Palm Bay man jailed over loud music in car

Full story: News-Press

A 32-year-old Palm Bay man is in jail this morning after Florida Highway Patrol troopers said he ignored requests to turn down music booming from his car and struggled with an officer.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
American

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

Judged:

Bravo Palm Bay! It's time these morons were held responsible for violating peoples rights to peace and quiet!
srf4real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

Judged:

Yer jes jealous cuz the chix don't start wiggling their asses when you pullup.. like when I do old foggie.
concerned

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

Judged:

Everyone has rights, that include those who want to listen to their music load, what about you mowing your grass or having your roof redone does that not disturb my piece does a schedule that differ from yours imply that it is not as important
Pat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2007

If one wants to boom so be it , just respect your fellow man when doing so !The police have a job to do so if you can't play be the rules thats your ass at fault !
Llisa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

I find it amusing at the number of "adults" who have forgotten that they too listened to music loudly when they were kids. It was considered "cool" to go cruising with your friends and have the music blaring. We all wanted everyone's eyes upon us. This was our way of showing our independence. I'm astounded at how soon we forget. With everything going on in the world today and the flagrant abuse of our legal system in so many other factions, citations and arrests of these nature are a complete waste of the tax payers money. Our police force should be more concerned with earning the state their tax dollars by focusing on "actual" crimes as opposed to this menial pettiness. If enduring loud music from time to time is the worst thing that I have to be subjected to by my kids, I consider myself to be very fortunate. If your windows rattle for a brief few seconds because a young adult has just passed by with his stereo playing loudly; heaven forbid. Would you rather they be passing by in an effort to case your house and rob you? How about they just use your neighborhood to sell drugs? Better yet, maybe they could form a gang in your neighborhood because people such as you refuse to allow them to be "kids". Get a grip people. Kids will be kids and constantly attacking their youth is a bit ridiculous. We have essentially become that of a totalitarian society and honestly need to STOP allowing our basic freedoms to be taken away on a daily basis. People today tend to run their mouths because they just want to be heard for the most part. They really have no conviction to something of this nature. Everyone has an opinion, but have an opinion that actually has some meaning that can make a difference and represents a positive effect on someone's life. In the end arrests such as this cause unneccesary resentment towards the very men and women that protect our lives. If the State of Florida is so hard up for money, maybe it should consider a state tax rather than have it's law enforcement harass the citizens on it's roads on a daily basis to create revenue.
Llisa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

Judged:

concerned wrote:
Everyone has rights, that include those who want to listen to their music load, what about you mowing your grass or having your roof redone does that not disturb my piece does a schedule that differ from yours imply that it is not as important
Eggactly!!!! I can't begin to tell you how many times my neighbors have mowed their lawns at 7:00am. I don't bitch.. in this life.. you have to learn to pick and choose your battles. Happenstances such as these are not worthy of battle.

Since: Sep 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

Judged:

American wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal garbage and another reason why America is in the state it is in.
We are in the "state" we are in because of pettiness such as this. I suppose we should ban all music in its entirety; apparently based on your statement it has attributed to the sad state of affairs our country is in. Get real. Find something worthy to complain about and leave the kids alone.
salamander

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

American wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal garbage and another reason why America is in the state it is in.
Dude, do you even know what liberalism is?
srf4real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

Judged:

Lucky for you whiners, I'm getting into photography and I'm selling off my four eclipse titanium subs and 1000W and 1400W mono Class D amps to buy a sweet super-telephoto lens. Now don't go crying that I can't take pictures of anything in public domain... [roll eyes]
forgot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

guess you forgot maybe manners, maybe uh loser? yeah oh, and uh? just call 'em as I see 'em? uh? I mean, hear 'em? ya know?
bass? really? go fishin already, will ya? oh and uh? do not forget to bait the hook with that dern bass...huh?
what I'm saying is like bass sucks air man...hear?
growup already...
forgot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Jess wrote:
hell yeah that dude is the man
growup!
Fmr PB Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2007

Judged:

Bass is cool but I don't appreciate passing cars knocking down my pictures ETC. Bottom line, have a little consideration. The driver should have listened to the Trooper. You can't do a safe traffic stop when you have bass rattling so hard you can't even think straight.
realist

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

Judged:

a shotgun up your woofer should do the trick
forgot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2007

are you a good person? how do you know?
Sean in CA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Judged:

Those "chix" are wiggling their asses because they have herpes sores and crabs, moron.
srf4real wrote:
Yer jes jealous cuz the chix don't start wiggling their asses when you pullup.. like when I do old foggie.
Rangel

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2007

Judged:

soldier622 wrote:
I've busted windshields, dented rims and slashed the tires of a few a-holes in my neighborhood over the years. It's been a little quieter, but there's room for improvement. Honest people in this forum: don't be afraid of these idiots. STAND UP TO THEM and they will back down like the true cowards they are.
I play loud music in my car all the time and get negitive coments an have started fights so you should not give advice that is not true cuz STAND UP TO ME and i'll sit you down.
srf4real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

threats and insults don't make you 'nice' guys sound any smarter... hmm? what's that? I can't hear you over my LOUD MUSIC -haters. Come turn it off then.
melbird

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2007

Judged:

yeah all you idiots that blast that boomp boomp crap are gonna make a fortune for the hearing aid folks down the line..... you will all get paid back for being selfish morons who don't care about other people. And judging by the expressions on your faces as you drive along,I think the brain cells all got flushed loose from that crap blasting the insides of your craniums.
srf4real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2007

Judged:

You can't see my face cuz I got limo tint too. It's sweeeet.
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2007

Judged:

most florida drivers couldnt drive decent if their lives depended on it, other drivers music is the least of their problems! floridians cant drive for jack so I don't want to hear jack about our music being distracting or annoying, your driving habits are annoying!

As you probably guessed I'm all for loud music, although you should turn it down for a cop though... and keep it down in neighborhoods at night / early morning, i agree that is annoying and disrespectful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melbourne Discussions

Search the Melbourne Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 3 hr number 23 2,915
King's legacy still cause of debate 4 hr Abdurratln 908
Review: Lamplighter Village (Apr '10) Jul 11 Sharon 32
Our Club Satellite Beach Jul 10 Mail 1
james Arthur Segura Jul 8 Doublewide Dude 9
TV show features report on missing firefighter ... (Mar '11) Jul 5 Derek 24
Review: Brevard Super Bike (Mar '11) Jul 2 Bill Johnston Sr 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Melbourne Jobs

•••