First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Ninjas on board”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#43 Jun 17, 2012
piercit wrote:
Hey thought I'd throw an idea out to you guys who own homes, and are finding it difficult to rent them, for whatever reason

Now is one of the best times to consider owner financing. A lot of good people had to walk away from homes they were buried in. They have good jobs, and are good people just bad luck. Now these people are forced to rent. Instead of renting to them do this.

Owner finance them. Require 10% down and hold the note at 3% over prime, once they get up on their credit again they can go to a bank and pay you off. If not you are sitting pretty with a high return, no longer putting out money for damages, upkeep, rising taxes and ins...etc.

I am doing this right now, buying cheap foreclosures, jacking up the price, sometimes over twenty grand, and holding the note, using sound judgement of who I am financing, makes a lot of sense at this time...P
I rent - look bad on paper but have left the few homes I've rented cleaner than I got them..,
beverly harrold

Bullhead City, AZ

#44 Jun 24, 2012
would love to rport dwayne lee kuhn age 76 and david lee kuhn 46 of mohave county az originally from norco, ca i rented part of my house out to them i had gotten 870 of 1150 for 3 months that they lived here they stole almost everything in my home ran up huge utility bills which they left owing. and i was foolish enough not to ask for a security deposit so i'm stuck replacing all of my locks on the property because they didn't return the keys.the nasty old fartkept making sexual innuendo remarks towards me and when i asked him to be silent or civil he informed me that they were moving gave less than 6 days notice and a i stated took off with almost all of the furnishings i had in my home.
Dave A

Orlando, FL

#45 Jan 2, 2013
Orthopod1 wrote:
As a home owner I can say I usually can't stand house renters. They have no appriciation for the place they are staying. If you want to get good renters you should go thru a renting service. They will do a background check and contract for a small fee and the renters you get are usually decent.
I used an agency, and ended up worse then when I did it my self! This time I WILL dictate how, when, and why! If you are in the Orlando area, or rent homes/apartment, I'll be moore thn happy to give names/dates/and problems. The tenant I have now paid part of 1/2 months rent, and hasn't paid a dime since.
Jody Pignataro

Norwalk, CT

#46 Jan 24, 2013
Talk about bad renter, omg!! my renter, Ms Dawn Hutton of Palm Bay, and her daughter Shannon Huuton, resided in my condo for one year.I now found out her and her daughter ran to Melbourne to live.
Tenant moved in on September, 2012, tenant stayed in condo for almost five months without paying any rent.Tenant claimed that she did not have the money because she was out of job, However her daughter collects S.S. and later found out she was collecting unemployment. I lost out on the back rent because of her not being employed. She lied about the unemployment she was receiving. Example quote " I did not want to say anything to you yet, because, did not know if they were going to allow me to keep it, and if I paid you then I would not be able to pay them back. If I lost the case due to further investigation with the past employer."
Tenant was sent a non renewal letter on 11/15/2012 and was asked to return a response on a moving date before 01/15/2013. This was in so that I could be present to do a walk through before she moved out. As well, in the non renewal letter it was stated that all tools etc. left by myself were to remain on the premises. Tenant took the tools I left to make repairs when need be. Reason being I live out of state, and it is very hard to fly back and forth with tools. Therefore it was so much easier to leave them.
Tenant took off without notice. The condo was left a mess. Cost to make repairs were over $1,076.51, this included painting and etc. Tenant broke the lease, she moved in her neice and her baby without permission. Also, had a dog in the unit without permission.
Tenant did not even do a broom sweep when took off. Dried up dog urine in areas, brand new appliances were left a mess, example; had to spray stove down three times and let sit just to clean inside. Big hole made in upstairs wall made by the bedroom door. Bedroom door hidge ripped out from door jam.
Carpets were steamed clean when she moved in as she left they were just awful.
The light to the outside storage area was ripped half way down from ceiling, fencing was broken in order to put there arm through to open security gate from inside without a key.
I Have plenty of pictures to show all the damage left, and reciepts to show what was spent to make repairs and clean in order to get it back to the way it was when her and her daughter first moved in.
I was also informed by management, and neighbors that complaints were made about constant arguing, vulgar language, and loud music being played. I now I will never see the money for damages made, but sure want people to know who they are so the same thing does not happen to them. Just total trash, they proved that.

Since: Jan 13

Norwalk, CT

#47 Jan 24, 2013
beverly harrold wrote:
would love to rport dwayne lee kuhn age 76 and david lee kuhn 46 of mohave county az originally from norco, ca i rented part of my house out to them i had gotten 870 of 1150 for 3 months that they lived here they stole almost everything in my home ran up huge utility bills which they left owing. and i was foolish enough not to ask for a security deposit so i'm stuck replacing all of my locks on the property because they didn't return the keys.the nasty old fartkept making sexual innuendo remarks towards me and when i asked him to be silent or civil he informed me that they were moving gave less than 6 days notice and a i stated took off with almost all of the furnishings i had in my home.
Wow,I am so sorry, it is so sad how people can be when it is not there property. I do know how u feel had my place trashed and stuff was taken as well. I know I will never see the money, but hope the news gets out so other people can learn what type of people they are and hope the same for you. what trash

“Ninjas on board”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#48 Apr 4, 2013
Jody Pignataro wrote:
Talk about bad renter, omg!! my renter, Ms Dawn Hutton of Palm Bay, and her daughter Shannon Huuton, resided in my condo for one year.I now found out her and her daughter ran to Melbourne to live.
Tenant moved in on September, 2012, tenant stayed in condo for almost five months without paying any rent.Tenant claimed that she did not have the money because she was out of job, However her daughter collects S.S. and later found out she was collecting unemployment. I lost out on the back rent because of her not being employed. She lied about the unemployment she was receiving. Example quote " I did not want to say anything to you yet, because, did not know if they were going to allow me to keep it, and if I paid you then I would not be able to pay them back. If I lost the case due to further investigation with the past employer."
Tenant was sent a non renewal letter on 11/15/2012 and was asked to return a response on a moving date before 01/15/2013. This was in so that I could be present to do a walk through before she moved out. As well, in the non renewal letter it was stated that all tools etc. left by myself were to remain on the premises. Tenant took the tools I left to make repairs when need be. Reason being I live out of state, and it is very hard to fly back and forth with tools. Therefore it was so much easier to leave them.
Tenant took off without notice. The condo was left a mess. Cost to make repairs were over $1,076.51, this included painting and etc. Tenant broke the lease, she moved in her neice and her baby without permission. Also, had a dog in the unit without permission.
Tenant did not even do a broom sweep when took off. Dried up dog urine in areas, brand new appliances were left a mess, example; had to spray stove down three times and let sit just to clean inside. Big hole made in upstairs wall made by the bedroom door. Bedroom door hidge ripped out from door jam.
Carpets were steamed clean when she moved in as she left they were just awful.
The light to the outside storage area was ripped half way down from ceiling, fencing was broken in order to put there arm through to open security gate from inside without a key.
I Have plenty of pictures to show all the damage left, and reciepts to show what was spent to make repairs and clean in order to get it back to the way it was when her and her daughter first moved in.
I was also informed by management, and neighbors that complaints were made about constant arguing, vulgar language, and loud music being played. I now I will never see the money for damages made, but sure want people to know who they are so the same thing does not happen to them. Just total trash, they proved that.
They sound like total scum bags! There are good renters out there! Early they weren't.
Her financial problems are NOT your problem! Yeah right like she didn't spend that money, please! She totally sounds like the kind of person who kept it in an escrow or separate savings account. What a scumbag.

Also the least a renter can do is leave the house clean from their own funk! Maybe not move in clean, but certainly not like you described.

People like that make it hard for everyone else. That's the crappy thing is the next person you rent to is going to pay for her being a lowlife. Now you've been burned, you're going to be wary, I'm sure the utility deposits will be much higher as they are often based on the highest quarter for the last account.

Don't let it get you down, be picky! It's hard to find a good place these days with decent responsive landlords so I'm sure there are other good people out there too.
I've personally never lost a deposit and usually leave my places move in clean, at the very least they are as good or better than when we got there.
Jan Lohmann

Plano, TX

#49 May 21, 2013
I rented a beautiful furnished home to Claire Rembis and William Rembis. When their rent period was over, they gave me every possible excuse why they could not move out. They even threatened me with discrimination, had the housing authority contact me, and pointed me to the online story where they had sued another landlord. We finally got them out without eviction, but the house was trashed. Filthy. Pee, Koolaid, and mud ground into the carpet IN EVERY ROOM!!! Gouged wood furniture. Torn upholstery. Refrigerator door broken. Silverware in the garden and swimming pool. I have pictures and affidavits that attest to the perfect condition of this home before they move in and the mess it was when they moved out, yet they continue to try and blame this on others.

If they read this post, they will provide an impassioned defense. I donít care. It takes time to create a post, and I didnít do it because I was bored today. I did it because I want to warn others. Charm can fade so quickly once a bad renter moves in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for blues Dec 15 I dont bite 2
Janice Dickinson 'Disgusted' Over Bill Cosby's ... Dec 14 Big Mess 4
Any Adult Babies around here? (Oct '13) Dec 12 KJayy 13
Looking for a scumbag by the name of Michael An... Dec 9 Concerned 2
Police investigate Florida sex club (Apr '08) Dec 9 BJR y 87
Aluminum Fences (Oct '12) Dec 8 Wally West 2
Fence Contractor Melbourne fl (Nov '12) Dec 8 Leachmark707 2
Melbourne Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web