Mary Jo McGuire wins special election for Minnesota Senate

Apr 12, 2011 Read more: TwinCities.com 116
Former state Rep. Mary Jo McGuire handily won Tuesday's special election for the state Senate seat recently vacated by Ellen Anderson. Read more
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Atta Boy Target

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 12, 2011
uh-oh. doesn't anyone remember what happened last time she was in office? anyone? uh-oh
Rene Arbogast

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 12, 2011
This is Mary Jo's second time around and I still don't know much about her. Does she have a husband? Any kids? How is her family doing with her ambition to run again? Tim Pawlenty is an open book with his wife a judge and all that but Mary Jo is more a mystery. Hopefully the Pioneer Press will give us a little more now that she has been elected.
Robert Thorn

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Apr 12, 2011
Rene Arbogast wrote:
This is Mary Jo's second time around and I still don't know much about her. Does she have a husband? Any kids? How is her family doing with her ambition to run again? Tim Pawlenty is an open book with his wife a judge and all that but Mary Jo is more a mystery. Hopefully the Pioneer Press will give us a little more now that she has been elected.
Single, no kids, never married. Lived with mom in mom's house until she passed. A lot like Dougie Johnson, former senate tax committee chairman.
Tea Party Nutjob

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 12, 2011
Hmm, I hope this sin't a sign of what is to come.

Maybe people are finally getting tired of our crap!
Karl M

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 13, 2011
Tea Party Nutjob wrote:
Hmm, I hope this sin't a sign of what is to come.
Maybe people are finally getting tired of our crap!
Right. We want more taxes and more government spending. Just look at the great shape it has left the state's economy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Boyz Club

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 13, 2011
Karl M wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. We want more taxes and more government spending. Just look at the great shape it has left the state's economy.
Your post has a nice ring to it.

We love how you think!

Sincerely,

Denny Hecker
Tom Petters
Bernie Madoff

In loving memory of Ken (Screw the little guy) Lay

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

Osceola, WI

#7 Apr 13, 2011
No surprise, DFL winning in a heavily DFL area. Demoncrats will never learn.
Bob Williams

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Apr 13, 2011
Oh great! One step closer to the fiscal cliff...
Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Apr 13, 2011
Dem's are weak leader's...republican's are just simply weak...
Paulski

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Apr 13, 2011
Hard to believe like our govenor, she has a problem keeping her hands out of other people's pockets...class warfare will win it every time in some districts.
hmmmm

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Apr 13, 2011
Karl M wrote:
<quoted text>
We have more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state. It can't be too bad. The global economy tanked. Did you think MN would escape unscathed?
Como

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Apr 13, 2011
The CD 4 Republican Party is a Joke! Copeland had the usual list of hacks running his campaign that has no idea what strategy is.
margeret

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Apr 13, 2011
God help us.
Como

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Apr 13, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
We have more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state. It can't be too bad. The global economy tanked. Did you think MN would escape unscathed?
Hey Clueless, 99% of these companies came to Minnesota with huge tax incentives back in the 60s-70s-80s when the DFL was not hijacked by the Progressives. I have noticed they are now leaving.

The State population is also on the decline!
jan

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 13, 2011
The Boyz Club wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post has a nice ring to it.
We love how you think!
Sincerely,
Denny Hecker
Tom Petters
Bernie Madoff
In loving memory of Ken (Screw the little guy) Lay
jiberish, nonsense.
Way to go Mary Jo

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Apr 13, 2011
Rene Arbogast wrote:
Well she's a single female teacher at Lesbo Central - St. Kates. Never married. The pictures of her in the paper of her don't do her justice, she is not a looker. Her dad past away years ago, his name was Jim. Mary Jo is nice person with warped political views.
petey boy

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Apr 13, 2011
Isn't this a stunning outcome. In that district you could put a DFL label on King Kong and he'd win hands down.
p-p pants

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Apr 13, 2011
comon this is another great victory for my democratic party. Thanks MJ for stepping up again to help lead us through these tough times. We need to increase the taxes especially on the ultra rich which should help us with the centeral cooridor. We need to be able to use all of the federal, and state matching money for our mass transit system to make it the best in the world
DRE

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Apr 13, 2011
Bob Williams wrote:
Oh great! One step closer to the fiscal cliff...
Right, Pawlenty didn't move us closer at all...
Bob the Bilderberger

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Apr 13, 2011
Como wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Clueless, 99% of these companies came to Minnesota with huge tax incentives back in the 60s-70s-80s when the DFL was not hijacked by the Progressives. I have noticed they are now leaving.
The State population is also on the decline!
When you can't even keep 3M in Minnesota, you know the democrats have killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dot Cooper Jan '15 Dot Cooper 1
Single? Married but "Adventurous"? Wish there w... Dec '14 Anonymous 1
News St. Anthony, Minnesota to Pay $200,000 to Settl... Dec '14 Sunshine 2
News $50K reward offered in case of missing Falcon H... (Feb '10) Feb '14 ksj 39
Bright Flashes of Light in the sky near Little ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Julie 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '11 ex-pert 162
Dr. Kurt E. Schwieters, MD (Jun '11) Jun '11 mohabone 1
More from around the web

Melrose People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]