Man sentenced for raping girl near Me...

Man sentenced for raping girl near Melrose

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 17, 2009, titled Man sentenced for raping girl near Melrose. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A 22-year-old man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for raping a teenage girl who was riding a bicycle on the Lake Wobegon Regional Trail near Melrose last summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 17, 2009
What a J/a/c/k/a/s/s I hope this girl can recover from this violation.
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#2 Nov 17, 2009
Here illegally? So is he an illegal alien or an un-documented worker? I can't believe he was able to get across our southern border. Before we make assumptions about this un-documented crimminal let's wait until he serves his whole sentence for rape. Remember he still has to pay to repair her bike. If he re-pays her he has to be a good guy. Geez, have some compassion people!
NoSht

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Nov 17, 2009
"He also could be deported once he has served his prison sentence."

"could be" Give me a break.
Is this country f'd up or what? Won't even enforce it's own laws. Keep this Pr1ck in prison for the full 12 years then dorp him off in his native land where he can be a menace there. No supervised release...
Javier

Buffalo, MN

#4 Nov 17, 2009
Oh good. The judge is making him pay to repair the girls bicycle. THAT will be a deterrent for others thinking of doing the same thing! AND they MIGHT deport this illegal POS after he serves his time.

How about we deport his lifeless body back to Mexico or wherever he is from? Is it not about time MN gets serious about punishing crimes like this? If YOU were this girls parent and you find out that one of the punishments for this rapist is that he has to pay to have your daughters bike repaired, would you be outraged?

The state should have to buy this girl a new bike with the money they make from selling seats to see this dirtbag hang!

Minnesota....our state is a f' ng joke! How dare you judges go light on rapists, murderers, and child molesters. You judges have trivialized the crime of rape and its effect on the lives of the victim. A rape victim SHOULD have the peace of mind knowing that her attacker is serving life without parole, or better, the death penalty.
Ruben Where Are You

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Nov 17, 2009
Funny, Ruben Rosario doesn't seem to have the time to write about this wonderful illegal alien. I'm guessing this the sentence in Mexico for this POS would be much more severe. Hopefully, he brought a whole bunch of family members with him. We'd like to educate them and give them health care. Hope and change!!
Candace

Madison, WI

#6 Nov 17, 2009
No surprise here. Remember that to law enforcement, the prosecutors and the judges, rape is just an emotional crime. No real damage, no revenue to be had. Just pass it along and get on to the next case where some good publicity, a valuable forfeiture is at stake for some shared revenue, some court costs can be imposed, or some high priced attorney is making some money. That's what's really important in the justice system today. Everyone just trying to justify their existence.
Groucho

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 17, 2009
Was this guy sentenced for rape or was he sentenced for raping someone near Melrose? The headline makes sound like it's okay to rape someone as long as it's not near Melrose.
President Eisenhower

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Nov 17, 2009
HE WAS AN ILLEGAL ALIEN!
THIS IS WHY HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEPORTED IN THE FIRST PLACE! 13 MILLION PEOPLE ARE IN THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY!
DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS!
President Eisenhower

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Nov 17, 2009
THIS IS THE TYPE OF PERSON OBAMA WANTS TO GIVE AMNESTY TO!
MAD IN MINNESOTA

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Nov 17, 2009
I am very PISSED that the story says that an ILLEGAL ALIEN might be deported after RAPING A 14 YR. OLD GIRL. it should say that he will be after serving his sentence and that he should further more have to pay for his prison stay with out any of the free medical all get in jail,

this just goes to show how broken and unjust the justice system is here in the USA I am a PROUD AMERICAN but when I see stories like this I am ASHAMED TO SAY THAT and also feel that the judge should seriously consider a new career if he feels that sentence is the right one with out DEPORTATION with the WAY TOO FEW STAFF TO SUPERVISE THESE PEOPLE and the amount of RE OFFENDERS or does he wish to see yet another young girls life shattered forever.
Indie

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Nov 17, 2009
I say forget even paying for this POS prison stay. Give him a choice. Either a bullet in the head, or he can go live in Somalia. Gee 12 whole years? Really judge? I wonder if it was their daughter. Of course we "might" deport him. Then he'll sneak back in and rape again. Apparently though, rememember, they'll do jobs Americans won't do. BUILD THE FREEEKING WALL!
James

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Nov 17, 2009
The article states Ajquie"may be deported"after his 12 year prison term is served.This deportation should be automatic with the understanding that if Ajquie ever comes back to the United States,he will be executed.
predictions_

United States

#13 Nov 17, 2009
Indie wrote:
I say forget even paying for this POS prison stay. Give him a choice. Either a bullet in the head, or he can go live in Somalia. Gee 12 whole years? Really judge? I wonder if it was their daughter. Of course we "might" deport him. Then he'll sneak back in and rape again. Apparently though, rememember, they'll do jobs Americans won't do. BUILD THE FREEEKING WALL!
i'm not so sure about the wall thing anymore. the government desperately wants to import more criminals, diseased people, terrorists, etc, they have a free pass to enter at will. a wall could only mean a barrier to prevent citizens from seeking escape. being born a us citizen is rapidly becoming something horrible. that poor girl, she's probably going to be forced to spend the next few years listening to liberals call her a racist.
Bootsontheroad

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Nov 17, 2009
But he just came here for a better life. When are we going to learn that illegal is in fact not with in the law and that makes the person a criminal.
Reginald Lisowski

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Nov 17, 2009
You people are so stupid. The guy got the presumptive sentence. Don't like it? Work to change it.
yikes

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Nov 17, 2009
This rapist is giving law-abiding illegals a bad name. Ooops--oxymoron.

We can't have it both ways. Either illegal entry into this country is treated as a crime (as are other instances of breaking laws) or illegal entry into this country is deemed legal--no more visa applications.

There is no middle ground in this debate. And frankly, America can't afford to bankroll impoverished souls from afar; we've got more than we can handle in our own neighborhoods.("33 million Americans continue to live in households that did not have an adequate supply of food. Nearly one-third of these households contain adults or children who went hungry at some point in 2000.")

There's a commercial currently airing about people in Africa suffering from sub-par medical care for routine procedures and won't you please donate now to help? How many Americans are suffering because they can't afford medical care? I know too many elderly Americans who can't even afford to take all of their prescriptions.

One camel can't carry the entire tribe! Foreign folks, why not try to make your homelands better for yourselves? There's no more water in this well.
Matt -New Market

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Nov 17, 2009
"Could" be deoported? Are you freaking kidding me? He SHOULD be deported IMMEDIATELY after serving his sentence.
yikes

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Nov 17, 2009
And by not pursuing illegal entry into our country, are we sending the message that we're light on prosecuting other types of crimes, such as rape?

If we're not going to prosecute illegal entry, then we need to decriminalize it. And we need to get comfortable talking about rather than tiptoeing around it. Most of us are immigrants. Most of us got here legally (or our ancestors did). It's not a foreign concept and it's certainly not a modern construct.
Nimrod

Rockville, MD

#19 Nov 17, 2009
Javier wrote:
........How about we deport his lifeless body back to Mexico or wherever he is from?.....
too expensive, just throw it in a dumpster
Larry

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Nov 17, 2009
Reginald Lisowski wrote:
You people are so stupid. The guy got the presumptive sentence. Don't like it? Work to change it.
We do work to change it but morons in this state keep voting for Democrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Shooting During Traffic Stop Leaves Minn... (Jul '16) Feb '17 Waikiki the DUMP 43
News 118 Cats Euthanized After "Rescue" from Mobile ... (Feb '09) Jul '16 hog jaws 597
News Minnesota town enforcing two dogs per family or... (Apr '16) Apr '16 KimG 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
Dot Cooper (Jan '15) Jan '15 Dot Cooper 1
Bright Flashes of Light in the sky near Little ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Julie 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '11 ex-pert 162

Melrose Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melrose Mortgages