King's legacy still cause of debate

King's legacy still cause of debate

There are 1090 comments on the USA Today story from Jan 19, 2014, titled King's legacy still cause of debate. In it, USA Today reports that:

It is a large legacy that looms over the past five decades, from the prophetic "I Have a Dream" speech delivered during the March on Washington to his last campaign taking a stand for underpaid black sanitation workers in Memphis, the city where he was slain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#826 Mar 13, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
B-word,l you have no idea what Nkrumahism is in the abstract. Obviously you have never done nothing more than shoot off hot air. We in the Convention People's Party have lived and breathed Nkrumahism since 1948. For us, it is not an abstraction.
Of course, Osagyefo would probably not call your a b!tch. But he did not have to deal with low life scum like you. There was no internet for you to troll on back in his day.
Actually, Nkrumah was simply more INTELLIGENT than you. That's the reason he wouldn't call someone a bitch. Neolcolonialist, imperialist, exploiter--these terms Nkrumah did use, and in the context of an ANALYSIS and CRITIQUE. Childish namecalling was beneath him, but not beneath you. Of course, nothing is beneath you. Nothing and no one.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#827 Mar 13, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>No, Nkrumah had to deal with lowlife scum such as yourself.
You have the mentality of a religious fundamentalist, a mindset that is anti-rational, anti-intellectual and anti-scientific. Nkrumahism is simply your hackneyed political creed or religion. At least Nkrumah was a thinker. You're not.
How do you know what Nkrumah was? Have you read his works? No you have not done so. If you had you would not even bring this up.

Saint Louis, MO

#828 Mar 13, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, Nkrumah was simply more INTELLIGENT than you. That's the reason he wouldn't call someone a bitch. Neolcolonialist, imperialist, exploiter--these terms Nkrumah did use, and in the context of an ANALYSIS and CRITIQUE. Childish namecalling was beneath him, but not beneath you. Of course, nothing is beneath you. Nothing and no one.
But, you are a b-word. You whine and grip just like a spoiled little b!tch.

Saint Louis, MO

#829 Mar 13, 2014
Gripe...

Saint Louis, MO

#830 Mar 13, 2014
Brothers and sisters, I am not against reading MLK's works or any other, not even comic books. Reading comic boosk will help a person to acquire the skills needed to reading more sophisticated and advanced works later. Do not read for just entertainment purposes only. Read for enlightenment, knowledge and insight. Furthermore, as Africans, I urge you to read those works that are likely to help u7s find answers and solutions to the problems we all have as a people.

When I read, I try to assess the author as soon as possible. Is he writing for entertainment purposes only? Is he just trying to sell books and earn an easy buck? Is he qualified in his chosen subject? If so, how does he compare with others who are qualified in the subject? If the other seem to have more answers or better answer is it worthwhile to read this particular author or some other?

For example, it reading Angela Davis it is easy to see that she is not much worth wasting time with. It is sort of like marriage. I will give a woman a chance in many cases. But after the first date, I will assess her and decide if it is worthwhile t9o continue the relationship. I will not waste my time on someone who does not seem worthwhile. This includes writers. I do not thinkl I have ever read one cpomic book in my whole life. I have always been able to find better use of my time.

And I know there are those who want to waste our time and keep us confused so that we can never find any answers.

When reading MLK I look for answers. I know he made major contributions in our history. But that was another time and another problem. Does his writings indicate that he had answers for today? In a sense, yes. He was a Christian minister. To a large extent, Christianity alone is still relevant.

But I am a Muslim. So obviously I do not read MLK for any spiritual needs. I am more likely to check Usman ibn Fodio. or Amado Bamba or Samori Toure or Sekou Toure, or ibn al-As, etc. Usman ibn Fodio was a Muslim saint who founded the Sokoto Empire ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokoto_Caliphate ) Samori Toure founded the Mandika Empire. Ibn Al-As liberate Egypt from Rome and became Egyptian head of state. Sekou Toure founded the People's Revolutionary Republic of Guinea. These are all heaqds of state and founders of states. If I think the solution to ouir problems is Black Power, does it make more sense for me to read those who orgaqnized African state power or those like MLK who died before he could evebn recognize that Black Power is a good thing?

See, that is the difference between me and Sissy Sevant. I am serious about solutions, power in the hands of African people. That is why I call her a sissy. She will always be content to be a b-word for the white man. I will not accept anything short of full manhood rights and womanhood rights for Africans. While she is talking about "gay rights", I am talking about the fact that Africa is the ONLY country in the history of the world that has three women presidents at once and another, H.E. Comrade Samia Nkrumah well on her way.( http://edition.radioxyzonline.com/pages/news/... ) Ask Sissy Sevant. She is sure to tell you that the Convention People's Party stands no chance of winning an election despite the fact that we won all of the first elections and Comrade Samia was recently elected MP in Ghana. She is absolutely irrational in her hatred for anything African and always has something negative to say about Africans holding political power independently of her white bosses. Sevant is utterly pathetic.

But please support Comrade Samia's candidacy for President of Ghana by donating a campaign contribution here: http://www.conventionpeoplesparty.org/ . Also protect Africa by signing our petition against GMOs here: http://www.conventionpeoplesparty.org/ . See, we have stuff to do other than waste our time in futile and endless debate with b!tches like Sevant

Saint Louis, MO

#831 Mar 13, 2014
was going to say that instead of reading MLK, I find it more rewarding to study Nkrumahism and Sekou Toure. Although my French is very poor, I translate Sekou Toure's works whenever time permits. Obviously I do not have time to read any stupid George Jackson Letters from prison. What the eff was he doing in jail in the first place? That is not the kind of example we need to hold up for our youth. Jackson is dead. What good does being dead do for the African Nation?

Baltimore, Md.

#832 Mar 22, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you are a b-word. You whine and grip just like a spoiled little b!tch.
Unfortunately, that comment is what passes for debate in your book. And it represents about the highest level of your intellectual achievement.
I'm sure that every intelligent reader can see that you've contributed ZERO to the discussion of King's legacy in this thread on King's legacy.
No one who mistakes name-calling for debate can be taken seriously as a scholar, nor be respected as an honest man.
walks like a chicken

UK

#833 Mar 22, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>

No one who mistakes name-calling for debate can be taken seriously as a scholar, nor be respected as an honest man.
I can't believe that you said this, God, you are a hypocrite...

Baltimore, Md.

#834 Mar 22, 2014
walks like a chicken wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. I may answer and insult with an insult, but I do not answer an ARGUMENT with an insult.
But that's a difference I can hardly expect small minds to comprehend.

Saint Louis, MO

#838 May 19, 2014
walks like a chicken wrote:
<quoted text>
That he/she is a pathetic liar, crybaby and idiot.

Baltimore, Md.

#840 May 23, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
That he/she is a pathetic liar, crybaby and idiot.
Sure...But you're the one who replies to ARGUMENTS by screaming "Liar!, hypocrite! Lesbian! pervert!"--like some hooligan from a Nazi rally. You've done so in THIS thread. I respond to arguments with arguments, not insults or name-calling. But I do sometimes return an insult for an insult. That's why I call you a punk, a slut and a closet queer who publicly antigay.
If you wan tot debate, then DEBATE. But if you want to get personally offensive, I can be time enough for you.

Oh, unlike you I don't try to critiique or denounce works that I've not even read.

Baltimore, Md.

#841 May 23, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
was going to say that instead of reading MLK, I find it more rewarding to study Nkrumahism and Sekou Toure. Although my French is very poor, I translate Sekou Toure's works whenever time permits. Obviously I do not have time to read any stupid George Jackson Letters from prison. What the eff was he doing in jail in the first place? That is not the kind of example we need to hold up for our youth. Jackson is dead. What good does being dead do for the African Nation?
One could verry well ask about brother Malcolm x, as you do of George Jackson, what the eff was he doing in prison? neither went to prison for political reasons. And Malcolm X was probably a worse thug or criminal than George Jackson. But like Saul who became Paul, both men TRANSFORMED while in prison. They became revolutionaries rather than ass backward criminals. You may not agree with everything that either of them says. How could you if you're a thinking man? But they do have much insight into the madness of America and the world.
The real difference bbetwen you and I, is that you're a ranter--a ranting ideologist, and I am a thinkers. I even read CONSERVATIVE writers and thinkers. Hell, many Western philosophes (Jefferson included) whom I had to read were racists. While I, like Nkrumah, disagee with much that they did, I don't assume that there's nothing to be learned from them.
So, yes---for example--I think "Afrocentrism" is mainly superfiical nonsense. But if someone asked me why, I could tell them based on what I READ. And I wouldn't have to call Melefi Asante a "pervert, lesbian, hypocrite" etc. I could simply SHOW where he's wrong. Can you do that? Can you CRITIQUE Angela Davis without ranting on about her being a "pervert, liar, lesbian" and so on?

Insect Trust

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#842 May 23, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
Brothers and sisters, I am not against reading MLK's works or any other, not even comic books. Reading comic boosk will help a person to acquire the skills needed to reading more sophisticated and advanced works later. Do not read for just entertainment purposes only. Read for enlightenment, knowledge and insight. Furthermore, as Africans, I urge you to read those works that are likely to help u7s find answers and solutions to the problems we all have as a people.
When I read, I try to assess the author as soon as possible. Is he writing for entertainment purposes only? Is he just trying to sell books and earn an easy buck? Is he qualified in his chosen subject? If so, how does he compare with others who are qualified in the subject? If the other seem to have more answers or better answer is it worthwhile to read this particular author or some other?
For example, it reading Angela Davis it is easy to see that she is not much worth wasting time with. It is sort of like marriage. I will give a woman a chance in many cases. But after the first date, I will assess her and decide if it is worthwhile t9o continue the relationship. I will not waste my time on someone who does not seem worthwhile. This includes writers. I do not thinkl I have ever read one cpomic book in my whole life. I have always been able to find better use of my time.
And I know there are those who want to waste our time and keep us confused so that we can never find any answers.
When reading MLK I look for answers. I know he made major contributions in our history. But that was another time and another problem. Does his writings indicate that he had answers for today? In a sense, yes. He was a Christian minister. To a large extent, Christianity alone is still relevant.
But I am a Muslim. So obviously I do not read MLK for any spiritual needs. I am more likely to check Usman ibn Fodio. or Amado Bamba or Samori Toure or Sekou Toure, or ibn al-As, etc. Usman ibn Fodio was a Muslim saint who founded the Sokoto Empire ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokoto_Caliphate ) Samori Toure founded the Mandika Empire. Ibn Al-As liberate Egypt from Rome and became Egyptian head of state. Sekou Toure founded the People's Revolutionary Republic of Guinea. These are all heaqds of state and founders of states. If I think the solution to ouir problems is Black Power, does it make more sense for me to read those who orgaqnized African state power or those like MLK who died before he could evebn recognize that Black Power is a good thing?
See, that is the difference between me and Sissy Sevant. I am serious about solutions, power in the hands of African people. That is why I call her a sissy. She will always be content to be a b-word for the white man. I will not accept anything short of full manhood rights and womanhood rights for Africans. While she is talking about "gay rights", I am talking about the fact that Africa is the ONLY country in the history of the world that has three women presidents at once and another, H.E. Comrade Samia Nkrumah well on her way.( http://edition.radioxyzonline.com/pages/news/... ) Ask Sissy Sevant. She is sure to tell you that the Convention People's Party stands no chance of winning an election despite the fact that we won all of the first elections and Comrade Samia was recently elected MP in Ghana. She is absolutely irrational in her hatred for anything African and always has something negative to say about Africans holding political power independently of her white bosses. Sevant is utterly pathetic.
You have no solutions, you Islamofascist nutcase.

LIBERATEd Egypt from Rome? LOL... you actually think the Arab conquest of Egypt was LIBERATION???

I suppose the Moslem enslavement of millions of Africans was “liberation” to a deluded Moslem psychopath like you.

You're worse than useless, fool... and I'm sure you're the offspring of an ape and a pig.

Insect Trust

Location hidden

#843 May 23, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
One could verry well ask about brother Malcolm x, as you do of George Jackson, what the eff was he doing in prison? neither went to prison for political reasons. And Malcolm X was probably a worse thug or criminal than George Jackson. But like Saul who became Paul, both men TRANSFORMED while in prison. They became revolutionaries rather than ass backward criminals. You may not agree with everything that either of them says. How could you if you're a thinking man? But they do have much insight into the madness of America and the world.
The real difference bbetwen you and I, is that you're a ranter--a ranting ideologist, and I am a thinkers. I even read CONSERVATIVE writers and thinkers. Hell, many Western philosophes (Jefferson included) whom I had to read were racists. While I, like Nkrumah, disagee with much that they did, I don't assume that there's nothing to be learned from them.
So, yes---for example--I think "Afrocentrism" is mainly superfiical nonsense. But if someone asked me why, I could tell them based on what I READ. And I wouldn't have to call Melefi Asante a "pervert, lesbian, hypocrite" etc. I could simply SHOW where he's wrong. Can you do that? Can you CRITIQUE Angela Davis without ranting on about her being a "pervert, liar, lesbian" and so on?
He's just hung up on Angela Davis being a WOMAN. Moslem halfmen hate and fear women.

Jefferson had brilliant ideas for organizing society. If you eliminate the racism (such as his belief that Native Americans could not be part of such a society), it's great stuff.

Just like with Marx, we have to ignore certain errors he made in appreciating the many things he said which were correct.

As for Mohamhead... I can't think of anything he said that was correct except when plagiarizing Christianity and Judaism to provide a cloak of decency around his mad cult of Arab supremacy.

Insect Trust

Location hidden

#844 May 23, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
Nkrumah is also dead, you nitwit. So is Sekou Touré.

Saint Louis, MO

#845 May 23, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
One could verry well ask about brother Malcolm x, as you do of George Jackson, what the eff was he doing in prison?
Malcolm made a damfool mistake. We understand that. Then he came out of prison and made another one by joining Elijah Muhammad. But Malcolm spent his time in prison reading. Thus, when he came out he had the prescience to really learn about the African Revolution which he later joined when he visited Nkrumah in Africa.

Savant wrote:
<quoted text>And Malcolm X was probably a worse thug or criminal than George Jackson.
And that crap Alex Haley wrote is not true. It was Alex Haley's glorification of the criminal sub-culture. Spike Lee's movie was an even bigger lie against Malcolm. Than came the Marable pervert or whatever his/her name is or was.

Savant wrote:
<quoted text>But like Saul who became Paul, both men TRANSFORMED while in prison.
Now, I gotcha. Paul dell off a horse and apparently bumped his head so hard that when he woke up he thought his name was "Paul" instead of Saul. Then he started lying on Jesus. Poor dude must of really did some serious damage to his head when he fell off that horse and bumped in on a rock.

T
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>hey became revolutionaries rather than ass backward criminals.
Encouraging the white man to enslave Africans was reactionary, not revolutionary.

Savant wrote:
<quoted text>You may not agree with everything that either of them says. How could you if you're a thinking man? But they do have much insight into the madness of America and the world.
Okay Paul oops, I mean SAUL was a great organizer. What I do not like about him is he was too much of a compromiser. He compromised with paganism and ruined Christian Monotheism by doing so,.
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>The real difference bbetwen you and I, is that you're a ranter--a ranting ideologist, and I am a thinkers.
I prefer to be called a propagandist. But I am a pragmatic ideologist as Nkrumah taught us to be.
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> I even read CONSERVATIVE writers and thinkers. Hell, many Western philosophes (Jefferson included) whom I had to read were racists. While I, like Nkrumah, disagee with much that they did, I don't assume that there's nothing to be learned from them.
I disagree wi5th at east one thing Nkrumah did. But as I said, Nkrumahism is pragmatism. So what he did was justifiable under the circumstances. And what he gained by doing it was better than what he would have gained by not doing it. But ideally, he would not have borrowed as much money as he did from the west. Otherwise, Nkrumah was indisputably pure in his heart and his desire to make things better for all of us. Nobody except a sick Uncle Tom traitor would fault him for that.
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>So, yes---for example--I think "Afrocentrism" is mainly superfiical nonsense. But if someone asked me why, I could tell them based on what I READ. And I wouldn't have to call Melefi Asante a "pervert, lesbian, hypocrite" etc. I could simply SHOW where he's wrong. Can you do that? Can you CRITIQUE Angela Davis without ranting on about her being a "pervert, liar, lesbian" and so on?
I call a spade a spade because this is political speech and writing. I deliberately use a language that everybody can understand. This is not the Ivy Tower where a bunch of idiots use 25 cents words that even they do not know the meanings of.

Insect Trust

Location hidden

#846 May 23, 2014
What a schmuck! The writings of Dr. King are analogous to comic books?

I've read some of Savant's writing on King, and King's philosophy AND praxis are not trivial by any means. I'm no philosopher, but I've read Buber and investigated especially Neoplatonism, Gnosticism, and other philosophical thought of late pre-Christian Rome, and my point is that I've heard nothing profound from you, philosophically, politically, religiously or otherwise.

You turn Nkrumah into a cult figure. The revolution you think you're involved in is about as real as Mario Bros. You make snarky comments about Christianity yet you follow a religion who's monotheistic god is a vicious fascist megalomaniac who destroys culture and freedom like the f'ing Borg. And you hate women so bad you think 98% of them are lesbians, lol.

What a pathetic nitwit. Meshug.

Insect Trust

Location hidden

#849 May 24, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>wore than comic books utter fabrication, plagiarism and nonsense mixed with neo marxist hype the ravings of a diseased mind deteriorating
Yet have you ever read one word of any of it? No.

FU racist boy.

Baltimore, Md.

#850 May 26, 2014
Insect Trust wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no solutions, you Islamofascist nutcase.
LIBERATEd Egypt from Rome? LOL... you actually think the Arab conquest of Egypt was LIBERATION???
I suppose the Moslem enslavement of millions of Africans was “liberation” to a deluded Moslem psychopath like you.
You're worse than useless, fool... and I'm sure you're the offspring of an ape and a pig.
Assdurratin, in one thread, even denied that there was any Arab or Muslim slave trade in Africa. Millions of Black Africans perished in the trans-Saharan slave trade, and he denies it even happened.
When I pointed out info concerning this--including Ron Segal's book ISLAM'S BLACK SLAVES-the moron dismissed it as Zionist propaganda. Imagine dismissing the Atlantic slave trade as Muslim or Communist propaganda.

Saint Louis, MO

#851 May 27, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Assdurratin, in one thread, even denied that there was any Arab or Muslim slave trade in Africa.
I know of no credible source who would claim that there was a Muslim slave trade. Arabs did buy slaves from the Romans prior to Islam.
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>Millions of Black Africans perished in the trans-Saharan slave trade, and he denies it even happened.
There was slaves across the Sahara. But imagine trading anything across that vast desert. There were not many. In China for example, African slaves were a tiny percentage of 1% of the population. It is a lie that that was a significant fact in history when it comes to slavery. It was not. As for slaves inside the desert, they were nomads. Generally speaking nomads do not keep slaves. It takes plantations to have a significant need for the slave trade.
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>When I pointed out info concerning this--including Ron Segal's book ISLAM'S BLACK SLAVES-the moron dismissed it as Zionist propaganda. Imagine dismissing the Atlantic slave trade as Muslim or Communist propaganda.
"Ronald Segal was born into an extremely wealthy Jewish family in South Africa on 14th July 1932." ( http://spartacus-educational.com/HISsegal.htm ). Besides, I have never heard of Segal's book until this very minute. I will take a glance at it, though. That is more than it obviously deserves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The heroin trade 4 hr Piel 1
How the neo nazi troll works 4 hr Piel 1
How the Paid Jew Troll Operates 4 hr Hasbara Troll 6
A Book Solving 911 5 hr LoganAirport Secu... 2
America Does Not Mean Jews 5 hr Stalins Jews 3
Bill Mick and Jewish Ben and Jerry 5 hr Bendover Jerry 1
Explain this Meathead 5 hr Piel 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Melbourne Mortgages