Motorcycle shop owner charged with manslaughter in biker's death

A motorcycle shop owner who has appeared on the Discovery Channel's "Biker Build-Off" was arrested Monday and charged with drunken driving manslaughter in the traffic death of a biker. Full Story
Dennis Carver

United States

#1 Sep 26, 2006
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Anonymous

Redwood City, CA

#2 Sep 26, 2006
The boy's going down for this one. Billy should consider a spiritual solution for his obvious drinking problem. Talk about hero to zero...
Mickey

United States

#3 Sep 26, 2006
Is this what happens when some one gets "too big for their breeches"?. This guy had it all going on, well maybe not the hair but still he was where alot of people would love to be and this is what happens when you begin to beleive that you are larger then life. unfortunetly for the victom and his family they pay the price for Billy Lanes illresponsability and inmaturity. at this point saying "Gee I'm sorry I never ment to hurt any one" just doesn't cut it. It just floors me that some one in Billys position would be so damned stupid. Almost every biker you meet and talk to talks about how dangerous the road are, always complaining about the amount of "blue hairs" on the road and how they never seem to see you. Hell they don't see a tracter/trailer coming. Maybe we should all start talking about drunk drivers. What I can't figure is why in the world didn't Billy Lane have some one drive him. It not like he can't afford a driver on the payroll but maybe that would cut into the party fund... well I guess that party fund will go to something much more important now huh? can we say DUMBASS?
Eddiejaws

Muskegon, MI

#4 Sep 27, 2006
It's a sad day not only for the victim an Billy, but a setback for Biker's who see him as bike builder who they look up too.
Grinch

Dallas, TX

#5 Nov 22, 2006
Apparently non of these guys really know Billy. Shit happens and we all make mistakes. Just because he's on Tv doesn't make him less human than anyone else. The man's solid and seeing this kind of response from so called bikers sucks. Cast the first stone if you're perfect otherwise shut up.
surfereal

Orlando, FL

#6 Dec 10, 2006
Dude killed another motorcyclist because of irresponsible drunkenness... you call that a solid guy???
Grinch

Orlando, FL

#7 Dec 18, 2006
Surfereal,
So you are the stone thrower. Being mistake free as you are must put you right up there with Jesus himself.
Bill Wilmont

Muskego, WI

#8 Dec 18, 2006
Grinch wrote:
Apparently non of these guys really know Billy. Shit happens and we all make mistakes. Just because he's on Tv doesn't make him less human than anyone else. The man's solid and seeing this kind of response from so called bikers sucks. Cast the first stone if you're perfect otherwise shut up.
You MORON , the guy killed someone . You want to give him a medal or something. Guys like you TURKEY , give Bikers the BAD IMAGE !!!!
....Shit happened when you were hatched...
Grinch

Orlando, FL

#9 Dec 19, 2006
No medals are being handed out this week. He'll pay for what he's done I know for a fact he already is. As far as your assult on me well lets just say oh well. Come on down to Melbourn and well discuss it in person or bike week is comming up take a putt. Talk trash in person or don't talk at all.
surfereal

Orlando, FL

#10 Jan 11, 2007
yeh you're somebody I really want to meet in person.(read with sarcasm) If I killed a dude by my stupidity and irresponsibilty I hope you wouldn't put me on a pedestal too!
John Christian

Muskego, WI

#11 Jan 12, 2007
surfereal wrote:
yeh you're somebody I really want to meet in person.(read with sarcasm) If I killed a dude by my stupidity and irresponsibilty I hope you wouldn't put me on a pedestal too!
Hey Surf , how you doing ? Havn't seen you for a while. Figured you were riding the waves , were you in any of the recent Surfing Contests ? Well it's good to hear from you again.
Grinch

Orlando, FL

#12 Jan 18, 2007
I'll be at the Island this weekend I'll meet you no problem. Surfs up
Ride2Live Live2Ride

AOL

#13 Feb 19, 2007
I'm a riding addict. I actually don't own a car and simply "ride." With the cold snap that has hit us in lovely Melbourne Florida consider that as hardcore dedication.

So giving some background as to where my comment is coming from. First off the entire situation is a tragedy. The victim's family and friend will never again see their loved one. Another thing Billy Lane will have to live with the result of his actions. I think that most people here are simply saying that to the core. It's horrible what happened. I was a fan of the show and thought as a bike builder Billy was one of the better creators. It was awesome to have a biker shop that was on TV that I passed daily on my way home from work.

What I don't understand is this "MACHO" come here I'll kick your A** attitude that is coming from. Relax. I recently was involved in an accident with a vehicle that left me with a wrecked bike a scarred up leg and a loathing for mini-vans.

Bottom line from this biker that has met the side of a mini-van door and hard pavement. There were victims on both sides of this. Billy though is still alive...the other guy isn't. Hard to live with something like that....but atleast Billy isn't D E A D.

So Everyone R E L A X.
Grinch

Orlando, FL

#14 Mar 9, 2007
RIDE TO lIVE,
YOU'VE GOT THE RIGHT ATTITUED. SHIT HAPPENS AND PEOPLE DIE. IT'S ONE OF THOSE THINGS. I HAVE BEEN IN 2 MAJOR ACCIDENTS ONE IN WHICH I WAS PRONOUNCE DEAD AND GOT SHOCKED BACK. I'VE SEEN THE OTHER SIDE AND IT DON'T EXACTLY SUCK.IT TOOK ME A YEAR TO LEARN TO WALK AGAIN AND THEY DIDN'T DO SHIT TO THE BITCH THAT HIT ME ! AS A MATTER OF FRACT I WAS PISSED ABOUT BEING PULLED BACK TO THIS SIDE.I AM A PERSONAL FRIEND OF BILLY AND HE HURTS INSIDE.
surfereal

Orlando, FL

#15 Mar 27, 2007
Is that you, Bam? Yeh, alcoholism sux, for everybody, not just the alcoholic.

Hey John, How's the weather up there!
John Christian

Muskego, WI

#16 Mar 30, 2007
surfereal wrote:
Is that you, Bam? Yeh, alcoholism sux, for everybody, not just the alcoholic.
Hey John, How's the weather up there!
we had some real nice weather for awhile , but now it's cooler again , in the 50's , when the wind comes off Lake Michigan , it cools down. I live about 5 minutes from the Lake , so when that wind shifts we feel it , but in summer it feels good. No Surf here though , although I see people out there some times in the year , but nothing like you have down there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Melbourne boring? (Jan '10) Dec 23 BigD 71
Do you approve of Bill Posey as Representative? Dec 21 Sally Lotz 1
Do you approve of john Mazziotti as Mayor? Dec 21 Sally Lotz 1
Human compassion, the lack of... (Apr '13) Dec 20 cazamana 2
Review: June Park Baptist Church Thrift Store Dec 19 Angela 1
looking for blues Dec 15 I dont bite 2
Janice Dickinson 'Disgusted' Over Bill Cosby's ... Dec 14 Big Mess 4

Rip Current Statement for Brevard County was issued at December 28 at 3:50AM EST

Melbourne Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Melbourne Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Melbourne Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Melbourne Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:01 am PST

NFL 7:01AM