Man sentenced for raping girl near Me...

Man sentenced for raping girl near Melrose

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 17, 2009, titled Man sentenced for raping girl near Melrose. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A 22-year-old man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for raping a teenage girl who was riding a bicycle on the Lake Wobegon Regional Trail near Melrose last summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Larry

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Nov 17, 2009
yikes wrote:
And by not pursuing illegal entry into our country, are we sending the message that we're light on prosecuting other types of crimes, such as rape?
If we're not going to prosecute illegal entry, then we need to decriminalize it. And we need to get comfortable talking about rather than tiptoeing around it. Most of us are immigrants. Most of us got here legally (or our ancestors did). It's not a foreign concept and it's certainly not a modern construct.
Better idea. Open hunting season on illegals. Put a $25 bounty on each one. On a good day someone out of work and down on his luck might be able to earn 100 bucks. Good way to keep food on the table.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Nov 17, 2009
he isnt Norwegian is he?

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Nov 17, 2009
there has to be a scholarship waiting for him at the Uof M
batman

West Hartford, CT

#24 Nov 17, 2009
What was she doing riding her bike on a trail? I blame the parents.
GLOCK

Saint Michael, MN

#25 Nov 17, 2009
Don't forget that in MN. he will only do 2/3 of his sentence and get credit for any time already seved in jail. 6yrs tops!!!!!!!!
GLOCK

Saint Michael, MN

#26 Nov 17, 2009
TYPO 8yrs. TPOS!!!!!!!!!
Tina

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Nov 17, 2009
Cut his testicles off!!!!!
Bob

Hastings, MN

#28 Nov 17, 2009
8 years and then maybe charged for being illegal? Now that is classic. How about since he is illegal we boot him the he77 out of our country the old Sicilian way.
The Golf Guy

Apopka, FL

#29 Nov 17, 2009
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Better idea. Open hunting season on illegals. Put a $25 bounty on each one. On a good day someone out of work and down on his luck might be able to earn 100 bucks. Good way to keep food on the table.
I don't know what is worse, you saying what you did, or two a-holes agreeing with you.
GLOCK

Saint Michael, MN

#30 Nov 17, 2009
The Golf Guy wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know what is worse, you saying what you did, or two a-holes agreeing with you.
Obviously a DFL'er (Dumb F****ng Liberal). Maybe it will be one of your realitives or friends next time (with any luck)(:(:(:
The Golf Guy

Apopka, FL

#31 Nov 18, 2009
GLOCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously a DFL'er (Dumb F **** ng Liberal). Maybe it will be one of your realitives or friends next time (with any luck)(:(:(:
Because I think you're an idiot for agreeing about killing all illegals, makes me DFL? Boy are you clueless. How about if I was from Florida, then what?

Since: Oct 09

Fredericksburg, VA

#32 Nov 25, 2009
Batman from Cleveland...

Blame the parents? Before you do, understand the what you are blaming them for. This is my home, so let me clue you in a little.

The girl was riding her bike on a paved trail. The Lake Wobegon Trail, in central Minnesota is not some dark trail in the woods, not in Melrose. genrally speaking, it runs between two roads, one a major interstate an average of 150 yards to the south, and various county roads to the north, usually much closer to these roads. The area is greatly rural, with many family farms and small towns along the route.

The area where this took place was just outside of our city of 3500 as the girl was headed to her home, it was in the middle of the afternoon in broad daylight.

Typical of so many people...blame the victim, blame the parents, blame everyone but the perpetrator and the laws and weak-minded people that allow our country, cities, communities to be run into the ground by these ilk.

Two years ago, another illegal was driving a van in southern Minnesota, she ran a stop sign and hit a school bus killing four children. I suppose those parents are to blame also?

The nice thing about free speech is we are all guaranteed the right to do it. The bad thing is that people like you exercise it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota town enforcing two dogs per family or... Apr '16 KimG 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
Dot Cooper (Jan '15) Jan '15 Dot Cooper 1
Single? Married but "Adventurous"? Wish there w... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Anonymous 1
News St. Anthony, Minnesota to Pay $200,000 to Settl... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Sunshine 2
News $50K reward offered in case of missing Falcon H... (Feb '10) Feb '14 ksj 39
Bright Flashes of Light in the sky near Little ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Julie 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melrose Mortgages