piercit

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#21 Jul 27, 2010
Hey thought I'd throw an idea out to you guys who own homes, and are finding it difficult to rent them, for whatever reason

Now is one of the best times to consider owner financing. A lot of good people had to walk away from homes they were buried in. They have good jobs, and are good people just bad luck. Now these people are forced to rent. Instead of renting to them do this.

Owner finance them. Require 10% down and hold the note at 3% over prime, once they get up on their credit again they can go to a bank and pay you off. If not you are sitting pretty with a high return, no longer putting out money for damages, upkeep, rising taxes and ins...etc.

I am doing this right now, buying cheap foreclosures, jacking up the price, sometimes over twenty grand, and holding the note, using sound judgement of who I am financing, makes a lot of sense at this time...P
marvin

Saint Augustine, FL

#22 Jul 31, 2010
Beach girl wrote:
Anyone want to start a discussion on bad renters and post their names? Craigslist won't do it so maybe we should here?
dont rent to vincent remi or mea maiolo in florida distroyed my home
debbi

Atlanta, GA

#23 Aug 23, 2010
Why would any of you want to rent your house? Unless....you want to take advantage of someone else or you bought a house you could not afford to live in or make the payments and now can not sell the house for what is owed. If you are smart, you would invest in better, more safer things. GET SMART or play the game.... some you will win, but most you will loose.
vicki

Kansas City, MO

#24 Aug 31, 2010
I would like to say something about bad landlords. I owned a home and then got a divorce and rented from two landlords. The first was excellent and I was an excellent tenant. He didn't want me to move but I had to because the place was too big for me and getting too expensive in terms of utilities. I stayed there 4 years and ended the lease. The place was spotless when I left. Then I moved in with a FRIEND. He owned his own home which he SAID he was renovating. While I was there, not only did he overcharge me to live in a home that periodically had no working plumbing, was freezing in the winter and was a disaster area (left sawdust on the floor in the main part of the house for - I kid you not - 4 months without using so much as a broom), but the house was full of mold in the sheetrock, the basement leaked and destroyed some of the belongings I had stored there. I made the mistake of paying him a few times in cash and he pocketed the money and then came to me a couple of months later and told me that I had skipped a month's rent. Unbearable. This guy was trash, a slob and a liar. I will never, ever, ever rent from an individual landlord ever again because of this guy nor will I ever recommend that anyone rent from an individual.

The point is - there are nearly as many bad landlords as there are renters. I am very sympathetic to all of your stories about deadbeats and destroyed property. But how does anyone who visits this forum know that you have been a decent landlord?

Since: Sep 10

Dawson, GA

#25 Sep 3, 2010
Eugenio Mendez wrote:
To the general opinion:
I feel obligated to write my point of view in this open forum as an expression of the personal values of honesty, respect and fairness which have ruled my behavior in life.
I have irrefutable legal evidence that I don't owe any money due to negligence or mistreatment of this property and I urge Lonnie -as I have done since the first day- to resolve this dispute through the route of American legality and not through clandestine aggression.
I am sure we can clarify our positions like civilized people.
Eugenio Mendez
Boy, did that get a response! The electronic superhighway just made it abroad.
Mike

East Elmhurst, NY

#26 Sep 17, 2010
Do not rent to RUTH AGUERO. She's from queens, nyc.

http://www.tenantdispute.com/web/index.php/si...
David

New York, NY

#27 Sep 17, 2010
I've given up renting to bad renters, you can only do so much to protect yourself. The state laws are designed to protect tenants more than to protect landlords. So choose your tenant wisely, do a credit check, background check, ask previous landlords on how the tenant/s habits and whether they are always pay on time or always behind. Don't take the law into your own hand, since it will bite you back in the end. The courts are always busy, so it takes a long time to process eviction/s and you would also be needing a lawyer which charge you a lot of money to represent you in court. Be safe, don't rent, use the extra space for your family.
David

Dallas, TX

#28 Sep 21, 2010
In South West Dallas do not rent to someone named Sandra Zuniga (Alias)David Efrain Alfaro Zuniga and Gerardo Arias .They painted the house without our Permission.Renters were evicted but when they left Removed the kitchen cabinets,broke bathroom walls and water heater.Total cost of damages $9700 not including back rent.Lessors Please Beware
Thunderhead Hawkins

United States

#29 Sep 25, 2010
Dont rent to your own family.
tony

Bucyrus, OH

#30 Jun 24, 2011
we live in bucyrus ohio and are in the process of removing the nasty renters i have even met. name are steven and samatha. always payed the rent for 8 months and very polite.drove by the house and there was furniture outside, no one home so i placed note on door asking nicley that they clean up the yard, so two months and no rent later about 6000 in damage and are protected by law until the 1st of july. so can anyone tell me if your tentent draws social security, can u sue them? will a ss check be garshinshed? if you have rentals in ohio stay away from these folks, BAD BUSINESS!!!!!
Matt

Miami, FL

#31 Sep 12, 2011
I was informed of a website called WikiWarnings...www.WikiWarning s.com, they provide warnings for every situation and I have seen a bad renters section there. Check it out, cool site..funny
Matt

Miami, FL

#32 Sep 12, 2011
Rick

Rincon, GA

#33 Sep 20, 2011
Go to tenancybureau.com and sign up and register tenants
ajbdc

Washington, DC

#34 Oct 8, 2011
Looking for Gary Bedrosian in D.C. Hamilton College 2010. He deliberately breached a 10 month rental in Washington D.C., rushed to vacate without paying last month's rent, has evaded contact , refuses to pay utilities he owes on, neglected landlord's dogs in his care (part of the lease agreement) while the landlord was away on business, left a house with dog pee and excremente, torn couches, etc. He's early 20's, a big soccer fan (played it at Hamilton), brown hair, green eyes, wants to be a dentist. Any information appreciated.
PB Renter

Palm Bay, FL

#35 Oct 20, 2011
Before you rent, CHECK THEM OUT! You can do it online at: http://webinfo4.brevardclerk.us/facts/name_se... Change the dates to 1/1/1985 to the present to get all the information for evictions, drugs, traffic violations, domestic violence, divorce, failure to pay child support, Baker Act, etc.

Consider that PATTERNS in any one of those is a flaming red flag for being responsible and honest.

Just make sure your apartment application includes dates birth, maiden name, no nicknames, and SS number/s ... as well as their last five landlords. Run the Name Search under each known name (nicknames, maiden names, etc.

DO present them with the cost of utilities including how much they need for those deposits. Require them to show PROOF of those deposits before they can move in to prove they can afford living there, and lest they end up stealing water and electricity from neighbors. Let them know the average bill for 2 or 4 or 8 people under the same roof to give them a clear picture of what their monthly fixed bills will be.

Require (1)$150 (or more) damage deposit in addition to 1st and last month's rent,(2) an inspection when they're ready to move. If the damages exceed $150, deduct it from the rent deposit. Be sure they are responsible on moving to have the carpets cleaned, and the apartment (including appliances) as clean as they found them ... under penalty of forfeiture of their deposits. All of that must be spelled out in the lease.

If they start to default on the full rent, see it as a red flag for inability to pay and get them out.

Make sure no one not approved on the lease moves in without being checked out at Name Search. Once they're in, getting them out is expensive and a royal PITA.
ISO Gary Bedrosian in DC

Washington, DC

#36 Oct 21, 2011
Looking for local contact information Gary Bedrosian, Hamilton College Class of 2010 - so recently out of college, living in Washington D.C. area and working for an orthodontist. He's 23, white male, applying to dental schools. He decided to break his rental agreement on a house share, and he cleared out before the landlord could return from a business trip to avoid paying last months rent. He's ignored all communications via email and text. He's liable for utilities and other house damages and has been evasive in terms of contact. He's not a good tenant. Info to ajsocool@gmail.com Thanks!
found one site

Delta, Canada

#37 Nov 2, 2011
http://www.badrenters.site11.com but so far its only for Canada from what I see.
TES

Carlsbad, CA

#38 Apr 14, 2012
Linda C wrote:
OOps -- forgot to tell you , this rental is in Arkansas
So, what made you think you had any right to just stop by the house unannounced? I rent from a landlord just like you, stops by anytime they feel like it, peeking in the windows and invading our privacy. They also want to come and do walk through inspections every 3-4 months. We are good tenants for 3 years now, always pay the rent and take very good care of the property. Yet, just because we won't allow our landlord to violate our rights anymore they give us 60 days notice. Total BS with no recourse for the good tenants.
Audrey

Hollywood, FL

#39 Jun 12, 2012
Landlords beware, Laura suskey and josh little.... Were only in my house 8 months had to replace all interior doors , several walls had hole, broke windows, and left the house filthy and infested... Flagler beach area
Bocaciani

Tucson, AZ

#40 Jun 15, 2012
Alexandra Reyes Garcia is a bad tenant ,she owe me $$1285.00 she is living in my property without paying the rent since may.This is in Rio Grande ,Puerto Rico. Don't trust in this person.

Yesenia Lozada Santos is a bad tenant,she owe me $1952.00. She live the property without paying. In Rio Grande Puerto Rico.

Cuidado a todos los que rentan propiedades en Puerto Rico, Alexandra Reyes Garcia( Carolina,PR) y Yesenia Lozada Santos(Vieques,PR) no son buenas inquilina se van debiendo la renta.No le renten ninguna propiedad no se pueden confiar en ellas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 32 min stryk 2,984
Fake ids (Nov '08) 12 hr Gman 8
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 15 hr Morrocan 2,140
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526
Review: Lamplighter Village (Apr '10) Sun Sharon 98
Officers behind junk fax scam face Kan. sentencing (Nov '09) Sep 24 Stacia 3
Review: Abolox LLC Sep 19 JackOMalley1019 1

Flood Watch for Brevard County was issued at September 30 at 3:50AM EDT

Melbourne Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Melbourne Jobs

Melbourne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melbourne News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melbourne