Sweet Frenzy

Ormond Beach, FL

#1 Nov 18, 2009
The chocolates are Deeelicious!
I wish they had espresso, but the coffee managed to pair well with the truffles. mmm mmm.
willy wonka

Clermont, FL

#2 Nov 23, 2009
yesiree, quite the exquisite experience~
melbournemama

Ormond Beach, FL

#3 Nov 29, 2009
My husband surprised me with a box of the most unusual truffles or bon bons (i'm not sure what they are called) from this place. ****OMG, they are the best i have ever had, and I really want more NOW**** but they are only open a few days each week. I will have to go and buy at least a weeks worth and tell them to stay open every day.
lltoo

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Nov 30, 2009
We went on a Saturday morning and were greeted by a friendly employee who offered us personalized plates of samples and described each piece as she put it on the plate.
A large window allows you to watch the chocolatiers go about their business in the "factory" part of the building. It looked clean and the girls were hustling back there, I'm sure trying desperately to keep up with the demand. The supply on the shelves out front looked like it was running low already at 11AM...not sure if they're making things everyday (they're only open to the public Thursday through Saturday) but if they're not they probably should be because it was going fast.
They have "Half-Guilt" chocolate covered potato chips (only one side is covered) and the chocolate tastes really good. I don't know how they can be "Half-Guilt" when the chocolate on one side is three times as thick as the chocolate on those of the competition's chips, but I like the name.
"Crappy" fudge seems to be the hook here (according to the employee you can order it online, though I found their website to not be fully functional), but the real treasures are the small artisan chocolates sold individually or by the box. They are beautiful to look at and delicious to eat. We bought a boxful.
A sign on the counter proclaims that the banana nut fudge is their best seller. I can understand why: it tastes like it's made with real bananas.(I didn't ask whether it was, but I wouldn't be surprised.) There was also a good variety of other fudges that I did not have a chance to sample.
Sooooo much friendlier and more accommodating than the main local competitor. I hope they are able to capture a large customer base who is looking for something a little different.
Christine Davis

United States

#5 Dec 17, 2009
I've been there and experienced the "new" chocolate shop (Aldendorf chocolate cafe). I was in heaven with the many flavors they offered me to try and this is now my favorite place. The woman (owner I think) came out front from the kitchen or factory and offered a hot raspberry chocolate drink that she made for the other people working and of course I gave that a try too. They even make those chocolate covered chips but better that I used to get from another local place. That place reminds me of the movie that has Johnny Depp in it. It is different from the usual chocolate store. Highly recommend seeing and tasting for yourself.
crazy lady101lol

Ocoee, FL

#6 Jan 8, 2010
it was nice!!
C Jackson

United States

#7 Jan 17, 2010
The chips are the best and went over well at the office. The crappy fudge was the best gift I could have given to my friends who already have everything! The other chocolates I sampled looked and tasted out of this world but will have to remain a rare treat for my already spoiled wife.
MaggieBridgetHol lyCarol

Melbourne, FL

#8 Feb 7, 2010
We just all indulged in these wonderful chocs- beautifully displayed- and wonderful to eat- they will give Godiva a run for their money!! every one who is a chocaholic needs to try these delectable delights!
Chocolate Lover

Stratford, CT

#9 Mar 13, 2010
Great stuff!
lltoo

Crawfordville, FL

#10 Apr 20, 2010
What happened to this place?? The website says they are closed to the public now? Does anyone know if they've stopped production completely or is it available to buy elsewhere?
Robert

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#11 Jun 9, 2010
I can assure as the boyfriend of one of the employees that they reopened, and now they have ice-cream that is simply amazing. They actually take the cream, the flavor, and the topping, then freeze it with liquid nitrogen for quite possibly the most unique experience you will find in a chocolate factory.
vicky

Orlando, FL

#12 Aug 19, 2010
Robert wrote:
I can assure as the boyfriend of one of the employees that they reopened, and now they have ice-cream that is simply amazing. They actually take the cream, the flavor, and the topping, then freeze it with liquid nitrogen for quite possibly the most unique experience you will find in a chocolate factory.
I went by here and they were closed with a "For Sale" sign out front. The website is gone and the phone goes unanswered. Did they reopen in a different location?
Ellie

United States

#13 Sep 18, 2011
They are now located in satellite beach in a much smaller place under the name Beachside sweets.
They still offer the ice cream, chocolates, crappyfudge and an even bigger selection of cupcakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitution In Cocoa Beach? 21 hr Ronny 1
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Wed born in 1930 2,484
Review: Lamplighter Village (Apr '10) Wed LovesMelbourne 90
Is Palm Bay a nice place to live? Sep 13 EscapingTennessee 1
Have you heard of Scentsy? Sep 13 Sue 2
Florida State student dies on China study program (May '12) Sep 12 LaLouise 53
Palm Bay City seat 5 candidate you been warned. Sep 9 Michael Ovens 4
•••

Rip Current Statement for Brevard County was issued at September 18 at 4:12AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Melbourne Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Melbourne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Melbourne News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melbourne