Big crock what to do
just saying

Winter Springs, FL

#1 Sep 10, 2011
W have all seen the big crock that was caught alive in the Philippines and there seems to be a big hub bub as to what to do with it.PETA says to release it back in the wild as its confinement will result in abnormal stress and behavior on the animal. I'm sure they are right about that. The locals say they fear to do that because they think it has ate one of the locals .Frankly considering its size and the fact it has been seen killing a water Buffalo I have no doubt that they do fear it.I wouldn't want it in the lake besides my home.Then there is the question that Peta saws they are doing it for money and keeping it for that reason.Well after catching it that may have occurred to them.But they have a large area for it so whats the answer? there is little don't if released back into the local area the big guy would pose a danger to humans. And some of the locals were planning on poisoning it out of fear perhaps so they can fish safely or in revenge for the loss of their Friend.I'm sure being in the wild is better for it as PETA says but they don't live in the area and their lives are not in danger from it.I think its better to have it captured and kept in humane environment ,better the big guy suffer some stress which if the environment is good will diminish with time than be poisoned by someone in this small area that makes it living by fishing.It looks like the best compromise possible to me.at least that's my view on the subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Race a Religion or Neither? 12 hr Jew 5
Royce Bartletts Communist Jewish Friends 14 hr Barbra Boxhead 1
Whats in Your Kosher Food? Jul 21 ThisIsnt Here 3
_ _ _ _ on a Plane Jul 21 Salama Gefilte 3
Anther One Of Bill Micks Heroes Jul 21 Foward Stern 2
Review: Precision Hair Salon (Mar '14) Jul 20 Teresa 6
iheart Bankrupt May Not Make Another Year Jul 20 Kenny Holiday 7

Melbourne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance