Where I work it is over 50% black. The majority of them will simply not drive through Melrose Park anymore, at all. They will even drive out of their way to avoid the village streets. I think it is nice that they don't give tickets to residents. But writing tickets for going 4mph over to non residents? That is a little extreme.
First off, you deserve a ticket for every infraction you committed. Second, where do you get your information? You say you got it from one black guy you work with and that all other blacks are afraid to drive down 9th Avenue due to cops "profiling" them? Come on! In this day & age, nobody would allow this to happen, including the Feds & State authorities. I see MANY black drivers on 9th avenue on a daily basis. As a matter of fact,I believe they are the most numerous on that road. Just sit there and count the faces of the drivers. I have personally seen drivers of ALL ethnic backgrounds being stopped and ticketed on 9th Avenue. People use that street as a raceway (and obviously you are one of them) We have to be VERY careful when crossing 9th Avenue at any of the stop signs for fear someone will broadside you! I've seen it happen. If I were the Mayor, I'd have cops sitting near 9th Avenue all day and most of the night to catch the goofs like you who speed constantly and blow the stop signs. So, stop your baby crap whining and go to the station and turn yourself in for your past infractions. You deserve it! And stop trying to inflame racial tensions with your heresay and inuendos. CRY BABY! Oh, and by the way, 4 MPH obver the limit IS speeding dummy!
Joe Melrose

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 2, 2011
If the blacks are not going to come into melrose park because of the cops they every officer should get a raise. Crime should be way down.
Chuckie Cheese

Bellwood, IL

#4 Dec 2, 2011
Joe Melrose wrote:
If the blacks are not going to come into melrose park because of the cops they every officer should get a raise. Crime should be way down.
They have to come here to shop. There aren't many, if any major retailers/chains in Maywood or Bellwood.
Northwest settler

United States

#5 Jun 5, 2012
Anyone on a suspension or with a prior Violation ever been pulled over - then, been issued a village ticket for something minor like a seat belt violation or had their passenger issued a seatbelt ticket instead?
Were you asked to pay for the favor?
Www.melroseparkLawsuits.com
Town resident

United States

#6 Sep 5, 2012
They should start doing that with the mexicans, maybe we can get rid of some of them. Not like they have a license or insurance. God bless Mexico, I mean the USA
mee

Lake Zurich, IL

#7 Sep 6, 2012
I think charles s should slow down before he runs over one of those little black kids.... jus sayn...
ex MPer

Belvidere, IL

#8 Oct 5, 2012
Town resident wrote:
They should start doing that with the mexicans, maybe we can get rid of some of them. Not like they have a license or insurance. God bless Mexico, I mean the USA
Wow I thought I heard all the ignorant racist people left Melrose Park. I guess not. You dsy nrgstive things about Mexicans in Melrose. Well swallow that bitter pill Mr. Get used to seeing Mexicans in Melrose, they are not going anywhere. They dont die they multiply!
libertarian

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 6, 2012
Town resident wrote:
Move to Arizona then. You can live in your police state along with the rest of your Aryan brothers. The rest of us want to still live under some semblance of freedom.
Chuckie Cheese

Naperville, IL

#10 Jan 20, 2013
everyday

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melrose Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gone but not forgotten (May '09) 5 hr Presto 748
To many Mexicans? (Jul '17) Thu WILDBILL 40
were did the white ppl go (Jan '14) Apr 18 Europe 3
Melrose Park Narcissism Apr 18 TonyT 4
Taylor St. gypsies claiming Melrose Parker iden... Apr 16 WILDBILL 17
radio silence (Oct '17) Apr 15 clean things up 17
pete venute (Mar '16) Apr 2 WILDBILL 95

Melrose Park Jobs

Personal Finance

Melrose Park Mortgages