more on obama wasting our money

Posted in the Melbourne Forum

OMG

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#1 Nov 2, 2011
A Republican senator is calling on President Obama to cancel the $12.8 million in bonuses that were approved for 10 executives at the government-seized mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that received a $170 billion taxpayer-funded bailout.

The two housing giants have received about $141 billion in taxpayer funds since the government took them over in 2008 during the financial crisis.

Politico first reported the $6.46 million in bonuses for the top five officers at Freddie Mac -- including $2.3 million for CEO Charles E. Haldeman Jr., who is stepping down next year -- and $6.33 million for Fannie Mae officials, including $2.37 million for CEO Michael Williams, for meeting modest goals.

A second bonus installment for Freddie executives in 2010 has yet to be reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission, Politico reported.

White House aides say the president took a lead on cleaning up excessive compensation on Wall Street with the Dodd-Frank bill, but those provisions do not apply to Fannie and Freddie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida Sets April 11 As Exotic Pet Amnesty Day 21 hr morine1977 1
News Couple took nude photos of 12-year-old aspiring... (May '14) Sat Bar Kochba 3
looking for Fri mbb 1
Review: Lamplighter Village (Apr '10) Fri Sharon 201
Debate: Marijuana - Melbourne, FL (Aug '10) Apr 20 CaptainTornSack 77
Greetings Melbourne Apr 16 Rasta Me 3
Review: 12 Volt Power Window Repair (Feb '11) Apr 15 village idiot 5
More from around the web

Melbourne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]