Two dead in possible murder-suicide in Palm Bay

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Two people died this afternoon after a possible murder-suicide in Palm Bay, a police spokeswoman said.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jan 7, 2013
A 5th Grader

United States

#1 May 24, 2007
Willoughby can't spell, type, or proof read. And hey: can someone pass him a Strunk & White? C'mon. This is America!
A 4rth grader

United States

#2 May 24, 2007
A 5th Grader wrote:
Willoughby can't spell, type, or proof read. And hey: can someone pass him a Strunk & White? C'mon. This is America!
A horrible crime happens & u insult the reporter! what a fool, well like u said this is america.
Say What

Sebastian, FL

#3 May 24, 2007
A 4rth grader wrote:
<quoted text>
A horrible crime happens & u insult the reporter! what a fool, well like u said this is america.
I totally agree with you. An awful crime was committed today and I feel so sorry for the family. Who cares about the spelling. Please!
2nd grader

San Antonio, TX

#4 May 24, 2007
antidisestablishmentarianism.

I WON THE SPELLING CONTEST !

Mommy ? Daddy? Mommy ? Daddy ?

Where are you?
robin

Ukraine

#5 May 25, 2007
Another gun crime within the last week,the gun violence in Fla is geting out of hand wouldn't you say? Seems to me that once again stroner gun control is needed,outlaw gun shows and interstate purchase of guns. Scrutinize and regulate all dealers, holding them responsible for any weapon used during a crime that they sold(that way there is a record of serial numbers, and I am sure that if the dealers knew they would also be held accountable for any murders by a gun they sold they would be more careful to who, they sell it to. Seems like florida is becomming much more like the Wild West! The NRA is to thank for all the gun violence, they don't want regulation at all, yet do they want responsiblity for the murders that are caused by the weapons they proclaim are evryone's right to own? Since when does someone need a Ak47 or Machine gun for hunting deer, or a Mangum 45 for Hunting? Out law handguns that are easily concealed,it is harder to conceal a rifle! Most murders in Fla seem to be committed by people with handguns anyway.
uhhhh

Shreveport, LA

#6 May 25, 2007
Just outlaw stupid people and the problem will be solved.

If you really want to kill someone you could grab a tree limb and just beat them to death.

Guns, Knives, Billy clubs, Brass knuckles- it does not matter which of these or which brand/variety potent strength of either of these you outlaw, someone wants someone dead they will find a way.

Improved police investigation to bring justice and stronger punishment will be the only things used to help deter violent crime. And most of the people commiting these crimes don't care much about that either.

People need to learn to start defending themselves and stop hanging out in the wrong places with the wrong people and you will also see a reduction in this area. But you cannot stop all crime and you cannot stop all murders it is immpossible all you can do is help reduce it.

Better education and rearing today will make for a brighter tommorow. But those left behind yesterday are forced to find their own way out of darkness. You can try to improve today but you're efforts will yield greater results if you work on improving tommorow.
What did you say

Sebastian, FL

#7 May 25, 2007
uhhhh wrote:
Just outlaw stupid people and the problem will be solved.
If you really want to kill someone you could grab a tree limb and just beat them to death.
Guns, Knives, Billy clubs, Brass knuckles- it does not matter which of these or which brand/variety potent strength of either of these you outlaw, someone wants someone dead they will find a way.
Improved police investigation to bring justice and stronger punishment will be the only things used to help deter violent crime. And most of the people commiting these crimes don't care much about that either.
People need to learn to start defending themselves and stop hanging out in the wrong places with the wrong people and you will also see a reduction in this area. But you cannot stop all crime and you cannot stop all murders it is immpossible all you can do is help reduce it.
Better education and rearing today will make for a brighter tommorow. But those left behind yesterday are forced to find their own way out of darkness. You can try to improve today but you're efforts will yield greater results if you work on improving tommorow.
I am clapping...can you hear me? Great post and great comments! Wanted to add one more thing...tell the US Government to tighten up the borders and get a grip on the drugs coming in to the country and maybe we'll see a decrease in the violence.
Bruce Li

Israel

#8 May 26, 2007
Why not teach self defense in Grade schools as part of the gym classes? Karate,is excellent for young children, it helps with balence and coordination as well. But let's face it against a gun Karate is usless ,so is any other martial art. But We teach defense against knives,sticks, and other weapons to older students. So by all means give your kids self defense lessons whether it is Karate,KungFu,Tai Chi, it just might protect them against child molestors!
What

Sebastian, FL

#9 May 27, 2007
Bruce Li wrote:
Why not teach self defense in Grade schools as part of the gym classes? Karate,is excellent for young children, it helps with balence and coordination as well. But let's face it against a gun Karate is usless ,so is any other martial art. But We teach defense against knives,sticks, and other weapons to older students. So by all means give your kids self defense lessons whether it is Karate,KungFu,Tai Chi, it just might protect them against child molestors!
I totally agree with you! It also teaches the kids to be patient, focused and respect. This is a fantastic idea. I really wish they would add this to the curriculum for PE. What a great idea!
yeti

Hawthorne, FL

#10 Jul 15, 2007
i agree that martial arts should be given in grade school. i dont think it sould be part of the gym class, but a seprate class alltoghether.

martial arts can defend against guns, its all about mind over matter. my martial arts training has taught me to be more aware of my suroundings and avoid a potentaly dangerous situation. i personaly dont like guns, i dont own any. but i do agree that we as americans have the right to own them. i think that inorder to own a gun the potental owner needs to go though training classes, both on the range and in the classroom. also i think that owners should have to qualify (just like the military, or police) every 6 months and re-register there firearm. i think this should be done with all firearms rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

the problem with outlawing firearms is that then only the outlaws will have them.

sorry about the long post, and if you would like to comment, please sent them to greenzero13@gmail.com this is my personal e-mail and i will respond to each.
palm bay forida

Osteen, FL

#11 Sep 17, 2007
help the world..........get along a-holes!
unreal

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#12 Sep 17, 2007
palm bay forida wrote:
help the world..........get along a-holes!
You got to be kidding, get along? Then you call people names. Help the world? Sounds like you are the last person that should give advice.
Goodole

Lake Mary, FL

#13 Feb 6, 2012
robin wrote:
Another gun crime within the last week,the gun violence in Fla is geting out of hand wouldn't you say? Seems to me that once again stroner gun control is needed,outlaw gun shows and interstate purchase of guns. Scrutinize and regulate all dealers, holding them responsible for any weapon used during a crime that they sold(that way there is a record of serial numbers, and I am sure that if the dealers knew they would also be held accountable for any murders by a gun they sold they would be more careful to who, they sell it to. Seems like florida is becomming much more like the Wild West! The NRA is to thank for all the gun violence, they don't want regulation at all, yet do they want responsiblity for the murders that are caused by the weapons they proclaim are evryone's right to own? Since when does someone need a Ak47 or Machine gun for hunting deer, or a Mangum 45 for Hunting? Out law handguns that are easily concealed,it is harder to conceal a rifle! Most murders in Fla seem to be committed by people with handguns anyway.
U need to get a new prespective on life. People kill people, not guns. Doctors kill more people then guns do. Try researching articles before putting you nose where it doesn't belong.
nunya

Palm Bay, FL

#14 Jan 7, 2013
I knew the family and no one had any clue who he was he was a good kid never would have imagined this happening to that family they were all so close! So unless you know the whole story keep your mouth shut!
yeahso

Center Barnstead, NH

#15 Jan 7, 2013
I know them too it is really too bad what happened. These people come off to me as stupid. Sorry for your loss nunya

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 45 min Liberal forever 2,958
Woman dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in Pa... 1 hr anguzman 1
Atheist group may sue over Fla. county invocation 5 hr Cordwainer Trout 35
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 11 hr Liberal forever 2,121
Lauren Waterbury is a Sweathog (Apr '13) Wed Chuck 8
Is Bill Mick a White Man? Aug 25 Melungeon Face 3
Review: Lamplighter Village (Apr '10) Aug 23 Sharon 85
•••
•••
•••

Melbourne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melbourne People Search