Florida Cannabis Festival set for lat...

Florida Cannabis Festival set for later this month in Melbourne, Florida

There are 7 comments on the Examiner.com story from Nov 11, 2011, titled Florida Cannabis Festival set for later this month in Melbourne, Florida. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The Florida Cannabis Action Network has announced their Florida Cannabis Festival happening the weekend of November 26-27th at the Wickham Park Main Pavilion 3845 N Wickham Rd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“deal with it”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 12, 2011
what a shame to have such a event.
Arch Stanton

Herndon, VA

#2 Nov 12, 2011
Just what Brevard County needs to solidy its image as a mecca for burned out unemployed beach bums.
I support legalization

Kissimmee, FL

#3 Nov 26, 2011
Apparently, there's some people who do not realize the studied and proven medical benefits of smoking marijuana, i.e., Glaucoma, migraines, nausea, pain, weight gain, etc. I personally don't imbibe, but I do feel that if smoking marijuana helps people cope with a debilitating illness that it should be made legally available.

Not to mention, think of the millions of dollars the State would earn in taxes in lieu of the millions it wastes trying to control a natural product's use and growth.

Like prostitution, this is a currently illegal activity that will never go away. So why waste anymore time and money trying to fight it. Capitalize instead. It's a no-brainer!
Jim Bagg

Herndon, VA

#4 Feb 11, 2012
Yeah right. When is the penicillin festival? How about the aspirin festival? Lipitor?? Get my point? People don't schedule "festivals" for medical products. I'm always amused when those who subscribe to the medical marijuana argument completely ignore the overwhelming evideince that marijuana is a proven gateway drug. Of what medical benefit is it to lead a person down the path to self destruction?
I support legalization wrote:
Apparently, there's some people who do not realize the studied and proven medical benefits of smoking marijuana, i.e., Glaucoma, migraines, nausea, pain, weight gain, etc. I personally don't imbibe, but I do feel that if smoking marijuana helps people cope with a debilitating illness that it should be made legally available.
Not to mention, think of the millions of dollars the State would earn in taxes in lieu of the millions it wastes trying to control a natural product's use and growth.
Like prostitution, this is a currently illegal activity that will never go away. So why waste anymore time and money trying to fight it. Capitalize instead. It's a no-brainer!
Corgay

Melbourne, FL

#5 Feb 15, 2012
Jim Bagg wrote:
Yeah right. When is the penicillin festival? How about the aspirin festival? Lipitor?? Get my point? People don't schedule "festivals" for medical products. I'm always amused when those who subscribe to the medical marijuana argument completely ignore the overwhelming evideince that marijuana is a proven gateway drug. Of what medical benefit is it to lead a person down the path to self destruction?
<quoted text>
'Proven gateway drug'
Proven where, exactly?
Do you have perhaps a link to the original science paper?
To be a 'gateway drug' You'd have to actually be able to be addicted. Considering caffeine has, actually been proven in This Study; http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/... to be more addictive then marijuana, the 'Gateway Drug' here would likely be the culprit that is FDA-Approved painkillers.
People are stressed, they want it to stop. They want to stop being so unhappy. They turn to marijuana, marijuana requires constant use of high thc to reduce constant stress. They likely already have legal painkillers, but those stop working after constant use.
They want to feel better, why not try something stronger?
Using marijuana is not going to make you crave something stronger.
Now a festival for marijuana is not an abnormal thing, we also have a strawberry festival. Marijuana is a plant, not a pill, stop comparing it to pills.
Marijuana is natural medicine, like how you can use Strawberries to whiten your teeth and get healthy lips.
Then the spiritual factor of marijuana begins to set in. You're an hour away from Cassadaga, one of the largest spirituality camps in the US. If your not expecting buddhists, pagans, shamans, ect, to be here, then you must be pretty new.
All of the olden beliefs have deeprooted sacrilegious practices with Cannabis, It was mainly for medical usage and would also be used for clothes and rituals. Felt like praying? Get ready for some nice green incense.
Cannabis is something to celebrate, its the closest thing to a cure for cancer. It can heal wounds, physical and mental. It can treat countless diseases as good or better then any drug you'll find at a pharmacy.
Wake up, 2012 and still not getting your sources straight is something you should be leaving behind in Middle School
A few links, first one being unintentionally marijuana arguments for dummies.
http://www.changetheclimate.org/facts/
http://www.drugpolicy.org/facts/drug-facts/ma...
http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/brain2.html

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#6 Feb 16, 2012
Cassadaga? The hippie New Age place that's been ripping people off with palm readings and such for the past 40 years?? ha ha ha ha ha
Enjoy your pot Mr. burnout.
Corgay wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the spiritual factor of marijuana begins to set in. You're an hour away from Cassadaga, one of the largest spirituality camps in the US. If your not expecting buddhists, pagans, shamans, ect, to be here, then you must be pretty new.
Corgay

Melbourne, FL

#7 Feb 16, 2012
Bulky Nantuck wrote:
Cassadaga? The hippie New Age place that's been ripping people off with palm readings and such for the past 40 years?? ha ha ha ha ha
Enjoy your pot Mr. burnout.
<quoted text>
You realize this entire area is pretty new-age, right?
Personally I don't smoke pot. I do, however, take cannabis seeds for the severe schizophrenia. I don't get high, but it keeps me from getting too paranoid or seeing unhappy things. Its my medication without the side effects of vomiting, depression, heavy periods or threat of miscarriage.
Might just be me, but I'll take the stereotype of 'Mr.Burnout' over having a severe mental disorder giving me suicidal thoughts or a medication that makes me unintentionally bulimic.
Also paying money for readings is a bit like donating money to your church. Then again, it being 2012 and still judging people on the religious beliefs is a profound ignorance that should have been left in the dark ages.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clintons America 12 hr What a shame 1
Racist or Patriot 13 hr What a shame 2
Obama hides facts Sat Mike Shane Jersey 3
Hillary Clinton lies Sat Mike Shane Jersey 4
Who's got the most cheddar Sat What a shame 2
Cocoa white supremist busted Jun 22 Piel 1
Keith luke Jun 22 Piel 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melbourne Mortgages